Submit

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:22 pm
Smart- she'd hope so. Concern, absolutely. Hemera was relieved that she made that clear enough. Just about everything she wanted to hear about herself, to start. Mera had to wonder if she was still awake.

You think too much. Ah, there it was. The dissent. She let out a little snort at some of the criticisms. "I understand that you won't think like me. But I do think you're capable of thinking more in situations that need it. That's the difference."

She turned to face him, one last roll from one shoulder to the other. Her back was getting sick of all the movement. "My guard down. Hmm. Now that is interesting. I need that guard, though. I need it. To keep my dignity. If anyone gets to me, I'm done for." Chiara lived for riling her up, and Eridia wasn't any less of a threat. Somehow, she had ended up in dangerous waters.

Who did she even smile for? Afryse, Elidae. Few others. Very few trolls that she could trust with that genuine emotion. Let someone in, and they could destroy you. Afryse...

"I always wanted to try dancing," she stated abruptly. "I was looking forward to that at the ball, but even if the affair had gotten that far instead of...instead of all of that, I didn't have a partner. But it seemed fun." There was nothing else to say. She could apologize for going on a tangent, she could change the subject. But she was tired. Foresight and hindsight were merely concepts for another time. "That's me, I guess. That's vulnerable me," was all she had to say before burying her face in a pillow.

Kimbley Kitty

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:20 pm
"I've survived this far, haven't I?" was Leeroi's only response to Hemera's criticism. He could take care of himself. He had proven that in Chittentown. Hell, he helped take care of other trolls too. As far as Leeroi was concerned, he put just enough thought into his actions.

Now she was prattling on about not getting to dance at the Queen's last party? Leeroi was relieved when that party got interesting. He was almost shocked to hear someone else could think differently. And all because she wanted to dance with somebody? Leeroi didn't get it. Then again, he wasn't a dancer. He barely rolled out DDR more than twice a sweep. He'd focus on what he could understand. Or really, what Hemera was misunderstanding.

"You realize there's a difference between letting your guard down and being weak, right?" Leeroi was confused by Hemera's reaction. What did she have to lose by being nice, by laughing a little. "I don't mean I like you when you're vulnerable. You're strong. I like that in trolls." he explained, hand balling into a fist.

Leeroi started to bridge the gap between them, pulling himself down to sit on the floor next to her. "I just think you should allow yourself to laugh a bit more," he said, leaning back to get comfortable. Smiling, he lifted the pillow covering Hemera's face. "Besides, what's the worst that could happen? You end up hanging out with me more?" He winked, letting out a hearty laugh. That probably was a bad thing in her mind, he thought.

Gl!tch~
the king of lost signals

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:30 pm
She wanted to say it wasn't about survival, but the conversation had moved on. Hemera let it. Past the criticisms, past dancing. It centered on something else, something important in its own way.

"Laughing is exposure in a way. It lets you think that others will laugh with you, not at you. At least that's how it is for me." As exhausted as she was, she had been realizing she had to outline that her experiences could be different. "Assuming it is dangerous around some trolls I know."

Weird to find her strong. Most trolls were strong. They had to be, because of the world around them and especially society. Trolls who weren't from Four Fronds or Busthind had to keep up. No place for anyone otherwise. It was sad, really. A hollow feeling in her chest.

"Ah, but if I laugh more you'll see all of my teeth. That won't do." Practically a joke, but still. Many trolls had mouths full of daggers and spikes. Hemera's were completely flat. Something of an oddity.

And then, he revealed her. She smiled at him a little, eyelids heavy. Fine, he could have that much. "Mmm. I'll consider it. If you don't make out with yourself too often, anyway."

Kimbley Kitty
:U

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:56 pm
"I'm sure your smile is just fine," Leeroi argued. He was never particularly self-conscious about is own. He never thought he had any reason to be. He couldn't imagine how it would make her insecure. Then again, he had his own batch of insecurities. He'd drop the issue for now.

I'll consider it. If you don't make out with yourself too often, anyway.

"Jealous?"

The invasive thought trickled out of Leeroi's mouth. The syllables sputtered out of his mouth, but the second half was partially covered by a bout of loud coughing, which slowly traded itself for laughter. Soon enough Leeroi was just laughing to himself, arm propped up on a raised knee.

Oh, she'd kill him for suggesting that. Part of that only made him happier for saying it. The thought of her reaction was pure humor in his mind. Laugh trailing off, he wiped the corners of his eyes. He sighed.

"That's a tough compromise, but I'll keep the PDA to a minimum," he joked. With a groan, he stood himself up in the cart. He stretched his body out, fingers colliding with the short roof of the cabin. Adjusting his shirt, he turned back to look over the tealblood. "Get some rest, Mera," he smiled. He had kept her awake long enough.

Gl!tch~

zeflamigo

Interstellar Astronaut

Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out