Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1 vs 1] One-sided [Harley/Zeke] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:23 am
He'd taken his time eating, a notebook open across the table beside his meal. Going over his and Harley's notes for what was probably the third or forth time. He did that often. It wasn't a double check, but a bid to set the information to memory. Trying to take in and hold onto as much as he possibly could.

It was Lagertha's annoyed grumble that pulled him up, had him checking the time on his phone, and with a small smile the Mist got up and carried his tray to the garbage. The notebook was tucked back beneath his arm as he headed out for the training field, whistling softly.

Harley was probably waiting for him already.

enoh love

Enoh Love rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:07 am
Harley was indeed waiting for him already.

Eating was something she did with general haste. Not fast enough to cause gastric distress, but she certainly didn't waste her time. She usually had more important things to do, after all. So much to do, and so little time to do it. So much effort wasted on meals.

When he arrived on the training grounds, she was tying her hair back in a bun, making sure it was secure enough to not fall out during the spar. Her battle style, she had learned, involved an awful lot of moving and gymnastics. With her hair being as long as it was, it was more of a liability than anything.

"Took you long enough." She greeted him with a wave, grinning as she caught sight of him strolling onto the field. "Scared?" She teased.

beejoux

Enoh Love

Beejoux rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:29 am
As he reached the field he flashed her a smile, but took his time placing the notebook on a nearby table, rolling up sleeves that had started to slip through out the usual comings and goings of his day. "Of you? Never." She had beaten him before, but then again, he never treated spars quite as seriously as he should. It was still a point of annoyance for Lagertha.

Unless there were high stacks involved, apparently.

"You ready, sweetheart?" She looked ready. "Care to make a wager this time around?" And why not? It made things a lot more interesting.

enoh love

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:59 am
"I'm always ready, baby~" She blew a kiss at him, simply because she could. With her hair tied back, there was little else for her to prepare: the tank top and shorts she wore didn't quite require it. Her jacket had been folded up and put aside not long after she arrived at the training grounds.

"You're only even suggesting a wager because you outrank me." Harley replied with no loss of confident teasing. There was a small pause as she considered it anyway. Wagers were fun. She liked wagers. "...But if I were to say yes, what might you suggest?"

beejoux

Enoh Love

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:32 pm
Zeke chuckled at her as he summoned his weapon; different then she'd seen it last. Instead of the double axes, there was the one much larger one, a tail of chain and an empty handle laying at his feet. "Baby, I make wagers when I haven't got a snowflake's chance in Hell of winning." But that didn't mean she was wrong, really. Knowing the odds were in his favor definitely upped the appeal of the bet, especially if he could get something from her she rarely gave.

"If I win, we spend the day doing whatever I want." There was wiggle room there. There was always wiggle room for Harley. She was treated better than anyone else in his life. He was aware of this fact, but wasn't sure as to why it was the way it was.

enoh love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:01 pm
"Well no wonder you lose so often." Harley gasped at him, feigning innocent shock. She couldn't keep that up, which wasn't uncommon, and her innocent look faded into a grin, and naturally, a laugh. His wager made her look at him suspiciously.

"Anything?" She pressed.

beejoux

Enoh Love

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:21 pm
The Mist just grinned back at her, running the chain between the fingers of his left hand.

"Anything," he clarified with a grin.

enoh love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:41 pm
Harley didn't usually like the idea of anything, because there were still quite a few things she was uncomfortable or hesitant over, but at the same time, she couldn't exactly refuse his wager. That was the point of them, after all. She puffed out her cheeks, clicked her tongue, and finally sighed.

"Alright, but if I win, we spend the day doing whatever I want." There was a small pause. "-Plus I want one of your sweaters!" She added, because it was important. Sweaters were great. It was her turn to summon her weapon now, bringing forth the same heavy class, skull-like axe she had the last time they faced off.

"Do we shake on it, or just get started?"

beejoux

Enoh Love

Beejoux rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-20)

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:28 am
He'd sort of expected some hesitance. Some manner of negotiation over what 'anything' constituted. When none of that came, only her own demands, the Mist's grin widened enough to flash white teeth. "Anything you want, and a sweater," he chuckled. "I think I can handle that."

A flick of his wrist spun the axe around in his hand. It was much heavier than it used to be, but he was stronger as well. "I think we can jump right into this." They weren't that formal.

What they were was spontaneous, and Zeke was more than happy to embrace that. He choked up on the handle of the axe, and with only the smallest hint of warning, the man was darting forward to bring the heavy weapon around in a wide arc across her thin chest.

HP: 50
DMG: 4
CHG: 1/3

enoh love

Enoh Love rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 4 Total: 5 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:36 pm
Harley jumped back, trying to avoid as much of the slash as she could, but he managed to knick her shield decently enough despite it all. In retaliation, she crouched down and swung Lament over the ground in a wide arc, aiming for his feet.

HP: 36/40
DMG: 0
CHR: --

beejoux

Enoh Love

Beejoux rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 4 Total: 8 (2-20)

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:23 pm
Lament was a heavy, powerful weapon, but she wasn't yet strong enough to lend additional speed to her strikes. It meant he had that split second needed to jump over the swinging strike, and he countered as his feet hit the ground again, swinging the empty handle around to smack it into her arm. "Come on, sweetheart. You kicked my a** royally last time."

HP: 50
DMG: 2
CHG: 2/3

enoh love

Enoh Love rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 9:06 pm
"Yeah, when we were evenly matched." Harley pointed out with a sharp laugh, not bothering to take the moment to pat the spot where his weapon hit her, as she normally would have done in a lull. Instead she threw the handle forward, bracing the steel of the blade against the back of her arm. The manoeuvre was only decent in short range, but at least it put the pointed end to decent use.

Even if that was just scratching him.

HP: 34
DMG: 1
CHG: 1/3

beejoux

Enoh Love

Beejoux rolled 2 10-sided dice: 8, 4 Total: 12 (2-20)

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:36 pm
"Evenly matched?" Zeke scoffed, smiling at her as he adjusted his grip on the axe. "Sweetheart, you made kicking my a** look easy." Granted, had he even been trying at the time? It was hard to say. Sometimes the Mist seemed to be giving it his all, sometimes it was clear that he couldn't have cared less which way the outcome of a spar landed.

Of course, with matters of importance on the line...

Another long armed swing, and the larger blade of the weapon bit into the shield at her side.

HP: 49
DMG: 6
CHG:3/3

enoh love

Enoh Love rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 7 Total: 11 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:48 pm
"You're right. I was trying to be nice. It was so easy." Hattie was grinning widely again, though she flinched as the blade hit her shield. While it took most of the damage, the force of momentum was enough to make her react in the way she had. It had been easy then, but they had been on the same level; she refused to believe he would have gone easy on her. There was no room for that sort of chivalry in the world they lived in. Now, he out ranked her, and with that status came a boost of FEAR. It made him quicker than he had been then, and his weapon allowed for speed. Hers did not.

He was slightly too far away to kick, no matter how badly she wanted to. Instead, she dropped Lament's heavy blade towards the ground, readjusting her grip on the handle. All it took was a step forward and a hefting pull to bring the massive weapon up and over her head in a wide arc, bringing it down on his head.

Rather, she had aimed for his head, but managed to catch the shield at his shoulder.

"Which brings me back to my original point: You had to outrank me to get the upper hand."

HP: 28
DMG: 5
CHG: 2/3

beejoux

Enoh Love

Beejoux rolled 2 10-sided dice: 4, 5 Total: 9 (2-20)

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 9:26 am
It was still pretty impressive, seeing someone built like Hattie swinging a giant axe up and over her head. Impressive enough to be at least vaguely distracting, which meant Zeke was a split second too slow in his attempts to dodge to heavy hit. It came slamming down into his shoulder, hard, which was actually a little jarring, threatened to buckle his knees just from the sheer force of it, but Largertha took in the damage, saving him from the brunt of the pain.

"Hey," he countered, taking a step back and dropping into a ready crouch. "I'll take whatever advantage I can get." Zeke didn't have any false pride, she should know that by now.

A flick of his wrist, and he sent the empty handle swinging her way in a quick whip.

HP:44
DMG: 3
CHG: 3/3

enoh love

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items