Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It'd been a beautiful lunch with the family at Cloud 9, but it was Buttermint's favorite part - paying the bill. It wasn't just that she was instilled with the proper manners, but that she enjoyed the interaction and telling other Phonies to have a good day. Her father's business sense had passed onto her in a different way, but she was proud of it, and liked to spread the good will.

Bounding to the register, the bill and payment floating haphazardly by her horn, she put her front hooves against the panels of the count and streeeeetched her neck as far as she could, her gaze just barely clearing the counter top.

"Hello miss!" Buttermint chirped, eyes bright. "I have your bill~"

Ruriska with FIN edit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pink Lemonade was putting an order through when the young filly arrived at the counter, her little face just peering over the top. She pressed the ‘Send Order’ button and leaned in, smiling down and thoroughly charmed. “Hello there, sweetie.” She eyed the floating payment and plucked it easily out the air with her own unicorn magic, popped it down onto the counter and doing a quick count. “Thank you. I’ll just grab your change. Did you enjoy everything?”

Chrystali

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:43 pm
Buttermint beamed as well as she could over the counter, leaning up on her tippy-hooves. "Oh, yes, miss! It was delicious, I wish I could cook as well as you!" Her eyes were bright and earnest, tail swaying with happy interest. "The fruit was so fresh and juicy and amazing! Do you grow your own? Do you use them in your desserts? What's your favorite thing here?" The filly was gushing, but it was easy for her to do when it came to goods and wares. It was what she wanted to do, in her own way.

"Do you own this place?" The curiosity of a youth was par for the course, but Mint had ulterior motives. If a pretty, talented mare like the one behind the cashier could be so successful, maybe she could, too!

Ruriska

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:55 pm
Pink Lemonade laughed brightly. "I’m very glad you enjoyed it." There was nothing better than a bright young thing with a lot of questions and she was happy to indulge. "Well, it’s my husband that made your lunch today and I co-own this place with him and my siblings." She counted out the change and put in on the counter for Buttermint to take. "We have a supplier for the fruit, though we do have our own garden at home. We use them in desserts and savoury food. My husband, Midnight Snack, likes to experiment with all sorts of flavours. I especially like a salad that he makes with pear, fennel and walnuts."

Chrystali

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:16 pm
She received the answers with great interest, mouth settled in a small 'o' of wonder. "Your husband is a very great cook! Please let him know I said so?" Buttermint turned her bright eyes over the counter displays and the menu, impressed by the scope of work -- and that it was a joint effort between husband, wife and siblings.

"That's so cool! My brothers and sisters - we'd make a bigger mess than anything." She grinned, not really embarrassed by the confession, but really - she'd probably be the one to do all the work, amidst her siblings vying for who was prettiest in the apron. Buttermint wiggled closer, whispering as if in conspiracy, "I want to own my own business." Righting herself again, she beamed.

Ruriska

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:55 am
"I’ll tell him you said so," Pink Lemonade assured Buttermint. It would be just the nice praise to give her husband when they were cuddled up together later.

She almost laughed when the foal mentioned her brothers and sisters making a mess. When family was involved, there would always be some sort of mess and everyone would always want to get their point across, argue for their ideas. It was just a matter of working through it calmly or in PL’s case, ruling with an iron hoof.

Pink Lemonade leaned in as Buttermint did and beamed with pride when she heard her confession. "Well, then you will," she told the foal. "Absolutely. There’s no doubt about it. And of course, I’m here to help. My time is yours if you ever need any advice."

Chrystali

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:16 pm
"Thank you!" she chirped, grateful for both her praise to be passed on and the praise passed to her in turn. "I'll remember that, Miss! -- I should go back to my family though, before they get impatient."

Buttermint beamed a bright smile at Pink Lemonade, lifting her hoof in farewell. She'd remember the other's kindness and warm belief and somehow, try to share her own gift for it. "Keep up the great work, and have a fantastic day!"

It would be nearly a week later before the minty foal returned, on her own this time, eyes bright and her tail very near bushy -- probably from galloping as fast as she could. A satchel hung was braided into her hair with all the clumsy effort that a child could muster, the likes of which knocked against her neck - and sometimes her temple - as she trotted to the counter.

"Hello! Miss? Or Mr. Chef?"

Ruriska

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:41 am
Pink Lemonade was a little bit frazzled. It was still early and they were light on customers but their produce order had arrived completely wrong and she was trying to pinpoint exactly where the miscommunication had happened (it certainly wasn’t her fault) and how quickly it would be fixed.

She was on the phone, very firmly dealing with the issue, moving in and out of the kitchen doorway and gesturing angrily at various things as if the person on the end could see her.

Dude Food was manning the fort (see also: sleeping at the counter) when Buttermint arrived. He woke with a snort when she spoke and blinked lazily at the pretty girl until there was sense enough in his head to form a sentence. "Hi?"

Chrystali
SORRY DF CAMEO

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:27 pm
"Good morning!" Buttermint chirped at the unfamiliar male, rearing back up onto her hind legs and putting her front hooves onto the counter. "I'm Buttermint, I -- " her eyes moved to Pink Lemonade and her pacing, then back to the sleepy fellow. "I was hoping to talk to the Miss, but I see she's busy."

She paused, the wheels in her head turning slowly, but still turning. "Could I leave a gift with you, then? For all of you to share?"

Ruriska
DARLING DF

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:44 pm
“Yeah, she’s,” Dude Food looked around, to where his mother was snapping a carrot in half, “kinda distracted.” His gaze slid back to Buttermint, still slowed by his nap and his gaze half-lidded. If there were any wheels turning in his head, they certainly weren’t going very fast at all.

“Gift... okay. Yeah, sure. Of course. Wait, is it food?” That perked him up a bit, eyes wide and hopeful.

Chrystali

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:10 pm
Mint bounced her head up and down in a nod, using her minute unicorn magic to draw the pouch off her neck and put it on the counter. There was a moment that she thought she'd just dole out some of the sweet, buttery mints within, but she realized that they were unwrapped and she didn't know how many Phonies worked at the cafe...and she wanted everyone to have some!

With a beamed smile, she nudged the mints towards the other. "My namesake!" she announced with pride. "The Miss inspired me and I wanted to thank her. And everyone here." She looked terribly pleased with herself and the revelation she had upon gifting and sharing. "Have as much as you want, but please make sure to share, okay?"

Ruriska
CAN WRAP UP IN NEXT TWO POSTS QvQ/ SANKU ILY MUCHLY /serenades

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:32 pm
A broad grin stretched across Dude Food’s face when she dropped the pouch in front of him. “Let’s have a look-see,” he purred, opening up the generous offering and peering within. “Mhm. I’m real good at sharing.” Dude Food assured Buttermint before popping one of the sweets in his mouth and nearly melting on the spot from pleasure.

“S’real good!”

Pink Lemonade was still gesturing angrily but that didn’t stop him from leaning back in his chair and yelling out, “Hey ma! Buttermint brought us some buttermints to say thank you ‘cause you’re nice and stuff!”. The frazzled restaurant owner turned on the spot, mouthed a ‘thank you’ to Buttermint and then returned to telling the fellow on the phone where he could shove his carrots.

Dude Food grinned happily. “You should come again later and I’ll cook you something nice.” Anything to keep a supply of these treats coming.

Chrystali
*pops chin on hand and stares at with starry eyes* <333

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 9:32 pm
Buttermint was so happy she could scarcely contain her smile -- and she didn't even bother to try, enjoying the compliment and Pink Lemonade's brief moment of time taken. She knew the other was extremely busy but it was that type of kindness and consideration that she wanted to incorporate herself.

"Your mom is super cool, so make sure you help her, okay? And I'll bring you lots of treats! Especially for the cooking -- you guys make such awesome food. It's a date!" Grinning, she left the pouch and slid back down to all fours, before lifting a hoof to wave. "I have to go, I have to share the good news with my family!" That news being that she'd made another friend, and knew what she wanted to do...and how she wanted to do it.

"See you soon!" she chirped happily on her way out.

Ruriska
//ENDS SERENADE WITH A PROPOSAL ILYSM

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:21 pm
It’s a date!

Dude Food was glad he was already pink or else his blush might have been more obvious. “Y-yeah, okay, cool. See you then!” He called after her, then immediately shoved two more of the sweets into his mouth. Now what sort of meal could he cook to really impress her? A burger, obviously. With a chicken pattie, melted camembert and rocket. Yeah, that would do the trick.

Chrystali
*smothers in kisses* Until death do us part!

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas