Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:28 am
I experiment with food sometimes and learn some pretty interesting things.

So far I've learned that polish sausage gets a pretty nice tang when you slice it, fry it up in a mixture of lemon juice, butter, and a few drops of hot sauce, then lightly sear the sausage.

I've also learned that savory roasted pecans and butter add a nice texture and flavor dimension to green bean casserole. It's all creamy and nutty and the seasoning from the pecans mingles with the soup to create a nice mix of flavors.

My first recent experience was in making a favorite of mine: tamago gohan. I usually make rice, then add raw egg and soy sauce to it before adding an extra ingredient to give it more flavor. Cooked breakfast sausage patties, Worcestershire sauce, and mozzarella really make it taste awesome!

I had the casserole for lunch and, for my first time roasting pecans, it isn't bad.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:10 pm
A couple years back during Thanksgiving time, our leftover turkey started getting a bit dry (especially the white meat - which was mostly what was left by that time). We didn't have anything available to make a gravy, so I decided to experiment what it would be like if I dipped the turkey into some barbecue sauce. Totally helped add a form of moisture to the meat to allow me to eat it.

My parents occasionally tease me that if something is too dry or doesn't have enough flavor that we need to add barbecue sauce. sweatdrop  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:17 pm
I've taken a liking to vegetarian dishes lately. It used to be that I had to have meat with every meal or I'd feel like I was still hungry. I've changed to doing lots of healthy snacking on fruits and veggies and keeping my meat protein to one or maybe two servings a day. I feel pretty great, though I definitely 100% could not go full vegetarian. I like burgers too much.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:35 pm
Mama Ame
I've taken a liking to vegetarian dishes lately. It used to be that I had to have meat with every meal or I'd feel like I was still hungry. I've changed to doing lots of healthy snacking on fruits and veggies and keeping my meat protein to one or maybe two servings a day. I feel pretty great, though I definitely 100% could not go full vegetarian. I like burgers too much.

I've noticed that I tend to get chicken burgers more than cheeseburgers like I used to. Not necessary a change on purpose (like for diet reasons or anything)... it just happened over time. Though some of the cheeseburgers I've had a few times in the past haven't been as impressive as they used to be, so that might play a part.  

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers