Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ORP] HALLOWEEN AT THE BULL - ALL WELCOME Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:07 am
Kyle could identify with that. A life centred around working and studying. It was pretty much what he had been doing all his life prior to as well as while he was enrolled in medical school so what Matt was relating somehow struck a chord within him, which led to the next bit even though it was probably way out of line given that he was the trainee who was trying to tell a more experienced intermediate what to do.

"You're dedicated to your calling. That's what I'll say. Not that that's a bad thing but..." He paused for a moment as if he was taking a rain check as to who it was he was addressing at the present moment then went on to complete his sentence. "... just do whatever you think is necessary to ensure that you survive out there." He was letting his own thoughts and feelings on matters like this getting ahead of him again.

He took another long sip of his martini, observing Matt for a while now to see how he was taking to all that had been exchanged between them so far. Seeing that the other hunter didn't seem to have taken any offence towards all that, he opted for humour this time as a lighthearted form of interjection. "And with all appendages intact." Chuckling, he gave a nod, lifting his glass to tap it gently against the one that Matt held before downing the rest of his drink.

"Of course. Cheers."

hanging gallow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 7:14 am
Ever's comment resulted in a smile that was far too innocent to be genuine. It wasn't as if he'd picked the outfit with anyone in mind. Definitely not.

He drank, eyes widening subtly at the surprising show of pop cultural awareness by the Life tech before turning a rather considering look on Ember. Curious himself about the Sun's gender, but really, it was an idle curiosity. If the green haired trainee didn't want to say, it didn't matter to Zeke.

It did remind him of Jamie though, the trainee they'd lost in the Sahara. Shame the girls weren't here to make bets.

Mention of tutoring had Zeke lowing his beer. "I was a TA, actually. Before I was recruited. For marine biology." There had been many a meaningful haze directed his way in class, for one reason or another.

and be blue

lurks beneath

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:46 am
“Of course, or at least do whatever I can to make sure everyone else survive.” Matt had for quite some time reassured himself that he was likely to die at some point at Deus, likely earlier than most doing something stupid to help someone else. He had made the mistake before and it wasn’t going to be his last either, he had scars to prove that.

“Mostly intact.” The glass tinked as it tapped with Kyle’s, as Matt then proceeded to the down the rest as well and setting the empty glass down on the table. Interlacing his fingers he propped his elbows on the table, chin in hand as he grinned at the other.

“What would you like to drink next, it’s my turn to buy.” That was assuming the hunter didn’t want another martini.

baby_gwing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:22 pm
”Tend to yourself first then the others. Team wouldn’t last long once the medic goes down, especially if it’s a drawn out field mission.” Kyle just had to do that again right after telling himself that he ought to rein himself in didn’t he? It was probably the alcohol in his system. Making him so disinhibited to the point of speaking his mind without stopping to think of the possible sequelae that might result from it.

The Sun meant well though. He was probably going to be guilty of the same thing in fact were he in Matt’s position out there. It was something that he could identify with. Something that motivated them in the pursuit of their calling yet at the same time made them the worst patients to tend to given the way that they consistently prioritised the needs of others way above their own.

Holding Matt’s gaze with his own, he smiled. Big and lazy as he tapped his fingers idly on the table. ”Surprise me. Or get me whatever you’re having.”

hanging gallow

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:31 pm
Horace gave Micah a brief but assessing look. "Pity, that." Leaves would at least have been interesting. "You could have been an Eve-less Adam. Or a Steve-less Adam, your pick.." It was amusing that his weapon hadn't told Micah she could hear his thoughts, but there was only so much fun he could poke without it being mean. The first couple of weeks on the island had been hard for him, too. With a grunt, he sat on the stool next to Micah.

"If you'd shown up in leaves, you woulda got a free drink. And you wouldn't be sweltering like I am. Lucky."

prolixity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:02 pm
“I know.” Matt flashed an amusing grin at the hunter; it was like being scolded by himself all over again. He was pretty sure he had said that exact same sort of line before to someone but when and where he didn’t remember off the top of his head.

“But things happen out in the field, even if you try to take care of yourself you have to account for other things ruining your plans at time.” It could even be as simple as staying behind to help someone that everything could go wrong, anything could happen and everything could change. Not that he still didn’t at least attempt to help others before having concerns for himself; as long as he could stand and do something he was bottom of the list when it came to attending.
“It is at least adorable that you are concerned about me.” Matt grinned again before getting to his feet and collecting both empty glasses.

“Scotch on the rocks it is.” Heading to the bar he returned the empty glasses and ordered two scotch on the rocks. It took a minute, but someone finally served him and he returned to the table placing one of the two glasses in front of Kyle.

baby_gwing

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 10:46 pm
”I get that things are beyond our control out there but still…” Kyle frowned, not about to let Matt get the last word in on the matter yet found himself unable to carry on for lack of an example on hand due to his own inexperience with outfield missions. The Sun paused for a moment, still looking visibly agitated before he eventually found the words that he needed to resume.

”You owe it to yourself and your team to stop for a bit, place a tamponade on your wound before tending to them lest you yourself bleed out.” He decided to go with the responsibility to others as well as oneself approach to see if that would help to get his point across.

Psyching himself to deal with whatever Matt was going to retort with in response to his outburst, he found himself however caught totally by surprise by what came next. Was he flirting with him? Sure you could describe a guy as nice, great, amiable even. But adorable? He couldn’t quite wrap his mind around that nor was he about to ask Matt point blank what that was all about.

Glancing up briefly at Matt upon the Moon’s return with their drinks, he thanked him in a muted tone, somewhat semi-distracted still by what had happened as he lifted the glass to his lips, took a gulp of the scotch and swallowed it. Only to regret that almost instantly as he started coughing from the burning effect that had on his throat.

hanging gallow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 11:38 pm
“Sometimes you don’t get that chance. Sometimes you offer to help someone and everything is perfectly normal and then the next moment your have a crystal staff sticking in your chest and before you know it your on the ground. Things happen, you have to adjust accordingly.” It was unfortunately the nature of battle, sometimes when you think your ok, things could be normal the next moment it wasn’t. Everyone would last longer if he remembered that, adjust, do what he could but adjust where he was needed.

“But I promise for the most part I will attempt to keep myself and my comrades alive as long as I can. I am not someone you need to worry about I won’t do anything stupid. Besides my job is to worry about you and the other sun’s rushing in.” No one needed to worry about him, and if he could he was going to keep it that way. Made things easy at times, but it was still endearing.

There was a laugh as the other hunter started to cough from his drink before Matt took a long sip from his. He was used to scotch, the burning sensation wasn’t really there but he had at least forgotten for others it did.

“Sorry about that, should have warned you.”

baby_gwing

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:35 am
The Sun was partly hunched over the table, a hand pressed over his mouth as he coughed and sputtered a few more times. "It's okie. Just... ********. That stuff burns." He was probably red or blue. Maybe mottled even with how out of breath he was after that episode. Maybe he should have some water to aid his recovery. Thankful for the glass that he had fetched them both earlier, he slid it over to sip from it now.

"I know that. I may have been around for only four months but I've read enough about the cases that come to us in the infirmary to have some idea of how unpredictable things can be out there."

He was starting to feel better so he swapped the glass for the one that held the scotch, eyeing it beadily as he contemplated how he should approach drinking it in order to avoid a repeat of what had happened to him earlier. "I know you're not stupid or rash. You don't come across to me as that type. But that doesn't mean that I'm not going to worry about what happens to you when s**t happens out there or on this island." He was shooting his mouth again but he was way past caring about the consequences at this point.

Stopping to sip from the glass, he set the glass down, making sure that he held the scotch in his mouth this time before slowly letting it trickle down his throat with a barely audible sigh. Much better. "You're a good guy Matt. Better than some of the assholes I've seen on Twitter."

hanging gallow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:59 am
Matt slid the glass of water he had towards Kyle as well, he hadn’t drunk from it yet but the other looked as if he was going to need it. “Might be easier to handle with slow slips, once you get past the burning it’s pretty good.”

He took another sip before leaning forward chin in hands as he watched him attempted to drink again, or at least stare at his glass. “Cases and experience are at times two different things. Cases help, but until you are there you never really know how emotions and skill will take over. It’s the same as being in medical school, you can study all you want, know everything in the book, all the files and so on but you never really know how you handle it until you step into the room for the first time.” It was easy to know information but it was different when stress and emotions took over, that was doubled when dealing with not only someone else to tend but the blur of everything else around.

There was a large crooked grin on his face as Kyle rambled on even some hint of red cheeks on Matt, but it was easily mistaken for too much to drink at that point. He even began to chuckle at the comment about Twitter, considering he didn’t spend a lot of time on it unless he needed a sparring partner but at least knew what he was talking about. Some of those assholes he had met in person, one was the reason he had a costume in the first place.

“If you keep on insisting about worrying about me I really will think of you as my date tonight. I am really not as good as guy as you think, I have my own faults I promise they are just not as bad as others.”

baby_gwing

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 2:42 pm
Kyle was getting drunk pretty fast. It was even more evident right now with how flushed he was, the way he had to lean his weight partially on the table in order to steady himself, the slurred speech and how much longer it now took for him to process what Matt was saying. "It's good... unlike anything I've had before..." He grinned goofily, tilting the glass for another sip of the scotch as he mulled over Matt's words.

"I guess you're right... maybe I'll be the one who ends up with a... pretty crystal staff in my chest when I get out there for my first mission... eventually..." He laughed. He knew that he couldn't win that since he had no field experience to speak of at all when it came to both missions and medical emergencies. To go on would only prove that he was an ignorant idiot.

"Just... tonight?" He cocked his head to the side to look long and hard at the Moon, fixated on that sole word as if that mattered the world to him. "You're the kind who don't like commitments... burdens... do you..?"

hanging gallow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:00 pm
Ember cackled in response, clearly approving of Ever's choices.

"Uhm, it's more Game of Thrones, but like, less death. You can romance people, which is super great!" The deer in the headlight look from Ever, and the one of curiosity from Zeke, finally made their way through Ember's-- admittedly-- thick skull.

"OH. Yes, this character is like, a girl. But I'm a boy. Although, if I look androgynous, that is totally preferred and I won't like, get offended or anything, Asmodeus forbid."

Turning more to Zeke, the Sun trainee tilted his head. "Ohhh, neat! Do you like, study all the titans and undersea things out there? I was going to go to college, but decided to take a year off to help at home. But...now I'm here! I better figure out what I want to do, but there's so many choices. What do you guys do now?"

and be blue
;; sorry yesterday was busy MY BAD

beejoux
I'M SORRY I AM THE SLOW

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:22 pm
The room was slightly spinning for Matt; he had just enough to keep the buzz loud in his head but not enough that he would forget everything or end up on the floor. The scotch for Kyle on the other hand may have been a little too much, but at least he was still adorable with his goofy grin. He swirled the glass before taking a sip, only to grin at the other hunter.

“Trust me you do not what a crystal staff in your chest. It hurt like hell and leaves a nasty scar even with the quick healing. If I can help it you won’t have that problem maybe... I can’t make a sincere promise… ” At least not to be left alone with someone willing to stab you in the chest with a crystal staff after they were possessed that he could promise. It may have turned out differently if someone else was with him.

“Tonight is a first date.” Matt chuckled as Kyle looked at him, almost bothered by the one word or maybe it was just the drinks. “Commitments are not burdens… I like commitments I just don’t have one yet...unless you're offering.”

baby_gwing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:40 pm
Sitting up a little, Kyle smiled and gestured with his hands while he spoke though it might have come out as random flailing with his current inebriated state. ”Won’t hurt as much... if you cut one end off before yanking it out.” A chuckle. He wasn’t that wasted to the point that he was going to pass out soon. But he certainly wasn’t thinking straight though there were brief seemingly sober moments when he acted more normal and his speech wasn’t slurred due to certain things that Matt brought up.

”If it happens, it happens. You can’t be there all the time to play hero. I can hold my own if I ******** things up.” He didn’t need someone’s death or injury to be on his conscience. If he was meant to take the hit and learn from his own mistakes, he wouldn’t want someone there to take it in his place. Even more so if it was someone he cared about.

”Think of it as... part of the learning on the job experience...” He took a small sip, making the same mistake of swallowing the scotch too quickly again. ”So it is…” The burn that went down his throat didn’t bother him as much this time. On the other hand, it helped to grant him the clarity of thought that he needed for the loaded question that Matt had tossed into his court.

”Commitments are good... so are responsibilities.” He began, his gaze fixated on the Moon hunter now as he stretched a hand out, all the fingers curled into his palm save for the last one. A pinky promise, as childish as it may seem, should Matt choose to take it. ”I’ll... give you everything if you’re fine with giving up the rest of the world…”

hanging gallow

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:25 pm
Matt laughed as Kyle waved his arms, mentioning about how a staff wouldn’t hurt if you just cut it and yank it out. Unfortunately that was not an option for him, it was a stab and yank and leave for dead sort of situation, he had just been lucky someone had come by to retrieve him. “The problem is that the weapon belongs to someone they want it back you know they aren’t just going to leave it with you out of courtesy.”

He took another sip of his drink, he was getting closer to the bottom and there was some debate in him for another. It was an almost dangerous thought. “No your right I can’t be there all the time, but you can’t stop me from trying. Think of it as doing my job for the most part, I am suppose to be background support and that is exactly what I will do. I will do what I can to make sure you and everyone else can still fight.” There was little Kyle could say to convince him otherwise; it would end in a stalemate between the two if he let it.

“Responsibilities?” Grinning he watched as the hunter held out his hand, his pinky uncurled waiting for a promise. Nostalgic, it reminded him of someone he didn’t want to think about but all the same it was almost too adorable to resist. “Give me everything hrrm…” There was a moment pause before he took Kyle’s pinky curling his own around pinky around it. “Alright I’ll promise to give you everything if you’re fine with giving up on the rest of the world as well.”

baby_gwing

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces