Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:31 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dude Food was hiding.

The second his mother had announced she was going to be a Special Cooking Contest Sunday, he’d plastered a grin on his face, said a joke or two and then quickly headed into his room, packed a backpack and, in the most stunning display of athleticism he would ever achieve, rolled out the window to freedom.

Usually he’d be fine with slapping some food together, maybe a burger and chips. But he didn’t like to be rushed and today he didn’t feel like dealing with the over-competitive insanity of his siblings. He just wanted a quiet day to himself.

So Dude Food had run (puffing all the way let’s be honest) to not the first park he found, he wasn’t that dumb, but the second, where there was a rather nice playground including a roomy little tunnel. Within moments he was settled and the various snacks he’d smuggled along with him were laid out for selection.

Biblioburro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Royal was not hiding. At least he had no intention of hiding. He had spent a whole hour not-hiding on the swings, and then had to spend another hour brushing his hair on top of the slide awning as swinging had made a total mess of it. Now he was trying to waste an hour wandering aimlessly around the playground.

He wasn't hiding, but he wasn't planning on going home either.

Home wasn't consistently bad. Yeah Damsel's dolls creeped the bajesus out of him, and yes his brother's earnestness and sister's... dragon-ness were a tad draining, that wasn't exactly the issue. At home there were bugs. Lots, and lots, of bugs. An exorbitant amount of bugs. 6000 ladybugs to be exact. An online order had exploded in the kitchen, and while his mother seemed delighted, he was... was there one specific word for 'terrified beyond reason'? He was that thing. Regardless of what anyone said, he swore he has been bitten by one of those little monsters before, so he was not sticking around.

Royal had told his mother (from the opposite side of the room) that he had plans and thus could not help her collect the scattered hellspawn strewn across the kitchen. Before she had answered he had ducked out of the room and into the safety of anywhere else but there.

Which was why it was a real pity that the tunnel he had planned on whittling away an hour in was occupied. The sky had gotten darker, hinting at rain. Well looked like weather was making his choice for him.

"Pardon me, pet, but I was wondering if you wouldn't mind sharing-" The sky rumbled behind him. Which meant Dude was going to have to scoot over because he now had a roommate.

Ruriska

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:28 am
The last thing Dude Food had expected was company but perhaps he should have, taking into consideration that his hiding place was in a local and usually quite busy park. If the weather hadn’t been what it was, there probably would have been children running screaming everywhere.

He made not a bit of fuss and shifted aside, pushing the various packets of chips and lollies in the space beneath his legs where he’d propped them up on the curve of the tunnel. “There you go,” he said, reorganizing his backpack as a makeshift pillow. Well, if it did start raining he’d at least be comfortable.

"I’ve got Jujyfruits, corn chips, jellybeans, salted caramel pretzels, banana lollies and two Chupa Chubs- cola and strawberries and cream flavours, I think. Take your pick." He gave his trademark lazy grin, eyelids half-dropping and expression so relaxed that it almost looked as if he could fall asleep right then and there.

"And the name’s Dude Food."

Biblioburro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:07 pm
Well he certainly was more welcoming than Royal would have been in the same situation. Though, Royal also likely wouldn't have been housing a whole host of health code violations in a dirty playground tunnel. Though, that thought hardly stopped him from reaching out for a strawberry and cream lolly with a quiet "Thanks."

At least Dude gave him a great conversation topic so that they did not spend the whole storm in silence, jamming sweets into their faces.

"Charmed," He flipped his hair dramatically, running a hoof back through it for an effortless, rumpled look that he had spent hours in front of the mirror practicing. "I'm Royal We. However for you, just Royal is fine." Yess! Cool and nonchalant introduction achieved. And he managed not to ruin it by smiling like the excited dweeb he felt like. Ten points for Royal.

And minus one-hundred points for squeaking in terror at a clash of thunder that was far too close for his liking. A blanket of rain dropped down just outside of their shelter and unconsciously Royal inched closer to Dude as he was both dry, and something to latch onto in the total not-fear Royal was experiencing.

Ruriska

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:34 pm
Dude Food probably would have been more than happy to sit in silence jamming sweets into his face but conversation was also good and knowing the name of your hideaway companion was always a bonus. "Okay then, Royal." He had noticed the hair flick but made the presumption that the other colt was just getting a kink out of his neck. "Nice to meet ya."

His words were partially drowned by the booming thunder and he leaned slightly to the side to reach out with a hoof to catch some of the rain as it plummeted from the sky. “I should have checked the weather forecast,” he mentioned absently as the rain drummed loudly on the roof of their shelter.

"You okay?" He asked, the terrified squeak that Royal had made finally filtering through his thoughts of his family wondering where he’d gone to during a thunder storm. Ma was not going to be happy.

Biblioburro

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:18 pm
No, he was doing it wrong. He was supposed to be enchanted, and awed by Royal's beauty. He should write down poems in it's honor. But, soft! what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Royal we is radiant as
"Pshaw. I'm perfectly fine. I can't see why you would ever assume otherwise." The wind howled outside and he clung to the other foal. "I'm just peachy keen. Sunshine and dasies. Are you sure you're not projecting your own worries onto me? That seems awfully rude."

Ruriska

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:14 pm
Should he try to make a break for it? He would be drenched by the time he got home but it would be more comfortable there than in this tunnel. He thought about it for a moment and came to the decision to wait it out. The alternative was too much effort. First he'd have to convince Royal to come with him, then there was the running part and explaining everything to his mother while soaking wet- nah, the storm wouldn't last forever and he could face his doom without the extra effort.

"Yeah," Dude Food drawled as the weather worsened by the second, "that would be super rude." But he didn't mention the fact that the other foal was currently clinging to his side and opened the bag of pretzels instead. After shoving some in his mouth, he wordlessly offered some to Royal.

He munched through the pretzels and turned his attention to some of the sweets. "It's just a passing storm." He hoped. "Give it twenty minutes." If the other colt wouldn't admit to being scared, that was fine. "You could take a nap." They both could. It was a great time waster.

Biblioburro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 7:17 pm
If he thought Royal was going to make it ten feet out of that tunnel he was certainly missing some very crucial information. Namely that Royal loathed rain. He hated the feeling of cold wet fur, he hated the lightening, and the thunder, and above all else he hated the mud. If Dude left then he would steal every single snack he had and hunker down for a miserable night of being a coward all on his own.

It was a blessing that they would be sticking in one place, and even more so that Dude was kind enough not to point out how much of a baby Royal was being over a little rain. Or not a little rain, it really was coming down out there. Turned out tunnels didn't retain heat that well. He really needed to start picking his hiding places better.

Royal shook his head when offered more snacks. He was still making his way through the candy and rather not mix flavors like that. "No... no to both really. I don't think I could really sleep like this." Flinching away with each rumble of thunder wasn't his idea of a good time. Neither was sitting in a hole for twenty minutes. So he did the best thing he knew to do, he babbled. "I'm sure we can wait it out just fine, after all we're hardly alone. We've plenty of food and conversation to tide ourselves over. like... er..." Crap crap, think of something. Look for anything! Royal's eyes caught all the food and the backpack and in a stunning display of situational awareness wondered about someone that wasn't himself. Amazing.

"Like that bag of yours. Or this whole set up really. Odd place to set up camp."

Ruriska

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:33 pm
So no napping. Such a shame. Maybe he’d sneak one in anyway…

Dude Food’s eyelids drooped, as if just the thought of a nap was enough to send him off to sleep but what he was really doing was pondering Royal’s questioning because yes it probably did look a bit odd. Then he had to decide on how many beans he spilled on the subject and then he started thinking about how good it would be to have a bean and cheese quesadilla right now.

All in all, it took him a good few solid minutes to say anything but when he did, it was with complete honesty.

"I’m running away for- well, longer than expected. It was just going to be a few hours but with this," he stared out at the sheets of rain, "well, I don’t know. I just didn’t want to cook against my siblings again. I really didn’t feel like it and mum doesn’t listen, she thinks I need more of a competitive streak but that’s just not me."

Then he leaned sideways and casually leaned his weight against Royal’s because the other colt was already so close they might as well snuggle.

Biblioburro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:22 pm
Maybe a sign that he wasn't completely ignoring Royal would have been good, since those few minutes of silence were spent with him mentally berating himself over the question as if he had somehow managed to say the Most Offensive Thing Ever™ and thus Dude wanted nothing more to do with him. Best not to toy with the heart of a foal on edge. Especially not Royal, who was ready to get dramatic up in their tiny little tube.

So it was lucky that Dude tapped in when he did.

"Oh, that's a shame, but you seem old enough to know not to run from your problems. I can't imagine a little competition could be much worse than holing up here of all places." Royal chuckled, as if he were a wizened adult imparting some life lesson on a foolish foal. And it was absolutely ruined by his terrified shriek at the flash of light from outside. But this was okay. He could compose himself. If he pretended it never happened hard enough then his pretending would become a reality. "I mean... it's rather foolish to toddle off like that when you'll have to go back anyway. Only silly little babies are dumb enough-" There was another clash of thunder, it felt almost as if it were above them. So hopefully Dude didn't mind his very new royal shaped scarf, it was soft as downy rabbit fur, but unfortunately there it had a vibration feature that didn't seem able to turn off. 3/10 stars.

"This is it." Royal whined, "The gods are finally punishing me for my hubris. I'm going to die alone and uglycrying under smoldering playground equipment. I'm toooo preeeeeeeettty for thiiiissss!!!" This was what he got for trying to play all high and mighty. He got to blubber into the shoulder of someone he barely knew. "I didn't mean iiiiiii-iii-iiiit!"

Ruriska

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 3:13 am
As Royal We spoke, Dude Food found himself listening and was filled with, what was this emotion again, oh right, annoyance. He’d just been called a ‘silly little baby’ despite letting out his honest feelings and didn’t think it was fair of anyone to judge him for that. So, yeah, rather than say anything he’d grabbed a bag of snacks and hidden himself at the park. It wasn’t as if he hadn’t mentioned his feelings before it was just that his mother didn’t want to hear them.

He grunted a bit as Royal We practically draped himself across his shoulders and you know what make it a 2/10 because there was a lot of whining going on and it was happening right in his ear. Dude Food sighed and slumped sideways and whether Royal We went with him or not he didn’t really care.

“Please be quiet!” He didn’t quite snap but it certainly had more force than his usual drawl. His cheek was now resting on the floor of the tunnel and he was getting a little bit of rain on his face but he didn’t mind. “You’re not going to die alone because you’re not going to die. We’re both fine. It’s just rain and you’re not too pretty for me to shove you out of here.” Not that he was in a position to at the moment nor would be really do it but it felt good to say.

For a second.

Ugh. Guilt.

“You know why I’m here being a dumb baby, now you tell me your story.” Anything to distract him from the thunderstorm and stop the crying.

Biblioburro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:10 am
Oh he was coming with, neither of them would like it, and this whole tube experience would be the worst thing ever. Then they would die under mysterious circumstances in a charred, warped playground tube. At least he stopped whimpering.

Upside, Dude was very soft and made a nice pillow. Downside, there was no cool act in the world that could save his ego.

Oh well, time to huck it all. Wouldn't be the first time he made a complete butt of himself in front of a total stranger. Wouldn't be the last either.

"Well you see..." He settled into a low groaning sound that was not unlike that of an over worked air conditioner. His hooves kicked at the plastic tube, lashing out on an inanimate object rather than face the whole bit where he had to be a big kid and admit things.

This was a tantrum.

"I'm a silly little baby too." Resignation clung to his voice as he slumped off of Dude to lie limp beside him. Continuing his baby tantrum was really not helping his case. "My mother unleashed a plague of locus upon our house, surely they're picking the bones of my beloved siblings clean as we speak." He didn't have the emotional energy to even work with his usual tone and grandiose form of gesture, really even this line of lying was running thin. "Ladybugs. They're ladybugs. They're small and harmless and do literally nothing but they scare the poop outta me. And now there are thousands of them coating the kitchen walls because it was either her bugs or my leg warmers arriving today and lets just say I guessed wrong." At least the whiny baby had tuckered himself out. "I was scared to touch them so I lied and ducked out. There you go. That's my story. I'm a weenie coward who ditched his own mom on a crucial bug wrangling mission because BUGS ARE GROSS!"

Ruriska

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:25 am
Dude Food wasn’t sure whether to feel vindicated or further annoyed by Royal’s dramatic reveal of his own personal crisis: the dreaded ladybugs. Here he was, stuck with easily one of the most irritating someone’s he’d ever met and the reason behind it was ladybugs. A part of Dude Food wanted to say, ‘yes, you are a weenie coward who is terrified of silly harmless bugs’ and then maybe laugh but that would require more energy than he was currently capable of and the resulting guilt wouldn’t be worth the effort.

Plus there was rain droplets running down his cheek and the wanted to sneeze.

Which he did:

“Aaaachooo!”

Dude Food sniffled afterwards, sitting up and running his hoof across his nose. “Couldn’t you just go into a different room?” He asked, hoping he wasn’t coming down with a cold and eyeing his companion for further cuddling opportunities (needs must, after all). If it had been him and the kitchen had been invaded, not even the threat of giant alien centipedes would have kept him from his snacks.

Biblioburro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:41 am
Dramatics would have to be paused. If only momentarily. There were slightly more important things to attend to at the moment.

"Don't do that, it's gross." Royal rifled through a little bag he brought with, nowhere near in size to Dude's. It just had the essentials given his lack of pockets at the moment. Some hair clips, a mirror, band-aids, and most importantly, a silk handkerchief. It was a very deep red, and his initials were embroidered in the corner, shame it was mostly ever used for clean-up duty when he made his sister cry. It was almost a thoughtless action, cleaning Dude up. He wiped the water from his face, and then pressed the handkerchief to the other foal's nose. Maybe he did this a little too often with Damsel. "Now blow."

The handkerchief was not going away until Dude complied.

"And no I can't go in a different room. They're tiny little monsters that can crawl through doors and hide themselves in every nook and cranny in the place, waiting for their chance to swarm and-" Deep breath. Royal forced himself to stop, and sucked air in slowly in his nose and out his mouth. No need going into yet another panic. "They're gross. You're less gross. Slightly. So here I am."

Ruriska

Biblioburro

Garbage Human

17,050 Points
  • Punk Patrol 250
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Team Jacob 100

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:20 am
Dude Food’s surprise was a slow thing, a droopy-eyed look in which he considered both the handkerchief and Royal. The action seemed natural, the other foal performing it with such quick, thoughtless ease that it seemed wrong to treat it as anything strange, so Dude Food rolled with it. He blew into the handkerchief and uttered a soft, “thanks.”

He hunkered down, squishing up against his backpack and watching Royal We with a slightly bemused expression, uncertain whether to be annoyed or not and then deciding it wasn’t worth the effort. “I- thank you?” He shook his head, glad to be slightly less gross than a ladybug which he hardly considered gross at all.

At least the storm was easing. The lighting and thunder had passed by, leaving only the rain, still pummeling down.

It didn’t seem like a good idea to talk about ladybugs anymore and while Dude Food would have been happy to go to sleep, he doubted Royal would let him go at it for long. Which meant they should talk or rather, he’d let Royal talk about himself and maybe sneak in a nap.

“What’s your favourite-”

“There you are!”

“-aaah!” Dude Food wasn’t prone to surprised shouting but when your mother sticks her head into tunnel you’re hiding in, drenched by the rain and looking very unhappy, you make some noise.

“I can’t believe you! Out in a storm like this! Your father and I were worried sick.” Pink Lemonade only spared Royal the slightest glance before she continued on her tirade. “It is not okay for you to just disappear. Anything could have happened to you. Up, let’s go, we’re going home- and you,” now she pinned Royal with a disapproving mother’s glare, “should also be at home. Hurry up, both of you.”

Biblioburro

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces