Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply My Little Phony
[Loyalty] Fair Game (Torchwood/Bullseye)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:23 pm
The winter carnival was happening soon! With the holiday season just around the corner, a group of phonies were coming together to make a temporary winter themed carnival to celebrate the season. It was just the beginning stages really, a few vendors were set up around the midway rides of the park. A few booths were for food and already set up, but others were just in the process.

Torchwood, had heard about it at school when an older mare came by looking for volunteers to help out. He had spent most of the afternoon helping build the set up; though he was too small to really do much of the building, many of his tasks were cutting paper snowflakes and taping them up.

While crafting, he heard a small commotion, and the jangling sound of tin cans falling to the ground.

FrostyPeaches
This looked bigger before I posted it XD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:51 pm

User Image
      Winter time was just as good as any time of the year for this little filly. Her drive to win as many games at the carnival was through the roof. While she had to maintain her 'ladylike' manners, she could not control her competitiveness.

This time however, she was assigned by her teacher to set up a booth of Can Can, a game where players throw a ball or beanbag at them to knock them all over.

Bullseye's voice was a bit demanding as she was still mad at her teacher's choice for this game was last on her volunteer list. "Why can't she put me for Balloon darts or Ring toss? Even the rubber ducks at the Duck Pond would have kept me happy."

She gave a glare at her lazy classmates that were just standing there talking and not helping out at all. "I wish I could do this alone," she said out loud on purpose for the other two to hear.

Picking up her first tin can, she placed it on the shelf and went to get her next one. It was almost placed down when she felt a rubber ball brush by her mane, missing the tin can she placed a few seconds ago. "Ugh, would you guys stop that and so some actual work?!"

zippedsiren
Ahh no no it's fine. XD sorry i ran to take a shower.
maybe he could defend her and the two go off to play other games later to end it? <3

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:00 pm
FrostyPeaches

Torchwood peered over to take a closer look at where the sound was coming from. A bunch of his peers from school also volunteered and has been set up in groups to help with different activities. It seemed like the jangling can sound had come from one the game booths.

As he got closer, he heard the irritated voice of one of the girl's. One blue filly was busy trying to set up the game while the rest of her group seemed to be happy to toss balls at her head and stand around giggling.

The unicorn colt himself was a hard worker, it riled him up to see so many just slacking off. More than just slacking, they were either purposely destroy the game or hit the filly; neither were acceptable!

Intervening, he tried to approach the group, first with a peacefully act of diplomacy. "You know, maybe it'd be more fun to throw the ball when the game is actually ready? And you know, you pay to play. It's for a good cause."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:16 pm

She had tried to keep her cool but fifteen minutes had already gone by and her group got nothing done. If they don't hurry the teacher will come by and scold at them for goofing off. She for one, would never goof off until the task was finished first.

During the time her classmates has wasted, she had managed to use a piece of cardboard that was ripped from the box to use as a shield. Bullseye picked up most of the plastic balls and plopped them outside of their stall, letting them scatter all over the ground. It was just enough to buy herself some time to finish setting up the tin cans in neatly spaced little pyramids.

Of course, it didn't go her way as expected. The bottom shelf's cans get knocked down again, leaving them rolling and spiraling down onto the floor...

She gave a big sigh and tried to stop herself from wanting to beat up the nearest slacker. It was then that she heard a voice defending her. Turning around, she noticed the grey unicorn from some of her classes. Ah Torchwood! She didn't say anything but greeted him with a smile while shielding herself before turning back to face her lazy butt classmates. "Get to work! The teacher will be here soon!"

zippedsiren

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:31 pm
FrostyPeaches

The response he got from the group was a laugh, as they continued to just sit there. "Nah, this is more fun, she likes right right? Set'em up, knock'em down, it's all part of them game. Good practice right?," a punkish yellow colt replied. One of the girl with him giggled, as if the response was actually funny.

"Yeah, I don't think she does like it at all." Torchwood glanced back to Bullseye and gave a week smile. "I think you should do what she'd asked and help out?"

Again, his polite request was met with the same response as before, just giggling. 'AAAARGH', Torchwood thought, these guys really were the worst. He didn't know how Bullseye could have handled it for even a minute.

But, Torchwood was the practical sort, so where he there was a problem, he had answers. "Fine. You wanna just lay about and joke, okay. But you're not helping anyone here. Why don't we trade, you can go cut the snowflakes and put them up places and I'll do this? The snowflakes are basically done anyways..."

The unicorn turned his back on the group, and rolled his eyes. Then, he rolled up his proverbial sleeves and started to help out. The unicorn used his magic to gather a basket up and started picking up the balls. "I'm sorry you got stuck with those jerks."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:01 pm

It occurred to her that she was quite mad at first, but as time went on, she managed to control her temper and just kept a smile on her face. Putting the cans into pyramids again, this time with a new classmate. "Nah, don't be, I have grown used to it by now," she replied.

He seemed to be capable of doing simple tasks like stacking tin cans without taking breaks like her. She liked that. Bullseye wouldn't be surprised if Torchwood knew the 'work hard, play hard' motto.

She was still shielding herself as the snickering and giggling was still heard but then went quiet. No balls were thrown her way either... Peeking over her shoulder to see what's going on, she noticed that they have left.

"Oh, they must have taken up your offer to go there and do nothing," she said to the unicorn, finally being able to put down her cardboard shield. Tin cans floated in the air and onto the shelf. Soon it was all done and all set.

"Must be handy at times to be able to use little bits of magic like that huh?" she asked Torchwood, and handed him a juicebox from under the table. "I hid all three of them while they are not looking." She gave him a wink, and took a sip of apple juice out of the straw.

zippedsiren

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:55 pm
FrostyPeaches

His motto was more, work hard and then work hard some more, maybe there is time prepare for tomorrow. The colt diligently set to work cleaning up the booth and setting things right as Bullseye finished preparing the game.

" Good riddance to them, as useless as ants on a log."When all was done, he was glad for a rest and wiped a little bit of sweat off his brow. Torchwood as happy to sit for a moment and gladly accepted a juice box from Bullseye. "Ha, yeah magic helps a little bit with some of the trickier things, but good old fashioned elbow grease is just as good." As he looked around, he had to admire their handy work, "things look great for just the two of us. I definitely think we earned these."

"If you need some help running the game too, .. I doubt you've get it from them, so I won't mind conscripting myself to the cause."  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:56 pm

Ahha, there they are - drips of hardworking sweat. But alas, she had nothing she could offer and just let him wipe away his own sweat with his leg. As for her, she fanned herself with the cardboard. A cool breeze was just what she needed as she finished her juicebox in big gulps.

"You don't say," she replied, totally agreeing with him. "If those two slackers come back, wanna take turns being bouncers for this booth? Unless they end up paying to play of course."

She looked at his horn and absorbed the whole situation. A good sport like him, she'd definitely hire him on the spot in the future. Once she is old enough to open her own shooting gallery that is. She'd own it but it would also become part of the amusement park.

Bullseye smiled. "Of course," she went on, "getting things done without magic will make any phony feel proud." She gave him a pat on his shoulder. "If you want the last juicebox, be my guest. Here comes the teach. I'd definitely tell her that you helped me out. And not those two bozos."

zippedsiren

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:08 pm
FrostyPeaches
I think we're good here! Unless you want to add something to close! THANK YOU heart

EDIT: yes we can totally do something again in the future when they are grown

The unicorn guzzled down his drink, and gratefully accepted the last juice box. "I could definitely be into that. It sounds like fun actually, keep the trouble makers at bay. Plus, with the two of use, rebuilding the displays when they get knocked down would be a snap."As Torchwood happily sipped on his well-earned juice, their teacher/supervisor strolled by.

"Very nice you two. This looks excellent and a lot of fun. I'm sure you'll be busy bees tomorrow!" She nodded approvingly at their hard work, hardly noticing that it wasn't the group that was original signed up to complete the task that actually did the work.

When Torchwood was finished, he thanked the teacher with a nod and turned to Bullseye. "Awesome! We're a good pair, it'd nice to work with someone that cares about the quality of work their doing, even if it's just for a game." And with that, he held up his hoof to high-five her.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:12 pm

Bullseye nodded at his response. "I'd love to work with you together again sometime. Perhaps tomorrow when the booths are open to the school and the public?" She did love how efficient they worked together as a pair.

"Teach, it wasn't us, just Torch and me did it all. You can't give credit to those that aren't even here," she told her in a stern tone. Never will she give credit toward slackers.

The filly turned herself around to see a high five in the air and completed it with a sturdy clap of her hoof back at the unicorn. "Whenever you are in need of a partner, just call for me!" she grinned and did a cartwheel right on the narrow counter top.

Quote:
i will do a closing post to finish his high five to her <3 and since you did opening post, i can close it for you (: umm when i wake up the next day that is.
should be okay for you to send Torch off to get him in line for the growth magic happenings (:
and i can have her have future meetups with this bab again. i can't wait to see how he will turn out X3

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items