Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[Contest] TWCTT: Grand Opening -CLOSED. Congrats winners! Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:27 pm
User Image

[Click the banner to visit our main Tribe thread]

Mission Statement - "Our mission is to provide you a place of refuge from the darkness. A safe haven in the midst of strife. A healing touch against the grip of illness and harm. Our goal is that when you leave our fold you find yourself rested, healthy, and rejuvenated; mind, body, and soul. May the motherfather guide your journey.."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:29 pm
The Journey of the Summoned
❧The night sky lies so very vast above you, littered with stars which burn like opalescent gems and burdened by a pregnant moon so large you feel as though you could almost reach up and touch it. Silver white light casts its glow down upon all of Matope, blanketing it in a shawl of enigma and alighting the leaves of the trees above in silver fire. Your weary hooves carry you through the swamp as you journey to a place you once heard of in a legend, or perhaps it was a song.. you can barely remember the words but you knew ever since you first heard of its existence that you had to see this place for yourself. And now here you are. Taking the pilgrimage through dark waters which, when disturbed, cast upwards the old and earthy scents of long decaying plant matter. Through groves of ancient mangroves so vast and large you fear they may just choke the sky and were it not for the path beneath your hooves you would most certainly lose your way. The path that, by the moons light alone, guides you to a place most sacred. Fear and excitement grip you and fight for dominance the deeper you move into the swamp lands. The low hoot of an owl in the distance urges you onward 'Keep going.' It seems to say. 'Fear not.' And so you push yourself onward into the shadowed wilderness outlined by an eerie silver glow, the path ahead a radiant white in the moonlight. The moment you begin to doubt your decision is the moment you first see the faint light in the distance. Your heart flutters in your chest as the closer you get, the brighter the light becomes. At the end of the road two giant mangroves guard either side of the path and with their entangled branches form a gateway of sorts through which the luminescence spills. Holding your breath you step into the light and find yourself in a place mere words can hardly dare to describe. Time appears to stand still within this place, so mesmerizing the legends hardly do it justice, and you feel an instant peace overwhelm you within the presence of the magnificent giant. Welcome, honored guest, to the White Crane Tree.❧

User Image

User Image❦The grounds have been decorated brilliantly to celebrate the blessings of the season, when the tiniest of seedlings slumber and dream of springs warm embrace. The tribe has laid out a splendid meal from their reserves, sharing with all Kin the blessings of the land. Plump quail with rosemary, roast caiman in a fruit glaze, toasted apples, fresh fruits and vegetables, only a few of the many delightful dishes present. Everyone is gathered upon the main grounds, most keeping close to the warm bonfires to stave off the mild, though crisp, chill in the air. The spicy scent of incense drifts throughout the area, likely from tribe members occasionally feeding the fire scented bark. The crowd grows silent and all eyes turn as a pale doe steps quietly from within the great tree and smiles, gazing upon the faces of all those assembled. It had been quite some time since she had last seen the grounds so full and it warmed her heart. "Welcome, everyone! It as an honor to have you in our midst. Some of you have come to join our noble cause and we welcome you wholeheartedly. Your light will shine brightly into the darkest corners of the wilderness and we hope you will find purpose, happiness, and enlightenment within our keep. To those who have come simply to enjoy our festivities and unwind as a guest you are no less welcome! We are most pleased to have you and do hope you enjoy your time with us. I am Moss-flower. Should you have any questions, or wish to converse, feel free to approach myself or any tribe members, we would be very happy to meet you. Now, enjoy the food, the music, the dance, and beware the spiced apple water for it does have quite a.. bite." She laughed, giving the crowd a wink. "Welcome to The White Crane Tree and let the festivities begin!" A roar of excitement rose up from the crowd and the music started up again, a light and airy tune that lifted the spirits and brightened the mood even more. It was shaping up to be quite a wonderful event indeed.  

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:30 pm
Welcome to the Grand Opening event for The White Crane Tree Tribe! Come in, have a seat (unless you are already sitting in which case just.. keep doing that. Or stand.. anyway.. oh lord ignore me.), and enjoy the festivities! This event will last two weeks from the start date (The 15th to the 29th) and judging will take place shortly after that by myself and a guest judge. Feel free to enter as many contests as you like and, most importantly, have fun!

If you have any kin who are interested in joining the tribe itself please feel free to fill out the application form located HERE (Bottom of 9th post) and post it HERE. Thank you for taking the time to join us and we look forward to reading all of your entries! Welcome to the White Crane Tree Tribe. May the motherfather guide your journey.

-Rules and stuff-

Contest Start: Jan 15th at 12am.
Contest End: Jan 29th at 11:59pm
How many contests may I enter and how many prizes can I win? You may enter for as many as you like but are limited to winning one Kin and one familiar. c:
(This is not a guarantee that everyone will win a prize, let alone two prizes. Just for reference. LOLDISCLAIMER.)

❧This event is open to both Tribe members and non-Tribe members respectively. Anyone may participate!
❧Please fill out all forms completely and post your contest entries in this thread only.
❧If you would like to join the Tribe post the appropriate application form in the MAIN Tribe thread only.
❧Have a great time! Feel free to RP in this thread, even if your kin doesn't belong to the tribe.
❧Don't get discouraged. There are so many talented Matopians running around this place it can make your head spin. Just do your best, try to have fun with your entry, and give it your best shot. You can't win if you don't try. ;D
❧Be good to each other. No fighting, no drama. Play nice. xD
❧Feel free to PM me with all questions and concerns! My inbox is always open.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:31 pm
User Image

Start: Jan 15th - End: Jan 29th

Recipe Book Pg 1.
The wizened old Kimeti led a few guests through the rows of hoof tilled earth which made up the Healers Fields. She often took great joy in sharing the blessings of the land with those who sought the Tribes healing guidance and, while many kin danced about the roaring fires and filled their bellies with delicacies, some wanted to see what the tribe had to offer. She was happy to show them one of many wonders. Sometimes to spend some quality time in a peaceful environment was what the soul truly needed to unwind. She especially delighted in hearing homemade recipes from guests when the opportunity presented itself. They often had the most creative methods of caring for themselves and their loved ones. Be it recipes from elder family members, trial and error finds, or even ones from the Acha, Zikwa, and Totoma and their exotic lands. One never stopped learning, no matter how old they became. "So many of our wondrous herbal recipes are created from herbs we cultivate and harvest ourselves right here in these very fields." She smiled warmly at the group. "Ah, here we are now! Everyone, gather round." The elder chimed, inviting all the guests to circle a very small bud delicately protruding from the earth. She leaned down and inhaled softly, smiling as she lifted her head and her eyes rested upon the lovely souls surrounding. "In this world everything has a purpose, has a worth. Sometimes it is very hard to see, or is easily overlooked, but the world is full of the unexpected and wondrous. For instance, this plant. So small and fragile, it's value not quite apparent in this moment. But, once it reaches maturity, this tiny sprout will become so very important. It cures 'Winter Cough'. A dangerous ailment that sometimes claims very young and very old Kin in the severe winter months." She stated, gazing out over the group. "So, this brings me to my point." A soft chuckle followed, obviously finding her own joke quite amusing. "We all have something important inside of us just waiting to bloom. Now, in the spirit of healing, why don't we share our favorite homemade recipes. I have a lovely one for a spicy bark decongestant that is absolutely perfect for spring allergies. But I'll let you all go first." Another chuckle.

User Image

Task - Roleplay one of your own kin, or create a kin if you don't yet have one, reciting their very own herbal recipe. It may be one used to either treat an ailment, relieve pains/sprains/bruises, help your kin relax, etc. Be creative! Have fun! Four winners will be chosen and all winning recipes will be added to the Tribes recipe book. Hooray!

Not sure what herbs to use? Why not reference Matopes Medicinal Plant Guide. Or feel free to make up your own! c:

[align=center][size=18][color=#082DE8][u][b]SHHH.. This Recipe's a Secret[/b][/u][/color][/size][/align]

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Are you a Newbie?:[/b]
[b]Preference List:[/b] Swan, Mongoose, Songbird, Foxbun
[b]The Best Recipe in Matope:[/b]

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:33 pm
-Entries-

SHHH.. This Recipe's a Secret

Username: Shinigamisgirl
Are you a Newbie?: Not even a little bit!
Preference List: Swan
The Best Recipe in Matope:

Easy Balance loved two things, daring feats, nature, and looking good...Wait..three things. Either way, he had a love of things, and plants just so happened to be one of those things!

"I have the recipe for you." He smiled gently to the doe. Honestly Easy would have liked to hear what the doe's spiced recipe was. He didn't get spring allergies, but he did occasionally enjoy waters flavored with spices. "I've heard it to be called the recipe of Life by some, possibly passed down by those who passed it down to my mother and her vast brood that followed. Though I've personally made a few tweaks to it..and call it a recipe of Ease."

He nodded, outlining the recipe by ingredients and use. Marking the various names and shapes of the plant in plain writing. His hoof slowly dragging through the dirt as he spoke.

"The recipe of Life is often for those foals who cannot seem to take their first breaths...or even those who quickly become fevered and weak afterwards. It would require a binding vine and branch to hang them from. A travel to the boiling pools, and nearly a thickets worth of mint and sprig leaves. Somehow the combination of the mix helps the foal, but only so long as you can hang them above the pool...and not accidentally drop them into it..." Easy chuckled briefly. Clearing his throat after a moment.

"My recipe, involves a little less foal dangling..and a different kind of leaf mixture. It still needs warming, but sun laid rocks and an empty turtle shell can do the trick for holding it. It's sun brewed after all. The mint can be mixed with crushed feverfew and burdock seeds. The mix is then strained into another shell to purify it of the leafy bits, and then drunk by anyone in need of relief. Easy enough for young and old kin alike."

Username: Chibi_Kokoro143
Are you a Newbie?: Nope
Preference List: Swan, Foxbun, Songbird, Mongoose

Taste of the Sea stepped up, and placed down his herbs: Lavender, Poppy, and Vanilla Beans. "My recipe helps patients sleep and numb any pain."

He nudges towards the lavender. "Lavender, when eaten, helps the taker sleep." He then moves the lavender to a stone bowl and then holds up the poppy. "This, helps numb pain when taken." The poppy follows the lavender and then holds the vanilla beans next. "The smell of vanilla, helps relax and helps them to sleep."

The vanilla follows the other ingredients and, with washed hooves he mixes the herbs. "Also the taste and smell with vanilla and lavender helps disguise any bitterness and is pleasing to taste."

He holds up his recipe. "With this, we may calm any who are hurt and frantic. Numbing the pain and relaxing them to sleep, will help use treat their wounds better."

He smiled a bit, hoping his recipe was adequate enough.

Username: Owlsomniac
Preference List: Mongoose, Foxbun
"Well, I've been known to dabble," the somewhat eccentric-seeming doe begins, with a smile that hints at a flash of teeth. Her intense eyes pierce those around her, and she shifts with a restless sort of energy, pacing a few steps from time to time before pausing.

"The best thing I've ever had was a curious mix of my own design, after some experimentation. It's important to get the ratio just right -- or you may not have a chance to try it, or anything else, ever again," she chuckles, amused at the wary glances this comment earns her. "It's, hmm.. what you might call a sleep aid for the more experimental."

"The main ingredient is Belladonna. Not a plant you typically want to screw around with. But in small quantities it's really not too bad. The next is Lavender -- to help you relax, and sleep, and ease you into the dreams you're about to have. Last is the seed of the Poppy flower. This one is the most difficult to find, and isn't strictly necessary, but it helps with the er... rebound effects." She nods to herself, then shifts into a walk, high-strung and full of pent-up energy, before humming to herself.

"Right... So, you'll want to mix it one parts Belladonna for every ten parts lavender, and three parts poppy seed. Crush it all together -- I like to use a large flat rock, but whatever you have is fine. Then you'll want to mix this into about, oh... a good few mouthfuls of water, at least. Try only a little at first and see how things go. You can always take more if you don't get quite as strong of an effect as you like. Just be careful -- that Belladonna really packs a wallop."

Username: Kaluna Skunk
Are you a Newbie?: no
Preference List: Mongoose, Foxbun, Songbird, Swan

Herbal Remedy knew quite a few recipes he wanted to share, but there was one that really stood out to him because of the wide range of applications. He stepped forward and bowed his head to the old Kimeti doe saying,"If I may, I have one which I think is quite useful. It is a topical salve that can help with almost any kind of pain: stomach aches, joint pain, rash, muscle aches, headaches, nausea, the list goes on." He grinned sheepishly and added, "I use it almost everyday, it's really amazing stuff." He was a little nervous speaking in front of a group but he suppressed his fears and and continued his explanation, "The base is coconut oil, which is made by heating coconut meat and then straining it to extract the oils.You will also need eucalyptus, peppermint, and cannabis oil extracts, which are made with similar methods. I like to use the empty coconut shells as the containers for the salve, so I pour the oil into a half shell and add 1 spoonful of eucalyptus oil, 1 spoonful of peppermint oil, and 5 spoonfuls of cannabis oil which is the main active ingredient in this recipe. Mix this well and then leave it in a cool dry place until it hardens. It should have the texture of butter when ready. And you can spread this on any part of your body that is in pain! This is really great for elders that have bad joint pain." Herb flicked his tail proudly and finished off by saying, "And it has the added bonus of making you feel quite happy and relaxed too!"

Username: Shinigamisgirl
Are you a Newbie?: NEVER!
Preference List: Mongoose, Songbird

Thoughtless stepped up quietly, shyly, presenting her ingredients in a bowl. "Hi..I.um..Hmm.." Nudging the bowl closer. "An easment for swollen tongue...and other things. Ice picked fresh from licks icicles cave..though fresh snow from the mountain borders can also be used. Crushed pink mellon, a hint of sour juice, and a dallop of sweet honey. I've seen them formed into balls and licked. They can also soothe throats..and it's rumored, that the ice alone can help the heat of infection fade. I prefer things with flavor though, that one can eat." Thoughtless sighed, and smiled, quietly stepping back to join the group.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:35 pm
User Image

Once upon a time..
The fire roars and crackles within The Great Circle as all attention is drawn raptly to the Storyteller. Hooves prance around the fireside as a musical voice sounds strong and loud, recanting tales of great deeds, heroic battles, unrequited love, and daring-do's enacted by everyday kin such and you and I. Something about his voice is soothing to the senses and his craft is so well delivered that a feeling of ease and contentment settles upon the guests. As the music drifts across the grounds, and the fire sparks in its bed, the speaker turns to his audience and smiles brightly. "Now, who here has a story to tell? Come now, don't be shy." The acha trots before the guests excitedly, causing a few kin to giggle or chuckle in good humor. "It can be anything!" The twinkle in his eye was evident and his mirth shone through brilliantly. "You there, you look like a clever Kin. Would you care to entertain us with a legend or song? Why not one about The White Crane Tree? Or perhaps a nice salad you ate just before you arrived? Your audience awaits!"

User Image

Task - Write a short story, song, or legend about anything in Matope. You may enter as one of your own Kin or make up one if you don't have any. If you are lacking inspiration feel free to use the White Crane Tree/The Tribe. It may be told in any format (Lyrics, Poetry, Haiku, Pictures, Epic rap battle, you decide!) The best three entries will win one of the three Acha's above. If your entry is about the tribe in any way it will be added to the Tribes official lore!

[align=center][size=18][color=#35909E][u][b]I Have A Tale![/b][/u][/color][/size][/align]

[b]Preference List:[/b] 1 (Left-most Acha), 2 (Middle Acha), 3 (Right-most Acha)
[b]Your Song or Story:[/b]

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:36 pm
-Entries-

I Have A Tale!

Username: Magician Arcana
Are you a Newbie?: Nope!
Preference List: 1, 3, 2
Your Song or Story: The White Doe
On crisp winter nights
When snow has rested a blanket of silence across the swamp
There strides along the chilled slumber
a doe, pure white.

No tracks detail the records of her way
Striding across crystal peaks of downy powder
Only silence follows her, the daughter of cold
Her eyes the color of captured moonlight, they see not where she goes
a doe, pure white.

In an open glen she comes to rest
To the stars, her cousins, she sings
It sounds of snapping limbs in the frozen night
and the crackle of a river run frozen
a doe, pure white.

The call of night summons many creatures
Kimeti and animals alike
Swaying as if in a dream
They follow her slowly into the cold
a doe, pure white.

If you follow the wandering path of the white doe
You will eventually be lost.
But if you persevere, you will find reward
A haven of unimaginable comfort
a tree, pure white.

I Have A Tale!

Username: Shiningamisgirl
Are you a Newbie?: Not even a little bit.
Preference List: 3, 1, 2
Your Song or Story:

"Anything you say? Well then..I have a story for you." Dappled Despair smiled softly. "It is told true, that the White Crane Tree is the largest in all of the swamp. Elegant, legendary, surrounded by three beautiful flowing springs. The legend of how the tree came to be twists, when it comes to the planting of it..A wild crane carrying seed from a far away land..A blessing of the motherfather of healing upon the earth? The truth is.."

Long ago, before a single hoof had touched any land, and only the great creatures roamed all that could be seen. The creatures were truly great back then. Far larger in stature than they are today. Water snakes as long as tree trunks. Carnivorous foxbuns that preyed on the overlarge eggs of nesting fanged song birds. Swans were ugly and twice as mean! It was a different sort of world.

An evil storm, set upon the lands by one that wished to oppose the motherfathers wishes for life, rolled in from beyond the borders of known existence. The storm so great and dark, it nearly destroyed all. The trees were swept away, the waters poisoned and clogged with thick mud, the large creatures dying off in droves

There was one great creature yet, that had survived it all, a great and terrible crane. It's entire being bleached white as bone, its eyes as black as the darkest night, not a spec of light ever shone in them. The last terrible crane, with all its strength, had managed to fly above the storm until it's end.

When it landed..there was nothing...Motherfather was outraged, and saddened. Motherfather saw the last being, and gave it a single task. To go out far beyond the edge of all things known, and from that dark terrible place, fetch the last great seed.

The seed that was woven in darkness, to gather strength for the light, so that should motherfather ever have need of it; it would be there.

The Crane did as it was bid. The journey was arduous. It was many moons before the Crane returned. Half dead, dark eyes white with blindness, feathers blackened by the oily clinging darkness of the place he'd been sent.

The Motherfather had wept the entire time, awaiting the cranes return. Her copious tears had filled the swamp, and washed the rivers clean and flowing again with her power. Her song of breath and longing, had cleansed the air, and blown away the debris from the storm.

Motherfather had one last task to appoint the Crane. The Crane was to plant the seed, and die with it. The nourishment from Cranes sacrifice, would fuel the seeds power, and restore what had been lost.

And so it was. The crane died, his flesh fed the seed, and his bones became the sturdy shelter, for which the sapling grew in. The tree taking on his name, in honor of his sacrifice.

From the White Crane Tree came life..albeit smaller life...Motherfather used the remains from all the great beasts, and brought them back into the world, in tinier forms. So that should a great storm ever come again, they could survive, and hide behind the strength and protection that the White Crane Tree offered.

I Have A Tale!

Username: Kaluna Skunk
Are you a Newbie?: no
Preference List: 3, 1, 2
Your Song or Story:

Sometimes I get quite confused
Maybe because of those mushrooms
Seeing spots and rainbow trails
Could've sworn I was hallucinating when I first saw your tail

Yet you're still there as I fall back to reality
And you don't disappear as I regain my sanity
A tender hoof reaches out, are you real, are you there?
I can feel your fur and your unrelenting stare

Is it judgement you're casting?
Or questions you're asking?
Now you're pawing at my side
Reaching into the bag where the mushrooms hide

Before I can stop you, you've eaten the rest
It's a good thing you followed me back to my nest
I guess we have more in common than our monochrome coats
We both like it better when our minds are afloat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:39 pm
User Image

The Wilds Call Us Always

For some the hunt calls, for others it's the art of gathering.

To stalk and track your prey with patience and cunning. To calculate its every move. The overpowering thrill of the chase and the swiftness of the kill. A wildness like fire coursing through their veins. This is the call of the Hunter. Pursuit, swiftness, strength, and pride. The hunt is like breathing to those who seek this call.
(Hunters are responsible for any and all meat that comes into the tribes food stores. While the tribe does not tolerate cruelty they understand the natural cycle of life and hold the utmost respect for all creatures, even in death. Hunters require excellent tracking skills, great stamina, and strength of not only body but mind.)

To know the fruits of the earth like no other. Every plant, every rock, every tree has a story, has a worth. Gatherers pride themselves on being able to find with ease what others cannot. Matope whispers its secrets to Gatherers and, even in the harshest of seasons, they know that the world still has fruit to yield should one know where to look. And Gatherers certainly do.
(Gatherers are responsible for collecting all edible plants and fungus, rare herbs and minerals, as well as anything that cannot be found close the the tribes grounds. It requires an excellent knowledge of Matopes wilderness to avoid injury or losing ones way and of edible plant life to prevent the tribe from accidentally ingesting poisonous fauna.)

User Image

Task - The two kin above are twins who will head the Hunting and Gathering sections of the Tribe. The problem is deciding which kin heads what section. That's where you come in. You may enter for both Kin but may only win one (Just fill out and post two separate forms). You must create a personality for the twin of your choice. Are they a hunter or a gatherer? What is their personality like? How would they lead their team? How do they feel about their sibling? Bring them to life and you shall be greatly rewarded.

[align=center][size=18][color=#64300B][u][b]One Heart|Two Passions[/b][/u][/color][/size][/align]

[b]Kin Name:[/b]
[b]Position:[/b] Head of the Hunt or Head of the Gathering?
[b]Which Twin:[/b] Male/Female
[b]How do they feel about their Sibling?:[/b]
[b]How do they lead their Team?:[/b]
[b]Tell us about their personality:[/b]

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:41 pm
-Entries-

Quote:
One Heart|Two Passions

Username: -- Piggybuns --
Are you a Newbie?: Noop!
Kin Name: Thrill of the Hunt
Position: Head of the Hunt
Which Twin: Female
How do they feel about their Sibling?: Loving, but teasing; feels he is the closest thing to her on the planet, as they shared an egg together. Would not hesitate to initiate a beatdown on anyone who bullies him, and will occasionally follow him on his gathering endeavors just for fun and bonding time.
How do they lead their Team?: Hunting is nearly a sport to her, but she also recognizes the greatness of the swamp and what the Motherfather represents. She starts by teaching the respect of the natural world, both plants and animals, and emphasizes the need for some sympathy. But she also recognizes that hunting is needed for survival, and teaches the need to be crafty, swift, and fast. Not just on legs, but in execution.
Tell us about their personality: While hunting, Thrill is ruthless; fast and dangerous, but also quick and light on her feet being a doe. It makes for a deadly combination, and she knows that. But down underneath, she has a swelling sympathy, and usually says a small prayer over the creatures she kills for food, and even feels a little regret. The thrill of the hunt to her is just that; the thrill of hunting, just... not the actual killing part. With her brother, she's chipper, teasing, and likes to pull pranks, but it's always in good fun. She believes they are a team as well as family and will occasionally follow him on his gathering trips to bond and joke, since gathering doesn't require running prey.

Quote:
One Heart|Two Passions

Kin Name: Tincture
Position: Head of the Gathering
Which Twin: Male
How do they feel about their Sibling?: Feels occasionally his sister is a little brash, but respects her for what she does and what it means to the tribe. Of course won't hesitate to defend her from danger, but doesn't always take her side in arguments, especially because he's more of a thinker and less to action. He always looks at all sides first, or at least tries to.
How do they lead their Team?: Above all, his respect for nature and lovingness towards animals is really the core of his teachings. Gathering is still the death of a plant, and he points this out while training, but is also well aware that it's nothing on par to animals at the same time; but to consider this as he gathers what he needs to feed the tribe and create herbal remedies; a sort of hobby of his on the side. Believes that since plants are consumed more than animals that larger groups of Gatherers must travel out together at the same time, in order to be efficient, and often heads these trips himself, as well as working alongside.
Tell us about their personality: Tincture loves the smell of nature and the wind in his face, but not the taste of blood. Therefore, he enjoys being a Gatherer, and his trips are often not work to him; but a walk in the woods while picking flowers. He dabbles in a little bit of healing remedies, though he's nowhere near professional at it yet, and will occasionally collect his own herbs and spices to practice alone at home to see if he creates anything valuable for the rest of the tribe.

Quote:
One Heart|Two Passions

Username: SilverShieldwolf
Are you a Newbie?: Nah
Kin Name: Bonded Lives
Position: Head of the Hunt
Which Twin: Female
How do they feel about their Sibling?: Watchful, with enough distance to not be hanging over him. She would do whatever she could to keep him safe
How do they lead their Team?: She leads by example. Not one to ask them to do something she hasn't or unwilling to do herself. She insures the team even helps the gathers when needed. They should understand that it takes both to make keep a healthy balance.
Tell us about their personality: Bonded looks as life as being balanced. The tribe is family and she protects family, though her brother is blood and comes first for her. She prefers to go for the injured when hunting over the healthy.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:44 pm
User Image

Guide us in the Darkness
There has always been a lead sight. Since the time of our early ancestors there has always been one who tirelessly patrols our borders, protects our way of life, and keeps us all safe. Who chooses and trains only a few to join him in this noble calling, and who's heart is steadfast and true. It is a tradition passed down only to the worthy. To those who face the darkness and prove themselves. Now it is your turn. Your mother has seen you into the forest, to a place few dare to tread, and she has left you to face yourself. To face your own inner darkness and either overcome it or be utterly consumed by it. As you are left on your own you suddenly lose your sight.

You are blind in the darkness. It envelopes you, cloaks you, and whispers into your ear softly. "Why are you worthy to see?" The cryptic question fills you with dread and confusion as you stumble blindly onward into the night. The night wind is surprisingly warm against your pelt though the icy grip of fear causes you to shiver despite yourself. You are so young, so green to the world, and this invisible entity is overpowering as it fills your senses and toys with your vulnerabilities. "What makes you strong enough to protect us all? To guide our warriors?" It hisses, covering your gaze with an impregnable veil of nothingness. Can you shake your fear? Can you convince it as to why you deserve to become the head of The Midnight Eyes? So few are chosen to take up the mantle of Lead Sight but, should you prove yourself, the honor of Sight may soon be yours.

User Image

Your Task - Write a response as the Kin in question. How do you feel? How do you react? What sort of leader will you be? Are you truly ready to lead The Midnight Eyes and bear the responsibility of protecting the entire Tribe? Show us what you've got.

[align=center][size=18][color=#451E02][u][b]I Am Ready to Lead[/b][/u][/color][/size][/align]

[b]Kin Name:[/b]
[b]Entry:[/b]

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:46 pm
-Entries-

Quote:
I Am Ready to Lead

Kin Name: All You Are
Entry: His voice shakes, and he can feel his knees weaken, though they stay firm to the ground. That was it. He could feel the ground below his feet, yet not see ahead of him. He flicked his ears forward, and closed his eyes to the blackness to his own personal core, and simply listened. Then he began to speak. "Strength isn't just the muscle of your body, or the intimidation of your voice," he says quietly. "It's your sense of self; your ability to be you in the face of danger, and not lose yourself in the crisis. It's your ability to let go of your own life to allow another to hold onto theirs without a second thought. Not because you know it's right or your duty, but because you want to see them live to their fullest... even if you don't get to see. It's the ability to stand for your own beliefs, and yet take orders to do something you don't agree with if it will defend the rest of the tribe and save lives because your beliefs are not worth others dying over who are not trying to control you." He continues to walk through the darkness, only ever going forward, and listening as he walked to avoid sticks and rocks in his path. "It's the ability to let go of failures and continue onward, only forward, through your life to better yourself, and those around you. I will do that. I'll do all of that, because I do not need to work to change to fit the roll, as that is all I am."

Quote:
I Am Ready to Lead

Username: Chibi_Kokoro143
Kin Name: Forest Guardian
Entry: The coolest of the forest, shiver down his spine. Breathing heavy, he tried to shake off the darkness thinking it was just him. But no, he was there, in the darkness and in unknown territory alone.

He felt a whisper of a voice against his ear, touching it ever so slightly yet it made him jump, his senses are extra sensitive since he no longer has any sight.

Why are you worthy to see? What makes you strong enough to protect us all? To guide our warriors?

He didn't know! This was his first time, venturing out into the forest and he didn't know why he was chosen, why his mother chose him! And even now, he wasn't told that this would happen, to be robbed of his sight and to face his fears alone!

He took a step back, ready to return to the safety inside when a snap of a twig under his hoof and a bird traveling away in the distance. He stopped, ears twitching forward to the fluttering of wings disappearing into the distance. This seemed to ground him a bit as he stepped forward, going deeper into the forest. He stopped at the place where he heard the first flutter of wings and heard the wings again, as it fluttered back and landed to what it seems above him.

His senses....it painted a picture for him. He felt the ground below, leaves and twigs covering the floor and thus painted a picture of trees around him. The chill of the air, gave the image that the trees are bare. With a further feeling, he sense no danger, that nothing was close enough to harm him.

His eyes... though important, were also deceivers as well. The forest is still here, and his other senses told him that. The whisper of words traveled back to him, asking. He was a strong warrior but so were the others, and yet he was picked to come here. He felt...that strength wasn't the only way to protect his tribe. He could physically support them but he wold also have to bring the tribe together in order to survive. He can lead but he needs the support of his kin to truly protect this place. He would have to be open minded and open to change, for that is what this experience has taught him. That no matter what happens, he must be strong, calm, and accept it in order to move forward and continue to protect his tribe.

He doesn't know what kind of leader he would be, but he hopes to be a strong and wise one,...and that he is ready to accept this responsibility from this day forward.

Quote:
I Am Ready to Lead

Username: Owlsomniac
Are you a Newbie?: No
Kin Name: Born Again
Entry:
The colt stands in the dark and listens as his mother’s footsteps seem to fade and melt into the darkness, until he is utterly alone in the black. The silence feels thick and heavy, at first, as if it might be trying to suffocate him and he shivers, hunched down by instinct to make himself small. He is not big and strong, yet, like his mother or the other adults in the tribe, after all, but he had agreed to this trial, even if he hadn’t entirely been prepared for what it would mean.

He is alone. Alone with himself. The only things he can hear are his own breaths and the slight crunch of leaves beneath his feet when he shifts, and the slight sound that leaves make when water splashes over their leaves. It’s begun to rain. Not heavily, but steadily. A light drizzle that further dampens any sound he might have otherwise been able to hear. Even the cicadas are quiet.

Finally, he begins to move forward, and the questions he’d been asked earlier seem to spring to his mind, and he hears them as if they are truly there.

He is not sure if he is worthy, or strong enough, or capable of leading those who consider themselves to be warriors. He is only a colt, still, just beginning to fill out into the buck he will one day be. But, he knows he must try, and must be brave, and look beyond himself to the future and to what’s important. That’s what it means to be one of the members of the White Crane Tribe.

They look out for one another, and for those who need their help.

As he thinks about this, Born Again’s steps become more confident, and he lets out a breath he hadn’t even realized he’d been holding.

That’s right, he thinks. We must be strong for those who cannot be strong, and lead them onto the correct path. In helping others, we become stronger for it.

Surely, that had to mean something? He keeps walking. The trees whip his face in the darkness, despite how he tries to avoid them. He stumbles, and falls, and bruises his shins - -but he keeps going. He keeps going be cause this is not the end, only a journey like the journeys of so many who come to them -- lost, blind, shrouded in darkness, heart-heavy and weary and bruised. Like them, he will find a way out.

Eventually, the sun begins to rise and as it does, so does his determination and his spirits. This is what it means to walk in darkness without knowing the way.

Finally, he makes his way back to the tribe, and looks into the faces of those who had sent him on his way -- and looks into his mother’s eyes, and the eyes of those who had asked him the questions -- and he answers:

“I will help them. I will lead those who are strong enough and brave enough to put others before themselves… What we have here is worth protecting, and it’s worth fighting for. I struggled to find myself in the darkness, to search myself for the right answers, but perhaps there is no single right answer. We must all do what we can to be good to one another and to those who seek our help. We are stronger together. That’s all I can say.”

With that, Born Again bows his head slightly, and then turns to walk back to his little den to nurse the cuts and scrapes and bruises he’s sustained -- and to sleep. Whether or not he is worthy will be decided, he thinks. If he’s not, well… that’s okay, too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:50 pm
User Image

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 3:52 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:11 pm
User Image

Kinu

Tipsy Prophet