Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[GM PRP] Escape - Paper Breadcrumbs

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Enoh Love
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:01 am
ESCAPE: Paper Breadcrumbs
This is a small event based off the short story 'Jeff went left'. In keeping with the original, only one student at a time will be tackling this maze, and the order of victims can be found here. Sign ups are still allowed, however there is no guarantee that your student will get a chance to attempt the maze - but that depends on how good the students before yours are at leaving behind breadcrumbs.

General Game Rules and Information
  • One student at a time. When your student is up, you will be quoted.
  • If you would like to sign your student up, go here.
  • No replies within 24 hours will have your student put back on the wait list, so another one may attempt
  • There is no guarantee that everyone will get a shot at this particular maze, but there is a chance I will make more of them!
  • There is a very real possibility of character dissipation and general suffering! Yay!
  • As another hint, there is a small chance there are more than one starting point in the maze... But there is only one exit!

Victim-specific Game Rules
  • You will have your full range of abilities available to you! This includes FEARS, Natural Abilities, Artifacts, and etc.
  • You will only be able to see or advance one step (or tile) at a time, unless otherwise stated in the prompts.
  • For the sake of the game, those with night vision (as specified in the sign ups) will be able to see two tiles instead of one.
  • Your student will only be able to go forward. There will be no backtracking!
  • When you advance, you have two options:
    xxxxxx Leave a marker behind: This is an obvious marker, like a note or a directional arrow scratched into the wall/drawn with blood/etc. These you may specify in your post. (For example: Parker chooses to go left, and leaves a note on the tile he is currently standing that says 'I am Parker, this game is stupid, I went left.')
    xxxxxx Leave no/no obvious marker behind: These are things like, directionless blood splatters, of a balled up blank piece of paper. Anything that marks your place but does not say which direction you went in. If your character does this, do not specify your direction in the post. Instead make it vague (for example: Parker dropped some pocket lint on the tile, and advanced), and either IM me (sanguincarn on aim) or PM me (Enoh Love) to tell me which direction they went, so we may proceed.
  • The idea behind this is to make the event as challenging as you the players dictate it to be. If you want it to be easy and your character is not self-serving or is thoughtful, you will likely leave markers to be discovered by other players. If you want it to be difficult and your character is self-serving or unthinking anyway, you will leave no clues as to how the map plays out.
  • I will be keeping track of what is left at each tile, if anything, and they will all be added to the prompts the next student gets. If this gets too cluttered/confusing, I will cut them down to the more recent few.
  • If you have any further questions / want it to be explained in more one-on-one detail, please do contact me! I'd be happy to answer questions/explain/etc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:06 am
You wake up.

The last thing you remember is seeing a gas masked minipet sitting in the middle of your room. You remember feeling that it had been waiting for you, and then…

Your memory ends there.

What you see before you now is not your room, but there is an open door that leads to a deep, uninviting darkness. You realize quickly that you are in a very tiny, very boring room. The only exit is in front of you.

Near the door lay a brand new notepad and a pen. Only the top page has text on it, and all it says is:

I went right
- M

You peek in through the door, and you think you can see three corridors: one turning left, one straight ahead, and one to the right. There are no other notes on the floor…

Quote:

Mathias wakes up, and with no other choice, goes through the door to be faced with three dark corridors. With his night vision, he seems to be able to see two tiles ahead of him, but nothing further.

He has three options:
  • Go Left
    He sees no further notes on the floor. Even with his night vision, he can't see past the first two tiles, but there doesn't seem to be an obvious dead end.

• Go Straight
    There is an item laying on the tile in front of him, and the tile itself ends at a wall…but he's pretty sure there is a corridor to the right of it.

• Go Right
    With his night vision, he sees that this leads to a dead end. There is no trace of this 'M' character, either.

HOW TO PROCEED:
  • Please refer to the victim-specific game rules in the first post!
  • Please respond to the prompt above, and have Mathias make a choice on which direction to go, and whether or not he leaves a marker.
  • Don't forget to quote me!

seussi

Enoh Love
Crew

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:24 pm
Mathias had a headache when he woke up.

"Parker." He growled the name, recognizing the minipet he had seen moments before his memory blacked out. He knew what that likely meant, as he pushed himself a bit wobbly to his feet, taking in his surroundings, his ears twitching first one direction, than another, searching for any sounds.

He'd been kidnapped. Again.

This was not like the last time, it seemed, however. For one, he was alone (though he knew that there may be others, just not there with him at the moment). For another, he wasn't in a room with a hospital bed, but instead just a plain, boring room with no adornments whatsoever.

And an open doorway. Mathias scratched at his face, a long black nail trailing through one of his sideburns, before he made his way, slowly, towards it. On the ground, he noticed a notepad. Stooping down, he picked it up, reading what it had to say, before he stepped into the doorway itself to have a look at what lay beyond.

Corridors. Three of them. So dark that even with his superior vision, he couldn't see very far down any of them. To the right, however, the direction marked on the notepad, the only direction marked on the notepad, was nothing. Just a wall. A dead end.

Mathias looked back down to the notepad. It made no sense. Why did they go right? Why didn't they come back, and write more? His fingers gripped the notepad tight, and he made an irritated sound in the back of his throat.

And then he looked down the other two corridors. It was clear that he had a choice to make, either to go straight ahead, or to take the path to the left.

Either way seemed just as risky to him, but there was something on the floor down that straight path, and his curiosity about just what that object could be was swaying him.

Glancing down at the notepad again, he extracted the pen, and began to write, beneath the first words.

Right is a dead end. I am not M, I do not know what happened to M. I went straight.
-Mathias

It seemed important to distinguish himself from the person who had gone before, though his writing was clearly different anyways. Setting the notebook back down where he had found it, he took a deep breath, and strode down the corridor, choosing to go straight.

enoh lovex

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:46 pm
He steps forward, and something bumps against his foot. Upon investigation, it seems to be an empty jar.

Quote:

• An empty jar: He may choose to take it with him, or leave it where he found it. Be sure to specify which he chooses.
  • Notebook-less: Because he set the notebook down, he will have to reclaim it before he moves to the left, or it will be left behind entirely!

• Go Left
    With the wall in front of him, this seems to be his only choice. After he turns left, to his right there is another corridor.

Because of Mathias's night vision, he is able to turn the corner on the right without hesitating, and finds himself with another choice:

• Go Right
    This looks like a dead end.

• Go Straight
    The tile ahead of him ends with a wall, but he thinks he can make out other corridors leading from it.

HOW TO PROCEED:
  • Please respond to the prompt above, and have Mathias make a choice on which direction to go, and whether or not he leaves a marker.

Mathias' moves thus far:
Straight, Left, Right.

seussi

Enoh Love
Crew

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:38 pm
Mathias did not grab the notebook before he took off. He wasn't sure if he should, considering well...."M" had left it at the start, and had not come back for it, which indicated that something had likely happened to them. If something happened to Mathias, he wasn't sure the notebook would be very useful, left in the very place where something dangerous lurked.

No, he would just need to find another way to mark his path, if it was worth marking.

On the first tile he approached, his booted foot connected with something on the ground. Stooping down, he scooped up the empty jar. It didn't seem useful, but he took it anyways, because Mathias had a penchant for collecting objects.

Following the path set out for him as far as he could see it, Mathias stopped again after his right hand turn, and reached out towards the wall with a long claw, using it to carefully etch a check mark.

So far, so good.

Next was a little bit more difficult. Now he had to decide whether or not to continue going on straight. A long look at his other option seemed to indicate it might lead to another dead end, so looking back to the wall, he etched into it with a claw again, which took quite a bit of time, but it seemed he was in no hurry.

I went straight.
-Mathias

With that finished, he continued onwards, once again going straight.

enoh love

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:23 pm
Mathias left the notebook behind entirely, and proceeded. He etched his mark in the walls, but throughout it all, the silence around him persisted. When he wasn't moving, the stillness stretched on.

Quote:

• Go Left
    He can see no obvious wall to his left…but then again, he can't see past the second tile...

• Go Right
    The tile to his right ends in a wall, but it seems the corridor continues around the corner.

HOW TO PROCEED:

Mathias' moves thus far:
Straight, Left, Right, Straight.

seusssi

Enoh Love
Crew

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:23 pm
He came to another stop, looking first one way, and then another. He did not feel comfortable with the fact that he could not see far down the left, and two the right did feel like it was a safer choice. While he mulled over which decision would be for the best, he turned and etched another check mark into the wall, because it seemed, so far, that everything was okay.

He looked towards the right again. It ended in a wall, but it turned. That did not necessarily mean that the turn continued far, and in fact might place him at a dead end himself.

Something in his gut told him to go the other way, even if he could not see what was there. At some point, he knew a mistake was going to be made.

He just hoped it wasn't so soon.

Back towards the wall.

I went left.
-Mathias.

And left he went.

enoh love

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items