[PRP] Mirror On The Wall [Blade Waltz x Buttermint]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Blade Waltz used his towel to wipe the steam off the mirror in the bathroom. Ahhh he felt so much better already. After a great practice, he'd come home covered in sweat and jumped right into the bath. With his wings, mane, and tail not feeling so icky from his workout, he was relaxed.

Draping his towel around his shoulders, his flexed his wings, then his arms. He was starting to get a little muscle tone! He admired himself in the mirror.

"Ah yeah, Blade, you're starting to look so athletic and fit. Every phony is going to be so impressed by you when you're older!" he said to the mirror, pitching his voice lower.

"Ya think?" he said in "his" voice, flashing his best smile at himself.

"Oh for sure!" he answered himself in a higher, femme tone. "Maybe you and I can go out on a date one day..?" He widened his golden eyes and made them sparkle in a look he thought a pretty filly might show him one day. emotion_kirakira

"Oh but no, I wanted to go on the date with you.." he said in a softer, slightly deep tone. The sparkle in his eyes turned from excitement to tears as he practiced puppy eyes, the sort of look he thought a lovelorn colt might give him if he thought they couldn't go out together.

Chrystali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Buttermint was on her way back to her room from playing outside, going to retrieve a brush for Regality (who wasn't as much the 'play outside' type as she was). She would have run in, grabbed it and run back out, but while she was trotting down the hallway, she heard a voice.

There were a lot of Phonies in their home but this voice was vaguely familiar, something she couldn't quite place, making he stop in her tracks. Another voice spoke - that one, she recognized as Blade - and she would have let it go as him having a friend over, but then -- then -- !

Mint blinked at the strange high voice she heard, tip-hoofing closer to the bathroom, realizing it was Blade's voice! Had he made that lower one, too? What was he doing in there? Wide-eyed and curious, she peeked into the bathroom, ears forward and mouth slightly agape as her brother postured in front of the mirror.

"Blade?"

Astraea Pandora

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:08 pm
Blade froze in place. Slowly he turned and saw Buttermint staring at him from the doorway, jaw on the floor. Oh fffffffff....how much had she seen?! He turned the same shade of some of his sister's hair, ears flattened.

"Don't you know how to knock??" he hissed, very embarrassed. "Wh..what did you need anyway??" Blade unconsciously started using his towel to cover himself up in sheer mortification.

Chrystali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:00 pm
"Yes," she replied, entirely unfettered, eyes still wide as she nosed her way in, "but I heard strange voices, I was worried!"

Buttermint paused, recalling what she'd just heard (and seen) Blade say. Her mouth started to pull upwards around the edges, even as she valiantly struggled to purse her lips and speak around the edge of the pinched expression. "Are you practicing for a date?" Her voice was a near whisper, almost asked in wonder.

Astraea Pandora
exploding into laughter in 3...2...1...

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:14 pm
"NO!!!" Blade snapped, pulling the towel over his head and face. If that door didn't have a lock, it was going to after this. "I just..I was just..." He groaned and buried his face into the towel. Someone, something just strike him down now....

Chrystali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:46 pm
She might have believed him, if he hadn't hidden his face. Realizing she was right, Mint's eyes became impossibly wide and her valiant attempts to keep her laughter contained failed. A fresh gale of laughter escaped her, wild and joyous, making the babben have to sit down with the sheer force of it, putting a hoof over her chest. She laughed so deeply from her stomach and so openly that her eyes watered, her cheeks hurt, and it felt great.

"Blade!" she gasped through peals of laughter, "Brother mine, it's -- it's okay! Oh goodness!" She bowed her head to rub her teary eyes between her legs, righting herself with a grin. Mint didn't want him to think she was laughing at him, trying to find the words to express where her laughter came from.

"You're so cool and collected and smart and you know, I look up to you! You seem so...so, like, above it all. And!" Mint trotted over to Blade, bumping her shoulder against his hidden behind the towel. "It's really nice to know you think about that type of stuff too."

Astraea Pandora

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:44 pm
Blade was sure he was glowing under the towel now, but not as much as from the mortification. A small soft green hoof pushed the towel back and away from his face.

"You..look up to me?" he was amazed. While he wasn't necessarily on bad terms with his sisters (thought his relationship with Regal was slightly antagonistic), he wasn't close to them as they were with each other. He felt a little awkward, unsure how to respond.

"I..just..like to practice my expressions.." he mumbled a little, pushing the towel away. "I mean, you see how I can sweet talk Mother out of things right? It's cause I've perfected the look that really get to her. I'll show you how if you promise not to tell anyone I do this. It'll ruin my mystique."

Chrystali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:04 pm
"Mmhmm," she confirmed, nodding firmly. "I like to help others and you're all independent and stuff! It's admirable."

Mint laughed again and shook her head. "That's all you, Blade. It's what makes you, you! Mom would probably figure it out, I'm kinda predictable."

Turning to face the mirror, she added, "And besides, if a girl really likes you, she shouldn't play word games with you. It should be less a goofy thing - " she made a googly-eyed expression, similar to the one Blade had made, tossing her mane to the side and giggling in a sickly sweet manner, "and more like -- like you're the most awesome thing they've ever seen! They -- they should be falling over themselves for your attention! Like -- "

Putting her hoof over her chest, she spoke in a high, squeaky voice, "No I will bring him lunch!" Her voice changed again, more nasally and whiny, "No I will bring him lunch, and a box of chocolates!" Mint mock-argued with herself, screwing up her nose and mouth in absurd angles and shapes, crossing her eyes and throwing her head back with each character change.

It probably wouldn't do to feed into Blade's ego so much, but in the end, he was her brother, and she only wanted the best for him.

Astraea Pandora

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:30 pm
Blade snrked. Oh horse feathers, did he look like that to other phony?? He wriggled up his nose and and pursed his lips. "No! I will! I will bring him lunch, a box of chocolates, AND maintain his practice equipment!" He hunched up his shoulders and flicked his hair.

"You are all stupid to fawn over him!" he did a nearly spot on impression of Regal. "You should fawn over ME instead!!!" he bust out laughing.

Chrystali

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:13 am
Mint wasn't sure she'd ever heard Blade laugh, the very honor of getting to witness it (and possibly be part of the reason for it) was enough to make her glow with pride. His Regality impression struck her funny bone, and despite herself, she began to laugh again.

"Then you two can have a stand-off so the one with the best hair, wins all the admirers! You see? That's a much better option." She felt breathless between giggles, hooves partially over her mouth.

Astraea Pandora
SCREAMS I DIDN'T GET THIS TAG I'M SORRY, I think we can wrap it up in a post or two??

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:01 am
"Oh well then she'll lose swiftly." he said, flicking his mane back rather proudly. He laughed again. It struck him how at ease he felt with Buttermint. Maybe his sisters weren't so bad after all.

In an act of uncharacteristic affection, Blade gave his sister a hug. But almost as soon as he realized had, he pulled back a little embarrassed. "Uhm..weren't you going to do something before you found me?"

Chrystali
That's ok, and yes I think we can wrap this up in another post or two!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:38 pm
"Or I'd scoop them up while you two face off," Mint teased, and it was purely in jest. She was probably the least likely to concern herself with things like dates and relationships, she didn't have time for that!

Blade hugged her then, and the filly was beside herself with joy. She hugged him back - tight, brief - and beamed at him when he backed up. Nodding, she took a few bouncing steps back as well, closer to the door. "I'll let you finish your practice, but make sure you're practicing being you!" Giggling, she turned and exited the room.

A few seconds later, her head poked back in. "Oh, and -- and thanks, Blade!" The laughter - the hug - meant a lot to Mint. With another smile, she waved a hoof and disappeared again, this time leaving her brother to his devices.

Astraea Pandora
WELL THANK YOU FOR THE RP and your patience! It was a real treat! <3 If I can ever RP with you again, just let me know!

Chrystali
Crew

Enigmatic Gatekeeper

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas