He appreciated the little male's calm and patience. It was a refreshing greeting since Selene was ... adorably hyper, and the mother had threatened himself and Naruto. Hard to see these little ones as threatening... A small smirk showed itself on Itachi's lips. Surely with the help of these little ones, Naruto's spark would be returned. Naruto had grown reclusive and less himself as the days came closer and closer to the confrontation with Sasuke. For now, Kunai is safe... but for how long can I keep her safe? he mused to himself. Itachi dipped his head in greeting to Shirahime. "Your son has a valid point. Let us all start over with introductions. I am Uchiha Itachi, elder brother of Uchiha Sasuke."

So, the little horses were fully grown, adult horses, just a different breed. It seemed there were various kinds, but that would be normal in any world. Even in the human world, there were all sorts of, well, humans. He sized each of the little ponies up. Perhaps they would serve well as distractions and spies--deadly ones, if trained right. Itachi's mind began to slowly churn as he looked over Selene to see which areas she would excel at. Because she was so approachable and so incredibly adorable--and here he chuckled silently--could stand up for herself, perhaps it was more accurate to say she was the kind to send out in the open. He looked over Selene's mate. He had some training as well, but it was clear Kakashi had vanished and left all of them with half-finished training. Naruto would also benefit from training with them. He is still unused to that new body of his.

Selene's threat managed to calm his peals of silent laughter. Kyuubi sobered up quick as he glowered at Selene. "I don't need any kissing from you," he sneered. "Besides, you're like a little kid the way you're reacting to Naruto." For some reason, the unbidden image of a puffed up angry cat filled Kyuubi's mind as he looked at Selene. Then he started laughing again. He turned away as his body shook. Clearing his throat, Kyuubi looked down at the small ponies from Naruto's back. "Anyway, if you kiss me, I will claw your little legs out with pure pleasure." He said his threat half-heartedly. He didn't mean it nor did he care, as long as he wasn't kissed by Selene. He only wanted kisses from his dear beloved Ramen... who had eyes for Sharingan. He sighed as the thought crossed his mind.

He hopped off of Naruto's back when he had finally calmed down from his silent laughing fit. "Well, since we're reintroducing ourselves, I'm Kyuubi," he said proudly. Minus my other 8 tails, he thought, resigned. He wasn't nearly as powerful in this new world as he was in the old one. He really missed his old powers. Ah, well. It wasn't as if he didn't know how to use his claws and teeth. He was stealthy, cunning, and could kill with no remorse. Kyuubi glanced over at Itachi while Selene lecture Naruto on his manners. Well, he looked at Itachi, but it was more like he had to fight to hide his laughter again. Naruto being lectured by something so much smaller than him was far too amusing. He couldn't handle it. At the rate this was going, he would die by lack of air from laughing so much.

Naruto's jaw dropped as Selene lectured him. He was flabbergasted. "Wait, you mean ALL OF YOU GUYS ARE ADULTS!?" he shouted in hysterics. Tick. Naruto's brain floundered for a moment as he took in the scene before him. Tock. He shook his head and decided there wasn't any point in dwelling on strange things. He had enough on his ha... ah, hooves, as it was. "Well, Selene, I'm really sorry... I know how you feel, you know?" he apologized with a chagrined grin. "Oh, um, yeah. I'm Uzumaki Naruto!" he said enthusiastically. "I'm going to be Hokage one day!" Naruto sometimes felt that the more he repeated his dream, the closer it was for him to achieve it. He had a niggling feeling that he had "died" too soon in his old life, but he could do nothing about it, so he was content to start over--he had been given a second chance, and he wasn't going to pass it up. Opportunities were very rare, and Naruto was never one to miss them. Ever.

White Neko Chan

Rein_Carnation