Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:22 am
User Image

This pride was...interesting. The Tianxia normally retired at certain times, saving any undone work for the next day, but the Pridelands did not seem to function that way. Hunting happened at almost all hours to feed the growing populace. It was strange to the ambassador, but she adjusted well enough. It was her job after all, to adjust the fastest and to begin to understand the pride's way of life, but it was also her job to ensure that this deal went through.

As she climbed Pride Rock, she looked out across the darkening land and smiled. It was certainly breathtaking, there was no doubt in her mind about it. It was no wonder many who found this pride never wanted to leave. It would be interesting to see if the Pridelands' royal family upheld their end of this agreement.

It was still odd the lack of formalities this pride had. She was so used to speaking to a guard, waiting, more waiting and then finally being able to speak for mere minutes to the head of wherever she was. Here, there was no such thing. Instead the ambassador was simply looking. Looking for the king of the Pridelands so that they might talk.

Safaia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tau was within the mouth of the cave on Pride Rock, speaking with a head scout before they headed off to their rounds on the border. Things seemed ok, but he was still unsettled from what so many of the seers said a while ago.

"Keep me informed," Tau told the black lioness, watching her bob her head before slinking away in the shrinking light. Tau stretched, sighing as he considered speaking to the council yet again about things he couldn't pin point beyond his gut feelings.

It took a moment for him to realize that someone else was here, someone that was part of the traveling group from Tianxia.

"Ah, hello," he said politely, offering a small nod to the lioness. He adjusted himself so he was standing alert and proper, hearing faint chiding remarks from his mother deep within his memory.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:55 pm
"I hope the night is finding you well." Este opened with as she dipped her head respectfully to him, though it was brief. "I was hoping I might be able to have a moment of your time," Her pale grey eyes glanced outside of the cave, careful of who might be overhearing. This pride was too large at times. "I would like to ensure that you are aware of your side of this agreement and what the Tianxia expects in return for our presence, time and energy spent here."

She had no intent to insult the king of the Pridelands and prince in the Tianxia and she held no authority to force anything. The Tianxia was in position to force anything anyways. With blood-relation, this agreement should go smoothly, but even so, she needed to make sure the terms were understood by both sides.

There was another concern weighing heavily on her mind. How easily would Pridelanders give up their home, travel two weeks or more to a new place and join a pride they hardly knew? All because a king, who some did not even consider a true Pridelands king, said so. Even with volunteers, would it be enough. She had seen the looks the group had gotten when they had arrived and that with the captain being an ex-Pridelander. Even now, the had been here much longer than expected and she hoped the distant pride would be duly compensated.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:05 pm
"It is. I hope the same to you," he said pleasantly. She seemed all business, and he was happy to oblige. Sometimes it was best getting lost within the work; it forced his doubts to take a step back while he handled things that were more solid, rather than ethereal.

"I appreciate you taking the time to come here." Oh, shoot. He knew that he was given her name, but with everything else swirling around in his head her name misplaced itself. Hopefully she wouldn't subtly call him out on it. "The last thing I would desire is an incorrect assumption between what our prides have agreed on, regardless of my blood relation to the Emperor of Tianxia."

"If you would begin, I will offer up what my assumptions are if you have any questions on that regard," he added on.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:37 pm
"Of course." It was her job to be all business. She represented a whole pride after all.

The starry ambassador settled into a perfect-postured sit, a respectable distance from Tau, but close enough that they need not shout to hear one another. "I appreciate your words, King Jīnsè." There was a phantom quirk in the normally flat position her mouth held, giving her a grin for only seconds. The name came quickly and she gave no opening for the young king to interject and correct her before she continued.

"To ensure there is no confusion, I will repeat our agreement and ensure this still stands." Este cleared her throat beforing continuing, "You requested the Tianxia's aid in training troops, a skilled trainer, as you were worried for the safety of your pride. Rightfully so, if I may add. With a hostile clan of hyenas bordering your land, it is no wonder you sent word to your father, my Emperor."

The ambassador's paws did not shift, her shoulders never shuddering once as she held her post and her gaze did not break from the king's face as she spoke. Though she did remember to blink at least. Oh, and keep her tail still and curled around her paws.

"Your request was acceptable as we would never turn from our blood and allies in the Pridelands. And so we sent Captain Thrain, as well as those he deemed necessary for his journey and time here. In return, you agreed to aid in bolstering the Tianxia's numbers by having some of your own return with Captain Thrain. Are my words truthful thus far, King Tau?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:13 pm
Well. She was very well spoken and trained. Tau had to acknowledge that clearly Tianxia was doing well if someone so skilled was their ambassador. Yes, technically, all ambassadors should be; but she seemed different. Almost as if it came naturally to her.

"As clear as the morning sun, Ambassador."

He was considering having one or two of his own trusted people go to Tianxia for training on how to handle relations between prides, but that could come only after this current agreement was completed.

"I feel like the numbers grow a bit the longer you and yours are here; curiosity and an easy life is very boring for those of the younger generation."  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:44 pm
She had been trained for this from almost the beginning. Years of lessons, and hours mock-conversations with pretend dignitaries later, here she was, speaking with the king of the largest known pride in the lands. It got her heart beating so loud it echoed in her ears, but she had to keep some kind of calm. These weren't negotiations, but they sure felt like that to her.

"Indeed. The bellies of the lionesses in your pride swell quite frequently. It is our hope that you may share this wealth in numbers with your birth pride, and ally." Este spoke, her emphasis on the last word particularly. "Since we arrived, there has bee some interest from those in your pride to learn more about us, but I feel as though they do not know the entire nature of our visit. While we do aim to aid you, we must also ensure this agreement is beneficial for us both." Her eyes fell slightly and a her right forepaw, however slightly, moved. Her voice at least held true.

"King Tau, I have no intention of fostering bad relations and fear your pride may think our intentions unfair or unjust in some way when they learn the price at which our training comes. In that, we seek to ensure some, however few, do return with us to the Tianxia. I wish some word from you that this will be so, so that we might be able to continue these kinds relations for generations to come without worry that either side will be slighted."

This was, after-all, only the second time the prides had truly done anything as far as 'negotiating'. Even the Emperor hadn't been part of any grand scheme, or any the ambassador was aware of. Putting the grandson of the previous King of the Pridelands, who at the same time was the son of the Emperor and Empress of the Tianxia on the Pridelands' throne seemed like an ingenious move on both sides to tie the two prides together: permanently.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:58 pm
Tau nodded. "It is a blessing, as well as a balance. So many bellies swell, but that does not mean the same for the wildebeests and gazelles that we feed on. Restless minds with little to do usually bring about trouble; nothing serious, but at times I wonder how it hasn't developed into anything more troubling. My ancestors surely foresaw some of that, and have helped guide the pride towards where it is now, but it cannot last forever."

Too many lions too close together. Food wasn't short, but some hunting parties had to go further out than others just to make sure the herds weren't overhunted. The water sources remained stable, but what would happen if a drought struck? Besides, genetics needed a little...spreading out. Even he knew it struck within his own genes.

"I know of at least six, but it wouldn't surprise me if more joined in. I can give you names when you are prepared for them." She may want to look over them before they were scheduled to leave, for approval.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:06 pm
A breath that had been unknowingly held in Este's lungs was finally given the chance to leave. A heavy burden had been lifted off of her shoulders, at least for the moment. Six. So few, but it would at least be a start. Hopefully the King anticipated correctly and more would follow when the time came. Still, she was still worried of how the Pridelanders would see their Tianxian visitors when this was all said and done.

She gave the young royal a solemn nod. "Your words put my mind at ease, King Tau. I would surely like to meet these six before the end of our time here. If they are certain of their choice, I would like to begin tutoring them on manners and begin preparing them before our arrival back in the Tianxia to avoid some amount of culture shock. As I'm sure you know of how different our two prides are."

A moment's pause and her head tilted downward, slighting to the left and then back up to Tau with a smile, something unaccustomed to being on her face. "I believe you have quelled all of my worries. Thank you, your majesty."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:21 pm
Tau chuckled. "Quelled for the moment, I assure you that a few more will appear. It is only natural with a pride this large, and so many independently thinking minds. Come it me if you have any doubts about anything, and we can discuss any issues further."

He should probably report to the council in the morning, but at least this was a good step towards progress.

"I will speak with you again soon," he nodded to Este, pleased to see that she seemed more relaxed. "Perhaps with the captain, as well."  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:00 pm
"I look forward to it, King Tau." With the final statement Este rose to her feet, bowed her head thoughtfully to the red-maned male before allowing herself to turn and leave the way she had came. Once out of sight of the ex-Tianxian royal, she let out a sight of relief. That was her first real work with her rank and it seemed to go well. She got...oh, she didn't get the names, but she was sure they would likely come by bird or by messenger in the next few days. At least she got a number though, a number which were at least largely considering making the move which was better than the number she had when she went in.

The ambassador let her shoulders sink and her muscles relax as she headed back down to the Tianxian envoy to relay the news to Captain Tie Shi, as well as send back a bird with an update about how things were going on their end. They had been here longer than expected and she knew the Emperor would want an update about their actions sooner rather than later. Then...then maybe she could get some sleep.

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games