Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]
[PRP] Pride Prosperity (Bangizwe & Simosihle)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:44 am
User Image

You remember how I showed you to keep after your own cubs, Njalo? Patient brown eyes examined the bubbly lioness with an inquisitive, but not skeptical look.

Ah-huh!

It's important that you keep that trick in mind. It will help you during the Inqina. I know Umama Ukwazi will be in good company with you at her side. Remember that the mothers are trusting you to care for their cubs as if they were your own, Njalo. Simosihle continued, making sure to convey the seriousness in her tone with crystal clarity.

...they are, Nja's own, Sisi.

There were probably going to be some lionesses who did not take comfort in knowing that Njalo'sasa would be assisting during the Inqina beside Umama Ukwazi. But they were idiots. No matter how ditzy her freckle-faced friend was, Njalo was as loving and steadfast as they came. Simosihle had every faith that Njalo would give her life for any one of those cubs, no matter who their mother was, or father for that matter. Just as she would have sacrificed herself for any member of the pride no matter how little or how much they liked her. That was just who she was.

Since her mother had abandoned her all those years ago, this had become Njalo's home. The sum of its parts was far more precious to her than her own life.

Sighing softly, Simo tried to put the worry out of her mind. With everyone distracted with the Inqina or still stuffed to bursting from the marvelous hippo feast, it was the perfect opportunity to catch her champion, the new Umholi Bangizwe alone. Quiet footsteps carrying her gracefully across the grassland that had become their new home. She wondered if she'd ever get used to seeing so much green.

Biting back an affectionate smile at the golden figure alone in the distance, she carefully closed the gap between them, tail twitching with an unexpected bout of giddiness. Trying desperately to seem every bit the calm, nonchalant Umama she should be. You seem to be settling in well.

Quaji

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:38 am
User Image

The stalwart Umholi visibly jumped at the sudden addition of a voice into the air. It was a voice he knew all too well and one he had been missing hearing in the recent days. She had been present, yes, but it had been too long in Bangizwe's opinion since the last time they had talked one-on-one. This was a pride that contained many gossipers as knowing was half of survival in the lands of bone.

Bones which were currently buried beneath green.

Bangizwe looked back over his shoulder and shared her smile. Dipping his head, recognizing her presence before turning it back to look ahead of himself. The golden lion nodded his head upward, motioning towards a thin, thorny acacia. "Shh. Look." He said, his voice hushed, barely above a whisper. It was a pair of white-headed vultures. "A nest. One of the lionesses told me about it. They spotted it while hunting. Apparently this kind of vulture only has one egg at a time."

Sinking into the half-eaten blades of green, Bangizwe turned his attention to the Umama. "To what do I owe the pleasure of your company, Simosihle? I would have thought you would be helping with the Inqina."

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:11 pm
In turn startled by the way the large male's shoulders jarred with the sound of her voice, Simosihle laughed softly as she sank into the plush grass beside him, strangely comfortable with this lion who had been a rogue she knew nothing about not too long ago. Still knew nothing about, if she was honest with herself. Stifling the warmth of her giggles at the hushing breath, her own earthy gaze rolled up to the branches and the nest overhead.

Ah. Maybe we'll have a new recruit for the Cinga or Aenda soon. There are certainly enough new candidates to choose from these days. Her voice carried quietly to him so as not to disturb the nesting pair, half-mindedly wondering what would make someone look up to notice such a thing in the first place. Her pride sisters were nothing if excessively nosy.

After a moment of watching the vultures in silence, her chin lowered, eyes returning to the Umholi at her side, feeling her coat warm beneath his smile, like basking on a stone in the early morning sun. It was a pleasantly reassuring sensation. Her own muzzle quirking coyly. I didn't know you were such a connoisseur of vulture species. Maybe you should give lessons.

It certainly wouldn't hurt to extend the knowledge of the pride members who spent most of their time in the company of feathered friends. Being able to distinguish between species, know their characteristics and behaviors could help better match future pairs. Sighing at her straying thoughts of the pride's well being, ever wearing her "Umama Hat" as someone had pointed out recently, Simosihle added gently, Honestly? I just wanted to see you. It's been busy around here recently with the migration and so many new cubs tumbling under paw---a knowing little arch of her brow extending playfully to Bang though she was secretly pleased to hear he had sired far more litters than that insufferable Andhaka--There haven't been many chances for me to catch you alone to find out how you're settling in. It can be... overwhelming, I'm sure. All of us.. and only one of you.

[IC] Ithambo'hlabathi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games