Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Chronicles of Magesc

Back to Guilds

A breedable/changing pet shop guild for role play. 

Tags: Magesc, Soudana, Seren, Abronaxus, Dragon 

Reply The Hunts ❄ Hunting Forum
Stalking Peisio [Khaldera]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Orpheus Solon rolled 10 100-sided dice: 89, 32, 30, 56, 78, 88, 16, 67, 41, 16 Total: 513 (10-1000)

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:27 am
Character: Khaldera
Stage: Orakovan
Luk: 30 + 1 Luk exp
Dragon: Peisio x 10

Failure: 1-40
Success: 41-100

44 ( 35/44 ) = 35 x 6 = 210

22 ( 35/44 ) = 17.5 x 4 = 70

280 + 2 (left over from last battle) = Boosted to level 50 with 3 left over

~ + 6 Levels
~ + 6 Luk Exp (dragons are only worth this) = 2 Luk Points
~ + 6 Peisio Orbs

Words Needed: 3000  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:07 pm
Khaldera was on the hunt for the dragons that had gotten away. The one that she had dubbed the 'runner' was the most dangerous if you asked her, if only because it was the one that knew she was out here fighting with the Peisio dragons. That she was fighting and kill the dragons, it was something that was going to cause trouble, cause the dragons to group up to come after her, and that wasn't something that she could allow. No, she would need to catch up to the runner and take him out, to make sure that he was unable to call for help. Passed the runner though there was the messenger to consider. What was it that the messenger was telling the other dragons? Was he telling the others that it was the time to strike, perhaps? Not something that she wanted to even consider because that meant that they could very well be out there gathering in large numbers, preparing for a war that Khaldera didn't want to find her people caught up in.

In the long run though she knew that it really didn't matter what she wanted or didn't want when it came to the Peisio dragons. What mattered most was just dealing with the threat before anymore damage was caused. She would protect her people from them, gather up their orbs, and she would use them for the ritual that she would soon be taking part in. Turning her head she looked toward Kamau who was swimming along at her side, giving him a long look, before she said, "I hope to catch up with the runner because it is able to catch up with the others. I will take care of it, to keep it from squealing about what I have done to this point." She turned ahead once more and added, "It will be up to you too try to stay hidden from view of any dragons we come across. If we run into them in large numbers I don't want you to be at risk. Your safety comes before that of even fetching dragon orbs, got it?"

Kamau starred at her, his silvery eyes wide, before he gave a slow nod of his head, "Ah, yes, Mistress Khaldera. I will be careful." that she would take his safety into consideration and even find him to be more important then the dragon orbs that she was seeking, it was a wonderful feeling. He didn't want to gush too much over it or seem soft, as such he did his best to keep his smiling under control. He didn't want to look foolish in front of his soon to be leader after all. If anything he wanted to do as she requested, to keep out of the way, keep safe, and collect all the orbs that he could. If he was able to do all of those things perhaps he would prove himself to Mistress Khaldera? He sure hoped so, he wanted her to look upon him with favorable eyes when she was in charge after all.

"I will do my best to see that all of the orbs are collected... provided of course that I don't cause problems while I do so." He would need to be sure he didn't get himself caught up in any of her fights. If he got himself hurt she was sure to be displeased and a displeased female was never a good thing in their clan. If anything it tended to lead to punishment for those like Kamau.

Giving a nod of her head Khaldera said, "Good, I am glad you understand." It made things so much easier when a breeder did as they were told. Kamau was smart enough meaning that he would take everything that she said to heart. If he did that then she wouldn't have to worry about him and could instead concentrate ompletely on the battles that were ahead of her. Her tail gave a twitch, her sharp teeth clicking together, as she said, "I see the runner now. It seems that first spell of mine must have hit it, might even have slowed it down a bit." The dragon seemed in fact to be taking a short break, wanting to to heal itself most likely. A good thing, it meant that she would be able to get the jump on this one, "I am going to finish it off while its distracted with healing its wounds. You stay back and wait."

Rushing forward toward the dragon she picked up as much speed as she could before crashing into the dragon's side, the two of them rolling end over end for a moment before she was able to catch hold of the Peisio, all of her claws digging in. Once she had a good hold on the beast she set to work biting it anywhere and everywhere that she could reach, making a bit of a mess of the creature in a short amount of time, before landing a killing blow that caused the creature to crumble away. Once it had done so she caught the dragon's orb with her clawed forefoot, tossing it to Kamau, "Add that to the basket then let us be on our way." She gave the little breeder a nod before swimming onward once more. They had taken care of the runner but there was still the messenger to think about, as well as whoever the messenger was reporting back to. There was still far too much that she did know and wouldn't know until she got to wherever the messenger had gotten off to.

"Once we spot anymore dragons you will hide once more, got it?" Khaldera said, once more reminding Kamau what it was that he was to do before they were swimming along again at the fastest speed that Kamau could manage. She wasn't going as fast as she could but she didn't want to risk him lagging behind. It might take a little longer then she'd like but at least she wouldn't ware herself out on the way, right? The silver lining to the situation she thought idly as she went.

(( Word Count: 1025/3000 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:36 pm
Khaldera race forward as quickly as she could, eyes flicking back and forth, seeking out the messenger that she knew was around somewhere. She had to find that one, catch up with it, and stop it from going to tattle to the other dragons that she knew were around somewhere. Or did she...? Killing the messenger would be a good idea, but at the same time couldn't she use it instead? She could find it, follow it back to wherever the rest of its group was located, and destroy them all where they were waiting. It would be a little more risky since she wasn't sure how many dragons would be waiting for her but at least she would know exactly what group of Peisios were causing her clan all the hassle. It was hard to decide though, especially given the fact that she had Kamau with her. She couldn't risk one of the clan's precious breeders after all. She was torn on how she wanted to go about this... and decided that she would just have to see how things went.

There was always the chance they might not catch up with the messenger in time, there was the chance that fighting the group of Peisio as a whole wouldn't be her choice and instead what she was forced to do. It meant that at the moment the only thing that she could do was continue ever forward, keep her eyes open, and assess the situations as she approached them. She couldn't try to plan too far ahead when she didn't know what might be waiting for her out there. One dragon, ten dragons, dozens of them... though if it were the latter then she might need to approach with a lot of caution. That would take some doing though given that she was a creature that was far from being the queen of stealth. In fact she was someone able to glow in the dark making her stand out this deep in the ocean. There would be very little chance for her to sneak about or to back stab the dragons.

"There is a good chance we are going to come face to face with the creatures in a large group. Not something that I care for but it's a danger I will risk if it means clearing out the dragons that are trying to mess with our people." She said to Kamau as they went. Perhaps if she started to gather her magic now, to create a grand spell, she would be able to take care of at least some of the dragons when they finally found them? Her tail gave a thoughtful sort of twitch as she considered the option.

As she did so Kamau spoke up, "I-I think I see movement, Mistress." It was a comment that instantly had Khaldera's full attention as he looked around, teeth clicking together, as she spotted the source of movement. The messenger! She was about to go after the Peisio when she saw more movement, that of a pair of other dragons, those that the messenger seemed to be reporting back to. The question became instantly what that messenger dragon might know. Was it aware that Khaldera had killed some of the others? Had it heard from the runner what was going on? Should she allow them to chat? Should she swiftly kill them off before they could plot against her? Giving a rumbling growl she said, "Kamau, I am going to go and deal with those three. You wait for me." She told the smaller male before she went rushing forward.

A blast of Diabi magic hit the trio of dragons before Khaldera herself did, throwing them off guard, as well injuring them a bit. The three were given a once over as she approached before she went at the one that appeared to be the most injured, going at it with fang and claw. It was a swift and savage sort of attack, one that allowed her to put the dragon down quite easily, and she was able to net herself another of the beautiful Peisio orbs. A shame that she wasn't able to enjoy it though. Just as she caught it with her forefoot she was hit with a water spell that sent her 'flying' through the water.

It took her a moment to right herself but after she did so she realized that she was alone. The dragons had... fled? Giving a snarling sound she spat out, "What is it with the Peisio being such cowards?!" Where had they gone? To their fellows, perhaps? Or were they just running to run? It was hard to say but all that she knew for certain was that they were no longer present meaning that they could be anywhere, "Come, Kamau! We are going to hunt them down!" She called to the breeder before she raced forward once more, following after what she could follow of the Peisio's scent, hoping that she could catch up with the pair. The sooner she did so the less likely it was that they were able to team up with any of the other dragons, something that would make Khaldera's job a whole lot more difficult.

(( Word Count: 1897/3000 ))

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:15 pm
Khaldera wasn't sure if she should be happy or displeased when she finally caught up with the two dragons that had earlier fled from her. There was the more feral part of her that was delighted that she was actually able to do so, there was also the part of her that was a bit worried when she saw the two dragons join with what appeared to be six others. So a total of eight stood before her now, did they? It was an impressive group... dangerous as well. It was going to take everything she had to keep from being decimated by this amount of dragons if she wasn't careful as well as ruthless. She couldn't very well just wait and do nothing. She had to fight, now, without any sort of hesitation. With this thought in mind she rushed forward, going after the closest dragon to her, allowing her claws to dig into it, her many sharp skin sinking in as well.

The first kill was one that she made in a manner that was swift and bloody, with her making sure to show the rest of the dragons that she wasn't going to back down. Giving a snarl she spat out, "I am Khaldera of the Deep Sea Clan! I have come to put the lot of you down for my people!" With that she lunged forward again, her hostility and vicious manner in which she was attacking enough to scattered the Peisio in all directions. For them to do such a thing made things a lot easier for her. If they stayed together as a group, if they worked together and attacked as a whole, she wouldn't have had a chance... but they allowed fear to rule them. Good, it would merely make this easier for her she thought to herself as she went after another of the dragons. The orbs that dropped from them were going to have to wait, what was more important at the moment was putting these dragons down. Even if that meant that some of her precious orbs ended up lost to the darkness of the sea.

The angler merkora's claws dug into the back of another of the Peisio dragons, allowing her to cling to it's back as she released a multi-blast of diabi magic toward a couple others who were off to the left of her current 'perch'. The dragons were knocked off kilter, one taking the brunt of the spell while the other just got the edge of it. The dragon that was more injured was the one that she'd take out next she thought to herself as she 'climbed' the dragons' back, sinking her many sharp teeth into the back of it's neck, crushing down on it's spine. The dragon gave a spasm before it started to crumble apart, her cue to move. From her 'perch' she went for the dragon that she'd injured with her spell, roaring as she did so. The more that she tried to intimidated the better, it would keep them from thinking clearly.

Khaldera's form slammed into that of the injured dragon and she was quick to attack this one with as much savagery as she had the last one. It wasn't long before the second dragon set to crumbling apart as well. Two down, six to go she thought to herself as she looked from side to side, deciding where she wanted to go next. Best that she went after the dragon right in front of her, to keep it from fleeing. The Peisio dragons had already proven to her on a couple occasions that they would flee from her if there was an opening to do so. That meant that she was going to have to put them down quickly before they were able to do such a pathetic thing.

Rushing forward toward the dragon that was just in front of her set released another blast of magical energy, throwing it off kilter a bit, "You will no escape me as your cohorts have tried time and again to do!" She snarled at the dragon, slashing at the dragon's vulnerable eyes with the sharp claws on her forefeet. She was able to get in a couple shots before she was knocked away by the dragon's magic, something that caused her to be thrown back a good distance. Shaking off the blow she looked toward the dragon, giving a snarl when she saw that it was casting again. It was trying to heal itself, wasn't it? Not something she was about to allow.

Giving a great roar she rushed forward once more, able to see even at a distance that the dragon's flesh was knitting itself back together. Something she put a stop to as she went after it once more, with renewed aggression, her teeth and claws once more sinking in. She was able to erase all signs that the dragon had been healing itself, then kicked it in the throat, her claws tearing in deep, finishing it off before it even realized how badly it had been injured. From there she launched herself toward the closest of the dragons, engaging this one next.

The battle against the dragon was as swift as with the others, with Khaldera making sure that her claws went for all the more delicate and squishy bits of the Peisio. The eyes, throat, spine, and other vulnerable areas were all her targets. With as many dragons as had gathered in this area, all of which she wanted to kill, she couldn't waste her time. She had to be as swift and precise as one could possibly be when fighting it out with a dragon who was doing just as much in its attempts to kill her in turn. Only once the dragon had been put down did she looked around, seeking out the other dragons... and saw nothing.

"You have got to be kidding me!" She snarled, looking around for a moment, trying to spot any sign of them. It was just as she was about to shriek in frustration that Kamau, carrying a basket heavy with dragon orbs, swam up to her.

"T-They went that way, M-Mistress." He said in a hushed tone, knowing that she wasn't in the best of moods, not wanting to make it worse it would appear. Turning in the direction that the group of dragons had retreated in Khaldera would realize that they were moving toward the territory of the Deep Sea Clan. So they fled from her in order to lash out? They thought that she would allow them to do such a thing? To skip passed her to try to take on her clan instead? Foolish bastards... she would kill them all!

"Come along, Kamau, we are going to finish those fools off!" She snarled, giving him a slight push in that direction before she went rushing after the the last four Peisio dragons. She'd finish them off and then and only then would her people be safe for their attacks. Once they were safe from these wannabe usurpers she'd return to her training, become a Merkorian, and see to it that the clan was moved some place safer! This she vowed on her mother's name.

(( Word Count: 3099/3000 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

Orpheus Solon rolled 4 100-sided dice: 58, 71, 55, 34 Total: 218 (4-400)

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:48 am
Character: Khaldera
Stage: Orakovan
Luk: 32 + 1 Luk exp
Dragon: Peisio x 4

Failure: 1-20
Success: 21-100

50 ( 35/50 ) = 35 x 4 = 140

140 + 3 (left over from last battle) = 50/50 51/51 with 39 left over

~ + 2 Levels
~ + 4 Luk Exp (dragons are only worth this) = 1 Luk Point with 1 left over
~ + 4 Peisio Orbs

Words Needed: 1200  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:53 am
The trek back to the territory of her clan was likely the most heart pounding swim that Khaldera had ever made in her life. To cover such a distance, after the battles she'd already had, and while still injured from said battle, was hard enough. Knowing that if she was too slow that they were going to attack her clan was even worse. On top of all of that was the fact that Kamau was with her, steadily falling behind in his attempt to follow her home. He was slow, but it wasn't his fault, it was just how breeders were. They didn't through all the same training that those like Khaldera did, putting him at risk. She could only hope that he didn't fall so far behind that he got lost or something, he was no only too useful tot he clan but he was carrying all of her Peisio orbs.

"Try to keep up, Kamau!" She call back to him without looking over her shoulder, continuing with the forward rush toward home. As much as she wanted to wait for him she knew that she couldn't risk doing so any longer. The good of her clan had to come before the good of one member of said clan, Kamau must understand this or else he wouldn't have risked his life to bring her news of the Peisio invasion. He knew the risks and that just made him appear that much braver in her eyes as she rushed forward after the dragons.

It took a bit of time but she was able to catch up with the slowest of the dragons, grabbing hold of it by the tail, before she set to work all but climbing the creature. It didn't seem to want to slow down, not wanting to lose its fellows, but at the same time having a angler merkora holding onto its back it still slowed down regardless. Not only was she slowing the beast down but she meant to do more then that, to tear it apart if possible, as she dragged herself forward toward the beast's head. Once she got there she sank the claws of her forefeet, as well as her many sharp teeth, all into the dragon's spine. There was a sickening crunch that happened before the dragon started to crumbled apart. Before it had vanished completely Khaldera was already swimming ahead, trying to close the distance between herself and the trio of dragons that remained.

Unbeknownst to her Kamau was able to catch the orb that had been left behind, lucking it away into the basket, before he was once more following along. He was doing his best to follow orders, to stay at a safe distance away from the fighting but to also fetch and carry every orb that was dropped by the dragons his mistress was killing. If she killed the last three, and he fetched all three orbs, he'd be carrying with him thirteen of the sparkling baubles. He really couldn't help but to be completely in awe of Khaldera, knowing full well that once she became leader of the Deep Sea Clan that they would only benefit from it.

Pushing herself ever forward Khaldera worked on dividing her energy between swimming and preparing a spell. She had to slow the dragons down a bit, to stop their rush forward toward her clan's territory, so that she could finish them off. They were a danger, one that was growing more and more dangerous the closer they got, and it was something that was making Khaldera's chest ache a bit. Sending a spell forward the dark power stabbed deep into one of the dragons, causing it to falter, impaling itself upon a sharp gathering of rocks. She gave it a hiss as she passed it, leaving it to die on its own, so that she could continue to follow the final two.

Behind her Kamau slowed to a halt in front of the dragon, watching it, and allowing it to crumble away into nothingness. As it did so the merkora reached out, catching it in his forefoot, and tucked it into his basket. Once it was safely within he was once more following along after Khaldera though he'd almost lost sight of her now. It meant pushing himself more then was usual, trying to catch back up with her once again.

He'd have his chance to finally catch up as the dragons that Khaldera had been chasing, and picking off, finally reacted to her. The pair turned around to face her, both giving great roars, as they gathered their magical energy to themselves. They meant to use the magic to stop her, didn't they? Something that instantly had Khaldera gathering her own power in hopes to stop them in their tracks. What came next, as Khaldera and the two Peisio cast at once, was a rather large explosion of magic that sent all three of them flying in different directions. One dragon crashed into a rocky structure, causing it to collapse onto the dragon, the other merely flipped a few times before regaining its 'footing', while Khaldera found herself being... caught?

Turning her head she found herself looking at a rather dazed looking Kamau, the breeder having done his best to catch her, though it seemed to have knocked him a bit senseless. Khaldera blinked a couple times, sighed, and said, "You're supposed to be acting cautiously, Kamau." She chided him, though there was no malice in her words, if anything she sounded quite affectionate. After giving him a pat on the head she lunged for the remaining dragon, the two of them quickly finding themselves locked together in a blood brawl. As she did her best to finish off the final dragon, something that stained the surrounding water red, others were drawn to the battle ground.

Members of the Deep Sea Clan arrived, watching a battle that was mostly obscured by the blood in the water and the darkness of the depths they were at. Even the glimmering jewels they used to see by weren't enough to allow them to see everything going on. It wasn't until Khaldera had finished off the dragon, and the water started to clear, that they realized what was going on. Khaldera snagged her orb before it could float away, tossing it toward Kamau, before she hissed out between her many sharp teeth, "I think its about time that we all sit down and talk, my dears sisters." She'd been fighting for who knew how long, risking her life, and now that the fight was over they arrived?

Shaking her head she said, "I would like to hear about what you were planning to do about these damned Peisios, why you allowed them to pick at our clan, and why it took one of our breeders to see it put to an end!" She was done with allowing those who were older and 'more experienced' run things when they were doing it in a piss poor manner. She was meant to rule over them once she got old enough and strong enough, until then there were others who were 'in charge' until that day. She was nearly there but that didn't mean she wouldn't voice her opinions now.

As she barked at them Kamau went around collecting the last of the dragon orbs, bringing the basket full of them over to Khaldera, remaining quietly at her side as spoke. Nobody was about to interrupt their future leader as she spoke after all.

(( Word Count: 1250 ))

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

The Hunts ❄ Hunting Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas