Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Wandering and Searching [Crucia & Azmaveth]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Teh Cheryl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:30 am
This is a private roleplay between Crucia (Teh Cheryl) and Azmaveth (Dea & #Teddy#). Please do not post without permission.

User ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:21 pm
Crucia did not know what to do. Father had been gone for weeks, months now. He had told her to stay still and stay quiet, before heading off and leaving her tucked into a small nook in the mountain. She had spent the first week huddled where she had been left, had curled herself into the smallest ball in a vain attempt to hide all while her stomach rumbled in hunger. She had drunk from puddles that had accumulated around her from the late summer rain, ate sparingly from what little food she could find without moving much. Eventually, though, she had needed to move if only to search for food and water.

And searched she had. For months she had wandered aimlessly, only hoping to find her father. He had to be lost or hurt, she told herself, unwilling to entertain the idea that she had been abandoned. Not yet. Just a little longer, she told herself each day.

Today was a day just like any other. She had woken up at dawn and wandered through the forest, hoping in a vain attempt to catch a glimpse of her father's dazzling blue flank. As high noon approached though, she had taken shelter in the shade of a colossal oak. Crucia, like her father, had been a creature of winter and had always preferred the icy sting of ice over the overbearing heat of the summer sun. She felt drowsy, though, as she waited out the worst of the heat, curled on the ground with her back against the rough bark. Slowly, her eyes slid shut as she drifted off into an uneasy sleep, sung to sleep by the vibrant song birds.

Dea and #Teddy#
See! I didn't forget about it. <.< Maybe.

Teh Cheryl

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:52 am
Azmaveth had nestled into a thicket within the woods, making sure to make it as comfortable as he could. He probably would have slept longer if it hadn't been some obnoxious birds chirping above his head. Normally he could ignore them, but it seemed one of them was louder than normal. He figured that it was just some of them being more lively this morning, so with a grumble, he got to his feet. Walking over to a nearby stream, he bent down to drink some water. Much to his surprise, he found a bird on one of his horns, like it was some kind of branch.

"Bird, get the heck off my horn! Do I look like a tree to you?"he growled in anger, shaking his head. The bird didn't seem to get the hint, so he began to stomp, hoping the sound would scare it off. He didn't even notice the young filly sleeping under a tree nearby as he made all that noise.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:43 pm
Crucia bolted awake at the sudden noise, the clashing of hooves against the hard-packed ground sending a bolt of terror through her. She had always been a light sleeper, but these few months without her father had taken her natural inclination and turned it into a form of vigilance. She was still quite young, small, and frail and could not afford to be caught unawares, especially not with skinwalkers roaming the lands. She had already had a few close encounters with those unfriendly beings who walked, and she had no desire to repeat the experience. She only hoped Father hadn't--

She had clamored to her feet before she had even realized the source of the noise, the loud thumping that was accompanied by the occasional sound of splashing water. She watched for a second, blinking slowly and not quite comprehending the sight of a grown stallion, broader and taller than Father had been, stomping about. She wondered if he was have some sort of seizure?

She eyed the two large, curved horns coming from his head warily. He had not been malicious yet, hadn't even noticed her presence yet, but she contemplated running off before he did. But, maybe she had seen Father...? She took a few steps forward before she could help herself, her desire to find her father stronger than the fear of threat. "Excuse me?" she said, her voice high pitched and betraying her obvious youth.

Dea and #Teddy#

Teh Cheryl

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:15 pm
Azmaveth had just managed to get the bird to fly away, a snort of 'good riddance' coming from him. Then he heard a very small voice as he was dipping his head down to get a drink. He sighed in agitation, why couldn't he get a simple drink of water today? If it wasn't one thing, it seemed to be another, which was getting quite frustrating. However, he lifted his head up and turned in the direction he had heard the soft spoken 'excuse me.' He spotted a small filly standing nearby and he fixed a stern look on her. Before he spoke, he looked around the area, figuring there must be some older Soquili around somewhere. Not seeing any in the immediate area, he let out a sigh, before turning back to the young one.

"What is it? Surely your parents are going to wonder where you are,"he spoke gruffly to her.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:18 pm
Crucia blinked and tilted her head; his tone was rough but his body language was at odds with his words. "I am looking for my Father. Have you seen him?" she asked anyway, guileless. The words were memorized and they came out in a way that made them obvious that she had said them over and over again, rehearsed from experience. "Father is blue just like me. We have the same blonde mane but his is much longer. He keeps it in a braid. He has a short tail and the ends on blue too. He does not have a horn," she said, having recently added the last part after a few had assumed he too would have part-uni.

"Have you seen him?" she finished, looking up at him with large, eyes that were still tinged with hope. None of the other have but maybe this stranger could tell her something different. Father must be somewhere if she kept looking.

Dea and #Teddy#

Teh Cheryl

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:07 pm
Azmaveth heard the filly ask if he had seen her father, a little surprised at how quickly she had asked. Something told him she had to ask this a lot, possibly to every Soquili that she had seen. Before he even had a chance to ask what he looked like, she launched into a description of the stallion she was looking for. He pictured the male in his head, trying to think if he had met him before. Looking into those blue eyes, it was hard to miss the hope in them. It made him feel a welling of sorrow fill him for the little girl. He wanted nothing more than to tell her that he had seen her father, however he wouldn't lie to her.

"I am sorry, little one, I have not seen your father. I do wonder why you are on your own to look, where if your mother? Or perhaps some other members of your family who could help?"he asked. What kind of stallion would just leave his daughter, without telling her where he was going? That male better hope he never meets him or he might have a few choice words for him.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:27 pm
"Oh," Crucia said, her tone downcast but nodding in acceptance. She had grown used to that answer. Father must have traveled very far away or maybe she was looking in the wrong direction. Maybe she should travel another way today. She had been trying to walk in a straight line but it was difficult when she got lost and had to walk through the dark forests. The forests were very scary but she did not want to leave them unchecked because maybe Father was in there hiding and hurt. "Thank you anyway, sir," she said, bring her head back up to meet his eyes politely.

"I have not seen Father in a long time. He told me to hide, and then he went away somewhere. He told me to stay put but I was very hungry," she admitted reluctantly, as though she had to excuse why she did not listen to her father. "Father is the only family I have," she explained. "I do not know my mother, but Father said she was the most beautiful mare he had every seen and that I got my horn from her." Crucia did not say that she did not particularly like her mother, a strange and absent mare that she had never met. Father always got sad when he spoke of her.

Dea and #Teddy#

Teh Cheryl

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:17 pm
Azmaveth could see the filly was disappointed, though seemed used to the answer. He was starting to wonder where this father of her's was, still wondering how he had left the little girl. The horned stallion listened as Crucia explained how she was separated from her father. Alright, maybe that made more sense, however why had he told his daughter to hide? If it was him, he would have been there to protect a child so precious to him. Plus, it isn't like the filly would have gone far, even if she had moved to get food. It should have been easy to find the girl, especially if you looked hard enough.

"If you want, I suppose I could help you search a little. Maybe an extra set of eyes will find him faster than one. I am sorry to hear that you never met your mother, I am sure she was a beautiful mare,"he replied. He didn't want to leave her all by herself, not if he could help it.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:39 pm
Crucia blinked back up at the stallion, considering his offer. He was not the first to offer his assistance in helping her find Father, but... The previous offers had all been from mares and traveling with an older stallion felt like... Crucia struggled to find the correct feeling that churned in her heart. It felt like...she was trying to replace Father. She shook the thought away quickly. That was a silly thought. No one could replace Father.

Slowly, she nodded, her small head bobbing up and down cautiously. "Thank you, sir. I would appreciate it," she said, her voice clear and guileless. "I have been walking that way," she gestured vaguely forward with her front hoof, "for a long time but no one has seen him."

Dea and #Teddy#

Teh Cheryl

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:32 am
Azmaveth waited to see if the filly would accept his offer to help her find her father. He knew it might be turned down, she may prefer to do this task herself. It just seemed like quite a trip for the little girl, one that hadn't been successful. When she nodded her head, he allowed a small smile to come to his lips at that. Just as quickly as it appeared, the smile was gone, he didn't want anyone to think he was some softie.

"I think it would be best if we go in another direction. Do you know anywhere your father might go or someone he might see? Finding someone connected to him would really help. He might have gone to them, perhaps to ask for help in finding you,"he suggested. At least that was what he was hoping, instead of something more vicious.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:39 pm
Crucia nodded slowly in agreement with the stallion, the motion careful and concise as was every move she made. She had been thinking of doing the same thing after all, but now she had someone to help her. She hoped that he would not try to keep her from leaving; sometimes adults did not like her to go off alone. He seemed very sensible though, she considered, her wide blue eyes staring guilelessly up at the large curved horns and the muscled neck. Very sensible indeed.

She took a moment to consider the question, tilting her head to one side and then another before she gave a small shake. She tilted her head up to maintain eye contact with her new helper. "It was always just Father and me. There was not ever anyone else. But Father said he likes places that are cold so I was trying to find a cold place but I do not know where."

Dea and #Teddy#

Teh Cheryl

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:48 pm
Azmaveth watched as she shook her head, which caused him to frown slightly at that. Alright, so it didn't seem her father had anyone or at least not that he had told his daughter. However, when she mentioned that the stallion she was looking for liked cold, he had an idea. His eyes looked over to the mountains, knowing where they needed to go. He could only hope they could find this stallion, so he could be reunited with his little filly. Az had a feeling he might have some strong words for the male when he met him though.

"Alright, cold is something that we can work with, but it might be dangerous. The best place to go for cold is up in the mountains, you see. It sometimes snows in the winter months. Since it is so high, usually they get the cooler weather. So I would think that might be the best place to look,"he spoke.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:41 am
Crucia followed his gaze up to the distant mountains, her eyes glued to the sharp jagged peaks that glimmered white despite that moderate fall weather that she had grown accustomed to over the last few weeks. She had never been up to the mountains before; Father had avoided the precarious slopes but had told her that perhaps one day he would take her there. His voice always sounded sad when he spoke about it, and Crucia did not understand why. The mountain were also so very pretty, Crucia had thought, but Father had always warned that they could be per...peri....dangerous.

"Father always said that the mountains were dangerous and that I should never go alone," she answered instead, already knowing she would be willing to risk the danger on the chance to find Father. "But I won't be alone, so Father will not get mad at me, right?" She tilted her head to the side, looking up at the older stallion with large blue eyes.

Dea and #Teddy#

Teh Cheryl

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:37 pm
Azmaveth gave the little foal time to look up at the mountains, seeing what she thought of his suggestion. When the girl spoke, he nodded his head, so it seemed her father had warned her of the dangers of the mountains. It was true, they were not something you should be traveling in alone, no matter what age you were. There were too many things that could possibly go wrong if you did. You could fall off the edge in an area that was precarious, you could freeze to death in the snow, and that was just to name a couple of things. His green eyes focused on the filly as she said her father couldn't get made at her, if she was going into the mountains with someone else. She did make a very good point, he would be with her for this journey. He must admit he was a little apprehensive to take one so young up there, especially when she was not his own. However, he was the one who suggested it, so he wasn't going to back down now.

"There is no telling he will not be upset by it, but I feel it will be directed more at me. Now remember, that is assuming we even find him, there is no telling what may happen. Also, I must remind you that you should stick close to me as we traverse the mountains. I do not want to chance anything bad happening to you. Anything you might need before we head out?"he asked.

Teh Cheryl
Ack, so sorry I didn't do this awhile ago!

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games