[STAFF BOOTH] Wishing Well's Well-Wishes! [OPEN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aric Val

Mega Cub

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:32 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

There are stones piled up in a circle, decorated with bright red flowers with lively green leaves, inside a hollow space that is empty for now.

Wishing well smiles, she feels the season changing and it's the season for giving. And she wants to encourage that for everykin!

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:42 pm
How to:

This is an IC entry! So that means your kin must send another message to anotherkin and you have to write it in their perspective! It doesn't have to be an entirely positive message, but please do not to make it negative. ICly your kin will speak into the wishing well if it's a spoken message/an action and/or draw art/craft you can draw them doing whatever they are doing or draw an 'offering' they have to the kin they are sending a message to.

This can only be done once a day, but you may gain 2 tokens by including a word and art/craft in one entry for the same kin.

Additionally, entries that Wishing Well finds wonderful will be given an extra token!

Word Entry - 1 token
Word & Art/Craft Entry - 2 tokens
For maximum of 2 a day for this booth plus an extra one rewarded for great entries!

User Image

Post with the following code:

[b][color=#33cccc]Dear Kin,[/color][/b]
[u]Entry[/u]: (150 words - 400 words and/or Art/Crafts)

And once you've completed your prompt, post in the Token Claim Thread to collect your tokens, and edit your Token Tracking post as well.  

Aric Val

Mega Cub

Pigxels

Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. (Added an extra twist: Went to Mato.pe, and hit "random kin" to wish well wishes to!)

Dear Frost-in-Night,
Entry: I’ve never met you, but I hope you have the best holidays ever! I hope you get to eat the fattest bird, whatever you catch, and I hope you get to sit around with friends and family to talk about all you’ve done all year long! Eat, get fat, and enjoy the holiday season with those you love. Nothing’s better than this time of year when you get to be around everyone else you care about. Hopefully someday we get to meet each other officially, and maybe have a nice chat over some awesome snacks. If not, it’s okay. I hope you get to go places you’ve never been this year, and find new friends to hang out with and doop around with. Remember, friends may as well be family too with how great they make you feel! Good luck and laze about for a while for the holiday season! Everyone deserves a break this time of year too!

Signed Starglow!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dear... you know who you are,
Entry: I'm pretty terrible at actually expressing things in words, so I thought shouting into a hole might make things easier. Surprisingly it works. You're the best thing in this mudhole and don't you forget it. I've never seen a smile so genuine or a laugh so delighted. I dunno if there's actually a word to put to this feeling but I wanna protect your smile. So yeah, that's, uh, that's what I've got. Funny, it was actually kinda easy shouting into a hole."

User Image She picked up a rock she brought with her, a rock that had been smeared and dabbed with different pigments- ochre, some sort of blue, charcoal- and lifted it to the edge of the well. Suddenly, a thought crossed her face. Fair Hunter glared hard at the well.

User Image"Wait, are we supposed to throw the gifts in here? No way! I worked hard on painting this rock! You can have this shiny feather instead. I didn't spend a lot of time slapping ochre on a rock to make it have the same colors as a frog just to throw it away! No, this rock is for Gecko," she said indignantly, unaware that she'd said it and confessed. "I'm gonna go give it to her, not some well!"  

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:58 pm
Dear No Bloodstains,
Entry: Westward Bound nodded awkwardly at the kimeti watching over the little hole. Here? Did he have to do this with her watching? He wasn't really a, uh, voyeurism kind of kimeti.

"This is for my son," he said. "Wherever he is."

Wouldn't Pristine hear of the winter market and gather here? He hoped so, but at the same time, Sun was all too aware that No Bloodstains wasn't really the type for showing his face, unless he was satisfied. And he wasn't easily satisfied. "I hope that you're doing well - feeding yourself, and not just with boar. Sometimes the smaller game is satisfying, too, and so are nuts, or berries, or grasses." A pause - Westward Bound wasn't really known for his eloquence. "I hope you sleep sheltered from the elements every night, and find clean water to parch your thirsts. I hope you're staying warm."

A pause, and then a whisper, so that Wishing Well wouldn't hear: "I hope you come back to Westfen," he finished. "I hope you...I miss you. You know that. And I'd be far happier to see your face, than an appropriate offering."

Was what they were doing right? He didn't know, but he missed his son, and he was pretty sure his son still had a lot to learn here at home.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:45 am
Dear Kin, Marshrush
Entry: After being chased away from the kissing booth, Waddling Duck pulled Widgeon along to some of the other booths. They found one that was a little different. When they walked forward, Waddling Duck’s heart sang a little. A wishing well! There was one wish that stuck with her. She walked up to the well and stuck her head in to the well.

“Hello? I don’t know if you can hear me… but… there is one thing I want. I just want him to come back to me.” She paused, imagining his beautiful face and sparkling hide. When would she see him again? Would she? What if she never did? That would be horrible.

User Image“I’d offer you a song, but I hope you will take this instead.” She dropped a feather. It was from her pretty songbird, Quack, and was weighted to a rock with a small amount of sap. “Of if you can give it to him. Hopefully he will understand.”

With her deed done, the doe popped her head up and looked at her friend Widgeon. “You ready to go?”

“What’d’ya wish for?” the forest green doe asked.

Waddling Duck smiled, her eyes twinkling. “Oh, I cannot tell you! Then it won’t come true!”  

EchoLimaFoxtrot

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Dear Sons- my beloved Bird of Prey, Mad Dog, and Sky on Fire,
Entry: "Your mother wishes you well this winter. You've grown up to be big, strong boys and I'm so proud of all of you. I know that wherever you are as you've gone on your journeys that you're still holding your heads up high and doing what's right. You're such good boys, strong and true, and you have integrity and honor. I hope that wherever you are, you're warm- I'm your mother, you can't blame me for worrying!- and that you're surrounded by kin who know just how wonderful you are. I hope that wherever you are, you are happy. Be that with another kin or walking alone, know this- your mother loves you."

User ImageThe acha tossed a small stone with a rough crystal growing out of it into the well. "Bloodstone, of course," she says with a small laugh, then walks away.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dear Brother,
Entry:
Hush had found the well nearly by accident, but it seems like a good idea to her. Sometimes, she's too shy to approach other kin. Sometimes, it's just hard to find the kin she wants to speak to - -considering how rarely she leaves the general safety of her den and surrounding area. After a moment, she considers who she wants to speak to today, hoping that, somehow, perhaps the Motherfather will hear her words and carry them on, in some way or another.

"It's been some time since I've last seen you, or spoken to you... and I know you're not fond of spending time with other kin but I thought that, well.. perhaps you'd make an exception for the season. It's getting cold now, in the swamp. I know you know how to take care of yourself -- you've always been good at that but... I.." Hush pauses, letting out a breath.

"...The truth is, I miss you. I think papa misses you too, sometimes, though he's nearly as bad as you about keeping in touch. Maybe that's where you get it from," she smiles a little, wistfully. "Please come home. Just for a little while. I'll even catch you a few fresh fish, if you do, like the one I have here."

The black zikwa nudges the fish forward and feels a little silly, offering the fish to the well. But, she thinks, if she considers the offering to be for the Motherfather instead, then, well.. it doesn't seem as silly, after all.
User Image  

Owlsomniac

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:31 pm

More Love stepped up to the wishing well. She was more nervous about this than she'd expected to be, but she'd go through with it all the same.
Dear Dogfight,
Entry: "I hope you hear this and know how much I think of you. How much I look forward to talking to you again. I know it seems like a silly thing, just plain words making me smile the way yours do, but it's true! They do! I hope we have the chance to meet a lot more. A-a lot more times. I'd like to get to know you. Really know you. I hope you want that too. You make me happy. I'd like to make you smile. Or sing. Or dance or ... well. Smiling's a good start." Shifting her weight from foot to foot, she tried to think of something more clever to say, something that would prove it was really her wish he heard -- if he heard it at all -- and not just the wind. Then she thought maybe she was overthinking the whole wishing thing in general and her cheeks began to blaze. "Well, I guess that's it. Um. Bye!"  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:41 pm
Westward Bound was back. It looked like he found this soothing, or something.
Dear Shameless,
Entry: He leaned over the well nervously, a little twig of olive in his hands. "Shameless," he said, enunciating clearly over the small circle of stones. "I'm sorry if you've thought I pay too much attention to your brothers, or to Beck. It's not..." He shifted awkwardly in place, conscious of the kin milling around. "I love you. Very much. But - you must - you're a very capable kimeti," he said, tilting his head. "You're a competent hunter. Not that - not that your siblings aren't. I know you can take care of yourself, though. I know you can make your own decisions. And I don't want to be hovering over you all the time - it'd be so strange."

He pulled himself away, laughed. "I can't...I don't know what else to say," he confessed. "I hope you're happy, even though we both have...responsibilities, and we don't share too many interests. I hope you rise in the ranks - I confess I don't know much about Longclaw's hunters. I hope you can find it within you to - to - " He faltered, again. "I hope you hunt well," Sun said awkwardly, clearly changing the subject. "And I hope my shelter is enough for you."  

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:20 pm
Dear Flame of the West,
Entry: "Um - but - " said Westward Bound, a little confused. The line was nonexistent today. "I have a wish?"

And again, it was for one of his offspring. Yeah, he was definitely the sentimental one around Westfen. "For Flame of the West." Whose naming dream had taken after his own, it seemed. "I'm...I'm um. I know I don't really know how to talk to you. Sometimes it seems..." He trailed off. "I love you. Every time you're out I worry about you - but every time you come back you're fine. You'd think I'd have learned by now, right?" He scuffed a hoof against the ground. "I hope you continue to be able to trust your instincts - I hope you don't see unexpected caimans. I hope you're prosperous, and that you can continue to benefit from Westfen."

Who was he kidding? Flame of the West was certainly one of the more prominent hunters. "I know I'm easily distracted. But you're still my son. I hope you can come to me, when you need it."

That worked, right?  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:38 pm
Dear Beck,
Entry: Westward Bound had the circle of rocks to himself again. "Beck," he said. "You're last because I have the least to say to you. I guess that shouldn't surprise either of us - I spend so much time with you. It's been...you've been my apprentice for a long time, haven't you? Honestly - I think you're ready. You're so very clever, and so very prepared. I know you can succeed. It's just that I'm a little nervous to let you go. But I shouldn't be. I hope the coming year means you do set out on your own, and bring back your offering. You know that I'll be proud of you anyway." He'd taught her himself, after all. "I hope you find it within you to trust your own abilities, and to join Westfen fully. I'll...I'll always take care of you."  

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:49 pm
Dear Oathkeeper,
Entry: It might've been late in the day, but Westward Bound refused to miss out on this little circle of rocks. He smiled nervously at the doe keeping vigil over it. "Hey," he told her. "Today - today I'm making a wish for Oathkeeper."

Then he turned to the well itself. "Oathkeeper, I can't explain - I can't explain how strange it felt to meet you. You are so sweet and dedicated and furious, and you already know that I find it so admirable, even if it's the exact thing that keeps you away from Westfen. That's all right. I miss you, though. I hope that you're prosperous, and that you stop meeting bucks who're awful to you. Like..." Well, like him, a little bit. Although he hadn't spent time with other does in that way. "And I hope, very much, that we see each other much more when spring comes again."

It was a silly wish, wasn't it? "Your children are doing well," he added. He wasn't sure if she cared, but she at least - she at least had liked that he'd gone out and sought a mare to bless her. "They're clever, talented...I haven't seen No Bloodstains in over a year, but I hope you've crossed paths. I hope you recognize him." He fell silent. "I hope you understand that I love you, Oathkeeper."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2015 7:06 pm
Dear Longclaw,
Entry: Westward Bound had brought a long hawk feather (dipped in berry juice for brilliant color) with him today, tucked under his ear. As he approached he shook it out and watched it fall to the ground in the middle of the well, where it joined the other offerings that'd been brought by other kin.

User Image

"Longclaw," he said. "You're so very tireless, and I know - I know leading Westfen for so long has been a burden for you. Each of your hunters is fantastically talented, and you've provided for us for so long. You've resolved disputes for so long. I appreciate it a lot, you know. Well, you do, but. What I mean to say is..." He indicated the feather with his head, imagining Longclaw there before him. "I don't know if your teacher ever presented you with one of these. So I'd like to, in her name. I know nothing of hunting, or of leading. Well - I think I'm trying to get better at that second one. But I know that we don't sit around appreciating you enough. Of course - of course we all have work to do. We have roles to fulfill, to guard against the next disaster, and ensure that Westfen comes out on top. But I think it's important to remember just how important each of us are to each other, in the long scheme."

He took a breath. "You are my brother-in-arms," he added. "You always will be. I hope you continue to guide Westfen well, and that you appreciate my presence in turn, in the year to come."  

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

thyPOPE
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:43 pm
Dear Time to Go,
Entry: "Thank you," said Westward Bound, as he approached Wishing Well. He smiled at her - her booth had been pretty unpopular, but he appreciated its presence.

He was carrying a bundle of pelts, and in it was a white dragonfly's corpse. He pushed it, with its delicate wings, into the circle of stones. "And thank you, Time to Go. It's a joy to think about how dedicated you've become, to the purposes of Westfen. We all appreciate your toiling very much - I do especially. These past few weeks we've been hard at work together, and I hope that you have time to yourself in the coming year. You are so very tireless, and your expertise has helped me out very much, even as bountiful as Westfen's territory is." He scuffed his hoof on the ground, tapping the well lightly. "Thanks for accompanying me, and for chaperoning me. I know I can trust you, and that's one of the highest marks of regard I can give."

User Image  
Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces