Not that I plan on ranting here, but it's a run-down of the thing causing a great deal of suffering at work. In short, about a month ago I applied to a position in my workplace that would essentially raise my pay for something I was already doing- taking care of a certain area of the store that currently had no lead, a person that should be on top of that entire area of the store in question. I did not receive the position for some reason or another (it was never explained), and I was alright with that despite things being fine the way they were before.

Except things are now much worse.

The person hired to that position is a friend of mine that does not do anything, or even know things vital to fill the position. Meanwhile the managers are having me fulfill the tasks associated with that position as I did before- but someone else, a friend, is receiving all of the perks of being a lead while I'm being assigned to do their job and listen to them kick back and talk about how they're never doing anything as a lead like it's the most awesome thing ever, blissfully unaware of the current situation. It's frustrating, and everyone I vented this problem to can't understand the decision that now has me going above and beyond while a friend gets paid for my efforts.

So, some time in the near future, I'm going to visit my head supervisor and make them aware of this situation.

ITT: Input and job woes