Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "COS" ^Can O Spam^
Do animated items not automatically play anymore?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:46 pm
Because I have to press a play button. In my settings, I've set them to play automatically. Wtf?

Edit:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Edit 2:

For some unknown reason, Flash was disabled. I've fixed it,  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:15 pm
You mean like if you are seeing someone's avi in the forum? The animation should automatically play unless you've specifically chosen the non-animated pose. The only time you have to manually make an animation occur is if you are viewing an Astra (animated) item in the Marketplace.

From what you've posted, I don't know why you would be seeing a play button.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:46 pm
Could have to do with Firefox not wanting to deal with Flash anymore. Maybe Gaia Online is attempting to make animated avatars work via HTML5 or something and it's not quite working 100%.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:58 pm
Nadian
Could have to do with Firefox not wanting to deal with Flash anymore. Maybe Gaia Online is attempting to make animated avatars work via HTML5 or something and it's not quite working 100%.

I'm using Chrome. neutral  

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

Nadian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:15 pm
SuicidalSkittles
Nadian

That would only explain your initial confusion quite well.

Firefox has been by-default blocking Flash even after updating. Since I do my browsing of Gaia Online via Firefox I've noticed that animated avatars require me to disable Firefox's permanent "Flash is out of date" message. In Chrome you would have never noticed this.

Thus, if Gaia Online is attempting to fix this problem, they're fixing it by changing avatars on all browsers to use something else. Like I said it's most likely HTML5. Checking w3schools, it looks like maybe Firefox finally has some built-in support for MP4 for the VIDEO tag so they're probably trying stuff with that.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:31 pm
Nadian
SuicidalSkittles
Nadian

Firefox has been by-default blocking Flash even after updating.Since I do my browsing of Gaia Online via Firefox I've noticed that animated avatars require me to disable Firefox's permanent "Flash is out of date" message. In Chrome you would have never noticed this.

Thus, if Gaia Online is attempting to fix this problem, they're fixing it by changing avatars on all browsers to use something else. Like I said it's most likely HTML5. Checking w3schools, it looks like maybe Firefox finally has some built-in support for MP4 for the VIDEO tag so they're probably trying stuff with that.

Weird... I use Firefox and haven't had any issues with Flash. And Gaia avatars appear the same to me as they always have. confused  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:40 pm
Nadian

Prof. Moonie
Nadian
SuicidalSkittles
Nadian

Firefox has been by-default blocking Flash even after updating.Since I do my browsing of Gaia Online via Firefox I've noticed that animated avatars require me to disable Firefox's permanent "Flash is out of date" message. In Chrome you would have never noticed this.

Weird... I use Firefox and haven't had any issues with Flash. And Gaia avatars appear the same to me as they always have. confused

Same here.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:08 pm
Kor Saiyajinkami
Nadian

Prof. Moonie
Nadian
SuicidalSkittles
Nadian

Same here.

Well, for some unknown reason, Flash player was disabled on Chrome. rolleyes

It's fixed now.  

SuicidalSkittles
Crew

Rainbow Witch

Kor Saiyajinkami

Rampaging Genius

14,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:31 pm
SuicidalSkittles
Kor Saiyajinkami
Nadian

Prof. Moonie
Nadian
SuicidalSkittles

Same here.

It's fixed now.

Could've possibly been an isolated glitch then.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:40 pm
SuicidalSkittles
Kor Saiyajinkami
Nadian

Prof. Moonie
Nadian
SuicidalSkittles

Same here.

It's fixed now.

Ah, that's always annoying when an important program you use just randomly gets turned off and ruins your usual activities you do. At least you were able to figure out what was going on and got it fixed easy enough.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers