Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:48 pm
User Image

Sunobari was at his second festival with the Ela'wadiyi, and he was spending much of it in quiet (but content) observation of those around him. His life had changed a lot in the last year, being part of a pride was very different than being on your own. He enjoyed how they didn't have to stay in one place and that not everybody they shared their pride with was always with them- it certainly made something like this festival more special. It was only late in the first day and he was watching from a short distance as the new members introduced themselves to the wanidatsi and found their place in the pride.

He thought back to his own hesitation with a smile. He had been disappointed to end up in a clan that turned out to be so lacking in enthusiasm- enough to merit an official warning.. but in the end, going through it with the clan made him more at home.

Now, if only one of their Sky Ceremony hopefuls could win the tournament to come..  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dohi was watching the Tree ceremony as well. It was one of the few times when her father was more open to strangers, to new beginnings being developed for these lions that pledged to make the Ela'wadiyi their new home. Though he never said it out loud, she knew that he was always worried and suspicious of new joiners. Only when they had lived within the pride for over a year would he relax around them.

The stories that her father grew up on were taken as more than a teaching tool, and Dohi had been doing her best to prove to her father that he was just paranoid.

So here she was, ready to talk to someone that she didn't even know! And this male seemed like a good candidate...

"Hello there," she said with a bob of her head, and a bright smile. He had a mix of traditional Pridelander colours, but they could easily reflect colours found within the old (if small) Ela'wadiyi lines from the past.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:42 pm
Lost in thought, Sunobari didn't realize there was someone approaching him until she spoke up. He turned his attention away from the ceremony to the unfamiliar lioness- and he blinked, causing a short hesitation in his reply. He didn't know who she was but he had a feeling he ought to.

"Hello," he greeted her, putting on a smile, "Not a bad day for the start of the festival, eh?"  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:53 pm
"No, the weather is pretty pleasant." Dohi agreed, her head bobbing a bit. "It is always exciting to see who the new clan members are, regardless of what clan they go in. New members keep things fresh and exciting, wouldn't you agree?"

She could tell that he joined when he was older, as he wasn't as covered in tattoos as she was. So he must have personal experience in what the Tree ceremony felt like.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:04 pm
"I don't know 'bout that, yet," he said, glancing back at the new recruits and smiling at Dohi, "This is my first time on this side of it, I guess I'll find out. Earth Clan's only got a couple new ones so far, but it's looking good."

Once it was apparent she wasn't there to tell or ask him something specific (or was taking her time getting to that point), Sunobari was happy to make small talk. That was part of the point, wasn't it? He certainly didn't enjoy the opportunity to meet the other clans last year, he was too focused on figuring out his own.

"My name is Sunobari," he offered with a nod, taking a quick glance up and down of the lady and making a mental guess at who she would be. Born in, clearly. Old family, or she wouldn't look so familiar.. the only old family he really knew outside of his own clan would be the Kanatis. He was quite certain the Kidudushi family was all in the Earth Clan-- plus, she definitely didn't look like them.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:17 pm
"Oh, really? Well, welcome to this side!" Dohi laughed. "I promise its exciting and boring all in one. I always look forward to the Sky Ceremony now, though its nice to see who ends up joining the Bird clan. That's the clan that I am from."

Her tail swished behind her, curious as to what clan he was in. She'd find out soon enough, but just knowing his name didn't help her at all. Ah well; she didn't have to know who everyone in the pride was, only her father had that job. She just had to know everyone in the Bird clan, and that was slowly getting a little overwhelming.

"I'm Nvwadohiyadv Kanati, though its much easier to just call me Dohi," the lioness said with a soft laugh.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:27 pm
"Thanks," he said with a grin when she welcomed him to the excitingly boring side of welcoming new members rather than being new members, "Bird Clan's been doing the best so far, but I honestly haven't kept count very well."

Never mind that he was also pretty far away to hear every little thing that was said between the newbies and the wanidatsi. His attention was drawn fully back to Dohi when she introduced herself-- he didn't even notice that he had guessed which family she was correctly. Her name was strange. Of all the things he was learning here, the names were the hardest to keep up with and her's was certainly a mouthful.

He paused, then he chuckled.

"Dohi it is," he said, "It's nice to meet you."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:51 pm
"It seems that the Earth clan and the Shadow clan get the least amount of new members each year. I'm not sure why that is the case, but I'm sure it helps build strong ties between the members. Having many join at once proves to be a harder transition." It was something she hadn't reflected on before, but in her case it felt rather true.

"Anyway, you look familiar enough. Pridelander blood in you, perhaps?" She giggled, since knowing the neighboring prides always gave her a hint as to what the outside world was like have her a hunch. She'd been wrong before, though, and she might be wrong again. He was larger than her, regardless, but she had a decent amount of old blood in her to keep her frame a bit smaller than many of the joining females.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:59 pm
"Hm?"

Sunobari looked down at himself when she asked about Pridelander blood- he honestly hadn't heard much about it since he got here, though he had talked about it and knew there were some Pridelanders around the Ela'wadiyi. He still hadn't gotten used to the comparison between his fur and theirs, even if it ought to be comparable.

"A bit, in fact," he answered, looking back up, "But I've never really seen a lot of them, not in person."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:24 pm
"Ohhh, interesting. So maybe you're partially Pridelander? Where did you grow up? Did you like where you lived, and just wanted a new adventure in life? I'd love to learn more...I won't stop asking questions until I'm satisfied!" Dohi laughed. "Well, at least until I hear a bit about your pre-Ela'wadiyi life. I love hearing about the world outside of these borders; I believe that it helps me connect with my new clan mates better when I have more understanding."

Ah. She flushed.

"Sorry. I've been the alu'nadi for long enough that I should know better than to be a little...overbearing like that. But would you be willing to share a bit of knowledge in return for some? I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have."  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:39 pm
The sudden deluge of questions caught Sunobari off guard- she had seemed so reserved at first. Friendly and interested but not really so outgoing, and now she had so many questions. He was speechless for a moment, and then perked up suddenly when she said she was the alu'nadi.

So, not only was she part of the wanidatsi's family, she was the leader of his home clan. Perhaps that had contributed to his guess at his lineage, but he would never have been able to pick out any alu'nadi for sure except his own.

After a longer pause than intended, he traded his dumbstruck look for a grin.

"I'd be happy to tell you about it, though I myself am not very interesting," he said, "I was a rogue for as long as I can remember, though my mother was born to a Prideland mother- and her great grandmother to some such degree was old blood, I believe."  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:46 pm
"Ah....sorry. Again. I get a bit excited, especially when its so easy to talk to members of other clans." Now she was feeling a bit dumb, but at least he was nice enough to answer her questions.

"Wow. Lots of lineage in your roots, and a lot of mystery too! I'm sure you have some stories from growing up that are different from anything I could share. But I could share them!"

Dohi was ready to just sit and talk to this poor lion all day if he would let her....and she had the feeling that he would, at least for an hour or so before he was done.

At least he would learn a little something about her, and the Ela'wadiyi? Then Dohi couldn't feel so bad about it.

Ok, maybe just a little bit.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out