Submit

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:21 am
User ImageA week had passed since Fi had come to a rather world shattering conclusion. She'd been to see a healer since then, hoping she was just sick or something. No, she was pregnant. If the pile of green food was any indication, her appetite had grown to accommodate the little one growing inside of her. Or was it little ones? The orange fauness shook her head, pairing together a set of cloth to make a sweater.

Her fingers worked expertly where her mind did not. She'd pause on occasion, grabbing something off the pile of green, and continue on. She'd spent the last week almost entirely making clothing. There were plenty of faun in need of proper clothing, and the weather would be changing soon enough. She frowned, looking down at the offending bump. She loved it so, but it brought so many mixed emotions. Why couldn't she remember why it made her feel so bad?

Tartara Seabreeze

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:27 am
User Image

A week of quietly moving in and out of his room, leaving only to do his hunter duties before slinking back again. Admittedly he had come to terms with the pregnancy days prior but...the fight left him with a nauseous feeling whenever he thought about seeing Fi. Anger with her, anger with himself. When he finally did pull himself to her room, she didn't answer his knocks. So after a few minutes he checked the mess hall, and then finally her boutique.

When he pushed the curtain covering the opening, his silver eyes immediately fastened onto the plumper female. The male lifted a hand and softly knocked on the wall beside him. "...Hey." Real smooth. Could he be any more awkward?

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:30 am
Startled, Fi jumped up. "Welcome to the Boutique!" She chimed, not really looking at the faun in her doorway. The sweater she'd been piecing together now sat in a mostly tangled heap on the floor, her pile of green things half eaten, but entirely forgotten.

"What can I get you in today?" For some reason she was able to remember how to greet the other faun that walked in here. Why on earth wasn't she capable of placing whoever this faun was? He was green like her desired meals were, and he felt so familiar. The same mixed feelings she got when she remembered her baby came to mind when she looked at him. "I'm Phiona, have we met?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:35 am
He was expecting anger, or even for her to have forgotten their argument.

But he didn't expect her to forget...him.

He winced as if she had physically struck him as his eyes fell to the ground. "Yeah...we have. I don't need anything. Just...wanted to see how you were doing." How stupid of him to think he could be in a relationship with her.

But he had made up his mind. He was going to be there and help care for those children even if she didn't have a clue who he was.

So much though for his bracelet reminding her of him though. How stupid can you get Kai?

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:42 am
She blinked, looking at him. Her eyes flicked down to her slowly growing stomach, and to the hand that was resting on it. A bracelet that meant a lot to her. "Kai?" She squinted, looking at him. "Kai!" She squeaked, rushing up to hug him. Oh Great Tree it had been too long! Wait... Why did she feel like something was still terribly wrong with them?

"Kai... What did I do?" Fi was worried, looking up at him. Whatever it was, it must have been bad for her to completely forget who he was. What had she done to make him leave her long enough for her forget him? Maybe she was the one who did the leaving? The orange fauness frowned, taking a step back. What did she do?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:59 am
His ears perked up as he heard his name, a flush of relief before suddenly she was pressed against him in a hug. For a moment he wanted to freeze time to that second.

But no. He had to set things right. He faun took a step back, breaking their contact as his face became solemn again. "You...you forgot me Fi..." From the beginning he knew it a risk, but she had been doing so well...he had hoped...he had thought... "We had a fight...after figuring out that you were pregnant." This was all wrong, so very wrong. He had come to apologize, not get his heart yanked with this.

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:10 am
"Oh" Her ears drooped, feeling ashamed of herself. How could she forget the best thing that had happened to her? It was almost enough to bring her to tears. Or was that the hormones making her so sad?

"Fight... I'm so sorry Kai. I shouldn't have..." She racked her brain, trying to remember what she had done wrong. Fi was certain she was the one in the wrong here and Kaiden was coming to tell her to own up to it. "I'm sorry Kaiden. It's big news, I should have been more... What was the word... "Patient. I'm sorry"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:17 am
He felt so awkward, so out of place. Like this was a nightmare, or a play. When she started apologizing, he quickly shook his head. "I yelled at you, and I shouldn't have. It's my problem that I couldn't deal, and I took it out on you. I'm sorry Fi." He looked up rather sadly. Two sad faun, a meter of distance between them that felt like a chasm. "I made you forget me.

That wasn't the most important thing though. He had to say the most crucial part. She had to know. "But I'm going to be there for our kids alright? Even if you do forget me, I'll be there."

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:23 am
"I'm sorry I pushed you into yelling at me." She shook her head, reaching up to hug him again. Fi didn't want to tell him she forgot him because the book she wrote everything in was back in her room, not down here with her. She would need to tell him soon though, he deserved to know the secret of her faulty memory.

"Kids? You think we'll have more than one?" She grinned, looking up at him. While she herself was certain there would be one, it wasn't past her to think there might be more. Hearing Kai think there might be two was an uplifting thought. He was thinking about the little thing growing in her. "Wanna feel my tummy? Baby isn't kicking yet, but it feels different~"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:33 am
She reached up to hug him, and he took a step back to avoid it. The male looked down at the ground, visibly upset. "Best to prepare for twins, just to be ready. And maybe in a moment. Fi we have to talk about this..." He didn't like this. Why did things turn so wrong? "What if we fight again? What if you forget me, forever?"  

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:50 am
He wouldn't let her hug him? The fragile glimmer of hope she'd felt all but shattered at his stepping back. Her eyes started to water, though she was trying not to cry. "Relationships are work Kai... Nothing is ever perfect, always happy and cheery... I may not know much, but that is something I do know.." Fi shook her head. Forgetting him, that was a much more serious issue.

"I keep a journal now... I don't forget as much anymore." THat would be a much more effective argument if she actually had the journal. "I don't want to forget you. Or our kids, or our friends." DId they have friends together?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:01 am
"Most relationships don't have to worry that the pae they love will forget they ever met." He could prepare for it all he wanted, but that didn't stop the painful blow he received when she asked if they met. It was easy to say he could withstand it, but completely different in actual practice.

A journal...it explained things. But it dashed his hopes that she was actually getting better. She was just finding better work arounds. "We don't have any friends. You don't even remember who Arik is." Kaiden spoke with a sigh, hating the look on her face. Of course he wanted to envelope her in a hug. Tell her everything was alright and push on like nothing ever happened.

That was the easy way out. And he was going to do right by her however he could.

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:18 am
Tears spilled over, her vision swimming now in a field of them. "I'm trying Kai! I wish I wasn't so forgetful I can't even remember what blessing I'd gotten so many seasons ago! It's so hard to remember something you don't even know you forgot." Her tears weren't of anger, they were truly upset.

"Sir Booplesnoot isn't part of this.. Whatever this is." She frowned, shaking her head. "Kaiden, I love you... I'm sorry I forgot you, but you've been gone and I haven't seen my journal in," Fi paused to think, "A while. But I remembered you..."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:29 am
He couldn't stand it anymore when those tears finally dropped. The mother of his future children was crying right in front of him! In two quick steps he wrapped his arms around her, bringing the faunness close. There was so much he didn't know, but he couldn't handle her tears. Especially when he caused them. "It's not your fault." That was as much for him as it was for her. He had to keep it in perspective that she didn't want this affliction. When he first met her she didn't even know she had it. It must be so awful for her...

"I just...I don't know what to do Fi. If I did I'd do it, but there's no easy answer." He worked hard, every day. The skills he knew came from dedication and the sweat of his brow. But this wasn't something hard work would fix. He couldn't muscle through it.

At least she remembered Arik was Sir Booplesnoot. He'd smile if the situation wasn't so serious.

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:41 am
Fi sniffled, hiding her face into his chest fur. The tears wouldn't stop, but she didn't have to cry alone. Almost hesitant about it, her arms snaked around his chest. He'd pulled away the last time she tried to hug him, was he going to stop when she touched him back?

"If there was an easy way out don't you think someone would have figured it out by now? Or maybe there is and I'm just too forgetful to remember to do it... What if one of our kids has this same thing? What if they forget everything the second it's taught to them?" Panic. Her eyes were wide, leaning back to look up at him. Oh great tree spirits what if she passed whatever was wrong with her to their kids? "How could I do this?!" How could she possibly have thought having a baby was a good idea? What if she really was defective and passed it onto the precious life growing inside her? The tears welled again, starting fresh for an entirely different reason.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff