Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:04 pm
******** TRUCKS! scream

As if my day didn't already suck, on the way home from work, this goddamn overloaded truck in the oncoming lane kicked up a giant rock onto my windshield at 50MPH and left a great big crater in my new car's glass! And we're not talking the typical little ding or chip here, no, this looks like a freaking bullet ricocheted off my windshield. The damn thing can't simply be fixed; it has to be replaced. emotion_donotwant

And you know what chaps my a** the most about this? I drive dirt roads every single day, and not a single scratch has been put on my vehicle (or either of my parents' vehicles) from going on them. Yet it's always on the smooth civilian roads with the ******** trucks that we get this kind of damage. I wish we could just designate special roads only for trucks and tell them they can't use the normal roads at all, because they're the things creating all of these huge car-eating potholes for us, too. And they cause lots of accidents due to their huge blind spots. ARGH.

Needless to say, I was screaming curses at that truck the rest of the drive home. I'm pretty sure my little town would be grateful that my windows were shut and music was blaring. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:21 pm
I know the feeling. We have a gravel mining pit on our mountain, so as a result, we've got a bunch of dump trucks driving up and down the nearby roads. It's quite annoying when you get stuck behind one and then several empty ones are heading the opposite direction back to the pit.

The company who owns the pit had the idea that they would expand their pit boundaries. Thankfully, the "community" who lives on the mountain gathered together and fought such expansions to preserve the lifestyle and environment we love so much in this area.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

wolf_with_a_dragon

Fallen Avenger

8,250 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:54 pm
Yeah, big trucks suck. I remember one time I went to the hospital to check on my now gf, and there was a truck I had passed. Well a couple minutes later I came upon some farming vehicles that don't move much faster than fifteen miles an hour. Normally I just pass them and keep moving on, but I couldn't do that here. I passed one or two before coming across a dip, so I couldn't pass the other two in front of me. So I get behind them and slow down so that I don't crash into them and try to keep a reasonable distance between me and them. Well, the trucker I had passed not much sooner decided to pass the other two I had passed as well and ended up right behind me as we entered the dip.

Do you think this guy, knowing he's bigger and heavier than me and able to squish me should he fail to stop in time having a longer breaking distance, decided to maintain a safe distance from me? Do you think he decided he would simply be a good driver? No! The a*****e decided he would be right up my a**!!! I swear to god he was no more than two feet from my car! If I had to break for any reason I would have been squished and killed!!! And right when we enter the top of the ditch and I was about to check to make sure there was no opposing traffic so that I can pass, he decides he was done waiting and passes me and the other two tractors in front!!! I was pissed the rest of my trip to pick up my gf. I hate truckers.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:30 am
wolf_with_a_dragon
Yeah, big trucks suck. I remember one time I went to the hospital to check on my now gf, and there was a truck I had passed. Well a couple minutes later I came upon some farming vehicles that don't move much faster than fifteen miles an hour. Normally I just pass them and keep moving on, but I couldn't do that here. I passed one or two before coming across a dip, so I couldn't pass the other two in front of me. So I get behind them and slow down so that I don't crash into them and try to keep a reasonable distance between me and them. Well, the trucker I had passed not much sooner decided to pass the other two I had passed as well and ended up right behind me as we entered the dip.

Do you think this guy, knowing he's bigger and heavier than me and able to squish me should he fail to stop in time having a longer breaking braking distance, decided to maintain a safe distance from me? Do you think he decided he would simply be a good driver? No! The a*****e decided he would be right up my a**!!! I swear to god he was no more than two feet from my car! If I had to break brake for any reason I would have been squished and killed!!! And right when we enter the top of the ditch and I was about to check to make sure there was no opposing traffic so that I can pass, he decides he was done waiting and passes me and the other two tractors in front!!! I was pissed the rest of my trip to pick up my gf. I hate truckers.

8U  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:30 am
Hiddochi wolf
scream

As if my day didn't already suck, on the way home from work, this goddamn overloaded truck in the oncoming lane kicked up a giant rock onto my windshield at 50MPH and left a great big crater in my new car's glass! And we're not talking the typical little ding or chip here, no, this looks like a freaking bullet ricocheted off my windshield. The damn thing can't simply be fixed; it has to be replaced. emotion_donotwant

Dude. And this is your brand new car, huh? gonk  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff