CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:08 am
User Image

The noise could be heard from some distance away. The sound of twigs and even branches snapping. The crunching and rustling of leaves. And finally the indignant squawks of birds as they were inceremoniously forced to abandon the large and now swaying tree as the winged Soquili climbed ever higher. Yes. Harith was in a tree. Climbing a tree. He'd wanted to do it ever since he saw trees as a colt.

No, scratch that, ever since he saw a squirrel climb effortlessly into a tree, scuttling up the trunk and then bounding around the branches as though it wings of its own. But he hadn't had the strength when he was little and if he fell, his then small wing span wouldn't have slowed his descent any. So now here he was, front legs folded over one branch, whilst his rear hooves were dug into the bark of the branch a bit further down, his mane and tail were stuck all over with leaves and twigs and wings were folded as tight to his body as he could get them so that they wouldn't be snagged as he climbed.

He squinted upwards between the branches, waiting for them to stop swaying so that he could judge where his next would be. He knew where he wanted to get to, high enough that he could see the view (and yes, he knew that he could fly to see a far grander view but to climb a tree!), but not so high that the branches were too thin to hold his weight. In the distance he could still hear the birds complaining and he grinned to himself, readying himself for the next bit of climbing as the tree had settled enough for him to see his path.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:28 pm
User ImageCochina HAD been planning to settle in for a nice snack. She'd found some really nice fronds, and a really luscious selection of ripe summer fruits. She'd gathered it in a really big leaf, and had been trying to find a good place to settle down, when all the noise started. She had almost jumped out of her feathers, before she decided to go hunt down whatever on this dear earth was MAKING such a racket.

She had had no idea what to expect, but coming around a tree to find... a Soquili... an ANGENI even... attempting to climb another one had caused her jaw to just drop, which was unfortunate, really, as she dropped her 'bag' and it hit the ground, popping open. She didn't even notice, so stunned by the bizarre sight in front of her. What was... going ON? And also how was he not tied, at this point, to the tree by his mane and tail?

After a good few minutes of staring at this bizarre and baffling sight, she started forwards, just barely missing stepping on her gathered repast. Coming to a stop not QUITE below the strange vision, she tilted her head, and called out "Sir, are you all right? Did something happen to you? Did a squirrel, perhaps, steal something of yours?" It was the first thing she could think of as a reason for such a strange, strange event.

[color=#CE8F98][/color]

CitrusCupcake

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:15 am
"Almost there." Harith murmured to himself as he tensed for a last push upwards, turning his head and then snagging his mane for the nth time. He sighed, starting to think that as fun as squirrels made this look, it wasn't so much fun when you had hair as long as he did. As he was unsnagging his mane he heard a feminine voice and his face wrinkled - had a bird returned? He looked around the branches, and not seeing anyone, peered down and between the leaves.

"Woah" he exclaimed. A bird had returned, a really big one..or was she a Soquili? His head tilted to one side as he tried to work out what she was, and at that moment the branch he had been supporting himself on finally broke, the branch twisting and slipping away from the main trunk.

"Aggh.." was all he managed to get out before he fell towards the ground, taking twigs, leaves and branches with him as he dropped out of the tree that he had been so patiently climbing for the last little while. At the last moment he managed to open his wings and spread them out, but it didn't slow his descent as he was too close to the ground and he landed in a heap of tangled hair and slightly crumpled feathers.

Lady Aria Starstone

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:56 pm
Cochina blinked at his exclamation of 'Woah', unsure what would be his reason for saying that. She had been about to ask him what he meant when the sound of the limb breaking caused her eyes to HUGE and she very quickly found herself grateful she had stopped where she was, as he came tumbling down.

As it was, she was showered in the leaves and twigs, etc, that came down with him. "YEEK!" She cried out, startled, before, shaking herself in shock... And then she saw him on the ground. "OH! Oh!" She moved over to him, then, right next to him, her eyes crinkled with worry for the fallen stallion. "Oh no, are you all right? I'm so sorry if I caused this!" She tried to examine him, as best she could, without touching him.

After all, she was a stranger and he might object to that. "*Is there anything I can do?" She added, after that. Her voice was wavering with worry, and her claws were clenching and unclenching in the dirt before her. Her wings were folded tight to her, and she just looked the picture of a soquili on the edge of panic because they had no clue what to do, none. Even her tailfeathers were flat.

CitrusCupcake

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:20 am
Harith started shaking, his whole body trembling, and for a moment it might seem like there was something really wrong but then he uncurled, shaking his mane out of his and laughing out loud at what had just happened to him.

"I should do that again!" he declared, chuckling at the sky and then he rolled over, catching one of his rear hooves in his tail at the same time, but he had to notice that and looked up at the lovely, bird mare.

"No, no, I just stayed in the same place for too long! I'm a lot heavier than a squirrel you see." he replied, as if that explained everything. He managed to roll himself properly upright, and then got to his hooves, flapping his wings to make sure he hadn't hurt them when he landed. They seemed fine, and then when he tried to walk, it was when he realised that his tail was nicely tangled around one of his legs.

He did a sort of hopping, stumbling circle on the spot to see if that would help and then he gave up, laughing, looking at the mare and giving a puppyish look, asked;
"Could you help me pleeeease"

Lady Aria Starstone

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:20 pm
Cochi couldn't help it, she stared in utter bafflement at the sudden laughter. He found this funny? What on earth was going on?

... At least he wasn't hurt. She hoped. Sometimes head injuries... She gave a mental headshake at that. No, she had no right to think he was head injured because he laughed at what happened. He might just be the sort to take life easy, and enjoy what comes. And if so, she envied him, just a little.

"I am glad you are alright... And yes. Yes you are heavier then a squirrel. I suspect only flutters, when small, would qualify as 'not heavier then a squirrel.' after all." She paused, then added, curiously, "Why would you compare yourself to one, though?"

At his circling, she found herself clapping one of her wings to her face, trying not to just laugh at him. When he asked for help, she couldn't not, at the least, giggle. "Yes I think I can do that... My claws would certainly be far more effective then hooves."

She walked over to him, and studied how he'd gotten his tail wrapped up. "Hmmmm..." She leaned in, carefully, and used one clawed foot to begin gently working the tangles free, so that strands of hair fell away from the mass, to hang in something closer to their proper position.

CitrusCupcake
SORRY I'VE BEEN SLOW. Ugh my muses have been BUTTHEADS.

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:33 am
"Because.." Harith replied, swishing his free but still pretty tangled tail around, just because he could now that the mare with her handy claws had freed it.

"Squirrels climb trees so effortlessly, it's something I've wanted to do since I was a foal, I didn't have the strength to do so then, and now I fear I am sadly too heavy..and.." he hunkered down on the ground, nosing at her claws in a quite blatant fashion, bobbing his head back and forth as he looked at the long talons that adorned each of her feet.

"These would be marvellous for tree climbing I am sure! Squirrels do have little claws and I think with the scaling up that it would work. Hmm. Hmm." he finally straightened, having finished his minute inspection of her claws, and looked at her, asking her with the straightest of faces;
"Do you know how I could get claws like those?"

Lady Aria Starstone
No worries ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:53 pm
She blinked slowly, trying to work out the logic. Because a squirrel did it, he wanted to? She didn't quite get it... But he seemed so enthusiastic, and happy about it. She couldn't judge him negatively for that. In fact, she found her tiny bit of envy a little stronger, but more strong was admiration for being himself, and ignoring anyone's potential judging of his somewhat... eccentric... behaviour.

She was fine with, and even amused by, his nosing and examing her claws. His question, though, thoroughly took her aback. "... Get claws? I'm terribly afraid I don't think you could do that. I was born with them. I know of no other way to get them." She looked down at her feet, lifting each one to study them thoughtfully. "I do not know how good they would be for climbing, I admit. I have not tried. They are good for gripping, though, when I wish to try to make things with my feathers, when I molt, so they might... might be?"

She walked over to the tree again, and looked at it, and her claws, then it again. "I just wonder if... I might not also have the problem of weight. Branches that can hold squirrels and birds might not be able to handle a soquili..." She looked at him, then, curiously. "I had heard... I do not know if it is a myth or not... that angeni, such as yourself, can turn to human. Is this true?" She did not know that it was only true for first generation angenis who hold a domain... after all, such tales get bigger in the telling.

CitrusCupcake
... I hate Gaia. I don't think I ever even knew you replied.

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:02 am
"Oh. Well I guess that idea is out." he tilted his head, and then laughed, huffing a little as his mane fell over his eyes. He went cross eyed trying to see the one hair that had remained and was tickling his nose and then he ended up rubbing his nose against a leg, finally getting it to move.

"Hair is tricky." he said in a solemn voice, and then grinned again, going back to what they had talking about before.

"I bet they are real good for gripping. Grip my leg." he said, shuffling forwards and waving his right foreleg at her. He really did not realise quite how odd that might seem, but luckily he moved from that onto the very intriguing question she had asked, lowering the proffered leg again.

"We can?" that was an exciting thought, as he knew that humans could climb trees. He wondered how one went about changing, and screwed his face up, closing his eyes and concentrated.

"Did it work?" he asked, opening one eye and looking at the mare.

Lady Aria Starstone
No worries, I didn't know if you did, but I didn't want to pester you about it ^_^

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:08 pm
She nods a little, and tries not to laugh at how silly he looked, trying to get his mane off his eyes. "You need some sort of hair clips, I am thinking, with how long and unruly your hair seems to be for you..." She found herself grateful her hair didn't do that too often. The last think she wanted was to have to argue with it. Claws near eyes... One slip could be a disaster.

At his request to grip her leg, she was rather taken aback, and lifted her own leg, to stare at her claws and his proffered leg, with a confused look for a long moment... Long enough that he was able to get distracted, luckily. She watched his attempt, and sighed, disappointed. "It seems that either the myth was just that... a myth... Or there is a piece we are missing to it, for you remain in your previous form." She bumped his flank gently with her nose, to make her point.

She pauses, and looks around, refinding her bundle of food she'd gathered. Perhaps she should offer to share? Yes, it was the polite thing to do. If nothing else, it might distract him from his disappointment. "I was going to eat, before I happened upon you... Would you care to join me?" She gestures at her bundle.

CitrusCupcake
I MANAGED TO REPLY IN LESS THEN A WEEK A MIRACLE.

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:06 am
"Hair clips?" Harith asked.
"Do they make hair behave? It's not really a bother mostly, but sometimes it's very unruly, especially when I'm in company. I think it knows.." he gave her a sidelong look as if it was some secret thing and then laughed again.

"Is that a bad thing then? Did you want me to change? Am I.." he put on a hurt puppy look.

"Am I not nice looking?" he asked, trying to sound like he was absolutely devastated at the thought that the pretty birdy lady Soquili didn't think he looked good as he was. Unfortunately he was quite bad at being serious, and as he finished talking, anyone could see that he was trying not to laugh at himself.

"Ooh food, I mean, yes please." he said, bouncing a little on the spot. He then remembered that he hadn't even given his name at any point, nor did he know hers.

"I'm Harith by the way." he added, his gaze now on the tasty looking fruits that had been scattered on the floor by the mare.

Lady Aria Starstone
*waves pompoms*

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:51 pm
"Yes, well... Sort of? They help hold it in place, certainly... If nothing else, it might help keep it out of your eyes." She blinks at his last comment, and laughs softly, beginning to get his humor.

Or perhaps not, for his next question had her shocked, and worried she'd actually hurt his feelings. "OH! No no, not at all, you're fine as you are! You are, in fact, a very handsome fellow... I only meant the shifting to human seems to be..." She paused, then, realizing he was joking. After a long moment of staring at him, she blinks slowly, and then said "Fishing for compliments is bad form, you know." Her tone was huffy, as if offended. She wasn't, though she was a little disgruntled that'd he'd gotten her with that... And therefore wanted a SMALL return on it... And since she was able to pretend, she kept her face very serious.

"I am Cochina. Please, feel free to enjoy these fruits with me. The trees are bearing well, this season."

CitrusCupcake
Twice in one week, the world is surely ending! -shot-

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:23 am
"I'm sorry!" he said hastily, now he too was being serious because she really was that good at being straightfaced that he had taken what she said at face value and he thought that he had overstepped the mark with his humour and was about to lose what could be a new friend.

He pushed his front hooves into the ground before the mare and buried his head between them, his mane falling to the floor and his wings drooping.

"Don't be mad at me pleeeeease." he said, in a soft wheedling tone and then he looked up at her, a look of puppyish sorrow on his face.

Lady Aria Starstone
Dun make the world end! O_O

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:03 pm
She looked at him out of the corner of her eye, stydying him with a serious face, for a long, silent moment, before a wicked grin appears on her face. "Tch! Forgiven, of course. But really, you had me worried there for a moment!" She reached over, unthinkingly, and tapped him very gently on the nose with a claw, a sort of admonishment that wasn't all that admonishing. "I thought I'd truly offended you."

She nodded again at the fruits, and moved to settle next to them. "So, now that that is dealt with... Join me, please? It would be lovely to eat. I am most hungry."

CitrusCupcake
ButbutbutIDidn'tDoit! It's doing it to ME. -shot-

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:54 am
Harith went cross-eyed, trying to see the claw as the mare tapped him on the nose and nodded;
"Yeah, I've been told my sense of humour could get me in trouble sometimes, it's just a good thing I'm so darn cute with it." he said, not even attempting a straight face that time, though he was sure his tone would have conveyed that he was joshing around. He didn't even know what he looked like to others, he thought he looked like a big, hairy and feathery lump.

"Of course!" he got up properly again, and after a few minutes wrestling with his mane to get it to behave once more and off of his face, he was able to scoop a couple of fruits at once, and for a while couldn't say much of anything whilst he chewed on the juicy fruit, trying vainly to stop the juice from dripping off his chin as he munched.

Swallowing, he tried to clean himself up and then gave the mare a sideways look to see if she was as messy as him..which he frankly doubted.
"Those are nice, where did you find them?" he asked.

Lady Aria Starstone
So you say >.>

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas