Submit

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:22 pm
For my NREMT exam. Took me long enough, but I kept needing the money for other essentials. I scheduled it for the 23rd. If I pass I'll finally be a licensed EMT and get a job on an ambulance or a FD and stuff!!! Hope I pass. I heard that exam is ridiculously hard.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:24 pm
That's awesome! biggrin Good luck!

I could NOT be an EMT. Way too much stress. And blood. Blood makes me pass out. e_e  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:41 am
Hiddochi wolf

I could NOT be an EMT. Way too much stress. And blood. Blood makes me pass out. e_e

Yeah, passing out while treating a bleeding patient would be bad. Especially if it was a major bleed.

Personally, the stress and blood don't bother me much. What I'm not looking forward to is not knowing if it's safe to eat or use the restroom.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:16 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf

Yeah, passing out while treating a bleeding patient would be bad. Especially if it was a major bleed.

Personally, the stress and blood don't bother me much. What I'm not looking forward to is not knowing if it's safe to eat or use the restroom.

Haha, they'd need to always send a partner with me to shove me aside when I pass out over the patient. lol That's why I like working with machines better; all they excrete is oil, lubricant, and coolants. None of which are particularly gross (although oil is a b***h to wash off your hands, and some of those chemicals are highly toxic/cancerous). The only problems arise when I cut myself on the machine. xP

Oh, I'm guessing that's due to all the biohazards? Like when a patient has a transmittable disease?  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:18 pm
Hiddochi wolf
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf

Haha, they'd need to always send a partner with me to shove me aside when I pass out over the patient. lol That's why I like working with machines better; all they excrete is oil, lubricant, and coolants. None of which are particularly gross (although oil is a b***h to wash off your hands, and some of those chemicals are highly toxic/cancerous). The only problems arise when I cut myself on the machine. xP

Oh, I'm guessing that's due to all the biohazards? Like when a patient has a transmittable disease?

You would be the only three man ambulance company that didn't have a student.

Well, not safe as in we would die. It's more like...well, here. Let me give you a scenario that actually happened to a friend of mine.

You're anot emt on an ambulance crew and you have a student riding with you. You and the student decide to go and get Chinese food, the paramedic decides to make his own dinner. You pick up the food and head back to the house. You sit down to eat and the paramedic starts prepping his dinner. You and the student put your food in the microwave and the paramedic has to put all the stuff to make his meal away.

You handle the call and head back to the house. You pull your food out of the microwave and the paramedic gets back to prepping his meal. Two bites into your food and another call comes in. You're stuck putting your food into the microwave and the paramedic has to put his ingredients away...again.

You handle this call and head back to the house. It's now been two hours since you picked up your food and you're starving. You take the food out of the microwave, not even caring that it's cold, and the paramedic gets back to making his meal. You all finally get to eat. The moment you're done another call comes in. Well, at least you finally got to eat.

Or, my personal favorite scenario, you're off on the clapper taking care of business, when halfway through you get a call. You have to pinch it off, wipe really quick hoping you clean well, and head on the call.

So, when I say "safe to eat or use the restroom", I don't mean health wise. I mean will you get to finish or will you be stuck not eating/holding it in the whole day?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:29 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf

Well, not safe as in we would die. It's more like...well, here. Let me give you a scenario that actually happened to a friend of mine.

You're anot emt on an ambulance crew and you have a student riding with you. You and the student decide to go and get Chinese food, the paramedic decides to make his own dinner. You pick up the food and head back to the house. You sit down to eat and the paramedic starts prepping his dinner. You and the student put your food in the microwave and the paramedic has to put all the stuff to make his meal away.

You handle the call and head back to the house. You pull your food out of the microwave and the paramedic gets back to prepping his meal. Two bites into your food and another call comes in. You're stuck putting your food into the microwave and the paramedic has to put his ingredients away...again.

You handle this call and head back to the house. It's now been two hours since you picked up your food and you're starving. You take the food out of the microwave, not even caring that it's cold, and the paramedic gets back to making his meal. You all finally get to eat. The moment you're done another call comes in. Well, at least you finally got to eat.

Or, my personal favorite scenario, you're off on the clapper taking care of business, when halfway through you get a call. You have to pinch it off, wipe really quick hoping you clean well, and head on the call.

So, when I say "safe to eat or use the restroom", I don't mean health wise. I mean will you get to finish or will you be stuck not eating/holding it in the whole day?

Ahhh, that makes a lot more sense. Yeah, that'd be really rough to try to time your life around. Yet another reason I'd make the world's shittiest EMT; a hungry Hiddo is a dangerous Hiddo (as proven by my attempted thread earlier, pffft. xd )  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:52 pm
Hiddochi wolf
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf

Ahhh, that makes a lot more sense. Yeah, that'd be really rough to try to time your life around. Yet another reason I'd make the world's shittiest EMT; a hungry Hiddo is a dangerous Hiddo (as proven by my attempted thread earlier, pffft. xd )

May you always be well fed for the sake of all of those around you.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:56 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf

And well-slept. Sleep deprivation makes me even more dangerous than hunger, but it takes longer. I hit slap happy before I go to the danger zone, so I'm fun for a little while and then...BAM!  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:05 pm
Hiddochi wolf
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf

And well-slept. Sleep deprivation makes me even more dangerous than hunger, but it takes longer. I hit slap happy before I go to the danger zone, so I'm fun for a little while and then...BAM!

Hopefully your husband is smart and prevents you from becoming sleep deprived or starved. Like they say, happy wife, happy life.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:10 pm
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf

Hopefully your husband is smart and prevents you from becoming sleep deprived or starved. Like they say, happy wife, happy life.

If I ever even get a husband, that is. razz Still not 100% sold on the whole idea of marriage one day. But yeah, worst case scenario I'll just build a cooking robot. It can feed me and yell at me to go to bed. Possibly at the same time.

*Robot hands me a plate of food.* GO TO BED. GO TO BED. GO TO BED.

B-But I just got it! gonk

GO TO BED.

*Cries softly into spaghetti while pretending to sleep with the robot looming overhead.*  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 7:21 pm
Hiddochi wolf
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf
wolf_with_a_dragon
Hiddochi wolf

If I ever even get a husband, that is. razz Still not 100% sold on the whole idea of marriage one day. But yeah, worst case scenario I'll just build a cooking robot. It can feed me and yell at me to go to bed. Possibly at the same time.

*Robot hands me a plate of food.* GO TO BED. GO TO BED. GO TO BED.

B-But I just got it! gonk

GO TO BED.

*Cries softly into spaghetti while pretending to sleep with the robot looming overhead.*

I had a response to this, but I'm too busy laughing at that mental image to remember what it was. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:51 pm
Good luck! A friend of mine was an EMT. She's taking time off because she had a baby and doesn't want to be away from him for the hours she would need to be. But she said she's going back.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:01 pm
Mama Ame
Good luck! A friend of mine was an EMT. She's taking time off because she had a baby and doesn't want to be away from him for the hours she would need to be. But she said she's going back.

Well, glad to hear she's willing to take time off with her baby boy. Being a new parent and an EMT would be really hard to pull off.  
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games