Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Its Not Goodbye (Meixiang x Leo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:39 pm
She had been a nervous wreck for a good portion of the last couple of weeks. The adventure at the village eased it just a bit, but once she had returned to the school it all came creeping back. She couldn't drag her feet for much longer. Meixiang had plans. Big plans for her life. And being stuck here at this school because she was afraid to leave would only hinder it.

The ghoul needed some free time from all the packing she had been doing. Though she still had to take her graduation exam it was only a matter of time. She had shot a text over to Leo inviting her to a little cafe that she had gone to with Roch a few months ago. They had delicious cinnamon rolls.

Having not seen her friend in what seemed a very long time, she was curious as to how the mare was fairing.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:41 am
It'd been just another day of school for Leo, combined with taking care of her minipets and practicing her battle skills as her mentor had told her too. It was monotony, but a gentle sort that the Mare didn't mind; it kept her mind occupied and her days filled.

Still, Mei's text had been a welcome reprieve. She'd made sure the pets were taken care of before heading off to her destination, a cafe that she'd never been to before but had heard good things about.

"Hey," she greeted her friend, sliding into a seat. "Long time no see!" Mostly her own fault, owing to yet another absence from school.

Yayoi

Ephebe

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:10 pm
"Leo!" Meixiang smiled brightly. It was always good to see her friends but Leo just seemed to brighten her day even more than the rest. She would have leaned over the table to give the other ghoul a hug but she did not wish to spill the cup of tea she had been nursing for the last few minutes.

"I'm glad you could find the place. Although I don't imagine you wouldn't be able to. This place has become pretty popular lately. They have delicious cinnamon rolls you should try some. Or...whatever you want. I am paying." She brushed the scroll on her forehead to the side but it merely flopped back over into it's normal position.

Pulling up down the sleeve of her outside a slender hand picked up her tea cup. Though she did not drink from it just yet. "It indeed has been quite some time. I apologize for that. How have you been?"

Ephebe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:01 pm
She noticed the cup of tea that Mei was nursing and forewent a hug as well, instead holding a hand out for her friend's hand, palm upwards.

"Yep, I pretty much just had to follow the crowds to get here," she grinned, slightly lopsidedly, watching as the other ghoul battled with the scroll on her forehead. "Cinnamon rolls sound good to me, maybe a cup of hot cocoa too; I don't want you to feel obligated to pay just because you invited, though - I brought some silver myself, I can pay!"

At the heavier topic, Leo blew some curls out of her face, sighing, "no, don't apologize - it's my fault, I haven't been around much. If anyone should apologize here it's me." To the question, she thought for a few moments, trying to formulate a careful reply before giving up and going with honesty; "well, to be honest, I've been pretty shitty. Or not me, but life's been pretty shitty, you know. And me too I guess. I'm glad to be back, get away from the house again." She sighed again, heavier this time, "don't get me wrong, I love my home, but my dad's grief is pretty smothering. My brothers and I found him a therapist and I call home every day, but there's not really anything I can do for him and that gets to me when it's just us two at home. Oh," her eyes darted to Mei, startled and apologetic, "but I forgot to tell you what happened before leaving, didn't I?"

Yayoi

Ephebe

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:07 pm
Taking Leo's hand, she gave it a light squeeze. A softer smile on her lips from the previous grin.

Calling over the waitress she ordered them a couple of cinnamon buns and a hot cocoa for Leo. She waved a hand dismissively. "No its fine. I insist. A treat for my friend."

Folding her hands on the table she laughed. "Then let us agree that we are both awful and should apologize." She tilted her head slightly, a frown tugging at the corner of her lips as Leo spoke. The ghoul could tell that this weighed heavily on her friend. It was hard to see friends upset, especially when it came to family. Mei had her own family things to deal with but to hear about Leo's father being depressed tugged heavily on her heart strings. "No you hadn't. What happened Leo? If you don't mind my asking."

Ephebe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:22 am
She squeezed back, returning the smile. It was good to spend time with her friend; it was something she always missed while away from school.

"Well, thank you then," the Mare graciously gave in, already planning to retaliate another time. If not now, then surely next time she could pay.

"No I don't mind, not at all," Leo leaned back in her chair, thinking for a moment, "well, basically, my mom died. It was pretty sudden, an accident." Death in Halloween was usually pretty unexpected, at least the permanent kind. "I had to go back home, help with the memorial service - and my brothers and I agreed that someone ought to stay with my dad, at least in the beginning." It'd been a rough ordeal, but she didn't regret going home to stay with her family; it reminded her that while her mother was lost, the rest of the family was still here. "He really got on my case about not being in school here lately though, and it just didn't feel like I was helping him by being there in the end."

The waitress arrived, placing their order on the table with a smile. Leo nodded with a 'thank you' and a small smile in return, before gathering her hot cocoa and blowing on it. The warmth of it seeped into her hands and it was a reassuring feeling.

Yayoi

Ephebe

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:34 am
As Leo told her story the frown on Mei's lips grew heavier. When she finished, Mei moved her tea cup, reaching across the table to give her friend a tight hug. If she spilt her tea she didn't care. She just needed to give the other ghoul a hug. "I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss, Leo. I could never understand what pain you all must have gone through. Just know if you're ever feeling down about it I'm here with an ear and a shoulder."

She moved back into her seat as the waitress arrived. "I'm glad you decided to return to school though. Ahhh this looks delicious." Picking up a fork and knife, she cut a little piece of her cinnamon bun, eating it happily. It was just as delicious as she had remembered from last time.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:47 pm
Leo relaxed into the hug, resting her forehead on Mei's shoulder and taking a deep breath. "Thanks Mei. It's always kinda tough to talk about it, you know? But it also feels better afterwards, like a weight off my chest." Pulling back from the hug, she gave her friend a soft smile, "so I might take you up on that offer sometime. Probably not in a crowded cafe, though." The last bit turned her smile more mirthful - the thought of unloading her heart in public wasn't one she was keen on.

"Me too - but how have you been?" She gave a soft 'thank you' to the waitress, reaching out and bringing her plate closer to her before mimicking Mei and taking a bite. "Oh wow - this is amazing!" The Mare stared at the cinnamon bun like she'd never seen one before in her life.

Yayoi

Ephebe

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:13 pm
She waved her fork. "Its what friends do. And you are one of my best friends Leo. I'm always here for you. Even if we haven't seen each other in a while." Taking another bite of her bun, she then sipped her tea.

Ah well, now it was her turn. Settling her fork on the edge of the plate she fiddled with her napkin for a second before dabbing at her lips to make sure no errant crumbs would do tumbling into her lap. "They are quite delicious." She once again folded the napkin into her lap. "Me well..." Twiddling her thumbs she smiled lightly. "I've been good. Its...well its one of the reasons I asked you here. You see I'm graduating." The ghoul paused. "I just need to take my final exam and then I am leaving the school for Halloween town. I've got an apartment lined up there and am eyeing locations to start a dance studio."

In all honesty Meixiang was nervous about graduating. It was one of the reasons she had put off taking her exam for a while. She would be going out on her own instead of returning to her family home. Her parents had other avenues that they wished their daughter to take and if she returned to the compound that would be the end of what she wanted. That and the fact that she would be leaving her friends behind for the most part. Sure they could still visit from time to time. Although she supposed it wouldn't be much different than now. "I didn't want to leave without letting you know. Because I care about you so...." Brown eyes flickered to the napkin she had absentmindedly begun to wring with her hands in her lap.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:24 pm
"Likewise, Mei. Just say the word if you need me," Leo nodded to her friend with a smile.

And then she listened carefully as her friend talked. "That's great!" She threw a beam and a thumbs-up at the other ghoul, "you've got everything in order! I'm glad you're going ahead with the dance studio after all; I know you'll do great - you'll be the best dance studio in town before you know it," she said confidently, truly convinced that her friend could do anything she set her mind to.

But Mei seemed nervous about the prospect of graduating - or was it just talking about it? Either way, Leo loudly scooted her chair over to the side of the table and put her hand on the other ghoul's wrist to still the napkin-wringing, "I appreciate you letting me know, Mei - I'll definitely come to visit a lot! Maybe I'll even take some classes and you can teach me to not have two left feet, yeah?" Her smile was encouraging.

Yayoi

Ephebe

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:47 pm
Graduating. Living in her own place. It was a big step for the ghoul. She wouldn't have the safety of everyone at the school. Or what her family's compound could offer. Though her parents would still help her if she needed, just from afar.

"Its been my dream since before I can really remember." It was really the one thing in this world that motivated her. Pushed her to keep going towards the future. To make a place in this town for herself. Still it was nerve racking to think about. It was a big endeavor.

When Leo placed her hand on her wrist Mei's immediate instinct was to place her other hand a top her's. Giving her hand a small squeeze. "You better. Someone's got to keep you doing some silly dance in the middle of the floor in a panic." Meixiang laughed.

Ephebe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:40 pm
"You're almost there now," she said with an encouraging grin.

When Mei laughed, Leo laughed with her; "Right! And who better to do that than you?"

Yayoi

Ephebe

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces