Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:37 pm
CaliWolfe

User Image

It had been several days since her ill-fated dance practice. She'd been too busy the last couple of days to get away and practice. Therese was happy she'd finally get a chance to break away and practice. There was no telling when her impromptu teacher would show up. Even if he didn't, she felt it was something worth practicing.

Therese stretched her forelegs out and then leaped for the sky. With a flick of her tail she spun to land facing the opposite direction. Nearly perfect. Her teacher would be pleased. Before she'd been so clumsy and uncoordinated. She tried to flow into the next move but stumbled. Therese wanted to blame it on uneven ground instead of her paws which she knew to be the real culprit. Some of this stuff was hard. She dreaded ever being able to learn and master the graceful one paw twirl. It was a goal at least.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:29 pm
User Image

In the few days it had been since Tollak had encountered Therese he admittedly hadn't progressed very far as far as his own thrall was concerned. With a sigh he was out for a walk, again, since that seemed to be the only time he was allowed to think without Senka attempting to throw objects at his face.

He gave her a nice pelt to sleep on, he even didn't order her around that much and yet his purple thrall still insisted on escape attempts from the stormborn. Why were thralls so difficult? He feared he'd never understand it...

Tollak's ear flicked in the direction of where a certain white thrall was, and he glanced over in time to see her landing on the ground and... tripping over her own feet. With a shake of his head the gray lion decided to walk over to where she was "Exactly what are you trying to do?" He asked her, because he had no idea at all what she might be doing. Practicing for a leaping competition? Trying to invent a new way to walk? Okay the latter mentioned was a bit far fetched, but with her hopping and skipping all over the place Tollak had to wonder...

magnadearel

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:20 pm
CaliWolfe
Sorry short.

Therese had picked herself up and moved back to her start line. It was work, but it was fun work. Maybe it wasn't work after all; if she'd had to pick a word it would have been recreational. A graceful pirouette that she was proud of made her smile. A turn brought her surprisingly almost face to face with a familiar reaver. She'd been so focused she hadn't heard him get quite so close. Therese caught her breath and stepped back.

"I am practicing my dancing. Hello Reaver Tollak. How are you today?" She flicked her two-tone tail tuff as she studied the grey male. Therese analyzed the way he'd spoken to her. It was a slight improvement over their last conversation, at least so far. She tilted her head as she watched him react to what she was doing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:35 pm
Tollak didn't seem to notice how close he was standing to the female at all; not at least until she backed away. Though even then he didn't even mentally register how concerning it might have been to see someone that near when you weren't expecting them. In fact, he seemed to glaze over the formalities altogether, brushing her greeting aside as if it was a thing that didn't need his attention.

"Dancing?" He asked, a puzzled look crossing his face. Tollak mulled over what to say next, because he honestly wasn't sure how to react to that. It wasn't as if he hadn't heard of dancing before, kind of impossible not to. But cubs pretending to put on plays was about as close to watching a dancing routine as Tollak had ever gotten. Which if he sat long enough to think about it that kind of made him an oddity...

He released a sigh in his brief confusion. "That seems... Strange." He paused to find a good word for it. "I didn't think stormborn danced. Or at least not very often..."

magnadearel
that's fine :3

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:57 pm
CaliWolfe

The white female was glad that she hadn't accidentally run into the reaver who probably would have taken it badly. He wasn't the type, judging from their last encounter, who would let a collision to be easily brushed off. Of course Therese would have apologized had it happened. She admonished herself for loosing track of her surroundings. That wouldn't happen next time.

She frowned a bit as he totally brushed aside the rest of her greeting. Particularly when he didn't say hello back. It was plain rude. Therese had spoken to him before about his attitude and rudeness. While he wasn't exactly being high-pawed right now she wanted a hello. Despite being a thrall she was still a lion and simple courtesy went a long way. The white lioness debated how to bring up his lack. She decided not to continue the conversation and start back at the beginning.

"I am practicing my dancing. Hello Reaver Tollak. How are you today?" Therese repeated her last statement with an emphasis on the part he'd seemed to miss.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:09 pm
The grey lion starred at Therese for a moment, offering a slow blink as he tried to recollect his thoughts.

What the heck? Had he just.. Imagined that whole little bit of him responding to her or something? He hadn't even eaten any mint today! Granted, his sister was the very best brewer of mint he had ever had the pleasure of knowing as of yet. And as a... Bonus if you will, for having said sister master brewer his den often reeked of the stuff. But that didn't mean he was tipsy just from smelling it! Unless he was, in which case he needed to have a chat with Dagny about how strong her minty concoctions were becoming...

"Er, hello thrall Therese, I'm well?" He phrased it as a question if only because he was still debating on whether or not the previous bit of conversation had indeed happened or not.

Whatever... "If you are practicing dancing that means then are you a... Competitive dancer?" Why else would anyone spend so much time and effort spinning around all day in circles? Seemed pointless unless she got a reward out of it or something. Only way someone got rewards was through competition, right?

magnadearel

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:18 pm
CaliWolfe

She could almost see his mind rewind. Using her exact wording seemed to have the desired effect. Therese dipped her head as he greeted her by name.

"I'm glad to hear that!" She laughed and shook her head. "Not a competitive dancer. I met someone who's old pride use to dance. I thought it looked interesting and he showed me some movies. Been practicing." She still needed more, and maybe a few more lessons.

"So what brings you out this day?" She sounded chipper. The sun was up and the day bright. For her it was a beautiful day.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:50 pm
For a brief moment Tollak thought about his choices, and bit his tongue to avoid shouting at the thrall "Why are you dancing then?!" He imagined that knowing this particularly iron-blooded thrall, she wouldn't take it very well if he had said that.

Look at him, considering her feelings. Why, he was going to turn into a flower-blooded pansy at this rate! That said, the alternative was getting into another argument with Therese, something he was almost subconsciously trying to avoid. It just wasn't worth it. Fighting some other reaver's thrall would leave a bad taste in his mouth. Plus, she was horrible to talk with, he supposed. So he'd just put up with her strange reasoning for dancing.

"You should be careful that your friend isn't secretly teaching you some sort of voodoo summoning dance!" His mouth twitched in the form of a passing grin. "I'm not sure how the general population would react to a random god appearing out of thin air." At this he chuckled. Oh gods, her happy attitude was infectious. Did the fact that it was sunny have something to do with that? Maybe she was harnessing some weird happy power from the sun and now it spreading.

The frown returned as Therese questioned his outing. "I needed some time away from my den." He admitted. "Senka- er, my thrall, she's a bit of a handful."

magnadearel

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

[IC] Myrsky Syntynyt Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas