[PRP] Hello.... stranger? {Halldora & Evo}

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:30 pm
User Image User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
General Location: Forest at the base of mountains, the land transitions from thick forest to rocky terrain in this area.

The day was warm. Spreading large, leather wings as far as the trees allowed, Evo's eyes closed and let the air flow past. Winter had been cold, and the cold days were not gone yet, but it seemed today would be better. Black eyes blinked, and a delicately heart tipped nose sniffed the sweet aroma of flowers and spring. A smile spread across the soquili's face, though the result was a little disconcerting. Frightfully realistic skull markings stretched oddly, giving the weird illusion of a smile far to big for a otherwise normal sized face. But without the mirror surface of a lake in front to view this, Evo had no idea how eerie the facade was.

Chest heaving with a particularly deep breath, the kalona mix moved forward, one step... two... Suddenly long legs kicked into the air, Evo's body leaping into the air and twisting with joy. A laugh broke free from that eerie mouth, the smile stretching even wider. Oh how the breeze of spring felt so nice against frigged skin. The sun broke through the trees in patches, the warm light filtering down to rest against the still icy ground. Another leap into the air, another laugh. Evo could not get over the sights and sounds around. Small, colorful birds flittered around the branch like antlers atop the kalona mix's head.

This new land was different, that was for certain. The soquili was unused to the cold that winter had brought, or the sounds that filled this forest. In some ways, it was boring, comparatively... In others, far more exciting.

Moire Frost

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:49 pm
Halldora could not have been happier with the weather. She was eager for the hot, lazy days of summer, with cool nights spent staring up at the sky. She looked forward to the lush green of the trees and grass returning, to escape the dull mud browns and greys of winter. Mostly, she was ready to stop being so ridiculously cold.

No matter. The cold is only your body telling you to move, she thought to herself, trotting in place for a moment before surging forward, neck low, stretching every muscle in her back as she went. Oh, how the warm sun caressed her back, the cool breeze tugging at her mane and thick tail. The claustrophobic feeling of winter was finally fading.

She slowed back to a walk, focusing on moving her various body parts to stretch and warm up her muscles; haunches to the left, shoulders right, then back to haunches straight, shoulder left... She picked her hooves up carefully over the few rocks scattered in this area, sighing with relief as a muscle or joint loosened and began to work properly again.

Halldora looked up and saw another Soquili playing seemingly alone a short distance away. Curious, with newfound energy after warming herself up, she approached slowly, unable to see any details of this other creature from where she was, with a small voice in the back of her mind squeaking, Hey, what's the worst that could happen?

"Having fun?" she called out, adopting as much of a friendly tone as she could.

Moire Frost

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:19 am
The voice cut through the forest, a stark contrast to the birdsong that had been the primary music before. Black eyes swung around, lean body going stiff, as their owner attempted to find the source. Not even a moment later, as eyes locked onto the shape of the approaching figure, the large wings that had been so freely displayed snapped shut. Evo had learned, upon coming to this land, that wings such as these were a symbol of danger to many. As dangerous as the visual might look, it was true that the only danger Evo posed to another was if that individual tried to harm a youngling. Attempting to fit in had been... difficult, and the last thing any outsider wanted to do was alienate themselves further then they already were. So Evo would not display the large wings, which had gained so many compliments back home, unless it was seen that the newcomer was not to be frightened by their presence.

"Why hello si..." Evo paused, and then coughed, finishing awkwardly. "...friend!" It was hard to make out much more then the smaller stature of this stranger from the distance, and Evo was still learning the... particulars of speech found here. "I am most certainly having much fun." The cheerful voice was a touch louder then necessary, the nervousness more then obvious. "The gods have graced us with such wonderful weather, the sky shines, and there are dozens of birds, with no flying fish to be seen!" A laugh followed. "Are you having fun as well, this fine morn?"

Moire Frost

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:34 pm
Halldora hesitated for half a second before continuing toward the other Soquili when she heard their voice; something about the speech pattern used just didn't seem right. Foreign.

Strangely enough, though, the tone of voice was friendly and warm to her, and she was eager to meet whatever strange beast possessed it. It had been so incredibly long since she had spoken to another Soquili, it would be nice to meet one she might actually get along with.

"Can't complain," she said, finally getting close enough to make out the appearance of her new friend. She noted the antlers, the large wings, the face markings with curiosity.

Never seen one like that before, she thought plainly to herself, shrugging internally. Can't be too bad then, right?

"What's that you were saying about flying fish?" she asked.

Lita Rutherford

Moire Frost

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:53 am
"Oh that is most good." Evo nodded, smiling. "Complaining is never good, very irritating to others as well." The soquili looked over the newcomer standing before. Had they made a mistake, mentioning the fish? While Evo firmly believed the stories from home; of large, magical fish swimming through the trees, large flowers bursting forth from the ground before disappearing with a crack of thunder; it was understandable that those of this land had a less positive view. But, perhaps... this new friend would be more... open? And they had asked...

"Well... you see, there are no flying goldfish." A bright smile. "It is much different then my home land, where the gods will send fish, or flowers, or rains to my herd and friends when things seem just a little boring. It can be a fright, for most certainly, when you are traveling and a goldfish the size of yourself swims past." A gentle laugh. "I have only been privileged once, deep in the night. I cannot be certain, to be true... but I still must believe I saw what I think I saw."

Perhaps it sounded crazy, to someone who had never seen. "By forgive me, manners is important, especially here is it not? My name is Evo, whom are you?"

Moire Frost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:41 pm
Halldora listened intently, eyes growing wider and wider as the other Soquili told their story. Fish, swimming in the air? How terrifying, and exhilarating, all at once. The mare imagined galloping alongside one of the twisted river creatures she saw once as a foal, monstrous jaws gaping wide as it slithered along the muddy riverbed. She shuddered, grinning.

"I believe you saw it," she said warmly. Something about this other Soquili gave off a sense of innocence, and as strange as the story may have seemed, she wasn't one to discount the word of another until necessary.

"Nice to meet you, Evo," she chirped. "My name's Halldora."

She dipped her head a few inches in a sort of greeting, chest bursting with excitement and pride; look at her, talking to another Soquili! Holding a conversation. Making a friend. Don't screw it up, her inner voice chided.

"What sort of fantastical land do you call home, Evo?" she asked. "I've never heard of flying fish, or the gods sending any sort of gift, around here."

Lita Rutherford

Moire Frost

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:46 pm
Someone who believed... The kalona mix did a little dance in place, beaming. "Oh thank you, thank you, good friend Halldora. It is an amazing, amazing place, we simply call it the forest, for it is a large forest. It has a lake, rolling hills, a stream, statues, even some ruins. I'm not sure... who... left the ruins, but it is very fun to gather during the fall for spooky parties." A wide grin. "And flowers, of the more normal variety. So many flowers, reds and purples. You often find younglings with flower crowns, befriending the animals..."

A heavy sigh escaped. It was enough to make Evo homesick, all this talk of the forest and what had once been home. The soquili gave a shake. No sense in being so... down. There was a new friend, in this new land, and that certainly ment things were looking up. And this friend was so kind and open, far different then a few others Evo had come across. "I much appreciate how.... open... you are. I have had many tell me I am crazy, or become enraged when I speak to them. I will admit, I am not used to customs here, so perhaps I make mistakes... But many make mistakes when they visit my homeland, and we are forgiving."

Moire Frost

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:44 pm
As Halldora listened to Evo's story, she couldn't help but smile softly; the way the other Soquili spoke so fondly of home, and all its comfort and joy, it made her heart yearn for a land she didn't even know.

"There can never be too many flowers!" she exclaimed. "It's almost that time of year too...!"

She frowned at Evo's comments about the closed minds of other Soquili. Sure, maybe she was a little more accepting than others - she figured someone would not believe the story of the flying fish - she didn't think it overly taxing, or out of the ordinary. Being polite and caring about another creature was the only way Halldora knew how to live.

"Oh, don't you listen to them," she scowled. "They're just too wrapped up in their own little world to understand. Everyone makes mistakes, don't worry about it too much. Just be you, and people who believe you and enjoy your company will flock to you." She grinned.

Lita Rutherford

Moire Frost

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:34 am
Another grin echoed Halldora's own. "I have yet to see the flowers here, but I am anticipating it eagerly!" There was an innocence behind the smile. "And I hope to see young ones enjoying them as well. I always enjoyed the younglings, those new to the land. It was not uncommon to see those who were so new to life be so scared, and I often tried to be a helpful friend to them. Someone who, at the very least, would make the world seem less big."

To be honest, Evo tended to blunder things up even back home. It was not unusual to mess up an interaction and be chased off by someone due to a misunderstanding. So while it was true what Evo said of the others of this land being less then pleasant, it was also true that this was not as new to Evo as it might seem. Though, Evo was not certain if those that had been so rude back home had been natives or not... many travelers passed through the Forest...

But this friend spoke truth. And Evo had seen this first hand. Those who were open and unafraid of being one'self often had many friends and followers around them.

"I thank you, good friend Halldora. It is so true, what you say. I do hope I can live your advice. I have seen great gatherings of friends, back home we would have large dance parties when we gathered in numbers. I do hope I may bring this with me here, to any new friends I make."

Moire Frost
So sorry this is so late x.x comp problems and work ate me alive.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:18 pm
"I've never seen the flowers here either," Halldora realized, quirking her head to one side and furrowing her brow. "I've heard that you can see rainbows of flowers in every color, as far as the eye can see." She sighed wistfully; she had never seen anything so beautiful, ever, in her days. Sure, the land was beautiful on its own, with the rolling meadows and thick, dense forests punctuated by the occasional waterfall or gentle stream. But as she imagined a world covered in flowers, she couldn't help but feel a warm, happy feeling in her chest.

Halldora grinned slyly, lifting her hooves and trotting in place, a far-away thought in the back of her mind secretly glad she had warmed herself up so well before meeting Evo.

"Dance party, eh?" she prompted, flicking her tail as she pranced excitedly. "What do we need to do to get a dance party going?" She giggled slightly despite herself, allowing herself to feel a sense of giddiness she had not felt since she was a foal. The warm feeling in her chest spread, and she felt like laughing and dancing, for the first time in recent memory, with her new friend.

Lita Rutherford
Right back at you x.x Horse show season is starting and my muses are definitely suffering.

Moire Frost

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff