Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Warrior's Way (Master Aqua & Denji Haru Li)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:47 pm
This is an rp between Master Aqua (Bardess Ookami) and Denji Haru Li (Divena & DivenasMom)

User ImageUser Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:07 am
Divena
Denji Haru Li was not usually easily bored. However, after several days, nay months, of inactivity, he found boredom gnawing away at him. He didn't usually start fights. He was a lover, not a fighter. Not that he couldn't fight. He just didn't see a need to... ah, he must be getting bored if he was seriously considering picking a fight. With a heavy sigh, he shook his head and resisted the urge to bang his head against the nearest tree, just for a change of pace. Instead, he kept plugging forward, hoping for... something... to break up the monotony.

Bardess Ookami
Aqua was not having her best day ever. Unlike Denji, she was a fighter - trained and raised to protect and defend. That meant protecting and defending both herself and others. At the moment, however, the former was proving to be quite the challenge.

A young putti had been playing too close to an animal den, and had gotten himself attacked. Aqua stepped in, not knowing that there were far more animals than just the one, in the den, and also failing to know that they were rabid.

She managed to get the putti to be able to escape, and then she worked on trying to arrange the same for herself. It was no weakness, she knew, to be at a loss fighting alone against so many when one was used to fighting along side two others.

Terra. Ven. Where were they?

She missed them with every swing of her keyblade, because every pass brought the wayfinder on the end of it brushing against her flanks and front. It was wall well and good to know that they were all under the same sky when night fell and she was feeling lonely. It was something else entirely to be fighting on her own against a rather large pack of rabid wolverines.

She knew that as they were rabid, putting them down would be a mercy, a kindness, still she hated to do it. They were natural creatures, and it wasn't their fault that they were horribly ill. However... she knew that if one bit her... she would become a far greater danger to those around her. She had to kill them, for their sake, for hers, and for those living in this area. She would not be easily put down, and she didn't know that her Mastery could stand against rabies long enough for her to find a healer.

So she fought.

She was surprisingly agile, athletic, and even one might dare to say... nimble. She danced about, dodging carefully, lashing out with keyblade and hooves where she needed to. She was holding her own, for now... but she was tiring, and vastly outnumbered. If something didn't happen soon, she was a goner.

She wanted to call out for her friends, wanted to believe they'd come, but she didn't dare drop her weapon to call. Besides, she had called their names before to no avail, why should it be different now that she was in danger?

Still, she really could use some help.

She sent the wish out in her thoughts as she dodged and pranced. Someone... please.... help.

Divena
Denji heard the commotion, the sounds of animals fighting. At first, he was going to just go the other way. He didn’t want to get in the middle of some sort of territorial dispute. But a thought made him pause. What if it was an attack, not a dispute? It certainly couldn’t hurt to at least see what was going on. So he crept forward until he could see the battle…and the mare that was barely holding her own. It was impressive, really, that she was doing so well against so many… rabid… creatures. With a small grin to himself, he waded into the fight, kicking, stomping and hurling the vicious creatures. He would just clear a path….

Bardess Ookami
She grinned around the keyblade in her mouth. She knew not who this stranger was, but she was glad of the aid all the same. She hoped he would be careful, but dare not open her mouth for words of warning. And what good would such words do them anyway? She moved so they were closer, their flanks aside each other, heads on opposite ends - the horse version of fighting back to back, perhaps. If he were Terra or Ven, she would know what to expect from how he fought, could have melded her style into his like an intricate dance. Here and now, with this stranger, she would have to do her best not to get in his way, or to accidentally hurt him as they fought together. She was very grateful for the aid though, and it was worth the focus it would take to link her fight with his.

Divena
Denji made a note of how she moved to cover his flank, and he was grateful. He wasn’t much of a brawler, but his father was a warrior and he had been well trained. He fought with grace and ease, not really aiming to kill the creatures. Oh, sure, it would probably be better to wipe out the rabid pack to save anyone else from being pinned by them… but he wasn’t an exterminator, and this was a job for a small herd, not two strangers. Slowly, he started backing her toward the forest. If they could get through the trees, they could make a run for it. “When you see an opening, take it,” he ordered, around the staff in his mouth. The words came out vastly muffled, and under all the squeaks and snarls, he worried she wouldn’t understand him.

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:05 pm
RP Logs
Bardess Ookami
Running from trouble was not something that Aqua was well used to. She stood to face and fight it. She didn’t like the idea of killing these animals either; it wasn’t their fault they were sick. But she didn’t know of any way to heal them for certain, and they could make other people sick while they tried to figure it out. Shaking her head slightly, she delivered a blow to one of the creatures that threw it into a tree, knocking the thing out. She supposed that was for the best, to knock them out, then look for a healer to see to them, to see if they could be healed of the rabies. If not, she did not know what she would do. She couldn’t kill them when they were helpless, but she didn’t relish having to fight them anew after. She wished Terra was there, he would have an idea, she was sure. Or her Master.

Divena
When the mare didn’t make any moves other than to continue the fight, Denji concluded she hadn’t heard him. With an annoyed huff, he kicked a critter that had tried to latch on to his ankle and took a deliberate step back, crowding her the way he wanted her to go. He was fairly certain he wasn’t shoving her into danger… probably…

Bardess Ookami
She went, with some reluctance, though she kept fighting. Terra would have understood. But she also would have let Terra guide her. The three of them had been friends for so long, that they needed little more than glances to communicate in battle. Of course, Ven understood just as much as Terra, but listen far less often. He was always too eager to prove he was as strong and as fast as the two of them. She loved Ven, and he was a good fighter among his other traits, but there were times when she was mother henning him as much as fighting along side him. Still, it was one of his puppy edges, and he would learn in time, as he grew. They were like brothers to her, and she loved them more than anything and anyone else in the world. She wished they were here now. She really truly did. She kept fighting, as she kept wishing.

Divena
Well, at least she was moving. He kept backing her toward the forest until they reached the bushes. Then, with one last kick, he tucked his staff away and shoved himself at her. “Run,” he ordered, trying to push her through the thin line of creatures so they could get clear.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:08 am
IM RP
Bardess Ookami
She wanted to argue, but she couldn’t without dropping the keyblade. It wasn’t safe to do that here. She would have to follow him to safety, then argue with him, then come back. Blast it. She was not happy about that at all. But she went along with it. Better that then him getting hurt because she chose to be stubborn. He came to help her, which meant that her first responsibility was to keeping him safe. At least... for now. Once the creatures were dealt with... one way or another... she could go back to searching for her friends.

Divena
Finally! The mare was cooperating. He let out a breath of relief as he led her on a winding path that allowed them to shake off the last of the creatures. He set a neck breaking pace, and would have pushed her along any time she seemed to be lagging. He kept this up for another ten minutes after the last of the creatures fell away. When he was thoroughly convinced that they were clear, he started to slow down, panting a bit. “Well… that was different,” he muttered, mentally taking in the location and trying to recall if he knew where the nearest herd was. If he remembered right, there was a small family not too far from here, in a bit of a valley. There were some fairly strong warriors there… he’d take the matter to their alpha.

Bardess Ookami
She set down her Keyblade carefully and shook her head. “Unless you know where there is a cure for rabies, or a healer that can remove it from them, we should not have run. Those animals are suffering and anyone they bite will suffer with them.” There was sadness in her eyes and on her voice. She did not like to think about killing creatures who had no choice but to be a threat. Nothing about this was a good situation. She preferred clear cut easy lines of good and evil, where she was on the side of good to fight, knowing she was protecting and defending. Here the creatures were both innocent and dangerous. She knew that part of her Mastery was finding a way to handle things like this, and running from the problem, leaving it for someone else, did not seem the act of a Master to her.

Divena
Denji frowned at her. “And what would we have done against them, other than get bit ourselves?” he demanded. “You were losing that fight, sweetheart. Me coming along didn’t exactly tip things in your favor… it just bought you time to get away. Getting away will allow us to gather reinforcements… which, by the way, should be roughly five miles east of here…” he paused, once more to get his bearings then nodded. “Yeah… east… Once we hit the river, we can follow it toward the sea and we should find them…” he muttered.

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:04 pm
RP Log
Bardess Ookami
She had figured that they could have handled it themselves, but perhaps she had over estimated his abilities. He would know his limits better than she would, theoretically. She would have said as much out loud, but that was the sort of thing it was impossible to explain without coming across as terribly rude, and she would rather not thank him by insulting him. She was not even who said whatever came to mind the moment he thought of it. She thought before she spoke, and then put her words forward with care and deliberation. “Reinforcements,” she agreed with a small nod. Alright. They would get more help. She was relieved to know that he was not just fleeing for the sake of their own skins, that he still planned to do something about the situation. When he had insisted that they flee, she had been concerned. She should have realized that the way of one who leapt into a battle as hard as that to save another was not the way of one who was a coward. Mentally she apologized to him, since it was in her thoughts that she had misjudged and insulted him.

Divena
She studied her for a moment then heaved a sigh. She wasn’t much of a talker, he gathered. He started off in the direction of the herd he knew of. The sooner they got that pack of… whatever they had been taken care of, the safer the locals would be. “What were you doing out here by yourself, anyway?” he asked. “Hopefully not thinking you could clean out that nest by yourself.”

Bardess Ookami
“they had a youngster cornered,” she said with a small shake of her head. She was verbose at times, and quite at others, following what the moment required, as she understood it. “There seemed to be less of them then, otherwise I would have sent the youngster for help, rather than just having him run.” Even had she known the odds, she would have charged in and saved the kid, that was never the question. But she would have had the kid get help, had she realized that she was about to enter a fight in which she would be terribly out matched.

Divena
”Ah, well then,” he muttered, somewhat mollified. At least she’d had a good reason for what she had done. He couldn’t really fault her for doing more or less the same thing he had done.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:52 pm
IM RP
Bardess Ookami
She glanced at him and nodded. “My friends and I were trained to protect those who need protecting.” In other words, it wasn’t a big deal that she had tried to help, and that she knew there were other soquilli who would do the same

Divena
”That makes sense…” He sighed. “And where are your friends?” Why hadn’t they been there to help her? Maybe if they had been, he wouldn’t have had to get involved. He managed, barely, to resist grumbling about that. He had wanted something different after all. Now, however, he was starting to remember why he wasn’t usually a fighter. It was scary and hard.

Bardess Ookami
“I don’t know...” she admitted softly. “We got separated some time ago, and my Master sent me to bring them home. But I haven’t been able to find them.” She looked up to the sky. Terra. Ven. Where are you? She shook her head, a bit sadly. “Have you seen either of them? Terra is on the larger side, dark hair. Ven is smaller, a but younger, as pale as Terra and I, but with blond hair that stands out in all directions? They would have weapons similar to mine.”

Divena
”I’ve never seen anyone with weapons like yours,” Denji admitted, though the rest of her descriptions had fit several soqs he could have met over the years. “I’ll keep an eye out for them from now, though.”

Bardess Ookami
“Thank you. Every place I go I seem to have just missed them.” Missed them was right, she missed them terribly. She wanted to find them and go home. She wanted them to take their exams, and for the three of them to set out together, as Masters, to protect people and do great deeds.

Divena
”That sounds frustrating,” Denji mused, only really half paying attention to what she was saying now. Ladies always seemed to be looking for something. And he was trying hard not to get them lost.

Bardess Ookami
She gave him a slightly odd look, suspecting that he was patronizing her, and she didn’t particularly appreciate it. However she was not to take offense easily, nor was it in her nature to start an argument, so she simply changed the subject. “These people who might be of assistance, what are they like?” she asked. “Who are they?”

Divena
”I don’t know them personally,” he admitted, absently. “But I’ve passed closed to their territory often enough. It’s a small herd, more like a family with some outliers, I think. Anyway, the alpha or head of the family made it a point to employ some decent warriors to guard their borders. I’m pretty sure if they know about the rabid whatevers, they’ll want to do something about it before those things migrate into their valley.”

Bardess Ookami
She didn’t have the greatest faith in that, really. But if she had to go back and deal with this without the assistance... she would do so. She would find a way to make things work. She would find a way to protect those who needed protecting. She did hope, however, that they could get assistance. It would be better not to handle this alone.

Divena
He walked in silence for a few minutes before he was satisfied that he was in an area he was familiar with. Shaking his head slightly, he glanced at her and frowned. “I think they have a healer, also… are you hurt?”

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:36 pm
IM RP
Bardess Ookami
“I am not injured,” she said, “but thank you for your concern. Were you injured in the combat?” she asked. She looked him over, to see is he was whole. Was he suffering, was that why he was speaking and acting as he was? If so, she would be irritated with herself for failing to notice, as well as concerned and apologetic.

Divena
”Not to my knowledge.” It wouldn’t be the first time he failed to notice an injury in the heat of battle. He considered asking her for her name, but dismissed the idea. Normally, he would have flirted a bit, been a smidge friendlier than he was currently being. But the fact that the mare had basically accused him of being a cruel coward when he had risked his own hide to help her… well, he wasn’t feeling too friendly toward her. He had the feeling that she felt the same way toward him.

Bardess Ookami
“Good,” she said, with honest relief. “I am sorry that I did not inquire sooner, I should have,” she apologized. She was tired, but that was no excuse. She was supposed to be a Master, she needed to show her Mastery. She needed to learn from this and to do better.

Divena
”You had other things on your mind,” he dismissed her apology. After all, she had been fixated on trying to throw her own life away because she couldn’t be bothered to think of asking for help. Stubborn mares.

Bardess Ookami
“Perhaps,” she said with a nod. “Still, it is not an excuse. I should have been more aware.” She stumbled slightly, and regained her feet. She was tired. That fight had taken a lot out of her, and she had been fighting for some time before he arrived. Not an excuse, she should have a better command of herself than that.

Divena
He saw the stumble and guilt hit him like a rock. He moved so that he was standing right next to her and could help her stay up a bit. “You okay?” he asked, concern overriding his annoyance with her for the moment. “Do you need to rest?”

Bardess Ookami
“Thank you, and once someone else is dealing with the issue, or if we are yet needed, once the issue is attended to, I promise, I have every intention of resting.” She gave him a small soft smile. It wasn’t that she was massochistic or suicidial. She just... cared and worried and stressed over others, perhaps a bit too much.

Divena
He frowned at her, not quite pleased with that answer. But she wasn’t his sister or his mother. He didn’t, technically, owe her any sort of fussing or concern. So he kept his disapproval to the frown and stayed close to her in case she stumbled again. He did, however, slow his pace a bit.

Bardess Ookami
She noticed the frown and sighed slightly. While she knew logically that not everyone would like her, and that she couldn’t please everyone, it was rare that she came across someone who didn’t like her, that she couldn’t please at all. It was not a pleasant feeling in the least. For what felt like the millionth time that day, she wished Terra and Ven were there. With them, it was easier to accept things with grace. She wondered how much of her mastery seemed from having them both with her when she took her exam. It wasn’t a comforting concern, but one she should, in good faith, raise with her master. “I will be fine,” she said, trying to reassure him.

Divena
”I didn’t say anything,” he said, blandly. He glanced around them, once again reassuring himself that they were headed the right way. He’d insist that the healer checked her out once they were there. Whether she liked it or not.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:05 pm
IM RP
Bardess Ookami
“I know,” she said. “But I upset you all the same, and I am sorry about that,” she told him

Divena
”If you were really sorry, you’d take better care of yourself… but I can already tell that you’re not the type,” he muttered. He pitied the male who she took as her mate. He had his work cut out for him. Not that he was going to say THAT aloud.

Bardess Ookami
“I know I had better, but I cannot, when it comes at the expensive of others. Though, I do think I over did more than was wise. I just don’t know what other option there had been. If Ven and Terra had been here, we could have taken care of it, and made sure each other rested. I suppose I still need to learn to adjust to being on my own, for times like this when we are separated.” She wished they weren’t. Ven. Terra. Where were they?

Divena
”Or you could find another group to travel with until you hook up with your friends again.” The answer seemed simple enough to him, but then again maybe people just couldn’t stand her for long.

Bardess Ookami
“I may do that,” she said, with a small nod. “It is rather lonely to travel alone, while I search for them, but I wouldn’t want to delay anyone from their own journeys, just so that I would have company. I would have to find someone otherwise bored, kind enough to come with me, and able to fight at my side. Someone with a good heart, who would understand that people in need should be helped, not mocked. I think that will be rather difficult to find, do you agree?”

Divena
”Not really. Most people are generally decent. All you have to do is find someone who’s been bitten by the travel bug, who can fight, and who isn’t irritated by you. You can learn their style, and they can learn yours. Things like that just took time.” He was not going to volunteer, nope.

Bardess Ookami
“Most like that, whom I have encountered, already have a travel companion, or have found their own missions. Besides, I think I would feel guilty, asking someone to accompany me until I find my friends, since once I find them, like as not, I’ll be with them after that point.”

Divena
”If you make all of that plain, I see no reason you should feel guilty. Just find someone with a mission that takes them in the same direction as yours and work out an agreement.” Why did females have to make things so blasted complicated?

Bardess Ookami
“I have no particular direction,” she said. “I don’t know where they are, at the moment.”

Divena
”Then… why can’t you join someone else in their mission if you’re not going anywhere in particular?”

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:03 pm
IM RP
Bardess Ookami
“I.. rather suppose I could. I did not think of that, thank you for that idea. So long as the people on their quest, know up front, that if i have word of my friends, I shall seek them out. That could work, and I would be able to aid and assist.”

Divena
”And it should feed into your savior complex, too,” he muttered, more to himself than to her. The idea of helping others even at risk of herself no doubt would appeal to her.

Bardess Ookami
“I.. don’t have a savior complex...” she said, giving him a slight odd look. “why would you think that I do?” she was really perplexed by this

Divena
”Because you’re dead on your hooves, and you’re more concerned with taking care of others than yourself,” he grumbled, unable to keep his complaints to himself. “No doubt once everything is said and done, you’ll find another problem that needs to be solved but has absolutely nothing to do with you. I know your time, sweetheart. You have a savior complex the size of this forest.”

Bardess Ookami
“You say it like wanting to help others is a bad thing. It isn’t. Helping others, and giving of the self is something virtuous and good. It is something to be strived for, worked for. It is not easy to go forward when you want to run, but you do not do it because it is easy, you do it because it needs to be done.” Terra would understand, Ven would understand. They all had the same Master, were all trained to help others, to give of themselves. It was part of being a Master. Stepping up to defend those who cannot defend themselves. To preserve peace and harmony, to fight so no one else has to, to work towards that day when there is nothing left that wants to fight. That day when they could lay aside their weapons, and enjoy a world at peace with itself.

Divena
”You’re right,” he agreed. “There’s nothing wrong with helping others, with fighting for what’s right. It’s all very noble. But what you’re doing goes beyond virtuous and into stupid. You’re useless to others if you get yourself killed trying to ‘do the right thing.’ That’s when it crosses the line between being selfless and having a savior complex.”

Bardess Ookami
“I am not trying to get myself killed,” she corrected. “I am, however, unused to fighting on my own and may have over estimated my abilities. There is a difference. Usually the three of us fight together, and with the three of us, there is little we cannot face. We’ve been together as long as I can remember. Me and Terra, and then Ven. Raised by the same Master. We train together, work together, and fight together.”

Divena
”You’re not with your friends right now, though,” he reminded her, feeling like a jerk for poking at what he realized was a sore spot. “You need to change your behavior accordingly and figure out your limitations. Think of it as an opportunity to grow and better yourself.”

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:42 pm
IM RP
Bardess Ookami
“I am realizing that,” she said dryly. “But I cannot stop wanting to help people, and I will not. I will just have to find ways to ensure that I do not get in over my head, or that I can attract assistance if I do.”

Divena
He sighed a bit. He’d believe that when he saw it. But hey, he didn’t know the mare. Maybe she meant what she said. Maybe she really did just need some time to figure out what she could do by herself. Maybe she wouldn’t get killed before then. Right… He sighed. “What’s your name?”

Bardess Ookami
“I am Master Aqua, if the Land of Departure. And your name?” she asked.

Divena
”Denji Haru Li,” he answered. He wasn’t really from anywhere, so he didn’t bother adding that. “You can call me Denji, though. No sense if standing on formality.” He never had before, why should he start now? Besides, Master Aqua, of the Land of Departure was a mouthful.

Bardess Ookami
“And you may of course call me Aqua,” she said with a warm smile. “Master still feels odd. While I do not doubt my Master’s judgment, would not question him, I still wonder if I truly deserve the title yet. There is still much I clearly have to learn. About the world, yes, and my own limits.”

Divena
Yeah… he wasn’t going to touch that one. He was silent for a few steps. There was something on the edge of his thoughts. A decision that he’d made… but he was reluctant to admit to. He just wasn’t sure why he didn’t like it… “How long have you been on your own?”

Bardess Ookami
“Not very long, about a week, two at most,” she admitted. “Terra left, deciding he could handle things on his own, Ven chased after him, and I was sent to help them and bring them both home safely. I have been trying to do exactly that, ever since.”

Divena
”And you have no leads on where they could have gone?” It sounded to Denji like she was better off without these friends, but maybe he was just too harsh of a judge.

Bardess Ookami
“I did, at first. And I kept coming up just a day behind one or the other of them, then it became clear that they went in different directions. I got lost trying to find a path between, that would hopefully intersect them both. I stayed closer to the way I thought Terra had gone, because he would help me look for Ven once I told him Ven had run off, and because Ven was looking for him, so it should have been easiest for us all to cross paths that way. Unfortunately a storm came through two days ago, and all the signs and tracks I had been following were lost. “

Divena
That…. Stunk. It was going to make things a lot harder for her. He sighed a bit. “And it didn’t occur to you to just stick with one rather than trying to find them both at the same time?” He would have just focused on the tracks of one, hoping that he’d be able to pick up the trail of the other.

divena

11,525 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items