Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:42 am
User Image

Thalatte was gathering some soft things for her new bed area in hers and Paris's sleeping spot. She had wandered a good ways from her lands with the herd but she didn't mind, she was sure she was safe and would be ok. Who would attack a pregnant hippogriff? That was a bad thing to do unless you wished to die.

Thal walked slowly so as not to lose her saddle from her back if she moved suddenly. It was held on still by her front strap but she didn't like it moving about too freely and lose like it had to be now with her large belly. The little ones inside her were close to coming and she was huge and fat. But she was proud of it and loved it! She had longed for babies with her love, her Paris, and finally after years and years she had her first babies with him. They were healthy and going to be with her soon.

She sniffed about a nice mossy tree for some good soft moss to gather in her basket at her feet. She collected some and then looked around before picking up her basket again and looking about for another tree to collect from.

She didn't know that soon she would be meeting something from her worst nightmares while out on this innocent journey.

ABVirus
Tada!! I'll be about when i can today quote me back with a tag biggrin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:09 pm
A soft voice to Thalla's far left spoke kindly-
Here- let me help you with that basket. Building a nest then? The stranger smelled strongly of sweet herbs and citrus at first impression.
Continuing to speak- Wait a moment before you turn and hear me out. I was- the stranger pausing thoughtfully …am ...am an herbalist I’ve left something for your nest - a gift. In the next clearing, enough moss that after hearing me out- you can go home and rest. Can’t have an expecting mother wandering so long.”

Followed by a rustling of foliage and the voice came from her right now.
I do mean you no trouble. I have an offer for you in addition to my gift. Would you like to hear it?

A tree to her right shook followed by a dark creature darting past in her peripheral vision moving in the heavy underbrush, as the sweet scent faded.

The soft kind voice speaking once again from a greater distance-
You must understand why I remain hidden. You have sharp claws and are doubtless, protective as you are with child. I do not wish to incur wraith.

Obelus was partially truthful- she didn't want anything to do with the sharp claws guided by a mothers protective instincts. The gift- was also not a lie. There was in fact a great deal of moss gathered. Though the reasoning for that was less altruistic and more purposeful- Obelus had gathered the moss in such a purposeful manner. Stripping the trees for miles of the nest to force the mother farther from her nest and safe territory. leaving just enough to lead the mother
tree...
by tree...
by tree....
To the clearing Obelus had picked and prepared for this purpose. the deep forest having miles of thick underbrush to clear trails to move out of sight, large dense brushes to hide in- paired with the clearing's soft wet earth over a large system of caves made the location ideal.

What she needed of the hippogriff's was compliance. She would listen to no words once she saw Obelus and deemed the mysterious stranger a 'monster' which would mean resorting to her back up plan- which she preferred not to have to do. It risked harm to the unborn foals. She needed both mother and child in good health for her plans.

Tiger_Kisa699

ABVirus

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:38 pm
Thal jumped and dropped the basket and looked to the sound of the voice. Her glowing eyes still saw nothing but shadows and trees in the darkness of the forest. She didn't like this. Her bright eyes flicked with the sound to the other side...still nothing. What was going on? Who was this shadow with the sweet words and wonderful smell? She was on edge and her claws scraped at the dirt as the voice kept talking.

"I do have claws and i do not have reason to trust you no matter your intentions. I am too smart of mind to follow blindly to sweet words and voices. Tell me why you wish to help me..." She said as her ears swiveled and she heard the voice going further away. She cursed and looked behind her and then into the trees. There was a rather well lit path that offered good enough visibility in the direction the voice went. She would go slowly.

"You should know i wont hesitate to kill you if you surprise me and put my babies at risk." she said as she curled a lip and lifted a foot to claw at a near by tree, leaving deep gouges in the wood. "I will not let my babies be harmed by the likes of a sweet shadow figure who hides but offers 'help' to someone they do not know and owe nothing to." she said walking down the path slowly. She didn't want to trust this voice but on one hand she should know who was in the area who might mean her harm and on the other hand she did need the moss.

"Don't make me kill someone just cause you tried to scare a pregnant Hippogriff. I would feel bad no matter what you are. Life is meant to be lived not lost over silly things." She said softly.

ABVirus

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:22 pm
laughter drifted down the path. you are all needed in good health, so you have no need for concern, though I don't blame you. As for why i wish to help, I lost foal when I was younger. It was... difficult for me and my... mate. the last word said with a failed attempt at to hide disgust.

Obelus' acting was wearing thin. The old memories waking the weaker parts of her mind. She shut herself off - all she needed was to be sweet long enough to get the hippogriff to take the baskets of moss. She needed a pet to disarm situations like this.

"I won't suprise you, and we agree- it's a a loss to kill anything interesting or powerful without purpose... "

the voice seemed like it wanted to say more but the sentence was choked off.
Obelus cursing inwards, knowing she was slipping up on the tone and could lose the edge of the bargaining phase. Shifting to flattery before Thal left.

I like that you are both. Even when you can barely walk- you are strong enough to fight, sane enough to feel remorse and smart enough to pick when to fight. Is it not unreasonable to wish to be owed a favor by a being of such qualities?

Tiger_Kisa699

ABVirus

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:18 pm

She growled softly, something that was hard to do but she had been around enough angry animals who thought she would kill her that she had learned the noise her self. It was odd coming from her but she was not sure she liked anything this female was saying. She froze in the path way and looked all around. "None of this makes me feel better about any of this. I don't know what you want from me but every second that i don't know your motive. I do not want to pass up on this moss but i will not do anything for monsters who don't tell me anything." she said with a glowering look around the forest.

She did not like he idea of doing something someone else wanted with out knowing why they wanted her to be doing it. What was this? Her pregnancy brain was going to get her killed if she didn't stop thinking about the moss and just went back. She could still go back. She looked behind her and frowned. What was going to happen if she kept going...

"Explain your words and needs more or im going. I do not want to be owed a favor if it means im doing something you want that will be in your benefit if i don't know what im helping." she said dragging her claws through the dirt with a angry rumble as she left inch long grooves in the dirt. "Talk to me more or i'm going home." she said with a scowl as she looked around the trees again.

ABVirus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:35 pm
Obelus was pleased - the plan was working and she was still being spoken with.
My motives- are divided. the ones that concern you- I need a master at herbs who specializes in working on the unborn and foals, who would be willing to teach me. With you being pregnant- they would answer you quickly, without suspicion,
a thoughtful pause followed up by "...and it's a something you'd have already likely looked into, I expect. Though i can't promise the life or health of the herbalist long term.

...I'm going to leave the brush now. Let's keep things friendly."

Obelus spoke candidly. By now she was sure the hippogriff had guessed her nature- or at least the gist of it. The brush to Thal's far left shaking 3 times in a calculated timed fashion. A dark colored bear walker with green fire in her eyes and a glowing necklace emerging from the brush. Shaking herself off of leaves and sticks before Sitting down in a non-threatening manner.

""There- no more secrets. I'm glad you've humored conversation. my last effort- judged me on appearances. My kind may be near mindless killers on a whole- but I'm less aggressive than most of us... and can be reasonable if there's benefit... and need calls for it.
pausing before speaking further-
As there is now. I have need and no benefit to harming you.
...My other need is actually beneficial to both of us.
Do you have any enemies?
Grudges?
An ex lover of Paris perhaps? I can get that dealt with while keeping your claws clean.
I get a pet, you lose an threat. Then you never see me again. We both win.

Obelus was lying less than she usually did, and being MUCH nicer. She would... almost for sure, leave the hippogriff alone unless a direct benefit came about of it, though at this time no reasons or why she would came to her. If the expecting mother was willing to work with her both or either of these tasks. She would leave her be. The walker had better targets to hunt, that were less threatening.

Tiger_Kisa699
OOC knowledge: the herbs are wearing off- if she sniffs deeply looking for new scents she'd pick up on Obel's true scent-before she shows herself, akin to BO hiding behind perfume.
the moss is untainted, though it has a light scent and a few black hairs in it as Obel slept a night on it in bear form while waiting for thal to reach the clearing.

ABVirus

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:04 pm

Thal watched the bushes and kicked her back foot at the dirt and clawed the ground with one front claw then the other. "Skinwalker! A bear no less!" she said as the last traces of cloaking sweet scent drifted away and the strong scent of cursed bear filled her nose. Snorting and growing mad she rumbled a bit. "Why would i ever want to give you something to help you out? Why would i want to have you for anything for me? Do I look weak Skinwalker! Do I look like i could not handle some past fling or love of my Paris!? He has not loved anyone like he loves me and i have no jealousy over them before. Cause i have his babies now and i have his heart. There will never be another like my Paris and i do not care for anyone who was before me, even enough to have them hurt or killed. I have grown more proud of what i am that no ones bad words or thoughts of me when i was little bother me any more. They are not powerful like me. They are not mated so perfectly to the most amazing male in this herd! I would never wish a Skinwalker on anyone! They killed my adopted fathers parents. I will not be ok with you killing anyone else I know." She said with a snort as she glared at her.

"If i can help with out being owed anything then tell me what you need of me and go. I do not want to know more. I do not need anything back except for you to leave me in peace and never darken my path with your cursed presence ever again." she said as she stood forward, tall and proud as she wouldn't back down or seem weak. Even with a Skinwalker infront of her and with little ones, her first ones, in her belly. She would not be weak or scared. She would keep her from harming her and would see what she needed of her, if helping her get to or talk to this herbalist would get her to leave she would do it and wished nothing in return.

ABVirus
Awesome! Im not sure i understood what she really needs Thal to do for her, if you tried to say it and i just didn't understand im sorry lol, which is why shes asking to know what she needs her to do lol sorry if i got confused by anything biggrin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:53 pm
The skin walker listened patiently though her expression was a mixture of disgust and annoyance.
"Oh, how noble of you! No true hated for your enemies? Really? fine! Fine! You’ve made your point. Apologies about your elders- I’m sure they are proud of you now. Tch- You see why I need a pet!?”
Everything following the short expression of frustration was spoken upwards, not directed at thal. The walkers voice slipping into honey sweet again- though sarcastic and fake in tone. The walker no longer needing to hide it’s nature
“Such pure, sure love. We agree, he is of good stock. I’ll let the subject, drop… you … sure you don’t want anyone killed? Really?
Timing the word ‘drop’ with a slow clip of her hoof. There was genuine befuddlement and confusion in the bear walker’s question. A lingering pause of the monster trying to wrap her head around the idea. Speaking again, starting with a string of genuine compliments.
“Look at you! Sure! Strong! I like you! Let’s focus on what you can do then… an herbalist that I don’t need to break… too much… to work with. Have them take the western mountain path from, and NOT to the mountain springs. The direction is important, so do mind that detail."

Everything was falling together- the strong emotional response was just what Obel had been looking to evoke. In truth- she had expected the noble response and the romantic bullshit to spout from the hippogriff, dropping the subject as its purpose had been solely to make the idea of finding her an herbalist more appealing in comparison. The information about her elders was surprisingly good and she filed it away for later use.

Tiger_Kisa699
The lack of clarity was all part of the plan, keeping her talking and unfocused.

ABVirus

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:14 pm

Thallatte looked over the Skinwalker female and frowned as she talked. She was so full of confusing words and ideas and poison. She wanted to just turn and walk away but the female was too dangerous to just blindly turn ones back on. She shook her head and tossed her hair back. "No i do not wish death on anyone that i can think of. If someone hurt me enough that i wanted them dead it should only be at my claws not the ones of a monster like you." she said softly as she looked over the female as she talked about the herbalist she needed.

"So you want me to tell this herbalist you want to just go up a mountain? Will you kill them? I do not wish you to kill who ever this is. Life should be happy and fulfilling not full of terror and pain. Will you be nice with them or do you only wish to eat them?" She asked as she looked around. She didn't think this crazed walker needed a pet, she needed to be locked up in a cave some place where her sweet words would stop poisoning everyone. She thought about it though and the pile of moss...her babies quaked inside her and she knew she would drop them soon, any day now and they would be laid in their baskets.

"Can this be done after i birth my babies? I do not know that i could travel well enough to safely have them and deliver this message." she said softly really thinking about it. "As long as you don't kill this herbalist i will pass on this message." She said softly.

ABVirus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:41 am
The skin walker smiled in a genuine and happy manner hearing good news
speaking in a relaxed and dismissive manner. "yes, yes we've already established that. very noble la la and sunshine. ugh- I don't have the... "
the smile dropping from her face as sentence tapered off.

"If I was looking for a meal- there are easier ways to do so. Take the time to set up all this... trouble ...for lunch. riiiiight. This is all part of much larger picture. I need their skills and knowledge. Nothing so short sighted as a meal. yes yes, If they don't betray me they will leave alive, unharmed as you are about to."
pausing, the smile returning as she spoke again.
"But... nice? you want me to be nice- that's a major favor!"
genuine laughter falling from her lips. "How ...nice... I am depends on how powerful they are...on their degree of cooperation. Pick an herbalist who won't force my claws and they won't feel them."

the skin walker's burning eyes never left thal's, the fire dancing energetically in them. Dark humor hanging in the air as the walker spoke plainly and seriously:
"Like any good plan, this calls for patience and the right players. I'm in no great hurry, as well as realistic that doing anything right, takes time. Yes, return to your nest, raise your little ones... I don't even care if you deliver the summons yourself, if you trust the messenger.
As this is the last we'll see of each other, Any questions?"

------
Obelus was in good spirits, everything had worked out so far. She didn't know if the hippogriff would deliver what the walker needed, but she was confidant the hippogriff would at least try. the bear walker had not wasted her time here. She did hold respect for the strength of the hippogriff. She really did hope this was the last they saw of each other. It'd be a shame to harm such a strong helpful thing.

Tiger_Kisa699
OOC: This RP feels mostly done- feel free to close it out with your post. If asked to leave Obelus will slip into the underbrush without conflict.

ABVirus

Tiger_Kisa699

Merry Unicorn

13,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:12 am
Thal watched her and thought it over. "I guess i can not ask for so much from a skinwalker. So by nice i only ask that you not permanently damage who ever i send to you. I do not know many right now but if i come across one i will send them to your mountain. You will get what you want and i will never see you again. That is more then enough for me to ask from a Skinwalker. You should be glad you did not run into my adopted father for he would not have stood to listen. For it was his parents who died at the claws and teeth of skinwalkers and he would take you down and not think twice of it." She said softly as she looked over the female. Her glowing blue eyes locking on the females emerald glowing gaze. "Do not come back to this land. This is too close to my herds lands and i would have my children by then. And i will not hesitate next time to give you a good fight. Remember that. I am not scared of you in this form or any other one you have. I will run you off next time." She said as she felt like this might be a bad idea, sending who ever to go see this...monster...but she felt that the female walker ment no real harm to who ever came to her and she wasn't taking anything from her, the moss was a gift. She could live with that.

As the shadow of the female bearwalker retreated into the forest again Thalatte gave her self just a few more moments to make sure she was all alone and let out a thankful sigh that her and her babies were ok. She swung her head to the side and nuzzled her belly. "Just a little longer little ones then mommy can better defend you." she said softly before going to where the moss was left for her. She piled the larger pieces of it onto her saddle and carefully grabbed much more of it with her mouth. She headed towards safety and home, she could nicely ask her love or one of the others there to collect the rest, she was growing too tired and sore. Too far along and she knew soon they would come. She needed rest to have the strength for bringing them into this world.

ABVirus
yup hope that was an ok end to this biggrin

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces