Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guardian_Iris
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:35 pm
A New Sheriff in Town

The escalating hostility affecting the entire island has created a need for attention that can no longer go ignored. And even within Laisidhiel, it has become apparent even more so. The Chieftain can't be everywhere at once while still handling civil duties and new discoveries. He has enough on his plate.

A new form of authority is needed within Laisidhiel to allow the Circle the crucial time and attention for their own duties required of them. Traitors, sympathizers, spies and enemies among the Faun leave the entire community at risk and vulnerable to another attack. Criminals need to be weeded out and dealt with.

It is time the Faun appointed their own law enforcer.

What is going on?
  • This is an official meeting for the Circle to discuss the need for a Warden and who should fill it.

Who should participate?
  • Chief Rais (Teigra)
  • Seer Vanya (Teigra)
  • Advisor Mo (Seruta)
  • Captain Gulliver (Shicala)
  • Invite players as necessary depending on the direction of the RP.

How to participate
    Characters will discuss among themselves the need for a Warden and their recommendations.
  • There will be no post order in an attempt to keep the RP from lulling.

Goal
    The Goal of this Notice is to appoint a Warden
    *note: The Warden will not be part of the Inner Circle, but will be a part of the Outer Circle

Why?
  • The Warden will be in charge of the Root Cellar and any criminals. He will be the one to informally investigate internal accusations and suspicions. He will take the heat off Rais so he can be the Chief he needs to be without worrying about constant policing.

Bonus Objectives!
    These can be discussed at this meeting, but they are not required for successful completion.
  • Discuss the need for a new Geomancer and possibly speculate on where the old one went. If there are candidates, discuss those as well.
  • Discuss the need for Pathfinders (not just one) and who would be suitable candidates.

Timeline
    This meeting happens after Rais and Mo have returned from the moon tree, and after Mo and Luna's Notice. But before any other information regarding the moon tree has been leaked to the public. Thom and Faroth have been incarcerated for some time.

Teigra
Rais, Vanya

Seruta
Mo

Shicala
Gulliver

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:43 am
Gulliver walked through the Tree, he'd been summoned by Rais. He wasn't sure what the topic was he soon reached the meeting location and walked in, he greeted those already there and took a seat. He settled in and waited for the meeting to commence.  

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:58 pm
User Image

The soft glow of the lanterns lit the small room located snugly beneath the central meeting dais on the main floor. Having arrived early, shortly after sending out the call for this non-regular meeting, Chieftain Rais had taken the time in the silence and the dark to refocus and prepare for what must be discussed. He had to gather his thoughts, prepare himself for what may--

He glanced up as the Captain of the Rangers entered, looking a bit unsure about where he was or why. Granted, Rais had sent no topic for this unscheduled meeting, however, he would have thought the Captain would be used to meetings down here in the War Room by now. Though, sometimes the Captain was out on business and unable to attend...

It was strange, after all these years, the others had grown closer as true brothers and sisters, and yet...still, Gulliver seemed a stranger at times. Perhaps that was the nature of a ranger, remaining distant and on the move. However, it still troubled the Chieftain at times; he felt he hardly knew what went on in his Captain's mind. And some of the whispers he heard...

Perhaps he should have a word with him before the others arrived...

User Image

Though she rarely needed the staff within the Tree, Vanya still clutched the aid in her hands as she descended the path to the War Room. There was something reassuring about having it with her when she was forced into situations that required interacting with others and unknown topics. It was one thing to go to the bar, not looking for said interactions, but if they came, she generally knew the direction they would take. Though she trusted the Inner Circle well enough...most at least...there was still the doubt that crept in considering she had no idea what the purpose of this meeting was. This wasn't their usual scheduled update meeting...so what was this about?

She could nearly feel the tension as she entered the room, sensing only two auras before her. The Chief's was easy to recognize; it took no effort on her part anymore and she dismissed it almost immediately. She hesitated on Gulliver for a moment, then nodded briefly in greeting to them both. For some reason, she felt like she'd interrupted something, though she'd heard no voices before entering.

Odd.

Head bowed, she moved to take a seat.

Rais had been about to speak, but immediately swallowed his words as the Seer entered. She too had been acting strange as of late...for some time now, he noted, yet...was it his place to press? She'd changed, that much was clear. Withdrawn, quiet...scarcely a smile, and the ones you saw, you knew were false. Was it something personal? He didn't think it was anything to do with the Tree that he should know...she knew better than to keep secrets from him like that anymore. She'd seemed to keep doing her duty, so if it wasn't interfering with her work...

Shifting only slightly from his train of thought before, he returned her greeting verbally with a nod. "Lady Vanya." Then, he turned back to Gulliver, seeming to study him before asking, "While we're waiting...how goes the hunt? Any updates, Captain?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:40 pm
Gulliver nodded in greeting to the Seer as she entered, he didn't see much of everyone as perhaps he should. He was really the odd one out sometimes and he felt it too. He straightened up a bit more when he was addressed by Rais, "A labourous task as usual, I still have rangers combing the island for that pae Thom spoke about when I brought him here, still no sign of him outside their city unless he has the guts to enter the Dragnid and live there. That place just has this wrong feeling, I don't even make my rangers go there. "

He paused a moment and then continued "It also appears more fauny are coming home, shortly before I received your message for the meeting I saw Pinkie bringing a grey fauny in a dress into the tree."

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:40 pm
Mo yawned and stretched as the first few rays of sunlight began beaming into the room. His body gave him mild reminders of the trip as it seemed to groan in protest of moving... but there was work to be done.

Fighting back the urge to roll back over and sleep the day away, he stood and wandered to the kitchen area to grab a drink and ready for the day.

It was a quick routine. Some tea and some nuts... a brief chat and farewell to his mate as he put on his armor and then left. Same ol', same ol'... Except today was different. Today held the promise of some rather interesting conversation. Some of which he had yet to fathom as he began to close the gap to Rais' office. A familiar face hovering at eye-level forced him to stop abruptly as Rais' trusty Mellon flew in to a stop barely a few inches from his nose.

"Can I.... help you?"
he asked with a raised brow. Krikit was known for her attitude. Mo was thankful she wasn't his Mellon.

"You're late." the Mellon started with her arms crossed and seeming to tap her foot, despite the fact that she was hovering several feet in the air.

Mo quickly frowned. "I didn't have a meeting planned to be late for." he started then crossed his own arms over his chest. "Is Rais in his office? Or elsewhere? I have something impor--"

"Darn right you do!" she interrupted then smirked. "War Room. Now." She released a hand from the cross to point downward.

Holding up his hands and taking a step back. "Alright! I'm going!" He grumbled a bit as he turned, undoubtedly putting a satisfied grin on that spoiled Mellon...

He made his way quickly towards the war room and sighed. At least now he'd get a chance to talk to Rais about Celestia. Luna would want to bring her sister to the new tree, especially since they had 'discovered' it together. He was certain he already knew what Rais would say, but at least this way he can say he tried.

He pushed open the door and stopped... "Uh... Am I interrupting?" he asked, seeing more than just Rais in the war room for this unplanned meeting.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:21 pm
At Gulliver's response, Rais sighed and ran his fingers tiredly through his hair. "Of course..." He'd expected as much. No news as usual. Of course, if there was news, he'd have heard it already, he would hope. It was frustrating, being unable to do anything further as the one responsible seemed to have vanished completely. At least, as far as their reach extended. "No, of course not. There's no need to risk anyone in that place. There's been trouble enough from that direction lately without going looking for more. Besides, it's more likely he's simply hiding up in the City like a damn coward," Rais growled, tempering his growing frustration. Nothing he could do with it anyway. "I almost wish he had gone to the dark forest instead. Perhaps some twisted beast could have made a chew toy of him..."

He glanced up at Mo's entrance, his Adviser's presence reminding him of his promise to try and take a step back; to keep issues in perspective and stop getting so worked up over problems he could do little about at the moment. Taking a deep breath, he nodded to Mo in greeting as Krikit zipped over to sit on his shoulder. "Not yet, we were just chatting a bit before we get started. Take a seat, brother."

Returning to the last thing Gulliver had said as Mo entered, Rais tilted his head slightly. "More of them? After all this time? Hmm...I wonder if they hold any news of their homeland...or where they've been all this time...? Could you follow up on that later?"

He waited a moment for Mo to enter and find his seat, then cleared his throat. "Perhaps now we can get started, unless there's anything else first?"

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:55 pm
He was glad to hear Rais agreed with his decision not to make his men enter the Dragnid. Leaning forward a bit on the table Gulliver nodded "He probably is up there, but we will continue to keep our ear to the ground and an open eye, he has to come down eventually." Inwardly he laughed at the idea of a twisted beast having his way with the treacherous blood pae. "That would be too kind for him" he says quietly at the idea of it.

Gulliver turned his eyes towards Mo as he entered and nods a greeting "brother" he says as he does. It was turning out to be a familiar group sitting around the table, he wondered how many more might be joining them.

He looks back to Rais as he continues "Sure I can follow up on it, Pinkie seemed pretty excited about this one, not that she's not excited about fauny in general, but this one seemed to have particular interest with her"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:51 pm
Mo felt a small wave of relief. So the inner circle was meeting today? Interesting.

He gave a soft nod to Rais to return the greeting. "Brother." He then bowed his head slightly towards the Seer as he past her. "Lady Vanya..." he started then nodded towards Gulliver as he took his seat. "Brother."

"More...?" he asked, somewhat intrigued. "More Faunies?" He raised a brow. Seemed like there was more stragglers trickling in. First Granny Smith and now Pinkie was bringing someone in? Curious. He too wondered what they had been up to. What was taking them so long to come back to the tree?

"Pinkie does seem to have a way with paeple. She does have a good sense of character when it comes to others. It's possible this one poses no threat." he offered. Besides... if Gulliver was directed to interact with the Pink One, then so be it. She was a bit too excitable for him.

He gently cleared his throat, aiming to return the subject to what the meeting might entail. He'd catch Rais' attention for the other matter after the meeting.

"I have nothing else for the time being." he then started. He looked around at the others to see if they had anything to contribute.  

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:36 pm
Rais' eyes glanced towards the Seer, who only shook her head in silence. Right then.

"To business then. I've called this meeting to address a growing problem that cannot go ignored much longer. I feel that I have been far too busy lately in dealing with community issues to address my normal duties, as well as having the time to devote to each of you. I'm sure you've all felt the growing distance between us as of late. For that, I apologize." He paused, taking a moment to meet each of his Brothers' gazes, then watching the Seer warily for a moment. Gulliver was a near-stranger, Mo had just had a great burden dropped on his shoulders, and Vanya...well, she'd been far too distant for too long. Something was wrong, and it crept under Rais' fur that he had no idea what was going on with the Circle's Sister. "It does not escape my thoughts that perhaps issues could have been more easily balanced if one of our own were still here," he added, thinking of the absent Geomancer. He'd had little time to get to know Altair and could only assume that the spirits had called him on a journey. Perhaps something had happened; but without further information, they certainly could not act. Only trust that the spirits would watch over him, wherever he may be. "There is little we can do about that for now, but pray to the spirits for guidance on the matter."

"There are some other changes, however, that could be made that are in our power. With the spirits' guidance, as always, but we must take action. If I have felt this burden, then I know that you three have as well. As you are to assist me when I need to share my burden, so too must you have those who can help share yours. With the growing hostilities of late, unrest has grown within the Tree as well as without. I have spent too much time needing to supervise and reprimand individuals as of late. While I must be connected and involved with our people to lead effectively, I cannot continue to spend the amount of time I've had to devote lately to everyday issues and complaints. Nor can I continue to be the primary enforcer of our laws within the Tree." He knew the words may come across as cold at first, but he'd been forced to take a step back and look at the situation objectively. He had been sacrificing sleep, patience, and health in an attempt to keep up with all the issues that came to his door. In addition to the time spent, he felt some of his relationships with the Faun and the way they regarded him were also suffering as a result. Changes had to be made.

"We are here to discuss possible replacement members to the vacancies in the Circle, as well as filling some new positions we have not previously had. The community has grown exponentially and we cannot do this by ourselves anymore. We need help."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:01 am
Gulliver shifted a little in his seat devoting more attention to the words being said by first his Brother Mo and then by Rais. It was true he himself was more distant then he should be, and he knew he needed to rectify that. He didn't feel Rais was to blame for his own distance, Gulliver knew he needed to talk to Vanya soon, even if the Seer was more distant from them emotionally then she usually seemed to. Perhaps if he could get that out of the way then he'd feel more at ease in general and closer to his brethren. "I apologize as well for my distance there is a couple issues in my life I need to address, things that have pre-occupied my mind for several seasons, but this really isn't the time for it. I know we've had some losses in the circle, Amadorine, Caleigh and Alistair.... Their absences have been felt." He knew what roles they held in their group it seemed their group had literally been cut in half for size "What other roles are you thinking about Brother?"  

Shicala

Hungry Animal

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:54 pm
Mo settled into his chair as Rais began to speak. He let his eyes travel to the others as he listened and felt a sudden sadness within.

Rais spoke true. The inner circle had grown apart.. Even more so now that the tree was on the mend from the recent attack. Everyone was feeling it. Not just the circle, but they were definitely taking the stronger force of the waves.

His gaze first fell to Gulliver.

Here was a guy that Mo was sad to say he had spent little to no time with at all. He knew Gulliver had little to no free time (same as himself, he supposed) with his own duties. They were almost always on separate ends of the tree from each other at all times. However, neither of them shared more than a glance towards each other from time to time due to these conflicting schedules. If anything, he may have noted that Gulliver might look a little more wiser and older, thanks to his duties....

Of course, Mo was definitely not one to judge or talk on that respect. Especially since Mo was a teenager when he first joined the circle. It was almost funny to think on just how much time had passed and just how much he had grown himself...

Then, he turned his focus - although briefly - towards Vanya. In that short moment of time, Mo nearly felt his heart break. She had changed quite visibly. She was much younger and vibrant back when they were both just settling into their roles. He recalled the small chat they had... was it his second day as adviser? Hers as seer? He mentally shrugged it off and silently sighed. She was definitely more rough and ragged around the edges than he remembered.

He made a quick mental note to pay her a visit sometime soon.

As Rais finished speaking and Gulliver chimed in, Mo returned his attention to the Chief to hear what he had to say.

Though he had previously been assured of certain circumstances, he still idly wondered if Rais had planned to add more faces to the inner circle... mainly if Rais planned on appointing another Adviser. There was usually only one adviser to a tree, right? Not that he would worry about such a thing........ right?

He did his best not to fidget... and he quickly shoved such silly thoughts to the back of his mind to listen further.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:48 pm
Rais attention shifted from one Circle member to the next, gauging reactions before he continued. "We do need to replace those lost members, I agree. And this is a good time to discuss any possible candidates for those roles. If any of you have any recommendations or if the Tree has offered you any specific insight on any Faun, this would be an ideal time for us to review that. Regarding new roles, however..."

He sighed, folding his hands and leaning forward on the table. "As I stated, I have spent far too much time as of late needing to handle everyday issues, as well as being the primary settler of conflicts and problems. I have not had time for my own duties, nor for all of you, which I wish to rectify. In addition to this, I feel that...being in such a role sets a certain sort of...precedent." Rais glanced aside for a moment, speaking quietly. "I have heard the whispers...more than once I've overheard a child being reprimanded for some small misbehavior, saying that if they don't behave properly, the Chief will come get them and throw them in the dungeon."

The Seer had remained quiet as the meeting started, noting as each of the other Circle members' attention had passed over her and on again. She had little energy to dwell on that at this point, her expression remaining fixed and neutral for the most part. She'd rather get whatever business done that this meeting had been called for so that she could be on her way again. The general tension of the room was enough to feel nearly palpable and she wondered if such anxiety were solely from the gravity of the subject matter or if there could be other contributing factors. A flicker of impatience flared as Vanya noted the Chieftain's sudden hesitance. He had called this meeting; why was he stalling now? There wasn't time for dancing delicately around the issues.

"You need an enforcer."

Rais had been attempting to find a delicate way to put it, but the Seer's blunt statement brought him back to reality with a sigh. "Yes. Basically. We need someone to represent the law of the Tree, with the strength to enforce that law, and the personality to handle the inevitable displeasure many will have with the Faun in that position. I have borne the brunt of this for some time now, but I need someone else to take on this burden. I need to be able to make myself more open, so that the people are not afraid to come to me with issues. So that I'm not some scary, threatening monster used to make naughty children behave."

Stifling a grimace, he leaned back and folded his arms over his chest. "I have...some ideas of my own, however, I'd prefer to get your input first. If anyone knows of any Faun who may fit the profile of what we need for an effective Warden, please speak now."

Seruta

Shicala

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:52 pm
The silence stretched on for some time, which slowly caused tension to build in the confined space. The Chieftain's stern gaze fixed on each member of his Circle in turn, but their continued silence began to fuel his growing irritation. When it became clear that no one was going to offer up any thoughts or suggestions, Rais' impatience won out and he scoffed, "Nothing? Really? No one has anything to say? No one that any of you feel would make a fitting Warden?"

The irritation radiating from the Chief was nearly tangible. It didn't take an empath to read his mood at this point. As it were, the Seer barely batted an eye at the Chief's sudden outburst and continued wearing an expression that seemed deliberately void of concern. Her voice was quiet, but calm, as she spoke up. "I have offered no names for the position because I can think of no Faun fitting for the role. As you yourself admitted, Chief, you want to get out of the position because you fear the consequences of being in the role of enforcer. It is not a desired job. No one wants to be disliked for doing their job. Everyone wants to be everyone else's friend." Before the sour tone could take over, Vanya cut herself short. Her point had been made. No one wanted to be the 'enemy', so how would they fill the role? There weren't likely going to be any willing volunteers, anyway. Someone would have to be assigned. The question remained as to how bitter that individual might be after being forced into that role, especially once discovering first-hand what it entailed.

Rais sat back, arms crossed over his chest. Hmmph, blunt as always, wasn't she? Nevertheless, Vanya had a point. No one wanted to be the 'enemy', as it seemed to be viewed. That's why he was trying to get out of the role. He couldn't simultaneously be the leader that his people wouldn't fear to come to with issues if he was also the enforcer and the 'bad guy' to use to threaten small children into behaving. Resigned, Rais rolled his eyes briefly with a snort. "Yes, well, that being true, I already had an individual in mind. However, if my advisors can offer no other alternatives or opinions, then I suppose I'll move forward with my own initiative. If he's our only option, then I suppose it doesn't matter to discuss the issue."

"Very well, let's move on then. Aside from the Warden, are there any other candidates that any of you would like to put forth for other leadership roles in the Circle? We have a number of vacancies for old positions to fill. In addition, we seem to have need for some new positions given recent developments as well as expansion." Again, Rais sat back and waited to hear suggestions from his advisors. He couldn't be expected to speak with every Faun in the Tree on a daily basis. Though Laisidhiel told him much, he had chosen his advisors for a reason. They were meant to offer new suggestions from varying points of view, perhaps options he would have never seen or considered on his own. They were also meant to temper him, to offer an outside perspective and recognize whether his own view had become skewed. So far, they'd sat and listened to him speak, but offered little in return. Granted, Vanya had had a point with her observation; no one would likely want to be the 'bad guy Warden', at least no normal Faun would. Most would rather be liked rather than ostracized for their job. But, there were exceptions to every rule.

Would his advisors have any suggestions for other positions though?

Seruta

Shicala

((Please remember that this is a plot Notice and your characters are required to participate and engage or risk failing. Notices are not intended to simply deliver information to a passive, present audience. Interaction and engagement are expected. This is a chance for your Circle members to demonstrate their knowledge of their society and its members that they have interacted with, as well as influencing how the story progresses by nominating other player characters for leadership and plot role consideration.))  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:12 pm
Mo frowned slightly. Vanya had voiced the very thing that kept him silent. He wanted to name a few paeple, but he didn't want that sort of a role thrust upon such well respresented individuals. Besides, he had hoped that there were a few certain individuals who would be coming with him in the coming months. Placing them in a role here at Laisidhiel would jeopardize that.

He looked around to Vanya and Gulliver first, idly wondering if either of them had any names to offer. However, he decided to break another pause with a faint clearing of his throat.

"If I may suggest," he started, sitting forward and folding his hands together on the table before them. "Shining's boys have shown great promise lately. I've seen them patrolling the tree and helping wherever they can. According to Shining, they wish to one day join the Guard. Given the fact that they already do much of the day to day tasks necessary, I feel as though we can at least consider the title for them."  

Seruta

Sexy Believer

15,150 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Party Animal 100

Shicala

Hungry Animal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:39 am
The tension building was thick enough to slice. It was tough naming any one pae for the roll, certainly there was a few who resided within the Tree's walls. To thrust such responsibility on any in particular could be setting them to replace Rais in the 'come get and put in dungeon' and that certainly wasn't how things worked. He sat up more as his Brother started speaking and nodded his approval to the suggestion. "I haven't seen the boys as much as Mo has, especially since most of my duties are outside the bark of the Tree, but I have seen some, and I agree with Mo on this suggestion." He pondered the question more, it felt like Rais really was pushing for ideas and he hated not to be a help to his brethren. "I do know of a pae who could be a good candidate for a role ... either security of the Tree after dark, or even as the new Pathfinder" he paused a moment, his eyes looking briefly towards Mo before back to Rais, his Brother might not like this too much, but she was the only one allowed out as late... "And that would be Twinkletoes..."

Gulliver paused before continuing, the one other faun he'd love to see in a role was one he wasn't sure would want a role, but at the same time he could see her in some role within the Tree "I'd also like to put up Kishi's name, she cares deeply for her fellow brethren. Perhaps she may be a good fit as the one who tends the acorns and keeps them safe." he grew quiet again though his mind was thinking of possible other names.

:[ Notices & Metaplot ]: ~ Metaplot related character advancement

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff