Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Chronicles of Magesc

Back to Guilds

A breedable/changing pet shop guild for role play. 

Tags: Magesc, Soudana, Seren, Abronaxus, Dragon 

Reply ⊶» Ϻɑɢєsc «⊷
Suggestions Thread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Magesc
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:48 pm
Hello everyone! First off I want to thank you all for being part of Magesc. Without you (and staff) this shop wouldn’t be possible.

With that being said, we (staff) have noticed a decline in activity within Magesc recently and we want to help pick the pace back up. We have a few things in planning stages, behind scenes, but we want to come to you, the owners, for suggestions.

We want to know what you want to see happen with Magesc in the future that would peak your interest and get your inspiration flowing again. Do you want more events, metas, games, etc., or have suggestions other than those? Feel free to throw anything at us. We’ll read everything that’s posted and do our best to reply back.

Please realize, though, that while we’re accepting suggestions that does not mean we will use all of them, and this should be a place for positive thought for the most part - while we are happy to hear if you think there are areas that could use improvement, we hope to encourage forward thinking, not negativity. Thank you all in advance!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:08 pm
Metas, RP events, things with more than intrinsic prizes to encourage people to come back and play. We have a lot of existing players who haven't played/had motivation to play, so we should focus on them instead of on strictly new people.

Perhaps even a matchmaking thing, where characters are randomly/semirandomly matched together and have quick prompt-based PRPs that give them points towards an event reward?

Or a mentoring thing, where higher level characters rp with lower ranking ones and do stuff?

A tournament could be nice too, especially if you want to test out the potential new battle system you guys are working on.

Perhaps This could come into play? I started an interest thread in the plot forum a long time ago for a marketplace/trading center/event sort of idea and I think it might be translatable into something that could bring up activity?

Equipment makes for great player character rewards, especially since the rest needs major overhauls.  

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100

Tasinei

Sparkling Fatcat

10,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:19 pm
Metas, things to move the shop plot around. Nothing has happened in how long? I can't even remember, but things have just stopped after the peacemaking pact was made. It's not really encouraging people to come and sometimes feels like the players have been left to their own devices. And even then, there isn't much to go off of since everyone's pretty much at peace with each other.

I've tried to bring in a few friends in but no one likes the reqs. I personally don't mind them too much, Esme was a pain in the !@#$% to get through, but Xen's hasn't been too bad so far. People also seem to be afraid of the amount of info there is, but I've seen shops with a lot more so idk??

I'm not sure what the status of the shop is, I know a lot of people left around the same time because of drama going on. I don't know if this has tainted the shop or not, I haven't heard anything but I know that was an issue previously.

On a personal level, nothing about the shop really gets me going. If I only had Esme as a character I would have been gone a long time ago, you can thank Drac for plotting it up with me because that's really all I like about the shop atm and even then it's not really the shop and more Drac.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:24 pm
Tasinei

We've actually recently started talking about a meta idea and hopefully we'll be able to build it up and run with it. The main reason we didn't do one this summer is because things were so hectic with us all. Brolis hasn't been around much, Fluff has work, Uke had school and now work and I had work and had never run a meta myself and wasn't about to be able to do it alone. We talked to Brolis and the rest of staff about it and he agreed that it'd be best to not have one this time around and substitute the summer with a large event with games to keep people going. So yeah. That's what's going on with that.

As far as reqs go, they are a bit daunting but so are some other shops I've been part of, and Magesc does offer unique lines for every single stage, so put into perspective, they aren’t too bad. I do agree that the reqs for civis is a lot. It's probably one of the main reasons I've never created a
civi. We may discuss it amongst staff and look over reqs to make civis more appealing, since they really shouldn’t be prejudiced against or extraneously difficult. Its something to talk about.

I'm not sure what you mean by status? I do know about drama though, and it's sad. But every shop has to deal with it. Hopefully it hasn't tainted the shop and we can move past everything and get it back up and going.

And hopefully we can come up with some things that will drag you back into being interested in the shop. It's good you've found someone to RP with, though. Makes things more enjoyable for sure. We’ll be moving towards having more prompts to hopefully encourage different people to try interacting with each other, since at the heart of it all, RP is about at least two people creating a story together with their characters, and it’s no fun to be on your own all the time. We really want to give our players an environment they feel comfortable reaching out in and engaging each other. Thanks for taking the time to speak up!  

Tangled Puppet
Vice Captain

Sarcastic Demigod

Apple Blossom19

Eloquent Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:54 pm
I think the requirements for Civi's are fine as they are. It weeds out those just looking for sig candy and keeps those who are interested. I have seen that a lot in the BC and the requirements for Civi's was one of the things that drew me to the shop in the first place cause it was like OMFG THANK YOU FOR NOT JUST GIVING ME ART AND HAVE THEM GROW OVER TIME OTL The art is well worth the work, and considering ya all haven't inflated your prices (OMG THANK YOU FOR NOT DOING THAT BTW), it more than makes up for what you would normally pay in gold for pet art that good.

I think that the shop is in a slump really since there haven't been any "big" events. We didn't do grams this winter, the small meta was good, but it was like no one wanted to go hunt things who just had civilians. I understand that the small events were all you could really do this summer, but for a shop that relies on heavy RP requirements, I can see where no meta or whatnot can contribute to the slowness.

I like the idea of a tournament. Since this is a time of relative peace in Magesc, why not get the races together for a sort of Magesc Olympics? Include the khehora in this too! Why not have a winter Olympics too for a Christmas event?

I think that a lot of the slowness this summer is because a lot of us had either real life things happen or work. I know my work is beating me up at the moment and I can't get in promised tags ^^""

O 3 O b

⊶» Ϻɑɢєsc «⊷

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff