Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ prp ] and now its cold ( leslie & rhys ) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:07 am
"No ********' in the haunted house," he said while still making a face, "got it." His expression contorted even more so as Leslie went on to describe what sounded like castration by runic means. "That's reversible, right? Both of 'em, I mean."

Rhys idly put the magazine away as he processed the information a bit more. "Anything else I should know about? That's some pretty messed up s**t, so I dunno how anything else can top it."

lurks beneath

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:34 am
"Ice crotch, sure. Lasts like a week. The other stuff? Dunno. Don't know anyone that's lived to tell the tail."

Leslie nodded, this time gravely serious. His face almost seemed to pale, while describing it, and his shoulders slumped."Yeah. One more thing. Sometimes, when you get sent to a base-- this red eye s**t happens. It's uncontrollable, and you just-- lose it. Everything starts being about winning, at any cost, and it pits you against the ones that are there with you. You will totally kill a lot of ******** people, or they'll try to kill you. There's not really a way to end it till it's too late and everyone's dead, unless your willpower is disgustingly strong."

His hadn't been.

"You're like a bunch of animals on the hunt, predators like some sort of big cat. Angry. Powerful. Hungry."

Sometimes, we still taste it, Aleria crooned, curling around his mind like a serpent. Red on our tongue, an offering, a promise bent and broken.

"You come up out of it and dip back into it, and it gets harder and harder to tell every time. But. Like I said. Pretty rare, and no one knows how or why, or at least no one that shares with me."

_ p a o cx

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:13 pm
What he described sounded like stuff cheap horror movies were made of, where a guy gets sent to some remote island and gets possessed by something there and then kills everyone on the island by the end of the movie. His expression was morbid as the idea sank in; there was a chance (slightl, but it was there) that he could be that guy, and by the look on Leslie's face Rhys could only assume that he didn't want to be that ********," he grumbled as he leaned back into his chair. "Guess I should appreciate the warning. That doesn't really make me look forward to living here for the rest of my life, though."

Not that he expected a cushy life or anything, he just...underestimated what the recruiter had explained to him. His mistake, and one he couldn't turn back and undo. Perfect.

"So should I just run for it if that happens to someone nearby or what?"

xlurks beneath
Sorry, totally didn't realize it was my tag. OTL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:21 pm
"Welcome to Deus," Leslie replied, tone dry. "There's upsides, and you get to do some good and cancel some really bad s**t that goes down, but yeah. It's sometimes pretty s**t."

He turned a page in his book.

"You can try, but it probably won't do any good, frankly. It spreads across a location, although I don't ******** know how. And they usually kill the thing that keeps pendants online so you can port out, sooo." He shrugged. "When you get hit, you drop out of it. But then it gets easier to go under every time. A few days in, you may not even notice the difference, or want to be under. The likelihood of seeing it is pretty slim, honestly, but...I'd rather you not go in unaware. Or something. Wish someone had warned me, in more detail."

_ p a o cx
it's okay! i didn't mean to nag just going through my tags sdhfsjsdfl

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:36 pm
"'Really s**t' sounds better," he said as he grabbed a magazine again--a different one this time--and opened it to some random page. The rest of the explanation didn't really make him feel a whole lot better, and it painted a bloody picture, sure, but at least he wasn't going in blind in case it does happen.

Rhys read in silence for a beat, just kept his thoughts focused on the article to try and keep his mood from plummeting. It wasn't doing him a whole lot of good though, so when he flipped to the next page he asked.

"So what were those upsides you were talking about?"

lurks beneath

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:57 pm
"Well," Leslie said, closing his book. "We're basically immortal. No normal human is ever gonna be able to do jack s**t to us unless we leave our weapon behind-- DON'T, do that, by the ******** way--" He was a hypocrite, but.

"And we age slower, so far as I can tell with King Assholes number one and two, Caelius and Dr. H. Don't have to pay room or board, and the pay sucks to start but it gets better once you rank up. All of your worries and fears growing up are totally ******** true, as far as shadows go."

Leslie leaned back in his chair, tipping it. "Keeping bad s**t from happening to the world is pretty okay, I guess. Knowing that it'd all be in ******** pieces except for us. Sort of superhero-y except even more secret than a secret identity."

He shrugged. "All that's good enough to me."

_ p a o cx

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:04 am
Immortality (even the relative kind) seemed a decent perk, so was the aging bit. The free room and board was one of the things that caught his attention during his recruitment, and he'd at least heard about the salary even though he hadn't seen his yet. The way Leslie described the organization as "superhero-y" got him to c**k his brow but he let it go and flipped the page again.

"Vigilantes, almost?" he asked when it seemed Leslie was done talking, then gave a shrug that mirrored the one his colleague had just done. "Yeah, that kinda doesn't sound all that bad."

lurks beneath
Tag finally.. exam things be like "y u no ready" so I postponed. As a result, here, have a tag. lol

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff