Reply It's A Girl Thing!
If you want children / 2 subject in 1

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 3:41 pm
Hi ! If you want children do you prefer to have a boy or a girl or it doesn't matter.

If you are in a relationship do you know if your partner has a preference ?

Me, I don't mind.

It sparked my curiosity because a coworker told me he is happy to have daughters because they are less trouble makers.

Another coworker said that their partner (guy) wanted a son because it is less worry some than a girl. She quoted her boyfriend : I know what a man is capable to do. or I am going to stay home just to watch over her.

I told them, if everyone start thinking like that then the world would be filled with guys !

Then they said it is just a preference. I said you can educate your daugther to be careful. They said you cannot control the entourage.

I believe guys or girls , everyone is vulnerable to bad things in the world.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:52 pm
I am kinda planning on two kids, I want one of each, but would be happy with either.

My partner wants a son, and culturally my side of the family passes things down through the males, though I don't consider it such a big deal.

You have to raise your children to hold their own values, and to respect others. And know you can't protect them forever, but you can be there to cheer them up, and help them out.

The Males in my partners family are known to be nightmares. Though it's just the high energy and high-functioning autism that runs rampant.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

Miss_XxAriaxX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:48 am
cool4
I am kinda planning on two kids, I want one of each, but would be happy with either.

My partner wants a son, and culturally my side of the family passes things down through the males, though I don't consider it such a big deal.

You have to raise your children to hold their own values, and to respect others. And know you can't protect them forever, but you can be there to cheer them up, and help them out.

The Males in my partners family are known to be nightmares. Though it's just the high energy and high-functioning autism that runs rampant.

Do you think your partner will still be happy if he has a daughter ?

My father has a high preference for guys, but he only got daughters. Anyways, I do not have contact with him anymore.

My mother told me if we were guys, my mom would have left us with our dad... When I was a kid I felt frustrated to hear that, but my mom said it's because she loves us and knows we would not get along with him so she is taking care of us instead...

Anyways, interpretation...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:20 pm
XxAriaxX
cool4

Do you think your partner will still be happy if he has a daughter ?

My father has a high preference for guys, but he only got daughters. Anyways, I do not have contact with him anymore.

My mother told me if we were guys, my mom would have left us with our dad... When I was a kid I felt frustrated to hear that, but my mom said it's because she loves us and knows we would not get along with him so she is taking care of us instead...

Anyways, interpretation...

I think he'd be glad to be raising his own kids, someday.  

cool4

Buggy Glitch

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:51 pm
It doesn't matter to me.

However, what saddens me is the open disappointment my brother and sister-in-law had when they found out they were having a girl. My cousin's wife wasn't openly saddened, but I want to know why girls are less desired TO OTHER MOMS.

To answer your second question, I don't know if my boyfriend has a preference.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:43 am
Well, when your boyfriend wants to be Cheaper By the Dozen, you've gotta draw a line somewhere, right? He wants at least one boy, but I've told him he'll get two biological children (Because I'll be damned if I push more than two children out of my hooha), and the rest of the children he wants can be adopted. Personally I'd rather have a girl, mostly so I can dress her up all pretty and make her bedroom all nice and elegant as a baby before she gets to decide what her room should look like.

Either way they're going to either be music department kids, theatre kids, or robotics kids. Less time for them to do anything illegal, you know what I mean?  

Banshee Cupcake

Magical Wife

20,790 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Married 100

Maddy-Mazey

Peculiar Poster

34,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Alchemy Level 6 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:55 pm
XxAriaxX
Hi ! If you want children do you prefer to have a boy or a girl or it doesn't matter.

If you are in a relationship do you know if your partner has a preference ?

Me, I don't mind.

It sparked my curiosity because a coworker told me he is happy to have daughters because they are less trouble makers.

Another coworker said that their partner (guy) wanted a son because it is less worry some than a girl. She quoted her boyfriend : I know what a man is capable to do. or I am going to stay home just to watch over her.

I told them, if everyone start thinking like that then the world would be filled with guys !

Then they said it is just a preference. I said you can educate your daugther to be careful. They said you cannot control the entourage.

I believe guys or girls , everyone is vulnerable to bad things in the world.
Well, my soon to be husband and I want kids badly but I'm infertile so we just gotta keep trying. We've been through a miscarriage so he doesn't care what sex it is as long as it's healthy. I feel the same but I would prefer a girl because ALL THE CUTE THINGS
not that boys don't have cute things but UGHHH lol
and I definitely agree with that last part
you can't protect and shelter your children forever and expect them to go out in the world and know what to do and how to protect THEMSELVES man talk2hand  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:33 pm
This entire conversation is a little troubling.

First of all, I do understand why people have preferences, but that doesn't make them fair or reasonable. It is absolutely devastating to hear that a woman told her own children that if they had been born male, she would have preferred not to raise them.

Second, children are not dolls. You don't have a girl so you can dress her up, that's a little twisted.

I do, however, agree with fostering a child's interests and making sure they are busy with the business of living instead of getting caught up in "trouble" (drugs, unsafe sex, violence, etc.).

In the end we actually have no control, so I would consider different questions: Do I want children? What kind of parent would I be?  

johnlennonandcupcakes

Bellop

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:16 pm
I definitely don't want children, not of my own at least. At some point I may consider adopting an older child.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:59 am
johnlennonandcupcakes
This entire conversation is a little troubling.

First of all, I do understand why people have preferences, but that doesn't make them fair or reasonable. It is absolutely devastating to hear that a woman told her own children that if they had been born male, she would have preferred not to raise them.

Second, children are not dolls. You don't have a girl so you can dress her up, that's a little twisted.

I do, however, agree with fostering a child's interests and making sure they are busy with the business of living instead of getting caught up in "trouble" (drugs, unsafe sex, violence, etc.).

In the end we actually have no control, so I would consider different questions: Do I want children? What kind of parent would I be?

My mom says harsh things, and it's her way of thinking and expressing her thought that is just... not very comprehensive.

I would like to have children but right now it is not possible... Like... I'm single. I don't want to adopt and anyways...I have unstable income...

I would like to be ... a good parent for sure.  

Miss_XxAriaxX

It's A Girl Thing!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff