Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Good Morning Prince (Liam/Harper/Mimsy)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:43 pm
There was a chair; an old one with a stuck wheel that some lab tech had shuffled into the hallway that Harper had carried into the pod room. Currently she was sitting in it leaning against another pod a blanket pulled over. Somehow she had fallen asleep there, after spending the last few days awake waiting for Liam to wake up from his slumber. There was hope he would soon, but there was no guarantee that he would. It could take weeks even months or years for him to wake up depending on whatever factors they had avoiding telling her. That didn’t stop her from camping out there every day until he would wake up, whenever she had free time between training and work shifts. It was important to her to be there when he did wake up, and there was little to stop her.

Beejoux
Sorry it's short

Nothing Yet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:34 pm
"You are waiting for someone, I suppose?"

Mimsy had been informed of Harper's presence when she arrived, and had left her alone just long enough to check the names on the list of occupants, apparently disregarding the fact that she seemed to be resting. What little she knew of the girl was enough to calculate a small pool of potential people that she might be waiting for, but it was always best to be positive. Especially when her mother was still among the podded.

"I waited for my brother for quite some time. It was strange to know that he was both present and absent in a sense. I still spoke with him and read to him. On occasion I came to share tea." She paused, then waved one hand dismissively. "I do not mean to discourage you, of course - the circumstances were most assuredly different. Though you could say that I am waiting for someone whose circumstances are likely similar. I would venture to say that your intentions are more pleasant than my own, however. I must admit that I am only monitoring her status to have sufficient notification when she wakes, so I can prepare myself for the worst. One cannot be too cautious when the lives of those you love are at risk, correct?"

Her attention shifted towards the pod that the girl seemed to be waiting on. As her eyes settled upon it, she silently wondered what the people in the University meant to each other, unwilling to expose her ignorance by asking.

hanging gallow
Beejoux

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 11:33 pm
Harper woke with a sudden start as the voice spoke, for a split second she had thought maybe it had been him but instead she saw an unfamiliar hunter. Giving her a sheepish smile she nodded, pulling the blanket down trying to resist the urge to yawn as she spoke. There were a lot of words that spilt out to her from the hunter as Harper’s mind struggled to wake itself up. It took a moment with some blinking and rubbing of her eyes for all the words to connect and inform her of what the other woman was saying.

“Yea, it’s only been a few days but I can’t help but sit here and hope that maybe he will wake up soon. I mean I know it could be forever but I want to be here when he wakes up.” She looked over at Liam’s pod as she pulled a leg up into the hair, hugging her knee. There was a little bit of guilt, she hadn’t really spoken to him while she sat, or even read or had tea for him. Instead she had just sat there, occasionally doodling in a sketchpad if she brought one. Could he hear her if she did? Would it really help? A look of concern flashed on her face as she looked at the pod again.

“How long did you have to wait for your brother? And if you don’t mind me asking, who are you waiting or at least checking on now?” There was some curiosity that arose in Harper’s mind but not enough that if the woman didn’t answer she wouldn’t press the subject.

Nothing Yet
Beejoux

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:10 am
The hope she had was nice, if potentially delusional, but Mimsy knew she would have done the same. She murmured a soft 'understandable' as Harper shifted in the chair, quietly watching her until she addressed her again.

"Ah, that is complicated." She offered an apologetic look, not confident in her ability to explain it effectively. "We woke one day to discover that he was comatose. My husband and I cared for him at home for slightly more than six months before we agreed upon placing him in a pod for his health and safety. It was almost exactly a year when he finally woke. I would approximate that he spent five months in stasis. But what happened to him is not common, I assure you."

There was another dismissive gesture as she registered the sight of her concern, and she moved the topic along in case her words had been anything but comforting.

"It is Caroline. I am watching Caroline." As though she feared saying her name too many times might somehow wake her on command, her eyes flickered briefly to the pod assigned to the woman, before returning to the pod across from them. "And you are waiting for Liam, right? Have you all agreed to wait for one another? Or is this special?"

She turned to her with a small, knowing smile, just as curiously awaiting her answer.

hanging gallow
Beejoux

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:21 am
Call it fate. Call it coincidence. Call it sheer dumb luck. Whatever you called it, the timing really couldn't have been anymore perfect if things had been planned this way. In the pause between Mimsy's question and Harper's answer there came a beep, soft at first, as if something was starting up, then louder in the form of an alarm as the screen mounted on the pod the Sun had her chair leaning up against lit up brighter, text scrolling across it in the form of information and health vitals. There was a hiss as the pod itself broke it's own seal, and the mechanical slid of oiled metal on metal as the door swung open to reveal the sleeping hunter within.

Liam, never much of an early riser, was slow to open his eyes now, as well. He blinked blearily, wincing at even the dim light of the pod room, before groaning and sluggishly dragging hands up to rub the heels of his hands against his eyes. That was how he remained for a moment, slumped against the inside of the pod as he waited for his brain to reboot--something that took more time than most, admittedly. Liam wasn't the brightest kid, all considered.

Dropping his hands, he squinting, then slowly opened his eyes. Reaching for the edge of the Pod with the intent to pull himself forward so he could step out. He paused though, as eyes landed on a semi familiar face. Black and red hair, glasses, pale skin, and eerily familiar features. Liam's head dipped, shoulders straightening as brows furrowed. "Mimsy?"

He didn't see Harper, not quite yet. The inner wall of the pod blocking his view of her until he either removed himself from it, or she moved into his field of view.

Hanging gallow

nothing yet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:55 pm
Harper swayed in the chair listening as the hunter spoke about her brother, at some point she had gathered that being in the pod was for health reasoning. Or at least for the most part she understood that when she tried to ask about why there were scars and a week missing from her memory. They had explained somewhat but glossed over her with all of the words used.

“Caroline?” It took a moment, for Harper to finally connect the dots who the hunter was exactly from the various Twitter conversations she had read. Liam had only told her a few days ago that the Caroline and Harvard had been podded and she had gone to see for herself. Since most of the rest of the University found was podded or at Victoria that left only one name that would have had any sort of interest in the woman.

“Your must be Mimsy, I am sorry I didn’t recognize you…” A sheepish look flashed across her face to the woman before turning it to the pod her mouth open to answer her question.

A noise erupted, as the door opened causing Harper to shove the chair back to avoid being hit. There was a moment of something moving as Harper got to her feet; there was a hopeful almost overjoyed look on her face as she peered around the edge of the pod hearing the voice speak.

“LIAM!” Relief washed over her as she charged forward, completely ignoring the fact that she should have waited for him to get out of the pod completely before trying to wrap her arms around him to give him a hug.

Beejoux

nothing yet

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

Nothing Yet
Crew

Obsessive Stargazer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:06 am
The question raised with Caroline's name went unanswered, and the admission that she'd not been recognized was largely ignored. Had it been most anyone else, this would have set an unending game of proving dominance and superiority into motion, but there was something about the students from the University that prevented her from seeing them as a threat.

"There is no need to apologize," she assured her. "We have not previously been formally introduced. It is nice to meet you in person."

Instead of extending her hand for a handshake or politely curtsying, she waited. The reason for her absent formalities made itself almost instantly apparent, as the pod finished its process and opened across from them.

"Hello, Liam." She smiled, almost too pleasant, and briefly raised her hand in greeting. The lack of acknowledgement for Harper might have confused her, had it not been apparent that the view of her was obstructed; she took a step to the side just in time to give her a clear path towards the pod. She watched as they embraced, head tilting to one side as he smile went crooked.

She watched a little longer, staring more than she should have.

When she finally spoke up again, it was with the intent of politely accommodating their needs - whatever those happened to be. It would be the kind and sympathetic thing to do, she thought.

"If you would like a moment of privacy, you may have one." A pause as she reconsidered. "As long as you are not experiencing any ill effects of waking, that is. That may require more immediate attention, but I can ensure that you are in good hands, if so."

xxBeejoux
xxhanging gallow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:34 am
There really wasn't enough time between Mimsy's greeting, and the loud cry of his name from a beey familiar voice, for him to have reacted in anyway but baffled to see her. To be fair, it was her specifically, but just in general, not yet sure where he was or what was happening. He saw Harper, now, a split second before she was throwing herself into him, and the result of unsteady feet meant the pair fell right back into the pod, Liam grunting softly when his back hit the padding.

"Hey Gorgeous..." Voice soft, apologetic, he wrapped her in a tight hug. Now that he saw where he was it wasn't too hard to piece together what had happened. Liam, in his infinite wisdom, asking too many questions. Someone had apparently decided to answer him. "How long was I out?" She had to have worried. One day the usual endless stream of back and forth messages over Twitter, and the next nothing.

Mimsy's offer for privacy managed to call a subtle flush to pale cheeks, as if just then realizing she was still there, and he murmured an apology over Harper's shoulder. "It's a little...disorienting," he admitted after a short pause, more or less answering her question on his health. As far as he could tell he felt fine, but he also didn't quite feel normal yet, either.

hanging gallow

nothing yet

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:31 pm
She fell with him back into the pod, not even the least apologetic for doing so as she squeezed him even tighter. Harper sniffled lightly, she didn’t want him to see the fact she had a few tears running down her face from being a little too overjoyed of seeing him. One day he had been talking to her, asking about Caroline and how he didn’t know where she was and the next moment there was no more words from him. Dead silence. It had made her worry, enough that she had risked getting into trouble and skip training to find if he had been podded, or worse.

“Liam, you’ve been out for only a couple of days, but I am so glad to see you back I was so worried. I was even more worried I wouldn’t get to see you for months.” She had squeezed again, at this point she was sure she was probably crushing him but it was his punishment for not telling her what he was doing or even though he couldn’t do anything still not telling her anyways. Didn’t matter if it was rational or not.

When Mimsy offered privacy Harper shook her head, squeezing one more time before letting go and stepping out of the pod so he could get out. She tried to subtly wipe the remaining tears from her face, turning her back on him for a second to do so. When she felt that she was presentable enough without a wet face she turned around grinning holding out a hand to help him out.

Beejoux

nothing yet

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces