Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
HOLY CARP BATMAN!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GillaGrrl

Beloved Heckler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:56 am
First time on Gaia in like a year or MORE, when did they mess with my gold and all the extra zeros? I imagine it is because of the massive inflation? Cause wowza I never imagined that I would be a billionaire!

I remember in 2007 when I started, I worked danged hard to earn a million for an item. Now I can't even imagine what it is like for a newb on this site! KILLER

So Hello oldbies and Newbies alike!

Ex-Mod of NSTG and general laze-about is back in business! I loved you and missed you !

Hooked up all the FF extensions to BG, Re-introduced myself to the NSTG ~still being run by the most awesome crew EVAR~, Got an auto format going for bumping tanks. I guess I need to look at the state of the marketplace, cause I think it is going to make me cry!

Anything new I should know, that will give me more GAiaShock? LMAO  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:48 pm
GillaGrrl
First time on Gaia in like a year or MORE, when did they mess with my gold and all the extra zeros? I imagine it is because of the massive inflation? Cause wowza I never imagined that I would be a billionaire!

I remember in 2007 when I started, I worked danged hard to earn a million for an item. Now I can't even imagine what it is like for a newb on this site! KILLER

So Hello oldbies and Newbies alike!

Ex-Mod of NSTG and general laze-about is back in business! I loved you and missed you !

Hooked up all the FF extensions to BG, Re-introduced myself to the NSTG ~still being run by the most awesome crew EVAR~, Got an auto format going for bumping tanks. I guess I need to look at the state of the marketplace, cause I think it is going to make me cry!

Anything new I should know, that will give me more GAiaShock? LMAO

User Image

*points above* That's like the obligatory link that's given to people who've returned. XD;

Welcome back! I recognize your username, but I wasn't very active in the guild when you were active.
It is indeed crazy. How long have you been gone? Um, Tektek.org is gone.
zOMG is gone. The new game craze is "Lake Kindred." It's sort of a pokemon style game. Sort of. Lots of grinding. It's a good source of gold. It just takes an investment of buying the right stuff first, then you apparently can make bank. > <
Donation Items/Monthly Collectibles can be re-released. That's why the value of 2003 items are rather low compared to some newly released items. (On the other hand, I've been able to obtain some of the 2003 items of my dreams because of that. ^^;; )

In unchanging news, as you said, the crew here is still awesome. c:

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

GillaGrrl

Beloved Heckler

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 3:59 pm
Hi! Thanks for the link! And the welcome too of course smile I am reeling with all the changes! I have poked around all day now, my old friends in the Aquarium forum set me up to reboot there, but even that was a bit of a train wreck.

I haven't even gotten into exploring the crazy amount of items that have been released in the last 1-2 years. I got all the free grants that were still avctive though, so yay free stuff!

I sold most of my decent stuff, all but my favorites, before I went on hiatus. I didn't know if/when I would be back.

But I am here now and looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I just have to keep reminding myself, that 1 mill is what 1k used to be roughly and I am freaking out less razz  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:49 pm
GillaGrrl
Hi! Thanks for the link! And the welcome too of course smile I am reeling with all the changes! I have poked around all day now, my old friends in the Aquarium forum set me up to reboot there, but even that was a bit of a train wreck.

I haven't even gotten into exploring the crazy amount of items that have been released in the last 1-2 years. I got all the free grants that were still avctive though, so yay free stuff!

I sold most of my decent stuff, all but my favorites, before I went on hiatus. I didn't know if/when I would be back.

But I am here now and looking forward to seeing how it goes.

I just have to keep reminding myself, that 1 mill is what 1k used to be roughly and I am freaking out less razz

o: I happened to come across a thread today that might help out once you wanna start digging through site/feature changes. Hiatus Recovery Centre

Good luck rebooting with Aquariums! I've gotten some dolphins and water meats out of the Dumpster so I've assumed that making a tank is cheaper than it used to be. <.< >.> ...Unless dolphins and water meats aren't what's "in" anymore. XD;;

Yeah~ I think you've got a hang of things. Heck, I was here for the ride and I still have to remind myself that 1m is like 1k. I look at a gold shop item and go, "What!? 100k for a shirt? Heck no!" and then have to remind myself that the Daily Chance gave me 2m gold that morning. XD

Items... Items are gonna be mega hard to catch up on. @ .@ There are so many released daily. I'd, uh, recommend starting your search with a color scheme. Like, put in the key word: toxic, lime or diedrich. Many items have been recolored in that toxic green color scheme, even if they weren't originally released in that color.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

GillaGrrl

Beloved Heckler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:09 pm
sdrawkcab

Oh for sure difficult! The sheer number of announcements is crazy!

The hiatus recover center is where I first went razz

And they recently made it far easier to have a tank, they finally did the revamp that was one of the reasons I left smile SUPER HAPPY about that one!  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 5:17 pm
GillaGrrl
sdrawkcab

Oh for sure difficult! The sheer number of announcements is crazy!

The hiatus recover center is where I first went razz

And they recently made it far easier to have a tank, they finally did the revamp that was one of the reasons I left smile SUPER HAPPY about that one!

Ohhh yeahhh I've gotten used to it. XD; I forgot that this is a crazy amount of announcements. @ .@ That and <.< >.> I use an extension/add-on for Chrome that lets me open all the announcements with one click. It's so nice.

Oh, good! c:

Ooo~ that's cool to hear too. [/for selfish reasons xD]
How has your first week back on Gaia been going so far?

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

JoyRose

Captain

Helpful Friend

39,240 Points
  • Haunted Haute Couture: Cute 200
  • Attending the Ball 25
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:15 pm
GillaGrrl!! So good to see you back!

Yup, the economy is crazy. The announcements are better than they were some months ago when 10 announcements would fill up the queue in just a few hours, and we could have 15 or more every day! It got to the point that new announcements were falling off the queue before ever being seen so they combined some and have made an effort to keep the number under 10 per day now. Some days not much under ten, though!

I've come to the conclusion that Gaia is all about the friendships and focus on community building rather than getting tons of gold for the items I will probably never own (although in fairness, I own many such items I thought I'd never get after all, thanks to some very generous gifts, so you never know!).  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:27 am
@sdrawkcab - Been good! Feeling myself out around the site again. Very weird! An ok weird though!

@Joy - HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!! I figure that is why I am back, I love the new items, but because of my extended hiatus, I really don't have that much gold, thought I did, but in reality inflation makes my net worth LOW! lol

I missed everyone that is why I am here. Time to reconnect and see who is still around smile  

GillaGrrl

Beloved Heckler

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:42 pm
GillaGrrl
@sdrawkcab - Been good! Feeling myself out around the site again. Very weird! An ok weird though!

@Joy - HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!!! I figure that is why I am back, I love the new items, but because of my extended hiatus, I really don't have that much gold, thought I did, but in reality inflation makes my net worth LOW! lol

I missed everyone that is why I am here. Time to reconnect and see who is still around smile

XD I'm glad it's an okay weird. c:
Hope to see you around the NSTG Festival of Lights!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 4:06 pm
User Image

GillaGrrl

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items