Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:45 pm
And still being carded for R-Rated movies.

Oh, yeah cool  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:31 pm
As I mentioned on FB, I occasionally have to card people that are my age at the theater just because they look like teenagers. Of course, sometimes it doesn't help when some of their friends they're going to see the movie with are actually teenagers themselves... so, I just end up having to card everyone as they buy their tickets seperately. Then it becomes sort of humorous for us because I have to deal my little spiel every time ("Do you have a loyalty card?" "Do you want to get started?" "Do you want a receipt?". It makes it fast though if they've caught on to what've I said and they answer all of my questions all at once, lol. xd  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:48 pm
It was especially funny because my SIL had to show the woman HER ID to get me in and she's younger than me. I told the woman "I'm twenty-nine but I understand you have to card people who look a certain age."

Woman's eyes got all huge and she was like "Oh, I'm so sorry!" And I told her, "Hey you think I look young! That doesn't bother me one little bit!"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:56 pm
I, look exactly my age. Real good at being mistaken for both much older and younger than my age online though.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:07 pm
Mama Ame
It was especially funny because my SIL had to show the woman HER ID to get me in and she's younger than me. I told the woman "I'm twenty-nine but I understand you have to card people who look a certain age."

Woman's eyes got all huge and she was like "Oh, I'm so sorry!" And I told her, "Hey you think I look young! That doesn't bother me one little bit!"

Whenever I hear people comment ((usually to their friends, not me)) about the fact that I have to card them despite them being [insert old-enough age here], I just mentally shrug because I'm sure they think I'm younger than I look. sweatdrop

Aside from the top high-up managers at the theater, I'm basically the oldest person there now. Everyone else is either just turning 21 (or close to it) or are just graduating from high school. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:46 pm
I'm not sure why anyone would be insulted by someone thinking they look younger.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:35 pm
Mama Ame
I'm not sure why anyone would be insulted by someone thinking they look younger.

Usually it's just the inconvenience of them having to reach into their big bags to try searching for their wallet to get their ID... if they even have it in there - sometimes they've placed it in the oddest places. Or even have it with them at all. rolleyes Sometimes our customers get quite annoyed with even slightest delay of getting their tickets, getting anything from concessions, and going into their designated auditorium.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:41 pm
That's crazy surprised . Then again, I haven't been to an R-rated movie at the theatre since... 5 years now? My mom and a coworker went to a bar at the airport, and they both carded. The bartender said they have to card everyone, regardless of how they look. Kinda funny since she's grey haired, and what little hair he has left is white! biggrin  

Harlot Queen

Girl-Crazy Exhibitionist

9,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
"CIF" Crikey! It's a Forum~!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items