Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Infirmary Orientation (Kyle x Ezekiel) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:21 pm
Infirmary duty. Kyle had been looking forward to this for awhile and who could blame him really since this was the setting that would take him the closest to what he was training to become before his ability to see the shadows eventually tore his life apart. He might not be from the Life or Moon division but he was determined to find a way to go about things so that all the knowledge and skills that he had acquired prior would not go to waste.

Arriving at the infirmary ten minutes earlier than the time he was expected to report in at, he stood at the waiting area and looked around curiously, trying to see how big it was and what kind of facilities it had on hand compared to the hospitals that he did his student attachments at previously. It was good to be back somewhere familiar once again.

Beejoux
Tiny start from a squeaky new muse. Sorry for the wait! ^^;

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:18 pm
Contrary to the Sun trainee, Ezekiel had not been looking forward to his return to active duty in the infirmary. While the abundance of free time had eventually led to boredom, he had not missed the long hours, the lack of sleep, or having to juggle his free time. It had come as a bit of relief when he'd checked in that morning to discover he'd be working normal eights, instead of the tens or twelves he had been working before his extended hiatus from duty.

Small miracles.

It was at that point he'd realized he had a trainee assigned to him, which seemed odd. There were any number of full hunters that were probably better equipped to handle showing a newbie around, but they were probably all pretty busy.

Zeke found the trainee in question waiting where indicated, and as he arrived he gave a soft clear of his throat, tucking his clipboard under his arm. "You're Kyle?" No preamble, no beating around the bush. "I'm Ezekiel, you'll be shadowing me today."

baby_gwing

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:07 pm
Kyle turned almost immediately when he heard the soft sound of someone clearing his throat. "Yes. Kyle Cooke from the Sun division." He confirmed with both a nod and a smile. Nothing beats shadowing another person to find out what infirmary duty was about. "Okie. I'll try to stay out of the way. Where do we start?" He wouldn't be terribly opposed if Ezekiel wanted him to have some hands on too. He would go with whatever floats the other guy's boat.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:36 pm
Sun division, that was new. They were usually on the receiving end of treatment, not the giving. It earned the trainee a thoughtful look, as if Zeke was sizing him up, before he turned away and started leading the way down the hall. "We'll be looking in on the patients who are stable, but need a few days of recovery before being released." Probably the easiest rotation they could have.

The Mist lead the way towards the elevators, pushing the up arrow as he came to a stop in front of the doors. "So how long have you been on Deus?"

baby_gwing

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:32 am
Kyle had wondered at times himself if being in the Moon or Life division would suit him better given what he was doing prior to coming to Deus. He wasn't about to start questioning the powers that be as to why they thought that putting him in the Sun division would enable him to serve the organization better. He supposed that it really isn't matter which division he was in so long as he got a chance to pursue his passion and further develop what he was good at.

"Okie. So what do we do if we suspect that they've developed a complication?" Tilting his head at the look that Zeke gave him, he made no mention of it as he followed the Mist down the hall before stopping to wait for the elevator. "Close to a month now. What about you?"

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:39 am
Zeke considered the question as the elevator door opened to let them in, answering after they'd both stepped inside and he'd pushed the button. "Here, with our shields and weapon bonds, that doesn't really happen. We have rapid healing, and we're not susceptible to normal infection or illness." In his time at Deus, working for the infirmary, he'd yet to encounter someone suddenly crashing or befalling complications while being held temporarily to mend. That wasn't to say it never happened, but it would have to be a very rare occurrence.

"If something strange does happen, then you seek out help. If it seems to be a medical emergency," which he didn't foresee happening. "Hit a call button. If it's something odd, something that doesn't seem purely medical, you find whomever is in charge for that shift, or go directly to the Life or Moon leads or assistants."

The elevator gave a soft ding and the doors opened. Zeke stepped out into the hall. "I've been here since last September." It could have been a mark to the sort of advancement a person could obtain if they worked hard. Not even a year in, and Zeke had the trim on his coat marking him as intermediate. Or it could have been a warning, if the wealth of burns on his left hand and arm were any indicator to just how dangerous their jobs here were.

baby_gwing

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:08 am
Kyle followed Zeke into the elevator, leaning back on the railing a little as he listened to the Mist's explanation. "That's neat. Helps to ensure that our downtime is reduced to the bare minimum till we're fit to return to active duty. Is this the case still when things go awry and our shields fail to hold up?" There was some mention in the pamphlet about hunters having the ability to recover faster than a normal human being but that was about it. Kyle was glad that he now had an opportunity to find out more from a more experienced hunter.

Stepping out of the elevator after Zeke, Kyle looked him over and gave a nod. "That's fast. So when do you see yourself promoting to full hunter?" It was an inspiration really to see for himself someone who was promoted from a trainee to an intermediate within the span of a couple of months. He fell silent however at the sight of the other hunter's left arm and hand, tilting his head as he began to ask about the previously sustained injury. "I'm assuming that those... weren't the result of a domestic accident?"

Beejoux

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:05 am
"Shields do not simply fail, not unless there is a deeper problem than mere physical injury. That would fall under the cats gory of strangeness that you would seek out a lead to address." Zeke paused, features gone thoughtful. "Unless something ******** up their weapon beyond its ability to repair. In that case there should be a not in their file. Treat them much the same as you would a normal human. though it doesn't make much difference in the end. With out our weapons we die." Bluntly cavalier, but Zeke didn't often deal in sugar coated comforts or leaving out the truth.

He offered a shrug at the question regarding further promotion. "I'm not sure. This is a more recent advancement, but there were a number of medical hold ups that kept me relatively inactive until very recently." The arm being one such example, though certainly not the largest. Of course, since it was brought up, he'd shift his clipboard to his right hand so he could hold up the left for Kyle to see better. "Domestic accident is ironically accurate, though not in the way you mean, I'm sure."

Lowering his arm again, he stuck his hand in his pocket. "Before you woke up there was an incident that hit the dorms. One of the larger problems being investigated is something that reduces a person to, for want of a popular label, zombie like. They attack blindly, animalistically, and the infection is sped by breaking the skin." There was a lot more to it, but that was a discussion for another day, or another hunter. "One of the sick hunters hit me with a runic torch."

baby_gwing

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:32 am
"Like something that blocks the bond or severs it completely. Has it happened before?" Kyle drew his own conclusions based on what Zeke had stated with a grim look on his face, trying to keep a straight face when Semaj suddenly spoke in his mind. < Thinking of getting me out of your head permanently huh? >

Unable to come up with an answer to the usually jovial incubus on the bat, he smiled wryly at Zeke. "Not unless it's from a botched attempt at whipping something up in the kitchen and nearly taking down the entire stove with it." Taking a step closer to the Mist hunter, he let his gaze skim over the extensiveness of the scarred skin that covered a good part of Zeke's left hand and arm as far as he could see, making use of the brief moment of silence to craft a reply that was meant for his weapon alone.

< No. What made you think that I'll do something like that? >

Semaj had been acting somewhat out of sorts since that day when he snapped at him at the Shadow Run training course. It wasn't something that bode well in the long run but he wasn't sure how best he ought to approach the situation at this point. "Oh ********. That's not playing fair there. Aren't zombies supposed to be mindless or lose access to their mental faculties?"

Beejoux

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:36 pm
"It has. The former more than the latter." He glanced down at the other man. "In spring my bond to my weapon had been almost completely blocked when she was broken during a mission. My shield was present, but weaker. I couldn't summon Lagertha, nor could I hear her. It took a little over three months for her to heal enough to restore our connection." The valkyrie gave an amused hum at the back of his mind, and Zeke's lips twitched up briefly, almost smiling.

At Kyle's question the Mist offered a shrug. "Our traditional view of them based on media would lead us to believe that, but there are sentient zombies among the enemy ranks in Halloween." Zeke had not encountered one personally yet, but he had researched them.

"What infects us is different. The bitten or attacked hunter doesn't die, they simply go berserk. What is unique to this last instance was what seemed to be a secondary infection. Those of us that woke up with the alarms all felt sick to varying degrees, and strenuous activity seemed to accelerate it." He frowned thoughtfully, recalling what he could of that night as well as what he had learned in speaking with others.

"Whoever attacked me wasn't fully infected yet, but they weren't in their right mind, either." Which was the only reason Zeke was not actively hunting said person down.

baby_gwing

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:07 am
< You don't seem to enjoy having me around. Like you'll rather have someone else as your partner if you have a choice in this. > Semaj challenged, the hostility in the incubus' tone confirming Kyle's suspicion that something was not sitting well at all with his partner though now was admittedly not the best time and place to try to resolve it.

The Sun nodded, trying to keep a straight face even though it was a real challenge on his part, having to multi-task and divide his attention between Zeke and Semaj at the same time. But he managed somehow, not at all wanting to appear distracted before the Mist and risk leaving a bad first impression. "I see. Did you miss her?"

Tossing an impassive look Zeke's way, he quickly sent a telepathic message to the incubus, hoping that that would help to n** whatever problem that was brewing in the bud before it escalated any further. < That's not true Semaj. I'll admit that we didn't exactly hit it off from day 1 but I've never ever thought of replacing you. > A brief pause. Both for effect and so that he could take in a deep breath to try to ward off the headache that was threatening to develop anytime now. < Even if such an option is available. >

"I suppose that it goes without saying that you were stuck doing paperwork on the island since it will be dangerous to head out there without your partner." He resumed the conversation that he was holding with Zeke, hoping that the Mist didn't notice that anything was out of sorts as he listened to his account of the affliction that he blissfully slept through and was hence oblivious entirely to. "I'll keep that in mind. So... what happened to all of those who were infected?"

< Whatever makes you sleep better at night Kyle. > Yup. There was no doubt at all in his mind that he definitely had a problem on his hands now.

Beejoux

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 3:35 pm
Zeke looked thoughtful for a moment as he considered the question, and was aware of Lagertha lingering close in his mind, apparently just as interested in his answer. "I'm relieved to have her back." It had been weird not hearing her, not feeling her, after being connected for so long. He'd gotten used to her being there.

"Paper work, infirmary shifts. A lot of the same things I do now, just in shorter stretches of time." His shoulder came up in a lazy shrug. "No missions, obviously." He'd been grateful for the slight break, but had grown restless very quickly. As much as he might have bitched and complained about long hours at a job he didn't have a passion for, it kept him busy, and if he could use his actual degree, this wasn't that bad a trade off. It was mentally challenging, at least.

"The infection lifted, and the infected returned to normal. Myself included." One moment trying to strangle Ever, the next in a world of pain he had not really felt up to that point, thanks to the burns. "That seems to be the trend, as far as I've seen and heard. When removed from the source, or when they take enough damage, those infected just wake up. It's all very bizarre."

baby_gwing

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:41 am
"I'm sure that the feeling's mutual on her part?" Kyle quipped, a somewhat forced smile on his face now at the very audible snort that came from Semaj which in turn triggered a throbbing sensation from his left temple. This was new for him. He didn't suppose that there was any mention in the pamphlet that Horace handed him when he woke up of what he should do if he and his new partner couldn't get along.

Falling silent, he mulled over what limited options that he was aware of, only half listening to Zeke now though he tried not to show it as best as he could. "I see. Good to have everyone including yourself back then. I'm not sure if the organisation will still be functional if all the infected hunters were incapacitated as a result of such an... outbreak."

Beejoux

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:15 am
"Seems so." The valkyrie gave an amused rumble, slinking back deeper in his mind. Apparently satisfied with how that conversation had ended. He shot her a mental prod, like a soft punch on the shoulder, then let her settle.

He gave a small, thoughtful hum as he considered Kyle's comment. "Probably. But at the rate they seem to be getting new trainees, they might have been fine.. So long as they got a decent reprieve from one crisis to another." How long had it been since the last emergency? Not that long, honestly. Maybe they would be screwed if something finite happened to the hunters that were effected when s**t hit the fan. "Hard to say, but I wouldn't want to find out."

baby_gwing

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:52 pm
Kyle wasn’t getting good vibes from where Semaj was in his mind. He however chose to leave the incubus be for now, seeing as things had become even more awkward between them plus the fact that he had not an immediate solution for the evolving problem.

”Maybe. But no number of trainees can make up for the experience that comes with being a full hunter who has been around for a while.” He nodded in agreement with Zeke. ”Me neither.” It would be like the end of the world or something to that effect if the number of hunters that Deus had was reduced to no more than ten overnight due to some emergency.

Focusing his attention back to what they were supposed to be doing, he gestured towards the rooms. ”So… what else do we do here other than review those under our care? Do we get assigned stuff to do or do we just look for whatever needs doing and get down to it?”

Beejoux

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces