Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:32 pm
User Image

There was a sense of urgency and purpose in O'ros' step as she made her way around the outside of the Stargrove. The Sky Festival was in full swing. There were so many lions here, but it was the entire pride. She was used to Sky clan's size, which was on the smaller size. Clear eyes scanned over the manes. She was looking for one in particular and hopefully he would be the easiest to find. It was between events currently so she was hopeful he would have time to chat, even for a few minutes. That was all she needed. A few minutes of his time.

"Have you seen Skan?" O'ros would ask others she hardly knew, mainly from the previous festivals she had participated in, only to have their head shaken in some vague direction. The name was well-known and so was the lion behind it. He was the leader of the pride after all! It shouldn't be that hard to find him!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Skan was never that hard to find, but he was normally very busy. If he wasn't busy, he usually had a rough look on his face, one that would drive away the more timid lions of the pride. It wasn't that he wasn't happy, really, but....he was carrying the weight of 'what ifs' and 'maybes', and still didn't know how to let them go. Having a family of his own only made these problems worse, and didn't abate them like he originally hoped.

He heard some voices mentioning his name, and pushed away his more grumpy look for something neutral. It was still the Sky Festival, and he had to be one of the more welcoming lions during this time. Letting strangers join the Ela'wadiyi had never been easy for him, but it was impossible to ignore the fact that they needed diverse blood to keep the pride strong and healthy.

"Tch," he growled at himself, letting his mind wander back to his worries. That growl startled a few lions near him, and he took that moment to leave his current position to one a little more secluded.

Of course, doing so made his presence more obvious, rather than hiding in a group of lions near the Stargrove.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:11 pm
The sound of a few of the lions shuffling quickly caused O'ros' head to turn towards the origin of the noises. The wing tattoo, the multi-colored mane and the light cream-yellow pelt... "Skan!" She called out, her voice almost frantic. With no amount of grace, the huntress swerved around bodies that soon parted to allow her to approach with much more ease than she had originally anticipated she would have.

"I...I need to ask you something!" The words were choked, with heavy breaths being taken between each one. Of course worry that he would just send her away was at the forefront of her mind, but she knew full well that she wouldn't leave, not without an answer.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:20 pm
"Hm?" It was rare that someone would yell out his name rather than his title when trying to get his attention, so it must be important. He stopped where he was, turning his frame to see a dark lioness rush towards him. He remembered her; she was from the first time he had to handle the Tree ceremony.

"O'ros....of the Sky. What can I help you with?" Though he was always a little closed off to non-native Ela members, she had proven herself over and over to belong here, and he was genuinely concerned about her. This was unusual, for anyone, but especially her.

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Quaji
Crew

Noble Cub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:46 pm
"I..well--" Words failed her as she pawed nervously at the grass beneath her feet. "I receiver word, from a bird from the north. The Aka'mleli, I think it was called. It's another pride, one whose members are bonded to birds. My...my mother's bird came to find me, to tell me that my mother's ill. She's old, Skan. I'm afraid she won't survive whatever illness currently has hold on her. She was the one who raised me and I'd.." Swallowing hard, she looked the Wanidatsi in the eye before continuing. "I'd permission to leave the pride's borders for a time, to head north and visit her."

It wasn't something that she'd ask unless it was something she felt she absolutely needed to do. At least the fact he knew her name as well as her clan seemed to give her some amount of hope. Maybe all of her times trying in the tournament would pay off in a different manner than a trophy.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:00 pm
Skan watched her face carefully, knowing that every emotion she was showing was genuine. This was something that mattered a lot to her, enough that she would ask to leave during the Sky Festival. As such, it was hard to find any reason to turn her down, especially if it was her family. Her mother. Skan had the luxury of knowing that his mother would always be alive, and live on past his own life. No one else he knew shared that same luxury.

"If it was anyone else, I would have my doubt. But I know you will come back, O'ros, when you are ready to. Do you need anything to prepare yourself for the trip? I assume its quite a distance away, as even I haven't heard of this pride before."

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Ela'wadiyi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas