Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Lapsang Flames (Kawah Ijen & QingCha)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:10 pm
((A private RP between my (~Latonia de la Courtel~) Kawah Ijen and JetAlmeara's QingCha. Please no posting unless you are invited.))

User Image

Latonia Teepee

User Image

Jet Teepee

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2016 4:06 pm
“Well, home certainly never had anything this exciting.” The Phoenix mare murmured to herself as she stepped back to survey the lively scene before her. “I wonder if any of them would care for it, if they knew what they were missing?”

The sounds, sights and scents of the Lapsang Reenactment Festival and Traveling Faire were noticeable even at a distance. There were many types of music and the sound of a bustling crowd, all footsteps, laughter, gasps of amazement and a blend of chatter. Birds flew overhead, some trailing streamers or armed with dye bombs to throw for dramatic effect in a show or to mark some sort of emergency. The crowd was a swirl of hides and pelts and feathers, all matter of markings and colors adornments present. Flashes of light from various shows, as well as workers stations and cookeries glittered over the different coats. The air was sharp with wood smoke and charcoal, sweetened by flowers and essential oils and candles.

To her right stretched more of the artisans and their booths of wares, the beauty and complexity of which had not yet ceased in amazing her. Sashes, carpets, scarves, and jewelry flapped or fluttered in the breeze. Tables displaying the wares of all matter of potters and sculptors, ornament makers and more. The players from their various acts swirled about, the King of the Faire charming ladies as gentlemen fawned over the Queen.

Kawah thrived in the bright, riotous chaos that surrounded her, her smile wide enough to make her face hurt. Bright blue eyes dancing from booth to booth, eagerly sweeping over the items surrounding her. She wanted to drink it all in, to shop every booth and look at every object and try strange treat. But what to do first? Everything looked so fun and compelling and interesting.

“Sovanna would laugh to see you gawping like this.” Kawah scolded herself, glancing over to where the mist-gray mare was holding court in her booth of pottery. “She might be laughing anyway, if she wasn’t so busy. But if you’re going to walk around the festival you should just walk around, rather than standing in one place and staring. Come now then, pick a direction.”

With a final soft laugh, Kawah shook herself once more and folded her wings firmly to her back before stepping toward the next vendor’s booth. The black mare within gave her a faint glance and a smile, in the middle of dazzling a cluster of foals with one of her wares. The lantern featured panels of brightly colored glass with etched patterns, and the candle within made the light sparkle like jewels where it danced over their pelts. It was beautiful, and Kawah found herself just as entranced as the foals were.

“What a magical thing…”

Word Count: 466  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 6:27 am
~Latonia de la Courtel~

Ahhh...it was so good to be home! Or at least back with the Faire again, when you lived with travelling folk then home tended to move around a lot,but none the less kept its homey feel. Qing wasn't sure it was a feeling that he would be able to describe very well and certainly he doubted the ability for an outsider to understand but in any case Qing was quite pleased to beat the travel dust from his hide and spend some time in the familiar bustle of the Carnival. As a scout he tended to travel alot and these homecomings were always especially welcomed no matter the physical land 'home' happened to reside in for the moment.

And bustling it was! the Faire seemed quite busy tonight, more so then the last stop they had made which was good both for morale and vendors and Qing was glad to see so many happy looks on the faces of his fellows as he passed, wisps of blue trailing him as he went. It was rather by chance that the stallion managed to overhear the black and blue mares words - honest he hadn't been eavesdropping on purpose, that would be quite rude. Stopping to glance towards her with a warm look he was struck by her unique horn or horns... was it one or two when it was joined like that? And the way her dusty blue markings lit up her eyes just so. Almost before his mind registered these thoughts the stallion found himself moving closer, catching his lantern expertly in the curve of his horn so that he might speak without mumbling around the handle.

"You haven't seen anything quite yet Milady, Is this your first time at the Faire?" He questioned in a welcoming tone, one of the nearby vendors, a mare who knew him well rolled her eyes but Qing ignored her keeping his attention on the mare in front of him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:33 pm
Kawah let her attention drift for a moment, admiring the variety present in the herd that milled around her. She had to admit that the idea of a life amongst the Faire did seem like a thrilling one, much more interesting than her current directionless wandering. While she missed nothing of her homeland, seeing the companionship shared by the artists and vendors certainly made her long to be a part of something like this traveling Faire.

Movement out of the corner of her eye caught her attention, and her gaze widened as it rested on the approaching stallion. His coat was a mix of warm brown and bright blue, and the streams of flames were much like those that danced through her mane, which in itself made him quite interesting. Of course the glittering lantern he so casually caught on one proud horn was also quite impressive.

"Haven't I?" Kawah gave a soft laugh, charmed by the confidence of his approach. She ducked her head faintly as he spoke to her, flaring and smoothing her crest and wings. "It is, actually, I am sure that is somewhat apparent in how I seem to be gawking at everything. Do excuse me, I meant no offense. Everything is just, incredible."

She tilted her head slightly, shifting on her pale hooves. "I don't suppose you'd consider showing me around, since you seem to be an expert?"

Word Count: 233

JetAlmeara

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Magic Cat

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out