Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Wanna See the Sea? (Thalia Veraldi and Osmond)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:19 pm
User Image

Thalia had always been an adventurous sort, eve coming from a family who was relatively secluded. When the filly had become a mare, she set off on her own, promising herself that her life would become an adventure that would never end.

She had already made so many friends, including one who would become her traveling companion. He went by the name of Tulio, and presently rode upon her rump for they were not in the skies just now. Tulio was a bird of a clever disposition with a sing-song speech pattern. He was very dear to Thalia and was halt to have his company.

Today, the two were making their way through the Kawani village. Thalia was not shy and whenever she was spotted by a native, she let them approach. Tulio was happy for the attention, repeating the sounds the humans made. Every time Thalia came upon a native, they stared and smiled. One of them had placed a flower in her mane, though unfortunately it had fallen into her mass off curls and disappeared soon after. Later, Tulio had noticed that it had fallen on the ground.

They were coming towards the end of the village, it seemed for the native sightings were becoming less frequent. Tulio had claimed to smell salt in the air and so Thalia had bid him to fly on ahead and see if he could find out how far away their destination was: the ocean. Thalia had never seen the sea before and had come along in order to see it, not that she minded the travel, of course.

Knowing her familiar would come back to where he had left her, she remained in an open clearing where she could see the sky. Locking her knees, she fanned out her wings to feel the sunlight upon her feathers. A welcome breeze ruffled her primary feathers and she let out a soft giggle at the tickling sensation that came with it. What a wonderful day today was and it was still just beginning to get exciting. Why, who knew what could happen on a day like this?

ABVirus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:48 pm
The first sign of the stallion she came across was a large blue hood draped over a branch- it was lined in a fine white fur and it’s interior was quilted, very obviously meant for cold weather comfort the second was the sporadic puffs of sweet smelling smoke and a sound of joyful splashing. A black and white painted horse with long fetlocks lay in the stream chatting with a pair of raccoon who he was sharing a peace pipe with. The raccoon's packing up a basket of berries and foraged nuts and herbs getting ready to leave as the horse was finishing up directions “…so this stream- if you follow it up it leads to AMAZING waterfall once you hit the foothills… you really ought to g…, Oh! Hello!” Getting out of the stream and shaking himself off before some quick preening. Smiling and speaking cheerfully- “Names Osmond! This is… remind me your names?” looking around and finding the raccoon's had already left in a hurry. “…they left with my pipe tobacco! Ah well! that is typical raccoon for you, what I love about the little rogues. Always up to something!” letting out a light mirthful laugh his nostrils flaring wide taking in the salted air deeply “Don’t you just LOVE this sea air!”  

ABVirus

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:59 pm
Thalia had just caught the sight of a dark blue hood, which was accompanied by the sound of a deep, rumbling voice. Thickly-furred ears perking forward, Thalia proceeded forward towards the edge of the clearing. Not far from her view was the sight of a large monochrome stallion, chatting with two raccoons. His hooves dragged slightly into a stream which she hadn't noticed was there. She must have been too excited for the sea to hear the fresh water steam.

She was spotted by the stallion not long after she had approached and ducked her head shyly, before smiling at the newcomer who had approached her.
"Do pardon me for interrupting. I didn't mean to be rude." Said she, hoping this stranger didn't feel offense at her curiosity. He went on speaking in cheerful tones, leading the mare to feel ease at her situation. It appeared he wasn't mad, what a relief.

Thalia was unable to get a word in, even to introduce herself and so took a step back into the clearing; she wouldn't want Tulio to misplace her, after all. The stallion, Osmond as he called himself, was somewhat overwhelming, even to her bubbly personality. He was so big and in-your-face". Being of smaller stature, thanks to her Cerynei blood and hollow bones as a result of being half-Wind, she felt just a bit nervous standing so close to him.

When he finally took pause to breathe in the air about them, Thalia gave a small smile and took her chance to speak at last.
"It certainly is lovely." She went on, slower than her companion had, so to catch her breath, even though she hadn't said a thing before he launched into his own speech. "My name is Thalia, Thalia Veraldi. I am traveling for the sea with my familiar, Tulio. We have never seen the ocean before, but from your attitude, I presume you have? Please, if you have the time, what is it like?" She also wanted to know how far it was, of course, but Tulio would surely be back soon with that information. This was just pleasant conversation until her feathered friend returned.

ABVirus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:55 pm
Osmond smiled and had a passing mischievous glint in his eyes before answering hmm. not this one, but others, yes. It is larger than you could imagine... and very powerful. And wonderfuly cold this time of year the glint returned as he added. "it's always moving, and... Agh. Why did I not watch my pouch! That was my good tobacco! You didn't interrupt anything. Now friend, you seem to be waiting for something or someone, need I worry? rumor has it the growing number of angeni charms got the Walkers restless. Ran Into a couple on way over here as he sniffed the air but this time in a more testing cautious way.  

ABVirus

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:24 pm
"Isn't there only one ocean?" Thalia asked, before she could stop herself. could it be that there were more than a single ocean? How could this be? She was suddenly very interested in what the stallion had to say, her curiousity coming in full blast, until he asked about herself and her inner questions were silenced.

"Skinwalkers?" The mare's wings fluttered nervously, suddenly wishing to be flying and out of sight of anyone. While she had never met any, she only heard whispers and the whispers were always connected to horrific stories. Her eyes widened with fright when it was revealed that the stallion before her had done across a few on his way here. "Here? Skinwalkers? Where did you see them? Are they close?" She did a dance in place, raising her knees high as her voice upped an octave. "If there are walkers nearby we need to leave, right away. Tulio and I can see the sea another day."

A flurry of wings and a familiar voice brought her out of her anxieties for a moment.

"The sea, the sea! We must see the sea! Thalia, my dear, it is not far at all, it's--" Tulio landed on Thalia's rump and took in the looks on the faces of those around him. "Why, whatever is the matter?"

Thalia tossed her head and turned it to see her familiar,
"Oh, Tulio, this stallion said he's seen Skinwalkers about the area! We must fly and we must fly far!" Squealed the mare, turning her head to the stallion. "Please, where were they? We must fly in whichever opposite way they may be!"

ABVirus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:53 pm
Osmond smiled waiting for the mare to. Calm down .. Hmm I'd say... Several dozen in number. And by now, not. Much we could do, they already got our scent I'm sure. There was a donkey Walker, dog Walker ... Cat Walker... Rat Walker. Mentioned something about starting a band... the words decayed to laughter as he couldn't keep a straight face anymore. "I've seen no such monsters lovely. Not around here, luckily! Though the rumors are based. So be careful in your travels. The angeni charms have the monsters stirring. But in less dark news, the bird is right! It's not far Off! Shall we? Let... you're in for a treat, the ocean is a remarkable sight the first time it's seen, and it doesn't really... Stop being so. You ok? I... Couldn't help it. Well I could... Probably should have.

Osmond actually did feel bad. The joke had been a cheap one and not even very amusing. All he had done was terrify his new friend. Looking her in the eyes softly in an attempt to reassure her.  

ABVirus

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:18 pm
Thalia's wings opened so quickly and with such force that Tulio was knocked from her back, landing on the soft grassy ground below and hopping away as his bonded backed away from the stallion, preparing to take off.
"We must flee before the walkers are upon us. They will not catch us in the air, but oh no! You've no wings! I will distract them and then you can..." She trailed off when Osmond began to chuckle and then laugh wholeheartedly. Thalia stared at him stupidly, her wings will raised high in the air and her heart pounding at the thought of imminent danger.

It was... A trick? Even her friend was chirruping in an amused fashion, flying up to land on the cloths along the stallion's back. Thalia did not share in this amusement and she looked rather hurt at its notion.
"That was a cruel joke." She said, turning her gaze from the imploring one of Osmond's. "You shouldn't play such horrible pranks, someone might get hurt. Especially at the panic hearing that walkers are about." She let out a long sigh, her whithers trembling as she calmed and then she turned around to face them again. "But I will not let this spoil my trip to the sea. Tulio, lead the way." Said she to her familiar, who had become solemn after her scolding.

"Yess'em." Said he, taking off from Osmond's back to fly over Thalia's head to say, "You really out to have seen your face though." And then flying ahead with a chuckle as Thalia let out an exasperated sigh.

Folding her wings neatly against her sides, she cast a sidelong glance at her new companion.
"You may come along, but please, no more jokes of that sort... At least while I'm around. I do not think I could take another scare like that today." She gave a small smile, "And I would so enjoy the company of someone familiar with the sea I seek." Said she, before beginning to follow her feathered companion.

ABVirus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:03 pm
The stallion let out a short laugh. you’re right, that was a horrible prank, sloppy and rushed, though i'd not say cruel, as it was fairly obvious. hmm.. though I should have kept a straight face longer and thought of something more creative. hmmm.... Os said nothing for a few minutes deep in thought aside from quiet"Aha's" and further contemplative noises. Ending with an excited explanation
AHA-A! Should have started with the band direction... than mentioned they were all walkers! I did think you'd catch on though- they are solitary by nature and don't gather in such large numbers. Woud’a have mauled each other looooong before they even thought of us. soooo-oo, Who's your feathered friend? Don’t think we’ve been introduced yet. a wide friendly smile and a curious light in the stallions eyes

the path beginning to widen as the trees grew increasingly sparse, replaced by shrubs, larger solitary trees and grass- a dull roar and crash growing paired with a harsh bird cry increasingly clear the further they traveled the path.  

ABVirus

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff