Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Visitation (Chaya, Holly) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:33 am
When Chaya showed up at Holly's door, he was on four legs. He scratched a little at the door, and sat down to wait, his ears angled back with uncertainty. When he'd first come here, he'd been hopefully focused on finding a Huntsman. He'd really never given much thought to after school, nor what he'd do then, nor where his friends would be. But Holly had mentioned going home afterward, and he'd realized rather suddenly that that might mean he wouldn't see his friend again at some point, and that .... that was really upsetting.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:33 pm
Her phone was the one piece of technology Hollandaise had grown truly comfortable with. She loved Critter, and texting, and looking up videos, and all the conveniences of it. And she didn't not think Zar would have told her such things in person, so there was a point for that kind of distance not-distance. Right now, though, she was glad Chaya was coming over. If he was close, maybe she wouldn't have to think about her future.

She was just setting her phone down when the scratch sounded at her door. For a moment, Hollandaise froze, remembering other scratches, less welcome scratches. Mentioning that boil to Zar had reminded her of unpleasant things. But he was gone and there was only one hound it could be now. Slowly, she got to her feet, uncurling from her position on the bed, and wove her way through plants to the door. Hollandaise cracked it open before breathing out a soft sigh and opening it wide.

"Hello, Chaya, please come in." Her hands reached out, almost of their own volition, to touch his soft fur.

prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 5:20 pm
Holly peeked out, then opened the door, and Chaya slipped in and leaned heavily against her legs, whuffing a deep sigh as her hands reached to curl into his fur. "I'm here," he said, and looked up at her silently, deep red eyes solemn and troubled.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:12 pm
"You are here," she repeated softly and bent down to loop her arms around his neck, briefly resting her cheek against his. "I am here, too, for now." Hollandaise drew back and wove through the plants to sit on her bed again, patting the spot next to her.

There were things she thought of saying, but held back, for fear of sounding stupid or dumb or any number of silly things. Instead, she simply said: "Would you miss me when I left?"

prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:44 pm
Chaya followed, sticking close enough to Holly's legs that he was probably a nuisance. He jumped up onto the bed beside her and leaned heavily against her side, ears laid back.

"I would miss you a lot," he said, and snuffled at her hand, nudging his muzzle underneath it.

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:54 am
She obligingly stroked his head and scratched at the base of his ears gently. "Perhaps they will let me come back sometimes. It is a very new thing, for one of use to go outside for schooling. I am not to be allowed back, generally, until I finish. I am not really a warder until then." Hollandaise hummed softly. She had never really thought about how going back meant she would have to leave her friends all behind. The warder did not have many, but she would be... surprisingly sad to never meet them again. She frowned.

"I do not think they would like visitors. Two warders have left, before. They did not come back, nor were allowed back. I did not want to come here."

prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:24 am
"You smell like sad and lots of feelings," Chaya murmured, and angled his head under the scritchings to get the best spot into easy reach. After a moment, he lay down and rested his chin on Holly's leg, looking up at her.

"Why don't they let you go out and come back?" he asked. "What are they afraid of if people go there?"

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:50 am
"I do not know how I feel," she said, huffing out a breath. It was interesting that sad could have a scent. It was on the tip of her tongue to ask what happy smelled like, or affection, or fear. But, for now, she refrained, filing her questions away in the index car library of her mind.

Hollandaise looked down at Chaya. She was comfortable around him, his weight a nice pressure on her leg. Everything about Chaya was nice. "We are very insular. The elders are what guides us and we need only them and not anything of the outside. They are not afraid so much as they do not like outsiders. They are slow and I... am not." Most of this was said with a measured, deliberate pace, as though recited. "They especially do not like undead. Ghosts are a little better, but only a little.

prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:00 pm
"I don't know how I feel either," Chaya said, and sighed windily.

"But if you only have what's inside then how do you get new things and new thoughts?" He looked confused. Then his ears drooped. "Oh," he said, sad but resigned. "I guess ... I couldn't go then."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:57 pm
"They do not like new things. They think slowly, and do not make decisions quickly. That is why I was sent out; because I think too quickly, and too rashly." He petted his drooped ears gently.

"So we should spend time together while we can?" Hollandaise chewed on her lip. It wasn't an ideal solution, but she had to be a good warder. "What will happen for you after graduation?"

prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:33 pm
"I don't think it's a bad thing to think quickly. I don't think very quickly. I need instructions," Chaya said. The sigh wasn't as deep this time, but it was stil1l a sigh.

"I like to spend time with you." The question made him stop, his pupils shrinking a little. "I ... don't know," he said slowly. His tail drew in and tucked itself along his flank. "I thought ... I always thought I'd find a Huntsman while I was at school and make a contract, but I haven't seen any at all. So I don't know what I'll do, if I don't. My uncle found a Huntsman to contract to. But my hound-mama never did."

The Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:43 pm
"I like spending time with you, too." She leaned down and kissed the top of his head fondly. Chaya was comfortable in his natural form and he made her feel comfortable as well.

"I do not think you have to hurry to find a huntsman. Do you need to have one?" She frowned, realizing she didn't know as much about Chaya as she would have liked.

prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:53 pm
The tail thumped once, then tucked back against Chaya's side, and he lifted his head enough to lick her cheek affectionately. Most of the time, people seemed to be more comfortable when he was on two legs; Holly seemed to be just fine with him being on four legs, and that was comforting.

"It's what Hounds should do," he said. "Have a Pack and a Hunt to run with. Hound-mama always talked about it like she wished she did too, and Uncle was so happy when he found his ... I don't know what it's like but it sounds like it's nice. Other Hounds to track with and run with, and a Huntsman to set us on our course." He leaned his head against Holly's hand. "There used to be more of us and more of them, hound-mama says, but we've diminished."

xThe Semblance of Unity

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:49 pm
"We are both trying to do what we should," she said, kind of pleased. On the tail of that pleased feeling rode a realization she did not find pleasant at all. "When you find a huntsman, you would not have time for me, even if I was here. After graduation, we both are gone." She frowned but stroked his head.

"But I will try to help you, if I can."

prolixity

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:58 pm
"I don't. I don't know if I like that," Chaya said sadly, and turned a little to lick Holly's hand. "I like to have friends. I like you being my friend ... "

The Semblance of Unity

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces