Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] First Impressions (Torbjorn of Bear Clan & Michiko)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alanna the Pirate Queen

Feral Vampire

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:36 am
User Image
(( Teepee ))

User Image
(( Teepee ))

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 10:21 am
Torbjorn sighed, standing on the edge of an outcropping that rose above the forest below him. He usually did not dwell on the passing of Hjuren. The bear familiar had lived well; they had traveled, grew, and fought together. Due to his sacrifice, they fortunately needn't have died together as well. Nevertheless, the pain of loss was still fresh and his quest for a new familiar seemed slightly marred by the emotion.

But with a sharp shake of his head, Bear banished the thought from his mind. Now was the time to think of the future, to look beyond himself. The herd needed him to return soon, but he could not without his totem. Alas, though he knew he could not find his totem simply standing around, he couldn't tear himself away from this spot. It was where he had first encountered Hjuren, and something in him felt that this was the spot to be right now.  

Alanna the Pirate Queen

Feral Vampire

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:44 am
Michiko was quietly approaching the top of the bluff near where she currently dwelled, as she was rather fond of resting up there, to watch the day's scenery, see what changed with each passing day. It was almost a game for her, trying to spot as many changes as she could, no matter how small. It was amazing, really, how much a forest could change over the course of one night or day.

Just before she came around the last bend of the rocky path she took to the top, she heard a sigh. Some one else was there? Who was it, one of her children, or even Regulus? Or a stranger? She carefully stuck her head around the rock, and spotted the large male standing right next to her usual resting spot. Hmmmm. A stranger then... He didn't LOOK dangerous, he had no pelt, no signs of fangs or kalona lineage, but looks could be deceiving.

She thought about it for a minute, then gave a mental shrug. She was far enough back that, should he show signs of aggression when she called attention to her presence that she could flee. And if not, well a new acquaintance was fine with her. After a moment's careful consideration, she withdrew her head, and quietly paced back five steps... Then began to move forwards again, making sure her hoofbeats were audible now.

[color=#4b8e46][/color]

Alanna the Pirate Queen
Please to quote me for future tags, otherwise I am TERRIBLE about remembering to check. @_@ -Loves to RP. Has the memory of a dead goldfish far too often.-

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:22 pm
The wind sang so softly through the trees, creating a symphony of creaks and rustles that drowned out all other sound. Torbjorn was a large stallion, even for draft standards, and he rarely worried enough to keep a sharp ear out to his surroundings. As such, the stranger's first approach went entirely unnoticed. However, the loud hoofbeats of the second approach were unmistakable.

Nevertheless, Bear barely turned his head, glancing over his shoulder only to make sure the incomer wasn't a Skinwalker. Noting the interesting tail, but lack of pelt, Bear simply swung his gaze back to the forest laid out before him and grunted, "'Evenin'. Nice day, innit?" He wasn't sure if he wanted company at the moment, but perhaps it could be nice. It was such a beautiful view after all; sharing it would only serve to make it better. With that thought in mind, he shifted slightly to the left, leaving a good deal of space for the new arrival if they wanted to join him.

Lady Aria Starstone
Oki doki! ^_^ I have the same issue, so you should always feel free to poke me if I seem to take too long to reply. <3 Knowing that someone is waiting on me makes me more excited to get to it... *laughs*

Alanna the Pirate Queen

Feral Vampire

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:31 pm
Michi nodded, and quietly walked up to where she usually settled down to relax, but didn't lay down. "It is quite the lovely day, sir." She said in a polite tone. "And this is a place with a lovely view of the lands around us, so it makes for a nice place to visit." She tilted her head, studding the draft out of the corner of her eye. He certainly was a big fellow, but she wasn't worried about it. He seemed friendly enough so far.

"I do not believe I have seen you here before. I am Michiko, and you? What brings you to this particular rocky outcropping?"

alanna the pirate queen
I'll do mah best! <3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:20 pm
Torbjorn glanced at his company again as the new Soq walked up to stand beside him. At first look, Bear would have assumed it was just a stallion. After all, they had the build of a stallion. But there was something... something so very subtle... that told Bear otherwise. Perhaps it was the way they walked, the way they talked, the way they held themselves, but there was something distinctly feminine about it all. In his herd, all were accepted equally, though it was expected for most to find a way to procreate simply for the sake of propagating their traditions. Torbjorn's tastes tended towards stallions, though he courted mares for herdly reasons. Well, best not to assume anything about anyone; it always seemed to make a fool out of everyone involved.

So he simply nodded and flicked his eyes back to the scenery, replying shortly, "Well met, Michiko". He paused to think for a moment-- that was a mare's name, was it not? Alas, he let it fall aside again. Usually, these things were made apparent as time passed.

"Met someone here once, who 'came very dear to me. He's since joined the stars. I s'pose..." Torbjorn hesitated for a moment as his answer became less clear. Why was he here? After searching through all the vague feelings his usually stoic heart was feeling, Bear settled on, "I s'pose I'm here to mourn."

After another moment's pause, he coughed a little, as though slightly uncomfortable with sharing such weakness. Attempting to seem nonchalant about it all, he added, " 'N you?"

Lady Aria Starstone

Alanna the Pirate Queen

Feral Vampire

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:06 pm
Michiko listened to his words, tilting her head so that the locks of hair on the side of her head fell to one side, letting her look sidelong at him. "My sorrows for your loss. It is always hard to lose one who is dear to you, and no words can truly convey how you feel. I hope your grief fades in time, and your memories of your companion remain strong in the joys he brought you."

She looked out at the valley, noting to herself that the stranger had not given her his name in return for hers. "I... I am here to watch. I live near here, and daily come here to see, to observe, and to seek the changes that were brought upon these lands. It is a good place to do that from." She used a hoof to gesture at one specific tree. "There, for instance... Yesterday, most of her leaves were still on her branches, in full color... Today, all but a few have fallen." She nods a little, and sets her hoof back down. "It helps me know what is coming, in many ways, for the weather."

Alanna the Pirate Queen

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:52 pm
Torbjorn listened intently to the other Soq's words. Though it wasn't very apparent on his ever-stoic face, it could be seen in the way both of his ears swiveled in their direction, as though to catch each syllable. He enjoyed the way they spoke; the words were beautiful in a way he never felt he could achieve. After their condolences, he simply nodded, but the slight flick of his tail in Michiko's direction could have been taken as a subtle thank you for the kindness. He never had been very good with expressing actual feelings.

In turn, he listened to the description offered as to their reason for being out today. It was an interesting concept-- to come to the same spot every day just to see what was different. He had never thought much to pay such close attention to these minute details. However, now that Michiko had brought his attention to them, Bear felt as though he could barely keep himself from beginning the habit as well. His eyes followed the gesturing hoof and he nodded again, interested in how this new Soq was able to remember such tiny features of the forest. "That's quite the skill, Michiko. Only the eagle totems in my herd would be able to see such details."

At this, he paused, suddenly realizing he hadn't introduced himself in return, " 'Pologies, my thoughts were occupied. The name's Torbjorn, by the way. Friends call me Bear, if it's easier on the tongue." He offered a slight smile at that and looked back out over the forest, "So... what else do you see today?"

Lady Aria Starstone

Alanna the Pirate Queen

Feral Vampire

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:31 pm
She saw his reactions... Her whole reason behind her coming up here, to observe, was to keep her skills at spotting small details sharp. It carried over into her abilities with others. She was not one to get caught by... unpleasant surprises, not at this point in her life. His tail flick gained a small smile, as she noted it.

When he complimented her, she smiled, a slow but warm smile. "Thank you. I consider my observational skills to be of great importance, and wish to hone them daily." She blinked at the comment about eagle totems, not truly understanding it, but knowing eagles had excellent vision. "I would that I had the eyes of an eagle."

"Torbjorn... It is a good name, a strong name." She smiles a little. "I will call you Bjorn, if that is permissible? Bjorn means Bear, does it not? So it would be between the two." She paused, then added "If you dislike it, of course, I will not call you that." She then turns her eyes back out over the forest. "Mmm many things... All indicating fall is coming to her close, and winter is making his way in. Other trees who are shedding their leaves... plants that show signs of recent frosts in the morning." She nods towards a few. "And of course, all the small animals scurrying to get that last bit of hoard laid aside, or fat put on before the cold sets in."

Alanna the Pirate Queen

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:54 pm
Lady Aria Starstone
Are you still interested in continuing this? o.o School has finally let up a bit and I'm musing so hard... <3 Just let me know! It's okay if you've lost the inspiration for this one. smile

Torbjorn couldn't help but smile a little as Michiko did. They were very easy to be next to, quite pleasant really. There was nothing prying about their presence, nothing overly excitable... it was simply as it was. Bjorn was not much of a deep thinker, but he wasn't a ham-headed brute either. It was just most of his thoughts tended to be occupied with his herd and how everyone at home was, and when he would find his new bear partner. It was nice to take a break from the thoughts of responsibility for a moment.

He nodded slowly and turn his head to look at Michiko now as he spoke, "Our eagle totems feel quite 'de same, I believe. Their eagle partners often share wit' them the details of what they see... to bring their Soq some fulfillment to that feeling".

The smile became a little lopsided as he continued, replying to the ramblings about his name with a simple, "Very little bothers me; Bjorn it is".

Looking back out at the scene below him, he nodded at Michiko's observations, perhaps not being able to see them himself, but knowing it was likely true. With fall coming to a close... he would be hard pressed to find his partner once the snows set in... a slightly worried look clouded his face for a moment as he pondered the likelihood of having to live another two seasons as half a clan-member.  

Alanna the Pirate Queen

Feral Vampire

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces