Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Supreme Court Ruling

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darklingtears

Friendly Gaian

6,300 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:55 am
I'm am so glad that they ruled in favor of same-sex marriage. That being said, I am wondering how long it will be before the states that haven't legalized it will comply. I have a feeling that even though we've just made a huge step in the right direction that there is going to be a lot of fighting before it's nationwide. What are your thought, feeling and opinions on this?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:05 am
best thing to wake up too!  

kyari cloudcakes

Tipsy Phantom

15,175 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Isabella Kiyoshi

Versatile Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:36 pm
Mississippi took a lot of steps back by being childish. They decided that if gays can get married than no one can get married. Really?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:59 pm
I felt a fresh start in the air<3 sadly was ruined by learning that my 3-year boyfriends been cheating on me since May... Anyway, what ever.

What I'm mostly concerned about is Pride Parade in Chicago tomorrow... There is a lot of hate going about with this new ruling... I greatly fear of an attack... Of something going to go amiss on the streets. I'll be going there and it will be my first time. I hope nothing will go wrong.  

NeoSylum

Sparkly Millionaire

5,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

moonlight_peach12

Romantic Nerd

15,325 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Converting 1 item 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:30 pm
I think this is awesome because now everyone who is in love can get married to their significant other which I find awesome. What I'm also happy about is that gay marriage is legal in Texas now too yay. 😃  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:18 am
With Texas over 90% of the counties are following the ruling. Meanwhile, Alabama had to get told by a federal judge they must follow the ruling Really guys?  

Isabella Kiyoshi

Versatile Lunatic

FawnyCopper

Big Vampire

11,925 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:02 am
I'm very excited about it!! However, I wish people would say "American Gay Marriage is Legalized" rather than just "Gay Marriage is Legalized", because America is actually one of the few countries to legalize it, and it's not even the first one, so. It just makes people forget that this only really applies to Americans, and no one really pays attention to the other countries that haven't legalized gay marriage.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:54 am
Karmerruk
FawnyCopper
I'm very excited about it!! However, I wish people would say "American Gay Marriage is Legalized" rather than just "Gay Marriage is Legalized", because America is actually one of the few countries to legalize it, and it's not even the first one, so. It just makes people forget that this only really applies to Americans, and no one really pays attention to the other countries that haven't legalized gay marriage.

Because people have the right to celebrate victories in their own countries. While it's important that we show support for those countries that have yet to legalize it we shouldn't expect people to dampen their celebration. When it was legalized in Mexico I was like, "Yay Mexico!" not, "Good for you Mexico, now don't forget we still haven't done it yet!" I don't know, I feel like that's just silly.
When did I say that people shouldn't celebrate? I think that people should celebrate like hell!! I just think that we shouldn't erase the fact that it's an American victory, and that it will have a good impact on the rest of the world, but that American isn't the rest of the world, and we need to remember to keep these other countries in mind, because people often don't really care about what goes on in places they don't see.  

FawnyCopper

Big Vampire

11,925 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • OTP 200

Karmerruk
Crew

Dangerous Lunatic

6,475 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Brandisher 100