Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:23 am
I'm in the process of making a darker themed pride to act as a boogieman for some prides and I would like to include anyone who's interested in it in the creation process. So your opinion on things matters! I would like to make something that I'm not the sole creator of, but rather a collaboration between several. If you have any suggestions, ideas or anything, you're more than welcome to let them be known! If you'd rather not post them, you're always free to PM me.

In the spoiler below I have sort of...footnotes that I've created by just throwing things down. A good amount of it is likely set in stone, but can be tweaked to be easier on people, make more sense, etc. A fair section though can be completely changed. I also put in some ideas that I've been tossing around, but can't come up with something concrete. Please be aware that a lot of it is intentionally left vague for this portion of the development as they're just base ideas.

It may seem like a lot, but it's not that bad! I promise. <3

A bit of warning, I have no idea if this will actually happen. It's something I'd love to do, but I tend to do I/T ideas as a stress relief and this one has been sticking out like a sore thumb since I started the bones. If it does, I have no ETA on anything. Sorry. Please try not to get your hopes up. ;;

If this does happen, it'll need a co-owner, maybe two. I can't run this show on my own. I have too many other obligations and would need help keeping stuff rolling, thinking of new things and managing stuff. If you're interested, feel free to IM me (AIM @ nnrgh) or PM me.

Group's Name
- Ejele? means "prison"
- Umlotha? means "ash"
- Open for ideas!

Species
- I'm considering either wild dog or lion. Leaning towards lion.
- OB would likely be thin, lanky and fast, but with horrible stamina.

Colors
- Blacks, whites, browns and those in-between those three are ideal. Pastels are allowed as a sort of sister-color to white. Darker colors are also allowed, as a sort of cousin-color to black.
- Extremely bright colors would never be allowed in and cubs with bright coats would be abandoned out due to a stigma against them.

Bright colors in MINOR markings is okay: example
- subject to individual examination

Ideal: 1 2
Okay: 1 2
Denied: 1 2

Naming
- Traditionally short. Three letters is the norm. Not forced though.

Religion
- Belief in elemental Old Gods (also called Primals) who are responsible for the world continuing to move. Fire, water, wind and earth exist in their lore. Light and dark also exist, but are considered parent Primals to the rest (ie. the creators) and are beyond mortal comprehension.
- Old Gods created the brothers Tyr and Ral, as well as Sem, who would become Tyr's mate.
- Sem is seen as the mother of all, the backup blueprint for everything and was thus Pure, Ral the protector and Tyr the provider.
- Ral's attempted to kill Tyr out of jealousy after Sem gave birth to three daughters as he also loved Sem. Ended up killing Sem instead.
- The Old Gods cursed Ral and his kin to protect the three daughters of Sem for eternity as punishment for his crime.
- In his grief, the Primal of fire wept for Sem and his tears were embers that burned the world. Ral retreated underground with the three children of Sem to keep them safe. Before being completely engulfed, more joined their, creating the start of the group.

- The Old Gods, Sem and Ral are the main religious figures. Tyr is mostly obscure.

Ranks
- Ruling party is still up in the air. I don't feel a typical monarchy would work for them. Maybe an elder?
- Pure and Champion are set in stone.
- Pure are considered to be the descendants of the daughters of Sem. This is a hereditary rank and is only an option parents is also Pure. Must be pure white, or if they possess markings, they must only be a few shades off of white.
- Champions are the kin of Ral. A rank bestowed to dark members, typically black, not forced, but it considered an honor to serve as the personal guard to a Pure. They are seen as cursed thanks to Ral and must work to redeem themselves in this world so they can pass to the next. They guard one Pure for their lifetime and most are exiled or killed if they fail in their duty. Natural causes results in reassignment.
- Warriors for sure. Possibly named Raider instead? Gotta figure this bit out.
- Witch~
- Scavengers instead of Hunters.
- Other ranks are up in the air?

Land
- Scorched, black dirt. Very little rain. Wildfires are seen frequently.
- The sun during the day is easily fatal, so they're nocturnal.
- Group is sort of stuck something in the middle of this unforgiving land.
- Hard to leave due to distance + little water/food. Most don't have the energy or stamina to leave after they've been there for a while.
- Have to hoard food, water and strength before leaving for trips or permanently.
- Pride lives mostly underground in caves with bioluminescent fungi and moss, except at night when they come out.

Old & New Blood
- The pack/pride will very likely (pretty much guaranteed) be xenophobic, with joining not always being open, except in cubnapping cases, which will always be open.
- Bloodlines will be extremely important to the group.
- Rogues join as a new member (New Blood [NB]), or if they're blank slate, they can be an old member or related to one (Old Blood [OB]).

- OB is typically thin, lanky with messy fur and most are faster than normal, but their stamina is crap.

- If the offspring have both NB parents, they are NB.
- If the offspring have even one OB parent, they are OB.

Cubnapping
- Thanks to bloodlines being important, those able to make it to the edges of the land and beyond usually go out of their way to bring NB back, typically in the form of cubs who are too young to know what's going on.

Blindness
- Thanks to their xenophobic ways, inbreeded used to run rampant and is still a fairly common problem, though they're getting better at keeping track of cousins.
- Because of this inbreeding, OB members have a chance of passing blindness to their offspring.
- One OB parent: 10% chance.
- Two OB parents: 20% chance.
- For each OB parent that is also blind: +5% chance.

Other Stuff - to figure out
- Bio-luminescent paint?
- Coming of age, if any?
- How do they handle birth, death?
- Monthly (or bi-montly) prompts? (handled by one person, most likely)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:40 am
User Image

She has too much pastel rainbow to be considered a pure right? But she could fit into this pride yes?

I'm interested in it and this is the only suitable character I'd have.

Since they revolve around elemental gods, Maybe when it comes to death they can handle that by setting the bodies on fire so that their ashes can be taken away by the wind and given back to the earth. :3

I also like the idea of an Elder. Kind of like the Oldest and wisest of the pride members. But overall it would be like a (democracy?) pride where individuals do council meetings monthly or quarterly to discuss important matters or hold last minute meetings if something serious comes up?

That's all I really have for right now. XD  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:38 am
If they're mystic/superstitious, maybe a sort of priesthood ruler/ruling class? Like a tribal chief, or a high shaman.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:16 am
I like this. biggrin  

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:49 am
I was considering something like Mother as the head? Sort of a 'high priest' kinda deal and/or then maybe an Elder, which could act as a more pride leader? Due to the nature of their survival, I figure it'd be closer to a democracy. o:

Also, WD or lion guys? I'm leaning lion since they're more plentiful overall and people might have things to fit in.

I definitely like the idea of setting fire to their dead.
- Idea: Maybe they believe they can reignite the Primal of fire (OH YEAH I forgot that part)

Note to self:
- work out why they hate bright colors.
- add in that Primal of fire is believed to be dormant as it was done mourning, fire is now believed to be wild, uncontrollable with no master
- possible ritual scarification on dark pelts to keep records?

@Astoria's question:
- Since Pure is (currently, but could change) a hereditary rank (only available if one parent is Pure), so she couldn't be Pure, buuuut... Most pale lions, especially mostly white, would probably be considered to be a relative of Sem -somehow- and generally looked upon well? I dunno, that's a good question though! She would DEFINITELY be acceptable though, preferred even. Witches will very likely essentially be everything a Pure is, but without the fancy title or the prestige and maybe a few extra tasks. So that could be an option. <3 THANKS FOR THE FOOD FOR THOUGHT. <3

I'll be working out a more in-depth guide (with examples~) to explain what colors would be okay for what things. For Pure, as it stands, I'll probably just do like...10% of the lion in question can be colors, 40%-50% off-shades of white (for markings other than the colored ones), but has to be 50% white. Line colors won't count against that, only droppered ones.

Champions will be any dark color and will not be hereditary, but traditionally shades of black (since you can only go so dark on SoA lines before you lose them). Sooo that rank will be more lenient. Chances are, on Pure and Champion will be color-coded ranks.

On that note, I'd definitely be giving away several Pure if we go the hereditary route, since that would make the most sense thanks to their xenophobic ways, to try and make it so that rank -is- possible to get. It is meant to be a more limited rank though, so that's the reason for the hereditary idea for it.

Lots to figure out. <3 Thiiis is why I wanted to do this~

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:28 pm
I like lions.  

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:11 pm
I think I'd vote lion too. WDs would be nice, but I think there'd be more options for lions.

Put in a little thing about co-owners in the OP, in case anyone's interested. Working on fleshing out key parts, will be up sometime soon for review, suggestions and more ideas.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:40 pm
Really like this idea! Will re-read and try and put forward some ideas tomorrow when I am more awake. But like lions, mainly because they seem more plentiful so there would be more chances for proper-coloured soa amoung them.  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:08 pm
I like this idea.
Also, my vote goes to lions. There's just so many more of them out there than WDs it'd be easier to get interest/proper colours if it was a lion pride compare to WD pack.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:48 pm
Lions it is! I definitely agree for all the reasons yall mentioned. I'll be working on fancying up something and getting the actual I/T going. I'll leave this up for discussion though!

Any ideas on name preference for the pride itself? Or have any suggestions? c:

Another idea I'm thinking is prompts, changed regularly (either every month or every other month) that have rewards attached to them. They'll be timed (like 1-2 weeks to do it) and limited (so like..only 5 people can do this prompt, 2 can do that one, etc). Sorta like quests I guess? As for rewards, I probably won't offer customs except for large ones maybe, but they'd be small things, maybe small items/edits, ranks, maybe the privilege to a breed with someone special (like a Pure or someone else of mine in the pride). Could be IC rewards too. They'll mainly function as something fun and extra, nothing overly important so if this is scrapped, it won't be detrimental to the idea.

Update: New Blood will be renamed First Blood.

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:10 am
I'll put someone in here as soon as I have one that fits. XD I'm seriously down on lion blank slates right now.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:51 pm
Tanakako
I'll put someone in here as soon as I have one that fits. XD I'm seriously down on lion blank slates right now.

She has a Custom Portion in the I/T thread smile  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:39 am
AstoriaFallen
She has a Custom Portion in the I/T thread smile

Yay Thanks!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:51 am
The quest idea sounds like it could be a great deal of fun. The Kuroi'nera used to do something like that, and it was very interesting.  

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:19 am
I'd vote for Umlotha for obvious reasons. :"D And volunteer Fleance for anything you need.  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff