Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meh
  Beh
View Results

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:39 am
So the English department at work has a new department head for next school year. This was announced last month while I was out with the flu. Since then, he's been going around to the other three foreign teachers who are staying (two are moving back to Canada and the UK) to talk with them about what grades they want to be in charge of next year and whatnot. He's talked to one a lot, my boss some, and the other guy a bit. Today, he told those three "officially" what grades they were assigned. He hasn't talked to me ONCE about ANYTHING. The dude has spoken to me twice in the four years I've been here: once at the welcome dinner for new teachers in April 2012, and once on February 13th when he asked for clarification of the scoring for a 7th/8th grade recitation contest we were both judges for. That is the extent to which he's talked with me over the past four years.

Not sure what to think about him not discussing next year at all with me...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:27 pm
Soooo....Since I posted this, dude in charge next year has come to talk to me TWICE today. He's pushing for me to be in 11th grade next year (which is an AWESOME group of kids; best in the school) but the principal makes the final decision. I'll find out next week for sure.  

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:36 pm
Make that THREE times.

GOD he reeks of cigarettes. Supposedly it's to cover up the smell of all the alcohol he drinks, but that may be just a rumor.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:40 pm
chinotenshi
Make that THREE times.

GOD he reeks of cigarettes. Supposedly it's to cover up the smell of all the alcohol he drinks, but that may be just a rumor.
Ssssoooo... covering up the stench of one vice with the stench of ANOTHER vice.
Yeeeeeeah. Makes tons of sense to me!!!
Also, this guy just seems scatterbrained to me.
Hopefully you'll get the grade you want!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! <3

Wisdom Chyck

O.G. Codger

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 2:53 am
Wisdom Chyck
chinotenshi
Make that THREE times.

Ssssoooo... covering up the stench of one vice with the stench of ANOTHER vice.
Yeeeeeeah. Makes tons of sense to me!!!
Also, this guy just seems scatterbrained to me.
Hopefully you'll get the grade you want!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! <3
Scatteredbrained is being kind. He's told our Australian teacher, in a single conversation, that the Australian guy would be in charge of planning for 12th grade, then 9th grade, then 10th grade, then 9th grade again.

Actually, I wouldn't mind teaching 11th grade next year. AWESOME group of kids compared those this year in 7-9th grades. I taught them my first two years and really miss them.  
The Literate Spam Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games