Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Psych (Harrison + Lawr + Melvin) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:26 pm
If Harrison had to admit it to himself, he kind of liked Lawr. It's not something he'd say to America. She got sore about it, same way he got sore about certain folks who had gone uncuffed for cutting his husband's throat, mangling his face, and near sexually violating him when he couldn't use a weapon on three different occasions. Rep had gotten an ultimatum to take a demotion or a division transfer, because being a victim made him a repeat offender. Sasha had been told she couldn't visit the infirmary any more.

That was the system, though. He hadn't fussed over it more than maybe twice. Lawr had served his time in a pod for months, and he'd done a hell of a lot less damage. Maybe because his victims had mattered more than Rep.

Harrison himself had done worse than nicking folks with knives. But he'd done it under orders, (his superior's or his own) and that was the difference.

He didn't talk about Blue Kingdom much. People didn't hold you accountable for what you (or your alternative self) did under the influence of an artifact, because that was a long and slippery slope. But Harrison didn't look back on the torture, executions, and wealth with regret. That was maybe another difference.

Lawr couldn't be trusted, but there was a certain degree of sleaziness that Harrison understood. There was a lot about Lawr he didn't understand, though. Doing s**t for money, okay. But Lawr made a lot of shitty decisions that weren't self-preservation oriented. Like there was something else that Harrison couldn't understand that Lawr was chasing.

Harrison wasn't 6'7, but he was still scarred and brimming with muscles and gave a certain impression.

He was surprised Lawr had even given him a location, and even more that he'd showed up. He wasn't wearing his stupid gauzy purple crystal s**t, just a weird impossibly white outfit, and his stupid usually smug expression was, hell, either daydreaming or ******** bored.

"Stand the ******** up," Harrison gestured irritably. "Man what the <********> is with you? I thought he was just starting to like....to heal, to act normal again, and you go and..."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:36 pm

Lawrence didn't have a problem with Harrison, the other man more or less saw through the front that Jan projected and felt that because he saw through it he had him All Figured Out. Despite this, he did not seem to mind all that much about the things that Lawrence had gotten up to on the island, willing to subtly nudge and joke about them rather than the flat condemnation others demanded.

He hadn't been doing much anyway when Harrison had demanded his location and had gone from Melvin's room to the common area without much complaint. It could potentially be entertaining, he felt. He spotted Harrison approaching but did not bother to smile until he was close enough to start speaking, giving him a curious look and a raised brow.

"Do I have to?" he drawled regarding standing up, already feeling smaller than usual next to Harrison's fit and muscular physique. "I have a bad back." He had had a bad back, a little twingey before the island, before the weapons.

"And I already told you that I had nothing to do with Melvin or his neuroses."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:24 pm
Harrison ignored him.

"You know when he first came he threw everybody a big goddamn Thanksgiving dinner? Because he just wanted everybody to be together. But we're all assholes. There's...there's not a lot of ******** good people on this island, okay? But Melvin's one of those good people. And I know he doesn't like me too much, since I-"

Harrison faltered, before regaining his resolve, and bunching his fist in Lawr's stupid shirt.

"He doesn't deserve this. To get ******** up. He doesn't need you in his ******** head, acting like you're...like you can still hear her. You're just dragging it all out, and why?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:20 pm

Lawr did not see the importance of throwing people a Thanksgiving dinner in the greater scheme of being good. He felt that generally throwing away one's money and effort was a completely stupid thing to do and felt even more firmly that he had done Melvin a favour by putting that ridiculous generosity to a more respectable use.

"Because you what?" he said, staring at Harrison's fist in his shirt blankly but saying nothing about it.

"He had been more functional and content as my friend than he was when I met him. His supposed friends left him quite a mess."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:51 pm
Harrison winced, and scowled, grip loosening a little. "I- well, not me, a version of me let him die, and I think he held on to that. Uh. Plus, with Rin-"

Maybe the only friends Melvin could have were ones that lied to him.

"It wasn't them. It was what happened. What you're taking advantage of."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Lawrence smiled. "Oh. Well, that is rather severe." he said. "I can say unequivocally that I have never let him die, nor done him harm. Should you be lecturing me on this?"

He still did not take his eyes off of the offending hand.

"What advantage would I gain from this?" he asked. "If I did take advantage of him, which I remind you I did not, or if I did you cannot actually prove it."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:29 pm
"I'm not coming from a position of righteousness. I'm coming from a position that if you ******** him up, I am going to ******** you up. Because I can. Because he's a good person and doesn't deserve it. Not because I am."

Harrison did not take his offending hand off Lawr's shirt.

"I don't know what the ******** you want, but you got to be after something. And you better give it back."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:41 pm

"You are going to <******** me up?" He did a surprisingly good imitation of Harrison's accent before laughing aloud. "Oh that is adorable, aren't you the one who consistently tells everyone on twitter to play nice? The one who is terrified of breaking the rules?" He condescendingly looked back to Harrison and wrapped a delicate hand around his wrist. "Perhaps you should define what that constitutes, because if anything I would say he's better now than he has ever been."

He shrugged his shoulders.

"I have only ever given to him. Perhaps you should be manhandling him instead, giving him more reasons why he was right about you all along."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:35 pm
Harrison made a face at the way Lawr savored ******** me up.

"Don't say it like that. You are such a creepy old ********. And that's right. I'm telling you to play nice right now. You'd be terrified of breaking rules too if you had any goddamn sense. You wouldn't have been a pod for a billion months. You'd probably still have 10 fingers, instead of six. Counting Horace's. You're on a short list. And I know that you know you think you can get away with this s**t. The higher ups don't give a s**t about you playing head games with Melvin, but I do. And you know what I mean. He was getting better. And now you- You can't be...lying to him and stealing from him and hurting him and taking away any healing he might have had. Showing back up in the middle of all that and setting him right back to the start."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:48 pm

Harrison got a smug sort of smile for his complaint about the tone, but it did not quite reach Lawrence's eyes. Old. He was getting rather tired of that being used as an insult against his person, regardless of how young the one doing the insult presently was.

"You can tell me a lot of things Harrison." he said coolly. "And you often do, but that does not make you either informed or correct. On this island if the higher authorities are indifferent to something, that is where the danger stops. You are not a threat, you are an amusing but fundamentally harmless force for good and incidentally less able to threaten me than even the police force outside of the island." He drummed his ring and middle fingertips on the inside of Harrison's wrist, gentle and unafraid of the tension in his grip. "You have no authority here, not really, and whatever karmic debt you feel you owe Melvin is going to go unpaid."

"Besides, any progress he has made, any getting better that you have observed has been thanks to me being his friend. I know that is difficult for you to comprehend, that I could do anything beneficial, but it is simply the god's honest truth. I have aided him with his healing and he has gotten himself a lovely room, moved in, and is functioning in his day to day life. When I met him he was sleeping in a greenhouse, on the floor."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:15 pm
"You helped him," Harrison said, skeptical. He finally let go of Lawr with a growl, shaking his hand out. "And stop stroking my damn wrist."

He rubbed the spot to make the creepy tingles go out of it.

"I'm not gonna cut off your head but I can beat the s**t out of you," he said, almost sullenly. "What do you mean, aided his healing? How long has this been going on?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:18 pm

"If you do not want uninvited contact perhaps you should not inflict it upon others." he straightened out his shirt, taking his time over it before he went on. "And we both know you will do no such thing, you are quite a lot of bark and no actual bite."

He looked indifferent as he went on. "And how does anyone define when a friendship truly began? It is not something I try to pin an exact moment upon."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:36 pm
"Is that a triple dog dare. Do you want to get hit?"

Uuuuuuuuuuugh are we getting anything out of this. I don't even think we're getting points with Melvin, unless this is part of his quest line.

"When you started telling him you could channel Rin, a*****e."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:46 pm

Lawrence rolled his eyes. "Of course I don't. My physical wellbeing is of paramount importance to me."

"And well, you are assuming that I ever did tell him that." he shrugged. "If I had - and I am not saying that I did - it would have been quite some time ago, and it is frankly none of your business. He doesn't even like you. He likes me. He likes me quite a great deal."

He examined his nails.

"Anything which could happen to him from here is an improvement on his past."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Toshihiko Two

Sugary Marshmallow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:53 pm
"Because you told him what he wanted to hear," Harrison said, jabbing a finger at Lawr.

But to be fair, that was all Melvin would hear. And as bad as the Boss letting Melvin die had be, the dividing point had been on insisting Rin was dead. He wasn't going to tell Melvin something else. And Melvin didn't want be around anybody that couldn't.

"s**t," Harrison sighed, pushing his hair back, "Maybe he dug his own shitty grave with this one. And what do you mean, anything which could happen? Look, he gave up on that s**t about...bringing her back, didn't he? You haven't been telling him to go on with that s**t?"

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff