The volcanic plains were warm and not too dry nor too damp. It was the kind of night that many demons relished in, and Afon slipped out smoothly, stretching before beginning to walk, thinking to herself as she passed by pridal members. Siochana had cubs, making cubs in-pride a reality again, and Afon noticed when her pridemates milled about, the Seasa moving to seek pleasure, demons hunting toys, and the lioness sighed, padding to seek the many dark and single pale guests in the pride.

Afon was not alone moving, the lioness finding a black and blue shadow following her to the gathering place chosen by the outsiders before she made a noise announcing her presence, Accendo nox Nictus - Primitus' daughter - and Miira sitting. But the shadopushed past and a lioness Afon knew as Aile slipped in instead, sitting and grinning to the pair in amusement, and Miira pinned her eatrs.

"Aile, this is the last place I expected you to turn up." Miira snorted, Afon tilting her head as Aile shrugged, grinning.

"Mother and Father aren't afoot, and I'm comfortable. S'long as I'm not angry... What about you two? Thought you wasted away, Mii, and that Accendo left for greener pastures. Desn't her dad sleep with half the Savannah now?"

Accendo sighed, paw-meeting muzzle, and she frowned.

"Neltharion took mother. And if I remember right, Mother just decided to say father left. S' what my visions said. Of course I'm not going to some happy place. Not when I can help father." The God-spawn said. Afon listened, then cleared her throat, three pairs of eyes turning to the youngest and she pinned her ears awkwardly.

"What are you talking about? Do you know each other?" Afon asked.

The three lionesses exchanged looks, before Miira sighed, pushing Afon to her paws, the lioness frowning.

"She deserves to know guys." Miira grumbled, flinching at flashes and visions of pain, and fear. Miira breathed releif once Afon stood obligingly, blinking at the three as they began walking.

The walk was not short, leading them over various hills and paths in the demon lands, the journey oddly silent before Accendo parted some fern leaves in a jungle's edge, and Aile entered, Miira edging Afon forward before following, Accendo last, and Miira sighed.

"Long ago there was a pride here. There were demon hunters and there were lions trying to protect the Savannah and the Demon Hunters collapsed, forcing the protecors to take in whom they could. It was almost a military, really, and it was founded by a large red Lioness, named Mioyo, and some allies. Lions came and left, and some were traitors, some not. Eventually, though, two-legged intruders came after Miira's death, scattering pride members to the winds. I was there from the start. My cubs were born here, and I was used and left here. Accendo's parents, Primitus and a mortal, lived here when my grandmother died. Aile was born to the pride as well - to demon hunter and lion."

Accendo watched, Miira looking away before Afon blinked, Aile stretching lazily, and the youngest spoke.

"Demon Hunters? Those existed?" She asked. Aile nodded, grinning.

"They did. The story goes the demon-hunters were founded by Hakuna'jina's sister. Eventually, though, they were scattered to the winds and many ended up here." Miira sighed, and Aile looked away, frowning.

"The Peponi-pya. We weren't holding up well when the two-legs came. Too many left, too many betrayed us. Went mad, or simply vanished. But the two-legs finished the job. I suppose if they knew, they might be thrilled seeing us in peices. But when the demons returned..."

"The demons brought hope." Accendo said simply. "Father found Hakuna'jina in the God's haven ascended as a goddess, or so he told me. He helped her gather the loyal of the pride and the lions willing to come home. He had been a patron watcher of the Peponi-pya, and they had begun to befriend the demons. But it was your grandfather, the Shalori, that helped draw in many, I suspect."

Afon blinked, and looked to Accendo, eyes wide with wonder.

"Grandpa Kohrisu? A Sador?"

"Shalori." Aile corrected. "The leader of the sador. The great grandson of Mioyo. He always was kind. His being found with Moricorm was a surprise, especially when your mother was a cub. But I know it helped."

Afon was silenced, blinking then shrugged, frowning and sighing, sitting.

"I never cared for the past though. Why. Why does that matter?"

Miira looked to her paws then, Aile looking away before Miira spoke.

"Your blood once flowed in your great, great grandmother, Kabichi. My aunt. When she died, Mioyo had disappeared, presumably dead. It... Broke her eldest son Shupavu. He saved Kabichi from slavery, bonded to her most of all of her litters. Losing his sister harmed his psyche. Most of her first litter, her direct descendants of it, were softer. Your mother seems to be an excetion, but you carry that softness, Afon. Be you demon or not, you carry the blood, and you would be as trusted by many of the old pride as your grandfather. Your aunt Kabi... She was named for her great grandmother."

Silence fell over the part again, and Afon looked to her paws, before looking to Miira, then away, frowning and shivering.

"Is that why I'm a pale demon? Is my enture family pale but my aunts and uncles?"

Barring of course one; but Afon felt some sense of despair. Not even Calithil was so pale; a properly dark lioness, a good Chil. Noot at all what Agfon was. Aile snorted, headbutting Afon idly.

"You're still a demon. Izanagi proved it - and I'm sure you could bear demon-cubs just fine. And even if not, they would be treated better than most. You are of royal blood, and it's likely your cubs would be protected within the family." Aile assured. Miira paused, and nodded, half-smiling feebly.

"They would. Even if it means Koh's sorry a** took them himself." Miira chuckled darkly. "Your cubs would be wanted, if you chose to have them." Miira assured. Afon hesitated, then sighed, flopping out.

"I'm not sure I can mother."

At that, Accendo felt a lip twitch, and she looked away a moment, sighing.

"You''d be a far cry better than me, Afon. My son was... Solen. When he was saved, he was... Less than kind. I did my best. My friend too, but Seifer is.... Angry." Accendo winced, looking away.

"I'm not sure I'm fit to mother again."

"Your cubs? My chlcren left me, or were stolen as well, Accendo." Miita winced. "And you and Ein are friends. I have nothing."

Miira shivered, Afon and Aile exchanging looks, and one of Afon's brows raised idly before she snorted, sighing as Aile tapped her muzzle.

"How about you, Afon?" Aile asked. "I mean, you mope, but you do have a Nat that seems to listen to you."

Miira and Accendo exchanged surprised looks as Afon shrugged, turning to pad from the jungle as the other three rushed to follow, Accendo moving to walk alongside her.

"You calmed a Nat? Aren't they usually considered less than slaves?" Accendo asked, drawing on her father's tales. Afon blinked.

"Hunh? Oh. Well, technically. But one of them went at mother." Afon frowned.

"Mother sent me to find help, and I ran into Mauji. I didn't know he was a Nat though. But... He helped. And he seems okay."

Miira stopped, blinking as Aile snort.

"Mauji? He's pretty quiet but reeeaaally edgey. Tried biting a few demons. He listens... In a technical sense. He seems to look at you like a cub though." Aile shrugged.

"Mauji went mad when the Peponi-pya was young." She murmured.

Three pairs of eyes turned to Miira, the lioness astounded.

"His mother was friend to Kabichi. Mioyo raised him as her successor. He said the pride favored lions, and left... I heard he moved on to attack lions. The fact he likes one at all..."

Miira blinked, whistling.
"You must have endeared yourself. Or he's getting senile." Miira snickered, and Afon blinked.

"Mauji helped me take down Lillith. He's really nice. I didn't know he was a Nat at first. Just sador."

Accendo breathed a sigh, then nodded.

"If he's fond of you, you have nothing to fear I think." She looked to Aile and Miira, Miira nodding.

"Accendo is right. Of anyone, if anyone looks at your cubs funny, should you have any, he would most likely rip that creature open, a different demon, a sador, or outsider. If he likes you, he has a reason."

Accendo nodded.

"I reccomend keeping him close Afon. He'll treat you well, and killer or not, teach you plenty, and maybe you can help him too."

Aile nodded.

"His cubs too. She takes him to his family and vice-versa enough." Aile noted. Miira blinked as Accendo nodded, Miira shrugging.

"Well that explains it, Aile. She treats him properly." Mira grunted. "We just have to hope it's genuine, and not some bullshit lie."

"I don't think it is." Accendo frowned. "Does he act first?"

"....I don't know." Miira shrugged. Aile nosed Afon, the youngest of the group jumping, and Aile smiled softly.

"Relax. We'll just keep an eye out, okay?" Aile soothed. Afon nodded, and Accendo stretched.

"We should get you two back for now anyhow. Maybe hunt on the way back." Accendo noted. Aile nodded, and Miira shrugged, nosing Afon to follow the older three as the group moved for the plains once more, seeking to hunt before returning to the pride properly.