Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[1v1] Misties Not Swifties (Momo x Finley) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Ephebe rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-16)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:52 am
"That's a pretty name! Zayde is... well, Zayde. I'm not sure what her name means." The weight behind Kurokoushaku did push her back a few paces, but otherwise left her unharmed as she continued backwards out of Momo's immediate range.

"Me?" And multi-tasking? "I'm not very good at multi-tasking, I'm afraid." She stopped for a second, blinked, and tried to find something interesting to tell Momo. Momo was cool and Finley couldn't think of anything particularly neat about herself to tell the other trainee. "I'm good at plants?"

But they were still in the middle of a spar, so she made a stab at her opponent. It was a bit half-hearted, truth be told. This multi-tasking thing...

Quote:
HP: 39/40
Damage: ZERO lol
Charges: 2/3

Yayoi

Yayoi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:43 pm
Momo laughed, almost doubling over. "A pretty name. You hear that she called you pretty." She gave the blade a heavy pat. The eyes on the serpentine handle looked as if they gave off a faint, red glow.

Kurokoushaku made a very displeased noise in her head.

"I don't think he enjoys having anything about him called pretty." She gave the heavy blade another wide, arching swing in Finley's direction. "Plants huh? Like the growing kind or the smoking kind?"

Quote:

HP: 35/40
DMG: 1
Charge: 2/3

Ephebe

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Ephebe rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 6 Total: 10 (2-16)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:39 am
Once again she managed to almost avoid Momo's wide swing, getting caught just slightly. "Aww, but he is pretty! And compliments are always good, right?" She darted into the other trainee's range, slashing low with one wheel before nimbly moving out of range again.

"The growing kind! Although I guess you could do both?" Finley shrugged with an apologetic smile, "don't know much about smoking plants, sorry. What about you? Tell me about yourself, not smoking plants that is." She paused, looking uncertain, "unless that's what you wanna tell me about, I guess."

Quote:
HP: 38/40
Damage: 4 dmg
Charges: 3/3

Yayoi

Yayoi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:11 pm
She wasn't doing too well with sparring against someone who could get in past her blade. But it was at least a somewhat good learning experience. Stumbling slight as Finley slashed at her leg, catching her inner thigh. Which stung quite a bit she had to admit. "I think he'd prefer handsome to pretty."

Stopping for a second as Finley bounced out of range, she rubbed at her thigh.

"Well, its been a while since I smoked any smokable plant." She brushed back a stray bit of turquoise hair. "As for me, I grew up in Chicago, used to be a part of a punk band before coming to Deus. Other than that nothing really all that spectacular. I guess outside of music my only real hobbies are collecting Asian merchandise and the like." She laughed. It was kind of weird she supposed. "I've had to start re-collecting things since I left mainland. Not enough space for it all in those pods."

Quote:

HP: 31/40
DMG: 0
Charge: 2/3

Ephebe

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Ephebe rolled 4 8-sided dice: 8, 8, 7, 4 Total: 27 (4-32)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:09 pm
"That sounds brilliant, though!" She watched as Momo tended to her thigh, trying to ignore Zayde's crowing in her head. They were still having a conversation, drat it, and she was going to get a proper reply in. "I've never really listened to punk music; you'll have to show me what it's like sometime. And merchandise sounds cool! What kind of merchandise?"

:: You got your reply in, now gogoGO! ::

Well, couldn't argue with that. Obligingly, the brunette went in for a swift attack, aiming for Momo's side with both wheels. A soft huff escaped her as the weapons struck the other trainee, and then with a mental command to Zayde both wheels flashed a blinding gold. Taking advantage of the extra time afforded to her by her attack, Finley struck again, aiming for an arm.

Then she was moving backwards out of range, her partner's gleeful laughter in her ears and a slight smile on her face.

Quote:
HP: 38/40
Damage: 10 + 5 = 15 dmg
Charges: 0/3 one special attack used

Yayoi

Yayoi rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 6 Total: 7 (2-16)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:25 pm
"Maybe after we're done here we can go back to my room. I've still got a few demo tapes from my band...well...ex-band anyway. Plus some others. We can listen to them there. Although punk is kind of an either you love it or you hate it kind of music." As for her collection, well. Momo could go on for days about it. "Anything with a bit of Asian flare...or like...anime stuff and junk." She didn't come across many who had the same kind of interest in it as she did. There was the one guy she shared that key chain with on certain days of the week...but that was complicated.

All this talk let her defenses down and when Finley came in for a big attack Momo was unprepared.

Watch it!

She was blinded, lifting her arm up to cover her eyes. But the force of the attack knocked her back, flat onto her back. The air knocked out of her. Momo had managed to take a blind swipe at Finley but little good it did as she lay on the ground trying to gather her thoughts. After a few seconds she laughed, using Kurokoushaku to pull herself up off the ground and wipe at her lips with the back of a hand. "That one was pretty good."

Quote:

HP: 16/40
DMG: 1
Charge: 3/3

Ephebe

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Ephebe rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 7 Total: 12 (2-16)

Ephebe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:23 am
Once again she managed to evade most of the attack, only getting slightly hit on one arm.

"That'd be brilliant!" Finley was up for it; her musical horizon was tragically small, really, and Momo was super cool besides. "Ohh, anime. I've heard of that! I've never seen any, though. What kind do you like? It's like cartoons right, tons of different sorts?" Asian flare things sounded really pretty too; she was quite excited to see the other girl's room now.

Watching Momo hoist herself up, she almost felt bad for the attack - almost. It was just a friendly spar though, luckily. Thankfully her sparring partner seemed to agree. "Thanks," she laughed a little, "it's Zayde's special attack! Probably ought to have a name for it, but I'm rubbish at naming things."

Now that the bluenette was back on her feet they could continue the fight. A quick tensing of the muscles was all the warning she gave before she darted in again, weapons striking out at the leg she'd managed to hit earlier.

Quote:
HP: 37/40
Damage: 6 dmg
Charges: 1/3 | one special attack used

Yayoi

Yayoi rolled 3 4-sided dice: 2, 3, 3 Total: 8 (3-12)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:22 am
Momo almost face planted right then and there when she called anime cartoons. But she would forgive her this time. "Not...really cartoons but close. I'll forgive you for calling anime cartoons this time only cause you're cute. They are more like...animated stories. Compared to most cartoons their general story line lasts longer than twenty to thirty minutes.Kind I like? It all honestly depends on the story. One Magical Girl anime I might like and another I might not. But I prefer ones that have swords or are set in space. But I do enjoy all types, like I said. Its all about story for me."

She always felt weird naming an attack. Momo had one for her's but she was wary to use it. It would make the other person sick for a short period of time. "Kuro's is named Black Ick. Its nothing fancy really." The heavy blade darkened momentarily as Momo tried to summon the special attack. She thought it was ready, it seemed like it was ready. The last time she had sparred she hadn't gotten a chance to use it because she had pretty much sent her sparring partner reeling into the dirt.

This time not so much.

"If you get cut by his blade you'll feel pretty sick." Momo charged at Finley this time, trying to get in as close as she could but the attack just wasn't there as she missed. Taking another hit to her leg, she knelt to one knee. Gritting her teeth as the sting turned into a sharp pain. "I think I might have to concede defeat for today."

Quote:

HP: 10/40
DMG: 0
Charge: 0/3

Ephebe

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:32 am
"Ah I see!" Finley blushed a bit at being called cute, but tried to play it off. "That explanation makes sense; I kind of wondered what the fuss was if it was just cartoons in a different style, but this sounds a lot more intricate." Adjusting her grip on Zayde, she nodded, "swords are cool! It's pretty brilliant, Kurokoushaku - who's a sword - choosing you when you like swords." She'd never really thought about weapons before coming to the island, but if she'd had a choice she'd probably have chosen Zayde's wheels anyhow.

:: Aww thanks, :: was the avarice demon's faintly sarcastic reply.

And Black Ick? That sounded... descriptive. It fit with the attack though, from what Momo said. "Sick?!" Being sick was terrible! Thankfully the attack missed anyhow, and as her sparring partner conceded defeat, Finley desummoned her weapon.

:: Hmph, :: was the huffed reply of her weapon.

Ignoring Zayde, the brunette knelt next to Momo. "You okay?" On the inside she was quite proud of winning but on the other hand her new friend looked to be in pain which was really very concerning - the two feelings were warring. "Want to go to the infirmary?"

Yayoi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:11 pm
Momo nodded with a slight chuckle at her blush. "There are tons of genres for all sorts of tastes. But I mean, they are cartoons just better." She gave a pat to Kuro's blade. "Even if he wasn't a blade I'm pretty sure we were meant to be. He's my Black Prince afterall." It was an odd thing, this bond with him. Momo had never felt so close to someone, or an object, like she did with him. She was just lucky he was pretty patient with her.

"Its only a temporary sickness." She assured. "Like a queasy or fatigued feeling."

Waving a dismissive hand back and forth she grinned. "Nah I'll be ok, no need for the infirmary. Just a little tlc and I should be good to go for the next big adventure."

Ephebe

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Ephebe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:56 pm
"Aww, that sounds sweet." Finley smiled, mind conjuring up stories of forbidden romance - a Hunter and her weapon, fighting evil monsters and growing closer together; meant to be but one of them without a body, their love would always remain chaste. A daydreamy sigh escaped her.

"Oh I see! That's good then, I thought it might make someone seriously sick. But that's a really neat ability!" Standing up, she stretched before holding out a hand to Momo. "Well, maybe a sit-down at the bench before that, then. Adventure's no good if you're not feeling up for it."

Yayoi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 1:38 pm
Raising an eyebrow, she chuckled shaking her head. "You make it sound like its some kind of romantic involvement. I assure you he's more like a dad. Probably even a grandfather. Always nagging in that 'I disapprove of your life choices' tone of voice. I prefer things with bodies."

Taking her hand, Momo pulled herself to her feet. Dusting off her skirt and letting her sword unsummon. "I've never actually used it on anyone yet. So it will certainly be an interesting thing to see once I do. You were lucky this time." Brushing her hair back over her shoulder, Momo waved her hand again. "I'm always up for an adventure."

Ephebe

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

Ephebe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:49 am
"Ah, I see." Finley pouted a bit, disappointed. She'd liked her version much better, frankly!

"Maybe next time I'll be unlucky then," she was kind of interested to see the ability, now that she knew it was only temporary.

Yayoi
winding down?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 11:55 am
Momo laughed at her pout. Apparently Finley was a romantic when it came to such things. But she Mist trainee had never been one for that kind of stuff.

It seemed too stuffy and constricting to her.

She pat Finley on the shoulder with another chuckle. "Unlucky indeed." While learning about other's weapons abilities was interesting, Momo preferred not to learn about them hands on. Except it seemed this time she'd broken that preference.

"Anywho, I'm going to head to the cafeteria for a bit to eat. I'm freakin' famished." She pat her stomach which gave a light grumble. "Whenever you got the time swing by my room and we'll watch some anime and I'll show you my collection. B90."

Ephebe
Okie doke~

Yayoi

Super Sex Symbol

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items