Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Biding Time [Ever x Matt] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:26 pm
There was a crooked grin plastered on Matt’s face as Ever’s brows crept upward, it was a thought that has passed his mind but like usual he had simply ignored it. To be fair this was how he had treated almost all hunters, assuming little interest from most unless spoke.

“Maybe…” The smirk was still there, he wasn’t going to object if he was willing. “Another drink?” He held up his empty mug.

and be blue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:11 pm
"And now you're trying to get me drunk and take advantage of me, no less!" There was mock shock behind it -- Ever reaching out to nab Matt's mug as well as his own, and step away to pour each of them another overly-generous dose of vodka, just barely tinted with orange juice. It was maybe enough to mask the burning of the alcohol, maybe, but it was still going to be rough going down.

He pressed Matt's into his hands with a flash of a smile himself, sinking back down to sit. "...honestly, though, I can't tell what the hell you're thinking. Too reserved."

hanging gallow

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:21 pm
Matt started laughing lying completely down on the bed as Ever took his mug away to refill it with more vodka.

“Oh no you have figured out my plan, now what will I do?”

Sitting up again and taking the drink he gulped some of it down, ignoring the burning, before glancing over at Ever with half a grin that was suppose to be somewhat apologetic. “Occupational hazard. I just found it easier when people couldn’t tell what I was thinking and just had to take my word on it as a doctor or medic. I sort of just stuck to doing it all the time now.”

and be blue

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:55 pm
"Is that really so important?" He shifted just a little as he asked it -- just enough to bump their knees together. Casual contact, and Ever pretty much immediately pretended not to notice it had happened, rolling one shoulder in a shrug.

"I mean, so what if people can tell what you're thinking? Is that so bad?" A beat, and he smiled. "Or are you just really judgmental all the time, and want to keep your misanthropy down."

hanging gallow

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:28 pm
Matt took another gulp from the mug, letting the liquid burn down his throat as he eyed Ever, glancing him over as their knees bumped. The vodka was hitting him slowly, just enough to make his fingers feel a little numb but that was it.

“Yes. It’s important to me.” Matt shifted brushing his leg against the other hunter for just a moment as faint smile played on his lips. “It has nothing to do with being judgmental and if I hated people I wouldn’t be interested in being a medic. It’s the easiest way to keep people at arms length when it comes to personal things.”

and be blue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:13 pm
"But why keep people at arm's length, is what I'm asking, I guess." He shook his head just a little, and rolled one shoulder -- just watching Matt now with his head cocked slightly to one side. There was genuine curiosity behind it, perhaps: something that made Ever forget about his drink, even. As a person, he was much more likely to invite people in. Obviously.

hanging gallow

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:11 pm
There was a silent groan from Matt before he attempted to finish off the rest of the mug of alcohol flavored with orange juice. The expression on Ever’s face did not help the fact that he wanted to avoid the rest of the conversation entirely and aim for something more physical.

“It’s to avoid any sort of care or concern, at arms length people are just acquaintances if you’re there are not are of little concern to them. Also keeps from making stupid choices later, and me." Giving him a slightly crooked grin he shrugged. "Is the only reason you invited me was to interrogate me?"

and be blue

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:38 pm
"If you always keep people at arm's length, any other motivations I might have are completely pointless." He raised an eyebrow as he said it, faintly suggestive. Their knees were still touching, in a carefully crafted sort of way, and Ever looked somewhat lazy, comfortable where he sprawled on the bed.

hanging gallow

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:50 pm
Matt shifted, leaning far enough that he could look almost straight down on Ever, each hand on one side of the hunter a knee pressing into the mattress as a grin remained on his face. The empty mug left standing off to the side.

“And answering your questions truthfully wasn’t at least some attempt to not completely keep you at arms length? It’s more than most get from me.”

and be blue

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:35 pm
"It's less than I usually get." He tipped his head just slightly, peering back up at Matt -- with one eyebrow raised and a slow kindling in his eyes. This was generally about where he'd make a move, but instead he just waited, somewhat lazy, slightly challenging.

"I was a bartender, remember. People tell me things." he strummed fingernails lightly against his mug. "Especially after I've mixed them a drink."

hanging gallow

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:12 pm
Matt watched him, eyes focused on Ever’s eyes as he struggled for a moment to not give in so easily, his head slowly starting to spin. Drinking the rest of the mug may have not been his best idea he thought eyeing the mug Ever had yet to finish.

“Sorry slipped my mind for a moment. I guess you will just have to ask me again when the alcohol hits me harder.” He leaned down, giving in, pressing his lips to Ever’s for a kiss.

and be blue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:00 pm
There was a breath in, just a faint hint of surprise -- not exactly shocked, but all the same. Then, slowly, Ever eased a hand up to curl in the front of Matt's shirt, to keep him there instead of retreating back to arm's length, just a faint smile quirking its way into that kiss.

"It's okay." Just faintly mumbly, distracted, Ever worked to set his mug aside. "I'm pretty good at getting people to open up."

hanging gallow

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:41 pm
For a minute Matt’s mind slipped away, the taste of the other man’s lips as the alcohol still slowly sank in, the hand curling his shirt in closer. One hand shifted making its way to Ever’s jaw the fingers tracing along the curves eagerly.

“I can tell.” His lips were close still brushing against his as Ever worked to set his mug somewhere. When he was done Matt continued, his lips pressing heatedly to the others.

and be blue

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:37 pm
They wouldn't swim, this way -- and with the problem dealt with, Ever tugged Matt in closer and tangled fingers in his hair and put concerns out of his mind, for a while.

hanging gallow
fin?

and be blue

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff