sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:57 am
User Image

A pair of twins, Wax and Wane, have set up a booth with an odd assortment of items. Turtle shells full of water, rocks, shells, fruits, herbs and other random things sit in what little sunlight there is. On a stump are stones, shells, skulls and other things decorated with feathers, paint, seeds and various plants. Currently a lynx and cheetah are snuggled together for a nap, one lazily opening an eye to see who's approached.

"Hello.." says the buck.
"and welcome." the doe finishes.

"We'd like you to.." "gather us some things." is their simple request, Wax starting the sentence and Wane finishing it.

((Feel free to interact with one or both of them, or the cats. I'll tag back as I've got time))  
sheepcakes rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:01 am
How the game works:
Once a day roll two 8 sided dice. First die tells what item Wax & Wane ask for. Second die tells what condition the item is in when handed over (ie what prize you get for helping). Edit a short (or long) IC reply into your post telling how your kin found the item, and what happened to it on the way back.
If you don't own any kin feel free to make one up for this.
You don't need a specific form, ooc adding the rolls, or not, is fine eat her way.

Item list: first die roll
  1. Fruit (your pick what kind)
  2. Rock, pebble, gem, or other pretty stone
  3. Bird feathers
  4. Some kind of plant (flowers, herbs, seeds, mushrooms, tree bark, etc)
  5. Small animal bones/skull (small meaning a small bone from any size animal, skulls should be about foxbun to eaglehound in size)
  6. Honeycomb
  7. Giant insect wings (moth, dragonfly, wasp, mantis)
  8. Any kind of shell (snail, turtle, sea creature, egg shell, includes beetle carapaces)

Item condition: second die roll
  1. Nearly perfect (you get 1 token and a premade charm)
  2. You decided to eat it (sorry, Wax & Wane send you off empty handed)
  3. Good condition (you get 1 token and a premade charm)
  4. Broken/smashed (It's still usefull.. you can have 1 token, and a cracked charm)
  5. "That's not what we asked for!" Somehow you lost the original item.. (Wax & Wane begrudgingly hand over a single token, and a premade charm)
  6. Perfect condition (you get 2 tokens and a custom charm)
  7. Slightly damaged (again the twins reluctantly hand over one single token, and a premade charm)
  8. You found extra! (you get 1 token and a premade charm)

Quote:
Example: 5, 1
5. Small animal bones/skull & 1. nearly perfect.

Wane sent Wax off to find a skull, mongoose specifically. He searched around until he found a hole, hoping for a den he starts to dig. Soon he's got it dug out, and by the stench something died down there. Carefully he uncovers it, size and shape look good enough so Wax retrieves it.

On the way back to his twin Wax stops to rinse the dirt off the skull. Wading ankle deep into a stream he bends down, dipping the skull in and giving it a shake. Happy with the look, it's almost completely intact and pretty clean, Wax returns to Wane, passing over the skull.

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:11 am
Charms:
((Please save and host charms yourself))

Wax & Wane believe the charms they make are magic, of the protection sort. Really they're more of a create your own luck type of thing, if you believe in them they work. Except when they don't. And when they don't it's because, according to the twins, the magic has worn off.
To make them they start with a base (a pretty stone, a skull, a shell, etc) and sun steep it in a turtle shell with various herbs and plants (on the very rare occasion they find fire they'll simmer it). They believe both the base and what it's steeped in have magic of their own sort. For instance, something from the ocean will protect against drowning. Steep it with tree bark and it will also ward against aches and minor pains. Charms are decorated with pigments from fruit, flowers and ochre, with various bits stuck on or in, feathers, flower petals, seeds and the like.
Given the materials used they usually have a good stock of already made charms. Many look pretty much the same, done deliberately as the twins make large batches at a time. They find bases that are very nearly identical then take great pains to paint and decorate them the same.
New charms will be added as Wax & Wane have time to make them.
If you won a premade, pick which you'd like and save it.

User Image ward against drowning, also energizes you
User Image ward against illness, also helps you concentrate
User Image grants speed and patience.

Sometimes, often actually, one or two in the batch won't look as nice, but it still works just as well. Normally they'll add something, and this usually changes what it does a bit.
If you won a cracked charm pick one from below and save it.

User Image ward against illness, also brings good fortune
User Image grants speed and stealth

On rare occasions Wax & Wane will accept custom requests. The customer gets to decide what base is used, from their current stock of supplies. As well as some colors, decorations, and what it should ward against. As each material has its own element the twins will be happy to help if you have a very specific danger you want protection from.
If you won a custom fill out this form and quote me in this thread with it.
Note: Custom charms are limited to 1 per person. If you win this more then once take whichever premade or cracked charm you don't yet have.
Supplies:
-For the base just keep it something obtainable in Matope, should be fairly sturdy and not too small, foxbun skull would be preferable to a mouse skull, that kind of thing.
-For decorations, think seeds, feathers, flower petals, anything small or light enough they can be wedged into places or "glued" on with extra thick pigments. Steeping supplies can also be used to decorate.
-Steeping supplies, doesn't affect the look of the charm, but does add various elements. Very open to suggestions, it should make some sense though. Like lavender to keep away bad dreams/help one sleep, clover for luck, etc.
-Colors, remember it needs to be naturally occurring in Matope.
[quote="The Cake Mage of Sheep"][/quote]
I'd like a charm for.. (what it wards against and/or helps)
Is this base good? (If it makes sense that it'd help it works)
Colors please! (2 to 4 colors)
Hmm these might look nice too! (Anything extra like feathers, seeds, flowers, etc)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:16 am
Custom Winners
If it's not for you don't take it.
  • iStoleYurVamps
    User Image

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
thyPOPE rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 3 Total: 6 (2-16)

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:20 pm
Time to Go had been recuperating over at Westfen, but when Westward Bound had told her there were new booths - well, she figured she might as well represent. She'd traveled over angrily but become quickly captivated by a pair of kin who were hawking charms. "These are...interesting," she said, eying them with curiosity. They were certainly bright - but so was her pelt, really. She'd be more than willing to help out.

So she did. When they asked for a feather, she smirked and disappeared - only to return with something blue-black and shimmery. It was certainly a feather, all right: although parts of it were a bit bent. It certainly wasn't a flight-condition primary, but it was lovely. She was pleased to take her reward, a painted snailshell with feathers and a pretty little flower. "You should stop by Westfen some time," she told the twins.  
Ruriska rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 7 Total: 15 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 4:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"I'll be back in a moment," Sunspot promised.

When she returned it was with a turtle shell on her back. She placed it down and smiled. "I'd been using it to practice cooking so it's not perfect," There were a few stains and cracks inside. "But it's still good. I once made a really yummy berry soup but I've never been able to replicate it."  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

FrostyPeaches rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 2 Total: 5 (2-16)

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:35 pm
20 December
        Ace meandered into the scene like a cloud drifting through the sky. This particular booth had caught his attention for the two kin inside the booth were quite a distraction with their intricate markings. One of them, he couldn't tell which one it was, told him to go fetch some bird feathers in return for a reward.

He just stared with lazy eyes at the pair and then at their familiars. A nap sounds wonderful to him too as he noticed one of the familiars had just woken up.

Right feathers. There were plenty of those in the swamp. Ace trotted off near the water. That's where ducks like the wade and bade. He approached them lightly for some were rather territorial of their nests. But with his towering height, they got sort of freaked out and froze.

The rockstar babe casually bend his head down and lowered it enough for his teeth to take hold of a few bird feathers. He especially liked the downy soft and fluffy ones. As he tried to make his way back to the booth, he felt them stick against the insides of his mouth. He spat and spat but they remained stuck inside.

He was almost back, he could see the twins but it became rather difficult to hand over those feathers to them now. When he got to the booth, he noticed half a shell filled with honey and instantly drank it down, swallowing the sweet syrup along with the tiny feathers. Good riddance.

The twins gave him a disappointed stare and he shrugged it off.

SilverShieldwolf rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 3 Total: 4 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dance the Night Away watched as the twins did their thing. It was strange to her, as one started and the other finished, but who was she to judge. Prancing up, she found out what they wanted. "Off to find a fruit..." Now where had she seen one? AH, yes...there was one a bit away. She ran for it, the pear that was near the ground. It looked good to her, so off she went. The pear stem clamped in her teeth, so not to ruin it, Dance made it back. "Here you go!"  

SilverShieldwolf

Alien Shapeshifter

iStoleYurVamps rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 3 Total: 5 (2-16)

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 8:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Sent off to gather a pretty stone, Blue Blood didn't have to travel very far, just to a nearby riverbed. A small cluster of small smooth stones glittered in the light, and while they were not the most round or flat, it was of bright color, and seemed to suit the pair just fine.  
thyPOPE rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 2 Total: 4 (2-16)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:24 am
"I can help you if it's flowers," Once murmured. He blinked his eyes lazily at the pair of kimeti. "The two of you are very similar, you are."

Unfortunately it was a stone they asked for. "Oh," he said, and furrowed his brow. But didn't they have stones? He supposed it was a nicer one they wanted. Well, he could do that.

He ambled off and picked out something sparkly and purple. He did so admire purples.

On his way back he carried it gingerly in his mouth - he'd only been able to bite off a small amount. He didn't know much about rocks.

He swallowed his apprehension as he approached. "It's here," he said, turning a nervous eye to the pair. "The stone, I mean - um - I mean - in my mouth..." How could he be talking if there was still a stone in his mouth? Well, the answer, apparently, was that the stone was no longer there. He turned in a circle, horrified. Had he dropped it? That'd make it much less shiny, in the murky water! But - but - no, he could feel something slipping down his throat...

"I ate it," he admitted, and he slunk away, defeated.  

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

FrostyPeaches rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 4 Total: 12 (2-16)

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:06 pm
21 December
        User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Chaos was a sleezebag and would take the shortest routes towards completing tasks. When the two kin asked him to retrieve some shells, he just went to another booth and came back with small empty clay shells from Negative's booth. They had a small pile near the back and he just stole a mouthful.

Not realizing that one of them were actually cracked until he had them all laid out in-front of him and the twins, he looked up at them and gave them a counteroffer. "Weelll... you take these intact ones and i will take that pretty cracked one with my token."

The Cake Mage of Sheep

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:50 pm
The twins nod, Wax passing over the token and charm while Wane collects the offered shells. "You have.." "four eyes." the twins seem interested, but not overly surprised.

FrostyPeaches

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:52 pm
The Cake Mage of Sheep
thank you for such a cute gift idea from this booth. <3
"That I do," he responded with a crooked smile. Excellent. They've accepted those easy to get shells. IF they get in trouble for it I will just deny it... He hid the cracked shell and token out of sight and looked at the twins again. "You.. have stars near your eyes."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:00 pm
"That's not the only..." "place we have stars." Wane gives her hips a shake as she finishes their sentence, both twins giving him a flirty smile.

FrostyPeaches
Protection charms are best gift XD (is it bad I now wonder if they've got stars on their naughty bits?)

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
thyPOPE rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 5 Total: 6 (2-16)

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:40 pm
"I am very trustworthy," said Wild Green Stones, who actually did seem interested in magic charms. But he brought back a shiny piece of jade, when they'd asked for a pretty apple.

"It's very pretty," said Wild Green Stones indignantly. "I worked hard to find this for you, you know! It takes expertise to figure this stuff out. Especially when you're half-blind. Like me." He swished his tail indignantly until they passed him a token.

Ha!  
Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces