User ImageNessiaing: Rei gave his paw a right paw a little shake as he sat in the shade under a big tree. The male wild dog had been travelling around learning what he could of the lands around him. He fancied the idea of joining a pack or pride but knew that his roaming nature would never be settled if he were to be in one place for the rest of his life.

For now though he trained his red eyes on the bell that he wore around his ankle. It was a parting gift from his parents when he could no longer stay in their den and was ready to venture out into the world.
-
Velveteen Angel: Neolani stretched gently as she walked. She was enjoying being part of a pride again – after her former coalition had disbanded, she had lost contact with most of her cubs, except for her darling Lanikai who had stayed with her for months before going her own way. She couldn’t be selfish and hold onto her forever, she didn’t want her daughter to be held back by her lame mother. The Mimi’noana had been kind to her anyway. She had a home again!

She was walking near the edges of the pride, humming to herself, when a wild dog caught her eye. Unfamiliar, it was an intriguing sight. She made her way towards him with a broad smile. “Hello there stranger,” she greeted cheerfully. “Are you a new pride member?” Perhaps she had missed him when he joined.
-
Nessiaing: Rei had entirely been in his own head paying attention to his bell instead of his surrondings, something that could be a fatel error, today luckily it was not. He looked up to see a pretty pale coloured cheetah coming his way. He put a smile on his face as he wached her approach, he didn't want to come out into the sun as his black splots attracked heat well.

"Pride? No I am not a member of the pride." he answered her quickly. Now he really began to look around him trying to take in as much of his surroundings as possible. "Have I wondered into someone elses land? Should I leave." Rei was not a fighter so he wanted to clear out as soon as possible if there was even a threat of trouble.
-
Velveteen Angel: Neolani smiled at him. “Oh don’t worry!” She reassured him quickly. “You have wandered just within the Mimi’noana lands but we are a friendly pride. We love strangers. Do you need food?” She asked cheerfully. “We have plenty to spare!”
“Are you just passing through?” She didn’t join him under the tree, because she was still a little cautious of him. She knew she could call out for the Guardian’s if he did attack, but she was hopeful that she wouldn’t need them.
- User Image
Nessiaing: Rei was shocked by her rapid fire questions. The male spent a great deal of time on his own so he wasn't use to answers questions of himself, much less so many asked at once.

"Um no I have hunted no food is neccessary. Yes I am just passing through. Trying to learn as much about the lands as I can in the area." he paused doing a mental tally of all she had said realizing that it hadn't actually been that much to answer.

"My name is Rei. Tell me about the Mimi'naona?" he asked her. Even though he didn't want to join a pride didn't mean that he wasn't interested about learning how different ones worked.
Velveteen Angel: She was glad to hear he had eaten, though she was sad that she wouldn’t get to fuss over him and feed him. She paused. Maybe she did need cubs. She really had to stop trying to mother everyone. Still, she continued to smile at him. “It is a pleasure to meet you Rei. My name is Neolani.”

She seemed to perk up even more at the idea of talking about the pride. “The Mimi’noana is a pride for seers, it is a sanctuary for those who don’t understand their gifts so that they are protected while they learn. We’re not all seers though, there are some us that are here to help the pride or individuals. I know a few mothers who stayed with their children, in hopes of protecting them while they learn.”

Nessiaing: Rei had heard of seers, those blessed by the gods with the gift of extra sight. Of course some of them were actually born to the gods with a mortal as their other parent. As far as he knew though he had never actually met a seer... though he supposed he wouldn't necessarily know if he had anyways.

"That sounds like a wonderful idea. So which one are you? Seerer or helper?" he asked the pale female his head cocked to the side. He wondered if she was a seer if she would tell him about her sight.

Velveteen Angel: Neolani stretched lightly, her bones aching just a little. She was getting old. At his question, she smiled cheerfully. “I am, in fact, a seer!” She gave a small bow, as if she had just performed a magic trick. “I’m a very poor one though, I’m afraid. I can’t do it on cue, and it only happens very rarely.” She gave a gentle shrug. “They are helping though. When I first started having them, I felt very anxious and scared. Now when they happen, I know why at least.”

“I haven’t figured out if they are future, present or past sight though.” She frowned. “I have never known any of the people in my visions, so I don’t know if its happening now or some other time.”
-
Nessiaing: Rei beamed excited that she had so willinging shared the information that he had been trying to figure out how to ask for. Being a seerer sounded quite exhausting.

"Well you are officially the first seer I have met Neolani." he told her his smile growing larger... if that was even possible.

Rei took a quick glance up into the sky and noticed the sky getting darker. "Errr I guess I shoudl get going, have to find a den for the night." he told the cheetah. He was sad to be leaving just when the conversation was getting good but he didn't want to spend a night out in the open, he had done that once and it had been very unpleasant.
-
Velveteen Angel: Neolani giggled. “Well I’m sorry that I am such a poor seer then,” she said honestly. “I wish I could tell you some big revelation about your future,” she admitted with a dramatic wave of her paw. Noelani was a dramatic soul, and had been a much more dramatic youth.

She glanced up as well, blinking at the darkening sky. “Did you want to stay with the pride? We’re friendly, I swear,” she assured with a smile. “I’ll understand if you say no, but the offer is open if you need it!”
-
nessiaing: Rei considered her offer... if they truly were a friendly pride he would certainly be safer in their borders for the night than out in the rogue lands on his own.

"If you don't think I would be imposing I would love to stay the night." he answererd her finally after considering all his options. "Would you mind showing me to a den?" he asked.
-
Velveteen Angel: “It would be no imposition!” She assured him cheerfully. She bounced on her pads of her paws. She gestured back towards the pride. “There are plenty of free dens, so it’ll be easy to find one. Monarch Ishara is very welcoming, she loves new people. She’s a bit cautious of lions though, not sure why. But she loves other species!” She was chattering happily as she bounced.

“C’mon, I’ll show you to the dens,” she assured and started to walk back to the pride, glancing back to make sure he was following.